Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Ana__AndreaAna__Andrea Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi :] I been playing the sims 4 for a year now. I heve seen this forum before but just now decided to join and maybe learn something new and meet new Simers :smiley:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hi :] I been playing the sims 4 for a year now. I heve seen this forum before but just now decided to join and maybe learn something new and meet new Simers :smiley:

Hello @Ana__Andrea :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been playing Sims 4 for the last year. There are many enjoyable parts of simming from creating sims, to building and furnishing homes for them to live in, then enjoying seeing how their lives develop in our games!
    It is great that you have joined the forums! I hope you will enjoy reading the threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads, and find helpful game tips.
    Happy simming! :)
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hi. I've had sims 4 for a year or two now. I have the sims 3 but haven't been able to play for years. I started playing sims 4 loads during Covid 19 lockdown. I mostly play my legacy game because I love sims familys but I do play 100 baby Challenge (tho I've only reached 10 lol). I've been looking at the forum forum for a few months, I enjoy seeing what people are up to, but I only joined today. If you want to read about my legacy game, it's here:
    https://couchpotatopotato123.wordpress.com/
    Post edited by JamesSims528 on
    Hi. I've had sims 4 for a year or two now. I have the sims 3 but haven't been able to play for years. I started playing sims 4 loads during Covid 19 lockdown. I mostly play my legacy game because I love sims familys but I do play 100 baby Challenge (tho I've only reached 10 lol). I've been looking at the forum forum for a few months, I enjoy seeing what people are up to, but I only joined today. If you want to read about my legacy game, it's here:
    www.tumblr.com/blog/view/thedrakelegacy

Hello @MightyCakes345 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3, and that now you have been playing Sims 4 for the last years. Simming has been enjoyable for many simmers during the Covid 19 lockdown. It has been very helpful to do to help with needing to remain at home.
    Legacies are great! :) It is lovely seeing the new generations and watching the interactions between generations and siblings. It is very nice seeing what happen in the lives of the Sims family.
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-17662253"][quote="MightyCakes345;c-17662245"]Hi. I've had sims 4 for a year or two now. I have the sims 3 but haven't been able to play for years. I started playing sims 4 loads during Covid 19 lockdown. I mostly play my legacy game because I love sims familys but I do play 100 baby Challenge (tho I've only reached 10 lol). I've been looking at the forum forum for a few months, I enjoy seeing what people are up to, but I only joined today. If you want to read about my legacy game, it's here:
    www.tumblr.com/blog/view/thedrakelegacy[/quote]

It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3, and that now you have been playing Sims 4 for the last years. Simming has been enjoyable for many simmers during the Covid 19 lockdown. It has been very helpful to do to help with needing to remain at home.
    Legacies are great! :) It is lovely seeing the new generations and watching the interactions between generations and siblings. It is very nice seeing what happen in the lives of the Sims family.
    Happy simming! :) [/quote]

Thanks!
    rosemow wrote: »
    www.tumblr.com/blog/view/thedrakelegacy

Thanks!

You’re welcome :)
  • OliviaAROliviaAR Posts: 31 Member
    Greetings~
    I'm rather late to making an account on here, but better late than never! I have been in love with the sims since I was 11 yrs old. Back then, though, I didn't know what the internet was (I was very sheltered), so I always played sims on the ps2. My first times game was Sims Bustin Out for the ps2, then just The Sims, also for the ps2. Then I later found the sims 2 and the sims 2 pets for the ps2. It was till I was 17 is when I was introduced by a family friend to the sims 2 for the pc. I couldn't believe what I was missing out on!!! Even when the sims 3 came out, I didn't start playing it till 2015. Then in 2018 that is when I started playing Sims 4. But I play the sims 3 more than the other sims games I own, mainly because of the horses.
    I always make a sim based on me and based on my husband and have them grow up together, eventually marry and have children together. I also love building. Its so fun and time consuming. We just have a baby last month, so its nice to have a relaxing game to play where it doesn't require any thinking. I hope to share the sims with our son when he gets old enough. If he is like me, he will love the sims too!!
    50367188388_aeb7c99673_m.jpg
    Sometimes All You Need Is A Warm Hug From Your Bestfriend
    edited September 2020
    OliviaAR wrote: »
    Greetings~
    I'm rather late to making an account on here, but better late than never! I have been in love with the sims since I was 11 yrs old. Back then, though, I didn't know what the internet was (I was very sheltered), so I always played sims on the ps2. My first times game was Sims Bustin Out for the ps2, then just The Sims, also for the ps2. Then I later found the sims 2 and the sims 2 pets for the ps2. It was till I was 17 is when I was introduced by a family friend to the sims 2 for the pc. I couldn't believe what I was missing out on!!! Even when the sims 3 came out, I didn't start playing it till 2015. Then in 2018 that is when I started playing Sims 4. But I play the sims 3 more than the other sims games I own, mainly because of the horses.
    I always make a sim based on me and based on my husband and have them grow up together, eventually marry and have children together. I also love building. Its so fun and time consuming. We just have a baby last month, so its nice to have a relaxing game to play where it doesn't require any thinking. I hope to share the sims with our son when he gets old enough. If he is like me, he will love the sims too!!

