Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited September 2020
    I found the old message, I had to literally type in each page number till I found it.Anyone else having issues with that?
    I got into the game....

This desktop is doing the samething...What is the odds of getting 3 bad desktops in a row?!!!
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    Page 4007

@bekkasan It's probably a good idea that Victor and Gardenia wait a few days. Let the guys have some time with their wives that way.
    Happy birthday to Josef and Jillian! They both turned out great.
    Ow, that probably hurt any teeth he has, lol
    Alice and Jennifer are going to want to tell their husbands everything now. I don't think Adam and Marshall will be mad though.
    I guess that's one thing werewolf noses are good for. Only issue is, they probably smell garbage or skunks (for examples) more strongly too.
    Glad to see the couples reunited and the kids seem very happy too.
    Great updates!

@GraceyManor They are really messing around with you, aren't they? It sounds like your Rent-A-Center is worse than the one I've went to here, I never usually have any issue. I hope they figure something beneficial to you out, otherwise you may not want to go through them anymore.
    I saw about the graphics card and thermal paste. Sounds like they did a bad job on that as you don't have to use too much of it. I watched a video on how they use it and they only use a little bit.
    Well that stinks. You are just not having any luck, I'm hoping things turn around for you.

@MoonandStars83 Thank you!
    Great Tanner pic!

@Nikkei_Simmer I take it you missed that, lol. Yeah, she was a Simbot for a while, although I left River alone. I knew you'd never forgive me if I hurt River. :wink:

@Lucy_Henley That's definitely true, there are a lot of story options available.

Page 4008

@bekkasan Thanks, it'll keep them busy, that's for sure.
    What's funny is I don't remember them even meeting, although that could be because Brittany met half the town in the first week.
    I thought so too. That was shortly before her stomach expanded in less than 12 hours.
    Yep, I made sure he did when he was a kid. Luckily it stayed during his age ups.
    It does and I'm not sure if he'll make it real far. He was a writer as an elder in the earlier attempt after he retired from the police department. This time, he'll have longer than he did that attempt at least.
    That'd be nice to have. Good thing is, Brittany has three weeks left and only three promotions left so she should be okay. Only thing would be if I decided to cut the weeks short once she gets to the top of each job. Still not quite sure on that yet but I'll figure it out.
    Yep, finally. Christopher seemed to take it well, I'm glad he's not like Thornton Wolff.
    Thanks for the comments!

@emorrill It warmed up here Sunday night and looks to continue until Friday and Saturday. Hard to believe fall starts next Tuesday.
    I like using the wiki when I don't know, or here on the forums. I've learned more about the Sims in the past few years than I've ever knew about it since the first one came out, lol.
    You're welcome.
    Wasn't too sure on how long it takes, lol.
    Good question, can't wait to find out!
    I bet it was worse being in 10th grade. I didn't even know of the Twin Towers or the Pentagon in 5th grade or understand what was going on. It's very understandable that people worried the end was near. Of course, we don't actually know the day the end happens but I feel like it's getting closer.
    Yeah, probably better not to. I have my thoughts on why we are so divided too, although I could be wrong. And your welcome, for some reason I just needed to get that off my chest. I didn't mention it in my post but someone on Facebook shared a video with phone calls from the plane. Just hearing this one man tell his wife he loved her brought tears to my eyes and I had to shut it off.
    More of a 'I forgot' moment than a typo. Funny thing is, his father was either VJ or Miraj Alvi but he got the Langerak last name.
    Thanks! Posting a Langerak update after finishing feedback.

@Karritz You're welcome. It's fun for me to watch regardless of the audio. To be honest, it doesn't bother me any but it's nice you got better equipment.

@Evalen Congrats on the level 10 logic!

@king_of_simcity7 It'd be cool if you did a story. I like your gameplay posts too though, so it's up to you.

@Nikkei_Simmer It's nice to see some things are growing back.
    Sounds like Kimber's a bit jealous.
    Uh oh, sounds like somebody better learn about medicine.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor Not sure on that, hopefully someone who does know pops up soon.

