Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

191011121315...Next

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I get they have rights to Disney and Star Wars but we asked for cars we asked for more activities for kids and teens not freaking knitting and Star Wars
    I asked for something new, never been done in sims. :)

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well, at least i save money. I was holding out for the latest Game Pack to be able to order a Bundle, but since Star Wars is a "I rather eat my foot than buy" option and Knitting was literally a "Just there to fill up a bundle" for me I did only buy Eco living, thereby saving 30 euros.

Oh and I did install Sims 3. Turns out I had all but the last four packs, so I'll get the three I am interested in soon (University, Seasons, the Tropical one. Into the Future has never interested me in the slightest).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Well, at least i save money. I was holding out for the latest Game Pack to be able to order a Bundle, but since Star Wars is a "I rather eat my foot than buy" option and Knitting was literally a "Just there to fill up a bundle" for me I did only buy Eco living, thereby saving 30 euros.

Oh and I did install Sims 3. Turns out I had all but the last four packs, so I'll get the three I am interested in soon (University, Seasons, the Tropical one. Into the Future has never interested me in the slightest).

@Beardedgeek always a good thing to save money!

And we have an awesome Sims 3 forum. I'm sure they'll be very welcoming. 😊
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Same here and am on The Sims 3 too. Enjoy it! Those three are all solid packs.
  • LadyAmberlyLadyAmberly Posts: 7 New Member
    Well, heck, I might end up returning to 3 as well. I was surprised... actually shocked when news of a SW pack was coming to Sims... but willing to give it a chance. Then I saw the trailer... downer but still willing to give it a chance. Now that I've seen the game play and items offered... I am stunned. I have been buying the sims since the first one came out. I haven't missed a single pack. Some were iffy but at least the "stuff" was usable. This is the first one I'm not at all interested in. Nothing... nadda... :::sigh:::
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    edited September 2020
    Well here is a shocking surprise, EA's development team have lied once again, i.e. they clearly stated that all the star wars cas stuff would stay on the star wars world, what a load of bs :# , to start with my sim return home to her none star wars home lot and she was wearing here star wars outfit, then I go in to the neighbourhood manager section and what do I find 21 star wars sims, in my none star wars neighbourhood so much for them not turning up a EA?

I had some Star Wars aliens move into my neighborhoods after I'd been to Batuu in one game, so I just deleted them from the game. I'm pretty sure the culprit is all of my mods.

I suspect there's some setting in MCCC or some other mod that's overriding the setting in the game options to not fill empty houses. And I've got a mod that restricts walkby sims to people from the neighborhood, but it can't lock down many of the venues. Between that and some other mods I've got to either change Batuu gameplay (like allowing occult powers) or do other stuff, I suspect I've broken the game in such a way that it'll occasionally add a Batuu character to the tray and draw from them when it decides to fill a house.

I can't really get upset with the Sims team for not writing their code to take all of the tons of mods I've got, some of which only came out in response to JTB, into account.
  • nicoiseastnicoiseast Posts: 3 New Member
    I made my sim a twi'lek and she has the pink lekku but when i took her to Batuu and into plan outfit there isnt any lekku in the batuu cas. is that just me orrrrr????
  • BabyKaratBabyKarat Posts: 1 New Member
    Well...where do I even start. I understand that it takes time to come up with these packs and to put them out but...I just keep getting disappointed each time. For this pack I thought we would get a new occult sim (jedi/sith) but hey...it is what it is 🤷🏾‍♀️.
  • pigletpooh1pigletpooh1 Posts: 231 Member
    Not a big Star Wars fan but the world look beautiful, and I'm interested to check out the game play.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    nicoiseast wrote: »
    I made my sim a twi'lek and she has the pink lekku but when i took her to Batuu and into plan outfit there isnt any lekku in the batuu cas. is that just me orrrrr????

Since the gameplay assumes a Human Sim to allow one to join any faction (First Order is opposed to non-humans and will not accept them as members), Batuu outfits restrict the alien masks available otherwise as hats. Remember, your Sim is a visitor to the GFFA, not an actual native - though with the costume pieces, you can play as a Twi'lek at home. Odd limitation, but there it is.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I figured out how to bulldoze the 3 Batuu lots & make them a full camping ground. Also, Sims can romance the Sims in the Resistance, Scoundrel & First Order. As for the leaders, it's possible to change them or add them to family household.
  • BreeishBreeish Posts: 1 New Member
    I bought the pack because I am a completionist. The outfits were neat, the droids are alright, sucks you can't do much with them outside the world. It was not worth what I spent, and not anything I wanted. Give me some animated farm animals I can be a homesteader with. :wink: Thanks.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I would have been more enthusiastic about buying it if it didn’t have rabbit holes for changing and sleeping, and had a lot, or two where we could customize our own hotel or rental.. also, what a perfect place to sent up camp, but don’t get to keep our inventory there. And, how about my artist and photographer? They should be able to take their easel and camera.
  • NormalKatNormalKat Posts: 12 New Member
    Seriously sims team? I don't hate The Sims OR Star wars... but why did you have to make this pack? And even the pack itself has missing star wars features. For example there is no way for your sims to learn the force, and all the aliens are really just clothing accessories. You could have gave us something different, but instead you decided that working with disney would get you a good amount of money. You would've gotten more money if you decided to bring something back from the Sims 3. I am so frustrated that you had to waste our time with this.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. Thanks EA

(I Don't hate the Sims or star wars, I am just REALLY UNHAPPY right now with EA)
  • NormalKatNormalKat Posts: 12 New Member
    > @PinkGasMonkey said:
    > This sucks, EA sucks, Star Wars Suck, I'm sad, The End ...

This is what most of the community thinks in a nutshell
  • LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    I wonder if my boyfriend would like this pack! He is a HUGE Star Wars fan! Now, I don't know if he plays the Sims, but I'm sure that if he sees or hears about this pack, he will be totally enamored!
  • ibstinkypoohibstinkypooh Posts: 85 Member
    Now that the pack is on sale, I find myself debating on whether to purchase it.
  • GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    Now that the pack is on sale, I find myself debating on whether to purchase it.

They could reduce the price to $0,05 and i still wouldn't buy it.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2020
    In other Batuu related news, apparently people trying to buy other packs are getting a nice little pop up from Origin saying "To access all of the content you have to have Journey to Batuu"

Either there's a glitch in the matrix or this pack is doing so bad that they have to trick people into thinking they need it XD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX1VPgCAG0g
  • DevastormDevastorm Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Aquarius94 said:
    > In other Batuu related news, apparently people trying to buy other packs are getting a nice little pop up from Origin saying "To access all of the content you have to have Journey to Batuu"
    >
    > Either there's a glitch in the matrix or this pack is doing so bad that they have to trick people into thinking they need it XD
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX1VPgCAG0g

Yes. It's true. I went to buy the vampires pack and had that pop up. Thing is, it's cleverly worded enough to make people think they would need that particular pack in order to play the game. I was so disturbed and angry about that, so I backed out of my purchase. I will not buy anything from a franchise or a company that uses such disreputable tactics, on purpose or on 'accident', to make sales. Especially not at a time when many many people are struggling to to have enough to live on, much less extra to splash on another game pack. One they may not want.

I am putting my foot down on this, EA, and Sims people. No more sales from me or mine until you clean up your sales practices. Remember, you are not an essential commodity. Meanwhile, on Steam, a different game has been released and they offer a discount for that game if you bought that company's other game. This is a GOOD business practice.

If you want to make sales of a product no one really wanted, you will have to find a different way to do it. You have angered me to the point I wonder if Sims is worth it at all anymore. I don't like being angry at you people, so clean it up, yeah?