Hello @OliviaAR :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Congratulations on the birth of your precious new little baby son! <3 It is very lovely! I hope that he will one day also enjoy Simming just like you do :)
    It is very nice that you started simming when a child by playing the console version and that it has been a part of your life as you were growing up. Simming is enjoyable and fun! The horses in Sims 3 are very nice for our sims to enjoy riding.
    It is lovely that you make Simself versions of you and husband and play them in your game <3 Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a very nice way of expressing our creativity through the game!
  • VanillaBling04VanillaBling04 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, I'm Andrea. Also known as plumbobfae/brownieswife/grrlnglasses, etc. I've been making Custom content since The Sims 2, though more often in The Sims 4. Nice to meet you all :)
    Hi, I'm Andrea. Also known as plumbobfae/brownieswife/grrlnglasses, etc. I've been making Custom content since The Sims 2, though more often in The Sims 4. Nice to meet you all :)

Hello @VanillaBling04 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you make custom content. It would be special items that you have in your game, and that your sims enjoy having in their lives. It is great that you have played Sims 2 and now are also playing Sims 4.
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads.
  • NatureWitch5692NatureWitch5692 Posts: 25 Member
    Hey everyone! I've been playing the Sims long enough to finally admit it'd be nice to have other people talk to about it. I've always played the Sims on and off since I was a kid and always kind of enjoyed it, but since Sims 4, and more noticeably since quarantine, I've just fallen down a rabbit hole lol. I love getting on here and looking at all the challenges, and decided yesterday that I really wanna become a member so I can start participating with others! I love the creativity that this game brings out in people, either through storytelling, or build/design. It's nice to meet y'all!
    Hey everyone! I've been playing the Sims long enough to finally admit it'd be nice to have other people talk to about it. I've always played the Sims on and off since I was a kid and always kind of enjoyed it, but since Sims 4, and more noticeably since quarantine, I've just fallen down a rabbit hole lol. I love getting on here and looking at all the challenges, and decided yesterday that I really wanna become a member so I can start participating with others! I love the creativity that this game brings out in people, either through storytelling, or build/design. It's nice to meet y'all!

Hello @NatureWitch5692 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been enjoying simming since you were a child, and that you have especially being playing Sims 4 with the current virus situation and quarantine. Simming has helped many simmers through all that has and is occurring with the virus and needing to stay indoors.
    Simming is an enjoyable and fun way of expressing our creativity through the game!
    It is great that you have joined the forums! I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the threads.
  • PENchaoticPENchaotic Posts: 13 New Member
    :) hi! i have played the sims original, 2 and now 4. i also enjoy custom content, both from others and even myself. I am, by no means, new to this site... but I apparently misplaced any former login information. i hope you have a great morning/day/evening/night!!
    PENchaotic wrote: »
    :) hi! i have played the sims original, 2 and now 4. i also enjoy custom content, both from others and even myself. I am, by no means, new to this site... but I apparently misplaced any former login information. i hope you have a great morning/day/evening/night!!

Hello @PENchaotic :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is very nice that you have played the original Sims 1, Sims 2 and are now playing Sims 4. Simming is very enjoyable and fun! It is very nice seeing what happens in the lives of our sims households. All versions of the Sims are great to play, with their own special uniquely nice features!
  • the_red_simmerthe_red_simmer Posts: 36 Member
    Hello, it's nice to meet you guys! I've been playing Sims for a couple of years now; I started with Sims 3 and recently fell in love with Sims 4. I've been watching this forum for a while but finally decided to join! My favorite aspects of Sims are CAS and I love creating stories for my Sims! I've recently started participating in shell challenges and it has given me a lot of confidence as a builder!
    Hello, it's nice to meet you guys! I've been playing Sims for a couple of years now; I started with Sims 3 and recently fell in love with Sims 4. I've been watching this forum for a while but finally decided to join! My favorite aspects of Sims are CAS and I love creating stories for my Sims! I've recently started participating in shell challenges and it has given me a lot of confidence as a builder!