@MoonandStars83 Thanks for the tip, hadn't even thought about that.
    Happy birthday to Abigail!

@BlackSand Great story teaser!

***Langerak update coming up next.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @BlackSand like the sim with they blond hair and glasses, Is that your sim.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Is anyone good at getting graphics card recognized? I always have to have someone tell me how to edit the graphics rules, as I don't understand it.

or match("${cardName}", "*NVS 30?*") in this area, if I have the 1650 gtx super what would I put?

@Karritz
    Yes I do. 1650 gtx is a nvidia card.Doesn't matter,
    tech forum people decided for me its best to get the card recognized.But they aren't around right now.
    I refuse to use the geforce experience, I hate it.I use Nvidia Profile inspector to cap my frame rate.But that doesn't improve graphic quality, the game looks cheap without my card being recognized.

I have a message from puzzleaddict, where they helped me before, but right now I can't view older messages.

I know a lot of people dislike GeForce Experience. But I think it is what I used. It's been a few years since I last had to do it. I'm glad you got some help from puzzleadict as I'm sure they are more current with what's happening. Previously I always followed the advice that it was necessary to get the card recognised but have been told otherwise several times by others who are more current with the way the new cards work so I no longer try to explain how to do it in great depth and detail. I've done is numerous times in the past and it takes a seriously long time to do. That's the main reason I do tutorial videos for Sims 3 now - I can just tell someone to watch a video rather than type out all the exact same information endlessly because it gets buried in old posts very quickly.
    Tutorial videos are good but if the person doesn’t have the same card it doesn’t work.Anyways got it recognized but unfortunately this computer has artifacting as well starting to think it’s the game
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    @BlackSand like the sim with they blond hair and glasses, Is that your sim.

@Evalen ... That's Alexander Dixson in my game.
    I am pretty sure that is a Sim I picked up somewhere along the way, and then modified for my game.
    I know he didn't start off as an adult, and I tweaked the sliders, changed skins, and completely changed the wardrobe.
    I probably changed the traits and everything as well.

I have had him for a while and I think it is one of Justine's ... Peeta Mellark
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9137729

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    Langerak Family Update (Days 122-123)

4yK9yGO.jpg
    As soon as the three graduates returned home, I had Cori send in her resume to the science facility. She will start at level 4 in the science career, and I also saved her to the bin because she may get her own save in the near future. Afterwards, I used Edit Town to put her in with Abigail Langerak and her husband Andrea. Soon after, MC placed her in a home she couldn't normally afford, which is what I wanted to happen anyway.

DmZys5Z.jpg
    Once that was taken care of, Ariana and Quinton both sent in their resume as well. Ariana will start at level 4 in the political career while Quinton starts at level 4 in the music career (rockstar branch).

84Q9GrS.jpg
    With that settled, I decided to send the family to the Bistro for supper. They didn't have anything left in the refrigerator and since they were getting hungry, I thought why not.

lOKyiV7.jpg
    Instead of hiring a babysitter, L4U-RN took care of baby Michael. He was actually born a few hours prior Sim time but I sent the trio to university directly after so it seems he's been around awhile.

wz2jzAk.jpg
    Afterwards, L4U-RN went outside to plant the Forbidden Fruit. I'm having her quit taking care of the garden so that Ariana can get another skill.

Yn61xVF.jpg
    Not much else happened on Tuesday but on Wednesday, the family somewhat had breakfast together. It seems like Melanie and Quinton are having a nice chat about music.

zAVAmkz.jpg
    Being a police officer keeps Dwight busy. He also had an opportunity so I had him workout before his shift.

ItRN0B9.jpg
    Ariana had her first day of work but Quinton won't work for a few days. Being at level 4 means he has certain days off, which happened to fall right when he started work. I just had him play guitar so he will be ready.

LIkx0Mx.jpg
    Before work, Ariana worked in the garden for a bit. She didn't get completely finished so L4U-RN was allowed to finish the last few plants.

