Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blast from the past. What the sims used to be.

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The Sims 2 is still there and you can still play it if you want to. :smile:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

It's not really the point of the thread but thanks for pointing it out.
  • StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    edited September 2020

There is a Sims 4 positivity thread on the forums somewhere. I saw it earlier but couldn’t link you to it right now as I can’t remember what discussion section it was on. But I’m sure you can still go there if you would like to. :)

Edit: just had a look and it’s your own thread so I’m sure you can find it yourself without me linking it. Happy Simming!
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member

Not the point of the thread but thanks for stopping by :)
  • lousha_lovelousha_love Posts: 45 Member
    > @Justin said:
    > This showed up on my recommendation & gosh. Does anyone remember when the sims used to be fun, cheeky with humor & had actual gameplay depth ?
    >
    >
    > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
    >
    >
    > I remember showing this to my mom when I was 10 because I was excited for sims 2 & wanted it for my birthday. I was even surprised she was okay with it lol. This is what I miss about the sims. Sims 4 has truly been out of touch for a long time. Not only with its fan base but with what made the previous game’s fun & had true gameplay value. It was a game that all types of players can find fun in. We have more packs in the sims 4 then any other title & somehow it still feels lackluster. Where’s the fun & humor now? How did sims 4 become so childish? How did we go from the old school sims to marketing on a kids YouTube channel for Star Wars Batuu ?
    >
    > Heck, look at all the little details we used to have back in the day.
    >
    > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlWEvlW9jbY
    >
    > I just don’t understand how the community has accepted what the sims 4 has become. I’m afraid of what sims 5 might turn out to be. I will always love the franchise, but I don’t love it like I used to.

Wow... Just make me cry. The good ole days and in my opinion, the best of the Sims fanchise. Sims 5 will not get my money. Already decided. Sims 5 will have to come strong with a true combination of at least the best of S2 & S3. I only continue to buy packs for S4 because of my initial investment in the base game. However, with S4, I don't spend money on packs that don't interest me. I should have waited for the real reviews on the S4, maybe 5 months after the release. That's usually when all the excitement of the new game/packs truly wear off, and the reviewers start talking about what need to be fixed.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Nope, it's perfectly relevant. The thread is talking about how much better Sims 2 is so I'm saying to go and play Sims 2 instead if it's your favorite edition. :) The Sims 4 discussion section isn't really the place for Sims 2 discussion
    edited September 2020

Nope, it's perfectly relevant. The thread is talking about how much better Sims 2 is so I'm saying to go and play Sims 2 instead if it's your favorite edition. :) The Sims 4 discussion section isn't really the place for Sims 2 discussion

Who are you to say what’s allowed & not allowed? Everyone is able to discuss what they like or dislike on the forums as long as it’s relevant. The description & replies is about the direction of the sims 4 & the future & comparing what we used to get to what we have now. The ones that seem the “nicest” on the forums are usually the ones in disguise . If you don’t like what’s being said here I suggest you stick to your own thread . Thanks :)

Edited: I also compared a sims 3 & sims 4 expansion pack. So we are not just discussing the sims 2 . We’re talking about the franchise overall. Your thread is able to compare the sims 4 & what makes it better then other titles but my thread can’t talk about what’s missing? Oh the irony honey.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Boy...I sure o miss the awesome gameplay of Sims 1 and 2.....I hope Sims 5 will have the best features of Sims 1 and 2 and the graphics/builing tools of Sims 4. I can do without open world and CaSt(since people have told me the CaSt made it difficicult to create or dolwnload custom content for Sims 3), but I do hope they bring back Create a World for sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Actually it was a comparison between what features from the Sims 2 people miss and would have liked in the Sims 4 but that aren’t in it. And Sims 3 as well for that matter. So, it’s pretty relevant to the Sims 4 to be fair.

But I can see where the confusion might be as it’s not a we love the Sims 4 thread so it’s understandable. I think a clearer title should be added. :) Maybe OP can change the title so we can get back on track comparing the two again.

I think Sims 4 furniture with all its detail would look really cool if it moved like it didn’t when Sims sat on it in the Sims 2. Or if ghosts could make random dips in it in the Sims 4 before you see them. It would be spooky and awesome in my opinion.
    edited September 2020
    Boy...I sure o miss the awesome gameplay of Sims 1 and 2.....I hope Sims 5 will have the best features of Sims 1 and 2 and the graphics/builing tools of Sims 4. I can do without open world and CaSt(since people have told me the CaSt made it difficicult to create or dolwnload custom content for Sims 3), but I do hope they bring back Create a World for sims 5.