Hello @the_red_simmer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3 and now play Sims 4 also. Simming is enjoyable and fun!
    It is very nice spending time in CAS creating sims, working out what their background details are, then choosing outfits that suit them. It is lovely then seeing how their lives develop in our game!
  • NothingReallyQTNothingReallyQT Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, new to using this site so justt rying to figure to how everything works! My name is BlackDaimondLove. Yes, I know Daimond is spelled wrong but there's a reason for that! I hope to make some friends here!
    Hello, new to using this site so justt rying to figure to how everything works! My name is BlackDaimondLove. Yes, I know Daimond is spelled wrong but there's a reason for that! I hope to make some friends here!

Hello @BlackDaimondLove :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forums threads, meeting fellow simmers, find helpful game tips and enjoy posting about what is happening in your sims game.
  • WintersEdge22WintersEdge22 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi, I'm Kayleigh! I've been playing The Sims 4 for a few years now and have been regularly creating and uploading my work onto the gallery for the last year and a half or so. I've been thinking about joining the forums for a while actually so that I can showcase my work and decided that now is the time. I look forward to showing my work and seeing what everyone else is creating on here! Hope you all have a wonderful day! ^_^
  • ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    Welcome @WintersEdge22 good to see you on here xx
    Hi, I'm Kayleigh! I've been playing The Sims 4 for a few years now and have been regularly creating and uploading my work onto the gallery for the last year and a half or so. I've been thinking about joining the forums for a while actually so that I can showcase my work and decided that now is the time. I look forward to showing my work and seeing what everyone else is creating on here! Hope you all have a wonderful day! ^_^

Hello @WintersEdge22 :) It is great that you have joined the forums! Your creations are very creative and lovely! I always look forward to seeing each of your new creations that you upload!
    It is a very nice that you are planning to showcase your creations on the forums :)
  • dreamyaridreamyari Posts: 41 Member
    Hi friends! I'm Ari and I've been playing The Sims since I was around 13 years old, and typing that has made me realise that I've been playing these games for twelve years which is crazy.
    I was an avid player of TS4 but recently switched back to TS3 after years of being away and it's brought so much life back into the game for me personally. Today I'll be starting a new legacy challenge and I'm very excited to see where it takes me ♥
    ☆ it is only with the heart that one can see rightly ★
    ❀ advocate + founder of TS3 Renaissance
    - they/them -
    TS3 username; britishpinkkitty
    ʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀ ʟᴇɢᴀᴄʏ; https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981894/harper-legacy#latest
    dreamyari wrote: »
    Hi friends! I'm Ari and I've been playing The Sims since I was around 13 years old, and typing that has made me realise that I've been playing these games for twelve years which is crazy.
    I was an avid player of TS4 but recently switched back to TS3 after years of being away and it's brought so much life back into the game for me personally. Today I'll be starting a new legacy challenge and I'm very excited to see where it takes me ♥

Hello @dreamyari :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming when a teen, and that has been a part of your life over the years. You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming in the game <3
    I hope the legacy challenge that you are starting today goes well!
  • MissClairelyMissClairely Posts: 15 Member
    Hi! I think I may have posted here before because apparently I've been signed up here for like seven years, but I haven't been active, so I figured a reintroduction was necessary. Sorry in advance for how utterly long this is, if there's a spoiler or "read more" option on this forum please let me know...

I'm a simmer from the American south in my late 20's. I've played: TS1 + all EPs, The Urbz: Sims in the City (shut up okay this game was LIT in 2004), TS2 + most EPs, TS3 + all EPs except Ambitions, and TS4 + All EPs, GPs, and SPs (god help me). I'm new to TS4, got the base game free and then all the packs went on sale during quarantine so I said why not. The caveat here is I don't have a gaming PC, and the free base game + sale was on PS4. So I'm playing TS4 with every single pack installed, but no mods or CC because EA hates console players.