SXHgWYY.jpg
    Melanie became friends with her son while taking care of him. He only has one more day until he ages up as I have my settings changed slightly, although they still add up to 90 days. Once the baby was taken care of, I had her officially join the writer career. Up to this point, she was writing books but now that I have a working copy of Ambitions again, she could join the career.

Breaking this up into two parts. I try not to go too many over 10 to 15 pictures in a post and this update will be close to 20.
    Langerak Family Update, part two

SRwkpLP.jpg
    After graduation, Quinton now pops up wishes to paint. He also had gained the artistic trait so that is the main reason for the wish. I sent him to Dwight and Melanie's bedroom to paint on their easel that once belonged to the founder, Emily Jones.

mplSZif.jpg
    Melanie decided to work on her next book to hopefully complete her LTW. She only needs a few hundred simoleons to do so.

cVDCY6G.jpg
    About that time though, Michael needed fed and a diaper change. Dwight and Ariana were still at work and Quinton was painting so it was up to her to watch him today.

et3qKoD.jpg
    Quinton needed to cook some meals to put in the fridge as the family ran out shortly before University started. He decided on hamburgers and thought he could make more meals later.

GzkGUf9.jpg
    Things didn't time out right as Ariana and Dwight were late to supper. However, Melanie did get to know her soon to be son-in-law a bit better. The wedding is coming up, although it will be an update or two before I play that.

Kf4EG18.jpg
    Quinton had an opportunity to meet Andrea Langerak, husband of his future sister-in-law, Abigail Langerak. If you recall, Andrea took Abigail's last name when they got married. On the ground is their baby daughter, Sheena Langerak. She went and scratched chairs shortly after so I learned she is a werewolf.

9P2rP2b.jpg
    They talked for awhile but Quinton needed to get home and didn't become friends with him. I'll try to get that finished next time I play.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I have GeForce Experience, not noticed any problems with it. I use a gaming laptop, from a configure-it-yourself site, and my brother helped me order it. He's a lot more "techy" than me, so I trust he knows what he's doing (more than I'd trust my own judgement anyway). Then again this laptop is seven years old now, not had any major problems with it aside from a battery replacement. I'm not currently employed, but when I get a job I may well save up and get a desktop. My brother has one (desktop), he got a laptop from the same place as mine but he had a lot more problems with it. I also use NVIDIA Profile Inspector to limit the FPS usage, but I didn't until fairly recently. It runs Sims 3 fine, also runs Sims 4 pretty well but I have to use Laptop Mode. Even with Laptop Mode I'm able to have the graphics settings up pretty high, just not on Ultra level; I'm not bothered by not being able to use Ultra (there's very little difference between the settings I use and the Ultra settings). I guess everybody is different, and what works for one person may not work for another.
    I really miss playing!! 3 computers in 1 week is annoying.
    I always get a computer built for me using parts I specify and have never had a problem. So I can't be of much use when it comes to fixing problems caused by hardware.
    Karritz wrote: »
    I always get a computer built for me using parts I specify and have never had a problem. So I can't be of much use when it comes to fixing problems caused by hardware.

Well, unfortunately, I'm not financially well off as most people.I can barely afford basic necessities let alone a PC.But I have to have a computer, its the only thing that keeps me from stressing myself to death.
    Karritz wrote: »

Well, unfortunately, I'm not financially well off as most people.I can barely afford basic necessities let alone a PC.But I have to have a computer, its the only thing that keeps me from stressing myself to death.

I always have to go for the budget variety too, but I find it more cost effective to get something that will perform as I need it to. I hope you aren't feeling too stressed.
    The Isla Paradiso Bunch Episode 76 is now available on YouTube

https://youtu.be/3EXrpzkScCc

This episode is the beginning of winding up this series/playlist. It is the final episode in which we'll see any of the household other than Craig and Judy.