I actually like the mini open world within the neighborhood we have in sims 4. I just wish we could see sims in their houses. But yes create a world was really fun back in sims 2. For sims 3, it was a bit too much for me to handle because my game would always freeze so I’d have to save constantly ever time I made a change I liked lol. We will see how sims 5 turns out. Hopefully for the better :)
    Actually it was a comparison between what features from the Sims 2 people miss and would have liked in the Sims 4 but that aren’t in it. And Sims 3 as well for that matter. So, it’s pretty relevant to the Sims 4 to be fair.

But I can see where the confusion might be as it’s not a we love the Sims 4 thread so it’s understandable. I think a clearer title should be added. :) Maybe OP can change the title so we can get back on track comparing the two again.

I think Sims 4 furniture with all its detail would look really cool if it moved like it didn’t when Sims sat on it in the Sims 2. Or if ghosts could make random dips in it in the Sims 4 before you see them. It would be spooky and awesome in my opinion.

At first I had “blast from the past” then added “what the sims used to be”. For others not to understand that this is not necessarily positive nor negative, it’s a thread pointing out what we used to have versus what we don’t have now. I guess some people need it more simplified ?
    The one thing I wish ghost had in sims 4 more would be their feet. My mermaid ghosts look funny without a tail showing lol. But yeah the animation of watching tv while lying on your side or on the bed would be a nice addition for sims 4 :)
  • Justin wrote: »
    Actually it was a comparison between what features from the Sims 2 people miss and would have liked in the Sims 4 but that aren’t in it. And Sims 3 as well for that matter. So, it’s pretty relevant to the Sims 4 to be fair.

At first I had “blast from the past” then added “what the sims used to be”. For others not to understand that this is not necessarily positive nor negative, it’s a thread pointing out what we used to have versus what we don’t have now. I guess some people need it more simplified ?
    The one thing I wish ghost had in sims 4 more would be their feet. My mermaid ghosts look funny without a tail showing lol. But yeah the animation of watching tv while lying on your side or on the bed would be a nice addition for sims 4 :)

You gotta hold some people’s hands sometimes, honey. Else they can’t get across the road.

I agree it would be nice if they had their feet but I also get the partial apparition they went for, for a spookier feel (if I saw a ghost in real life missing bits I’d probably freak out more tbf). So I’d be happy for there to be a mixture of the two. I’m also curious about a mermaid ghost now!

I would also love the tv thing! Where it could fall from the wall haha! That would make me so mad in a fun way. And I liked how they had to pull the tv out to fix it, then manually push it back so that sort of thing would be awesome. As well as the computer boot up and game disc thing though it’s more digital now. So maybe just a mini origin or steam type load up would be cool.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    That trailer always bothered me because it’s not true in Sims 2. What bothers me now is that we’re on version 4 and it’s still not like that.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited September 2020
    babajayne wrote: »
    That trailer always bothered me because it’s not true in Sims 2. What bothers me now is that we’re on version 4 and it’s still not like that.

I think they made it that way was because the game wasn't fully developed. I think the concept of that video is that they're introducing aging and generational gameplay

But it would be cool if we had those quirky unique animations depending on their personalities in a game, maybe one day if EA allows creativity!
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 is superior compared to its predecessors; it has outsold all Sims games combined and is one of the best games to date. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    The Sims 4 is superior compared to its predecessors; it has outsold all Sims games combined and is one of the best games to date. :#

Justine Keaton in the sims 3 is offended.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    edited September 2020

You like trying to police discussions on here - whether it's denying others their opinions on your thread, or closing down threads created by others.

You seem to love whatever rap with a c, EA churns out 😉
    This showed up on my recommendation & gosh. Does anyone remember when the sims used to be fun, cheeky with humor & had actual gameplay depth ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

I remember showing this to my mom when I was 10 because I was excited for sims 2 & wanted it for my birthday. I was even surprised she was okay with it lol. This is what I miss about the sims. Sims 4 has truly been out of touch for a long time. Not only with its fan base but with what made the previous game’s fun & had true gameplay value. It was a game that all types of players can find fun in. We have more packs in the sims 4 then any other title & somehow it still feels lackluster. Where’s the fun & humor now? How did sims 4 become so childish? How did we go from the old school sims to marketing on a kids YouTube channel for Star Wars Batuu ?