I won't lie -- I am DEEPLY disappointed by many aspects of TS4...there are so many game-breaking bugs I'd be here all day if I listed JUST the ones I've encountered since playing. I was busy with school when TS4 launched, so I literally hadn't touched a Sims game since TS3: Into the Future (and what a masterpiece that game was. Strangerville could never.) I'm sure you can imagine my shock at the lack of Create-a-Style, the lack of color sliders for hair, skin, and eyes, the terrible, limited, and mismatched swatches in build mode, the lack of a memory system or any indication that your Sims remember or are affected by events beyond just getting a sad moodlet, the terrible eyelashes, no fingernails, unbelievably nonsensical accessory system -- why can't I put this ring on the other hand? Why are all the cool bracelets only for one arm? Why is it so hard to get a full set of jewelry where each piece isn't a slightly different shade of gold from the others? Why are these tattoos so much worse than the ones in TS3? Why can I decorate Occults any way I want...except with vampire teeth? I can give vampires the scary mermaid teeth, but can't give mermaids the scary vampire fangs, even though with every other occult asset, you can use it freely between occults (with the exception of alien eyes). I don't get why they don't just have you select what kind of occult sim you want and then boom: access to ALL the occult CAS items -- all teeth, all eyes, all weird skin tones, all face details, etc. Why can't I give my vampire freaky alien eyes? Why can't my murderous siren have vampire fangs -- she can have vampire eyes! It just doesn't make sense.

The Sims themselves look cute, toddlers especially. But once they hit the young adult stage, the overly-animated, mime-esque way they move is so cartoonish and off-putting. Like that little thing they do when one approaches the other and they agree to woohoo -- they both do this bizzare little movement that, if you did it in real life, you'd soon find yourself short a bedmate. It's so weird. So many otherwise cute moments are ruined by stuff like this. Also why does my sim have to auto-queue a fist-pump every time she finishes knitting something?

Multitasking is nice, or it would be if it weren't broken AF. It's not multitasking if they literally stop what they're doing to do the other thing. Chatting while having a meal shouldn't make that meal take three times as long to eat, I mean seriously. Parenthood would be fun if all the toddler furniture wasn't straight-up cursed. I just feed them on the floor and have them put themselves to bed because I don't always have six hours to babysit mom-sim while she picks up and puts down her kid in the high chair repeatedly instead of just feeding them, or decides she can't read her kid to sleep because...the bed is against a wall. OK. I was actually excited for laundry, but all it does is set the house on fire no matter how much you clean the lint tray, then it bugs out and no longer gives you the option to "wash," so you have to delete the washer and dryer otherwise your sims will be in dirty clothes 24/7. Thus, without mods, that whole pack is effectively useless.

Kids in general are super fun but there's no escape from them -- the nanny doesn't work unless you leave all your doors unlocked, because she doesn't count as household OR employee for some foolish reason so if you want to keep your cat out of the un-moveable woohoo bush near your lot, you can't have a nanny, because the second that door unlocks, Whiskers over here is on a mission to get skunked/bitten. Daycare is bugged and will literally lead to your child being taken away because you get back from your date to the romance festival only to find that your toddler has returned from daycare with a full bladder, an empty stomach, and terrible hygiene. Stuff like this has apparently gone on for years, and it never gets addressed. Butlers are annoying as can be, all they do is remove my decor and call it 'cleaning' -- here's a hint: if it's on a desk/shelf, it's not meant to be collected and thrown in a toybox! Also, can you please stop cooking nonstop when everyone has a full stomach and there's a fridge full of fresh leftovers?? I know you can customize their behavior but I can never get them to behave to my liking. Like, seriously. If something breaks, fix it. If there's a mess (an ACTUAL mess -- toddler made a mess, puddles on the floor, dirty counter/sink/dishes) then clean it up, but leave my kid's toys alone unless they're strewn about the floor. If there's a kid screaming, take care of it, and feed it if it needs to be fed -- don't cook just to cook, wasting my money and ingredients. And otherwise, when nothing is going on, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 OF MY FACE. Go read your book in your bedroom, stop butting into conversations, interrupting my Sim as she tries to cook, chatting me up when the kids are making a mess and you've been directed to care for minors...just, ugh. It's like this with all services. Maid shows up, there's not a mess? K bye, lemme charge you for doing nothing. Uh, how about you hang out at my house for a few hours and clean messes up as they're made? Don't even get me started on caterers, bartenders, and hired performers. You're lucky to get them to even show up, let alone do their intended job before the event ends.

Even build mode is bugged -- placing ladders or stairs (esp with railings) against walls often creates a huge gap in the exterior trim, foundation, and spandrels that doesn't go away even when you delete the stairs. There are multiple posts about this all over EA's websites, they've ignored the issue for years.