After wasting countless hours or days trying to get Craig to complete the final two tombs under the Nectary in France, I've finally decided to just move Craig and Judy into a fresh new save and let them have a go at it in the hope I'll finally get some video of them completing those two tombs. The problem I've consistently had is Craig gets the initial adventure that starts this adventure chain and completes the initial steps. Then he gets and adventure to catch 5 Cerambyx beetles in France and take them to Egypt where he needs to give them to a Sim who will assist in the next few steps of the adventure. Unfortunately when he arrives in Egypt the adventure is dropped. I tried adding it back using Master Controller but it is instantly dropped each and every time. I tried going back to much earlier saves and got the same result. The only thing I thought of that I didn't try was to get a different sim to try to do the adventures.

Since I really want to get all of the tomb objects from each of the tombs that has a tomb object I decided to just start a fresh save and then somehow combine the final two objects with the other 29 objects at the end. I have done those tombs with other sims and even got a bit of video of Gertie McFluff doing them with one of her household members. It is just the Isla Pardiso Bunch save that appears to be jinxed.

So this video ends a bit early. In the end we have a look around Isla Paradiso and see the two alien mothers of the alien children from the Isla Paradiso Bunch household. The mothers live in the house next door and having them in the main household resulted in the game totally refusing to run. This save has done well. I started it towards the end of 2016 and put my first video up on January 1st 2017. If only I could have coaxed it to get that final tomb done. As for the birthdays, I saved after each one if it didn't crash. We had a few crashes during the videoing of this episode. I hope you enjoy it. It runs for less than the 30 minutes I usually aim for.

Happy Simming

• rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited September 2020
    I decided to move the Queens family to Moonlight Falls so Lacey could be around other fairies. (I saved my lots I had built in Sunset Valley to use later on.)

I chose a nice 3 story manor with 4 bedrooms and several bathrooms. I converted one small bathroom into a laundry room. All 4 cribs are in the same room now, right next to Rosalie and Derek's room. Once Eduardo becomes a child I will switch up another room for a bedroom. Basically Rosalie and Derek's room plus the nursery is on the 2nd floor and Nikki's room plus an extra room is on the 3rd.

I like that there's a one-car garage with a long driveway and a already planted garden. I just have to remember to fence in the backyard before the next Full Moon or there won't be a garden left. :unamused: gotta love the zombies...

I'm also kind of hoping Nikki will find a vampire or werewolf to :love: but it's not a big deal. The family is already big enough. And I still need one more child from Rosalie and Derek to complete Rosalie's LTW later on.
    I'm gonna wait until Eduardo is Child and the twins are potty trained, taught to talk and walk before that happens. Fingers crossed it won't end up twins.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @ZeeGee Sent her,hope you luff her and she brings you joy <3 Her name is Kyra Chastain

@Karritz I haz your video on my to do watch list have such busy day today but gave you a likey.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Brandontaylor

Great updates,
    cognrats to the new baby.

@Karritz

* waves*
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Good Day everyone, great stories and pictures, amazing what can be done in the Sims 3. keep up the good work, Love all the creativity in photos and story telling . Have fun with your Sims
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    I haven't really been playing recently as my laptop updated again, as well as feeling tired.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Daryl seems to have taken a liking to Becki

zrIK8Gv.jpg

What is there not to like about her?

hQbXxUO.jpg

Daryl tells her about how his last girlfriend ripped his heart apart and threw it on the ground and stomped all over it!

That is his words anyway...

ga9U6hP.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @MoonandStars83 Thanks for the comment :smile:

@Brandontaylor I will do both gameplay and story :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @CravenLestat Pictures coming as soon as I get a chance! Thank you so very much for my new beautiful sim. :heart:
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2020
    Double post
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Such a cute fairie
    wcZZlD.jpg
    wcZVSO.jpg
    wcZAfK.jpg

River no glasses but with makeup
    wcZMTI.jpg

I found Sid!
    wcZJ1S.jpg
    wcZy1U.jpg
    wcZspT.jpg

Sid's human appearance
    wceCjg.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top