Heck, look at all the little details we used to have back in the day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlWEvlW9jbY

I just don’t understand how the community has accepted what the sims 4 has become. I’m afraid of what sims 5 might turn out to be. I will always love the franchise, but I don’t love it like I used to.

Ahh, The Sims 2. Memories. 2004 and still my favourite iteration. If EA released a remastered version and cleaned it up a bit from bugs and glitches, I'd bin off The Sims 4 and have at it!

Sim memories. Attraction. Chemistry. Wants and Fears. Just some of the things making Sims that bit more likeable and relatable.
    edited September 2020

You’re right, it has sold the most. But being the “best” is subjective to the person & also when you compare them closely. You don’t say the same to an anticipated movie that sells out on its tickets. You wait for the feedback.

Edited to cite for you. It’s important you cite your claims.

https://simscommunity.info/2020/01/30/the-sims-4-has-become-the-best-selling-base-game-in-the-franchise/
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    This showed up on my recommendation & gosh. Does anyone remember when the sims used to be fun, cheeky with humor & had actual gameplay depth ?

I remember showing this to my mom when I was 10 because I was excited for sims 2 & wanted it for my birthday. I was even surprised she was okay with it lol. This is what I miss about the sims. Sims 4 has truly been out of touch for a long time. Not only with its fan base but with what made the previous game’s fun & had true gameplay value. It was a game that all types of players can find fun in. We have more packs in the sims 4 then any other title & somehow it still feels lackluster. Where’s the fun & humor now? How did sims 4 become so childish? How did we go from the old school sims to marketing on a kids YouTube channel for Star Wars Batuu ?

I just don’t understand how the community has accepted what the sims 4 has become. I’m afraid of what sims 5 might turn out to be. I will always love the franchise, but I don’t love it like I used to.

Ahh, The Sims 2. Memories. 2004 and still my favourite iteration. If EA released a remastered version and cleaned it up a bit from bugs and glitches, I'd bin off The Sims 4 and have at it!

Sim memories. Attraction. Chemistry. Wants and Fears. Just some of the things making Sims that bit more likeable and relatable.

Sims 2 is not as buggy (at least for me) & there’s tons of mods available to help fix those pesky issues. One of the previous comments mentioned the mod community is still strong. Memories , attraction, chemistry wants & fears should make a comeback in the sims 4. At least fears. We have all emotions but fear. I would like my sim to be afraid of the vampires that come drink from her at night
  • The Sims 4 is superior compared to its predecessors; it has outsold all Sims games combined and is one of the best games to date. :#

In your opinion. In other people’s opinion it isn’t the best in the franchise and that’s ok. In a grown up world we can all have our opinions.

Please also link to the sales figures that say it’s outsold all the other games combined. I’m not disputing this it’s just best practice to cite evidence for claims of a factual nature.

1)A game can be the best selling but that doesn’t mean 2)it’s the best in the franchise. The first statement (if there is financials to back it up) is a true statement, the second statement remains your opinion and others are free to disagree.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    this is so sad. alexa please start a petition to bring the sims 1 & 2 devs back to the life simulation genre. man i wish i was a billionaire i'd pay all their salaries if it meant to have an amazing sims 5 to make justice to the franchise

Sims 2 is not as buggy (at least for me) & there’s tons of mods available to help fix those pesky issues. One of the previous comments mentioned the mod community is still strong. Memories , attraction, chemistry wants & fears should make a comeback in the sims 4. At least fears. We have all emotions but fear. I would like my sim to be afraid of the vampires that come drink from her at night

Don't get me wrong. It isn't a TS3 lag-fest or TS4 bug-fest. I just meant, generally.

It's the graphics for me. I can't bring myself to play aged games 😔 I like attractive games and I fall for newer games and upgraded graphics cards every time 🤦🏼‍♂

Don't get me wrong. It isn't a TS3 lag-fest or TS4 bug-fest. I just meant, generally.

It's the graphics for me. I can't bring myself to play aged games 😔 I like attractive games and I fall for newer games and upgraded graphics cards every time 🤦🏼‍♂

Don’t worry you’re not the only one lol. That’s where they get us ;) but like I’ve said before, sims 4 is more about the aesthetic appeal. For example , I prefer sims 4 mermaids over sims 3 for the fact that they are much prettier & I love their tale movement animations. But I like sims 3 mermaids simply because they have all body of waters to swim & their own underwater world.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

devs know this. every company knows this. it's easier to trick the eyes than put actual effort on the product. what's paid is paid. and the sims 4 at least brings 10 minutes of fun gameplay until you realize what you paid for