What I DO love:

-Face/body sculpting. FINALLY I can build Sims based on real people/characters and they actually look like them. Can't praise that aspect of CAS enough, truly. But it just makes it that much more sad that they killed create-a-style. I can make a sim who looks exactly like x-person...unless x-person has purple hair that ISN'T a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lavender shade.
    -Cute clothes, especially for toddlers and kids. I don't think we have enough, however. I have every pack and constantly find myself making the same outfits over and over. Also, why can't I pierce my toddler's ears? It's very common in many cultures. Also common? Painting their nails. But Mom-sims cant even get nail beds, so I guess that's asking too much.
    -Photography is amazing...if you have the Moschino pack.
    -Occult powers. I like that they actually DO stuff, not just "ooh look i made flames shoot out for a second." My spellcaster sim just opened a bakery and can't afford employees yet -- that scruberoo spell works WONDERS keeping those stupid bakery displays clean and doing it fast enough that I don't miss out on customers.
    -Aliens are the coolest they've ever been in this series...except for the face-warping bug. When one ages up, their face warps to the extreme. Anyone can replicate this bug in CAS if they don't believe me -- create an alien, then switch back and forth between young adult and adult. They get a whole new face. It is a known bug and has been for years. EA ignores it. This means that I can't have aliens marry into my families because they and their offspring will suffer from shrink/warp-face when they age, and breeding/editing out the ugly takes forever. It is an OBVIOUS bug, just like the issue with male faces that was present near launch. They fixed that because it was a game-breaker. This is a game-breaker for those of us who love aliens, but EA can just ignore it and pretend it's a feature of their ~~alien genetics~~ or whatever, because suddenly growing a huge nose and a tiny chin on your 18th birthday is totally an alien thing. /s
    -The worlds are all stunning. But again, the lack of an open world like TS3 and the constant. flipping. loadscreens. Good LORD, there's so much I've never explored because exploration is such an unintuitive pain in the rear in this game. You're at a venue, see a bar across the street and...oh, that's not a lot, it's a fake building. Okay. Oh, look, an actual bar, right next door to the lot I'm currently on! I'll just walk on over and--loadscreen. Oh. Okay.

I know, I know -- "There's a mod for that!" There is not, however, a generous benefactor waiting in the wings to hand me $1500 for a gaming PC + $500 more to re-buy all the packs for PC. And you shouldn't NEED mods to enjoy a game this expensive, made by such a big company. If you do need mods to enjoy this game (and frankly, IMO, you do) then maybe they shouldn't publish it on console??? No way that achieves anything but more angry fans wondering why everything is so broken.

Before I bought TS4, I watched a bit of gameplay on youtube and had no IDEA how much of what I was seeing was the result of a mod. Then I open the game myself and it's like...🐸🐸🐸🐸 is this? And that's probaby my fault for not researching enough but man, I used some CC in the previous Sims titles, but didn't really use mods frequently, as I rarely encountered bugs or situations that required them for my gameplay to be enjoyable. Now EA is just publishing half-baked packs, looking at the endless bug reports and shrugging "Eh, the modders will fix it." And they have. They've made functional bunk-beds while EA claims they're impossible, they've made stuff like MCCC to essentially pick up the massive amount of slack EA left on the floor when they published this disaster, they've made mods that give sims actual personalities and memories, mods that make trying for a baby/pregnancy more realistic, they've fixed CAS in lots of ways, and essentially they've made TS4 what it is today.

It just sucks that those of us on console will never get to be a part of that.

So nice to meet you, fellow simmers. I'm Mrs. Crumplebottom, here to beat EA with my purse and complain about these new personality-lacking "multitasking" sims while preaching about how back in MY day they had the decency to sell you all the stuff you needed for an expansion in that pack, instead of dangling gameplay mechanics in front of your nose only to say "Nope! Sorry, gotta buy this Stuff Pack you don't want except for the one item/career/feature it happens to include!" Hahahaha remember that time they gave us vampires, witches, werewolves, zombies, and FAIRIES all in one TS3 EP? Ah, the good old days...

The Sims Team, 2000: Creative, Ambitious, Perfectionist; Aspiration: Friend of the World
    The Sims Team, 2020: Materialistic, Lazy, Self-Assured; Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy

Anyway my new mission in life is to make my poor, CC-less sims and lots as pretty as possible. Results so far have been...mixed.
  • MissClairelyMissClairely Posts: 15 Member
    Wow, sorry, still getting used to the word filter...none of the words I used were curses, my bad.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top