Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Real Estate Cheat

13...Next

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No
    I just motherlode it up then build, my sims are spoiled and don't normally work for money, just for something to do
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes I use it. If I've got a specific story in mind, or if I'm play-testing a build, I don't have time to earn §200,000. Once I wrote down how much the property cost and made my Sims pay it all back over time like a bank loan. That was fun.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yes
    I don't use it for every Sim, but I use it a lot.

I especially need it because I am constantly switching Sims from household to household to create new Sims, fix relationships, copy outfits, et cetera, and I'm not always careful about money transfers. I often end up with Sims with zero money who should have had money, so I have to move them into a lot before I can use a cheat to give them money again.

But I also use it a lot because I like most of my Sims to have cute houses. I used to enjoy moving a Sim into an expensive house and then struggle to pay the bills for all that house, but bills are so low now that it's not as much fun doing that anymore. I had one Sim whose children were taking part-time jobs and creating digital art at home so that daddy wouldn't get his mortgage foreclosed.

I also use it a lot because I usually have a story in my head about a certain character, and some of those characters are rich, so I want them to have nice houses, or perhaps their parents were rich and they inherited real estate but no money, or perhaps the Sim is unrealistic and wants a big house even though they can't afford it.

I also need the cheat now because all the cheap lots are taken. I need more lots!

Anyway, I'm very glad the cheat is available to us!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    Yes
    cause I like to make cute houses and i want to build them at once not wait to build a new wall as my sim goes to work or whatever

i would like it if my sims were forced to slowly pay it back though like when they get bills and all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Yes
    I use it for non-playable sim to move them in
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes
    Only when setting up a neighborhood with sims to fill all the housing. That way, none of the random generated sims get in my homes.

I do that as well; I find that the game (especially with MCCC) tends to crowd families into 1 and 2 BR houses/apartments, and puts single Sims into the giant multibedroom houses. With MCCC, townies get married and have babies so I move families around as well. And I have no hesitation about evicting a household and consigning them to Not in World population if there's a house I want for my own Sims. ;)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    No
    I just motherlode it up then build, my sims are spoiled and don't normally work for money, just for something to do

This is what I end up doing on most of mine.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    No
    In sims 3 I used it because the loading screens took soooo long that I would often move the family where I thought they should live. Then if I didn't like the house they got a bunch of cash and moved. Sims 1 my sims would be basically as rich as the programming allowed, and I built houses that reflected that.

Sims 4? I haven't used any money cheats. Just not my play style. I tend to either build from what they have and improve over time or I'll build a house on an empty lot and the sims paint or whatever until they can afford it. Or marry rich and find an... untimely accident... Ya know, sims problems XD
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    No
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I always forget about it. Can you use the cheat in apartments? Does anyone know?

Same.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yes
    I use it for build challenges to move in a Sim to playtest the build, and sometimes for certain townies if I feel they would already have the simoleans to buy the lot/house. For example, my Adam Lambert Sim I moved into a mansion in Del Sol Valley. :) I've never used it for any of my playable Sims though, most of them start out R2R with 0 simoleans on an empty lot.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Yes
    I alway cheat in the sims game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes I’ll make an established house and the sims that live there, move them in with free real estate before I cheat their money down. Other times, I won’t and just let them go with only a hundred simoleons to their name.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but sometimes
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    Yes
    Yes, because I like finding cool houses in the gallery and adding them to the maps so the descendants in my family tree can move into them, but often times the houses are wicked expensive, and it's too time consuming trying to get a Sim to earn enough to buy the house outright. Or sometimes I'm desperate to just get a certain Sim out of the main house to make room for more kids or whatever, so with free real estate cheat I can plunk the ousted Sim in their own home for possible new story, and get on with my current game.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    To keep a neighborhood from going empty I use it to drop a NPC family into a home. As for my own Sims it's a 50/50 split depending if I'm in the mood to build from scratch.
  • pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    Yes
    I only use it to fill up the neighbourhood with the sims I want to live there but I would not be playing them.
    I don't use it for the sims I am planning to actually play with. I like to make the sims earn their living.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes
    I never use it for my main family/families. I always play Rags to Riches. I use the cheat all of the time though to set up my townies or if the game generates a sim in the bin that I never want to lose so I give them a house. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    Yes
    I like to have my sims living a nice life with drama in it too
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Yes
    I don't have time for rags to riches. My Sims want it all. Now. I have one sim who is completing all aspirations, careers, skills, etc and she wants to be comfortable while doing it. 😄
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but only to move townies into lots. Not for my active sims.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Yes
    I often build the house or at least know where I want them to live before I create my sims in cas, so freerealestate is a godsend.