Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #141 - A Fresh Start
    FORUM ID: Simming_Spoonie
    ORIGIN ID: Simming_Spoonie
    LEVEL: Expert (but happy to be moved, not won many CAS entries ;) )
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7FEF583AF04E11EA8F807A25313CB701
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/pRztOkk
    ENTRY DETAILS: Meet the Weirs, Lauren had fallen on hard times and found herself in Willow Creek with a minimum wage job and no place to stay. Luckily for her, she is part of the latest BuildnShare challenge BnS141. Lauren longs to find her soulmate, is creative, family-oriented and a bookworm. She is fairly proficient at cooking and baking, enjoy arranging flowers and keeping in fairly good shape. Francis dreams of becoming a vet, a whiz kid who is a dog lover. As an added surprise, they found Wilson waiting for them on move-in day. He is a natural hunter, loyal and friendly
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    TWITTER TAG: Simming_Spoonie
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: SimmingSpoonie
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Y5nf7K2.jpg

4RmgBJx.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #140 - A Fresh Start

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • LisaMarie3003LisaMarie3003 Posts: 6 New Member
    So sad, my build is not in the results :(
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    @LisaMarie3003 those are the results for the Established category. Your entry is in Starting Out which haven't been judged yet :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • LisaMarie3003LisaMarie3003 Posts: 6 New Member
    Oh thank you for that, I did not know that.
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    edited September 2020
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #141 - A Small Family In Need

FORUM ID: tatselk
    ORIGIN ID: tatselk
    LEVEL: First entry
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C016280AF4DA11EA8B9708F72EC21B78
    GALLERY COST: 12,808
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tatselk.tumblr.com/post/629064580276142080/bns-cosy-living-area

ENTRY DETAILS: As this room is supposed to be part of a house in a tiny house community in Willow Creek, I imagine that it would be in or near the starter home area of Foundry Cove. To ensure that it would blend well with the general architecture of the neighbourhood, I based the layout of this room on the front part of Crick Cabana in Foundry Cove.

To create a cosy atmosphere in the room, I decorated it in various shades of white, brown, beige and blue.

As I imagine that this is a refurbished version of an existing house, I chose a simple and traditional style for the “bones” of the room.

The furniture are generally mismatched to reflect how the tiny house community is just getting started. As the community organisers are probably on a tight budget, they may need to furnish the houses through yard sales, thrift stores, flea markets and/or donations.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    https://tatselk.tumblr.com
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    c7872409e360582823178197beae0d7066ced5d4.jpg
    02f390981cf26b9d45beba353aded2a43a5ed70b.jpg
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #141 - A small family in Need
    FORUM ID: becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    LEVEL: Established)
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby - Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: Family in Need BNS141
    LOT COST: $1,500
    GALLERY COST: $30,064
    TOTAL COST: $31,564
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I designed the tiny home to be similar to some of the larger ones that are moved by large truck and placed into tiny home communities - hence it is long and narrow.However as it is a larger tiny home, it is fixed in place and landscaped. I designed a second similar one on the next lot to give a sense of the tiny home community. The house takes up 83 squares. A ladder leads up to the child's room and there is a computer and study space for the child and the mother to complete homework and odd jobs etc. The colour scheme is in warm tones of purples, oranges and reds as the sim I designed is originally from Sulani and it reminds her of home. The exterior is a sunny yellow with white trim. I tried to use minimal packs - and mostly feature Tiny living.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Yes thank you
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    IZrT7Rkl.png
    8EObbICl.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    SIM Entry Form
    FORUM ID:Becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    LEVEL: first sim entry - in established build level
    HOUSEHOLD: Hinemoa
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow

ENTRY DETAILS: Ngaire ran away from home in Sulani to follow her boyfriend to San Myshuno. Unfortunately, when she became pregnant, he left and Ngaire has had to work hard to provide a life for herself and her son Rawiri. She dreams of making enough money to one day make it back to her beloved Sulani. For now she has accepted a home in a tiny home community and pays for board by doing odd jobs. Rawiri is cheerful and active and loves to help his mother. Ngaire has the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration and her traits are: Family oriented, ambitious and Child of the Islands. Rawiri has the Motor aspiration and is a goofball.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    4h70QFY.png?1
    HwxLACP.png?1
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    Build Entry
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmi1396
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D7CC0718F5C111EA8AA7EE457666E674?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=BSN141&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    GALLERY COST: 32,649
    TOTAL COST: 34,149
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/sk2BYPb
    ENTRY DETAILS: A new start in a new town for a mom and his son. At last, they can have their own home, where they can live peacefully and safely. The garden useable for resting and vegetable growing too. (I tried to write descriptions in my screenshots too, but my english is poor, sorry for it. 😊 )
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Jazmi1396 wrote: »
    Build Entry
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmi1396
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D7CC0718F5C111EA8AA7EE457666E674?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=BSN141&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 32,649
    TOTAL COST: 34,149
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/sk2BYPb
    ENTRY DETAILS: A new start in a new town for a mom and his son. At last, they can have their own home, where they can live peacefully and safely. The garden useable for resting and vegetable growing too. (I tried to write descriptions in my screenshots too, but my english is poor, sorry for it. 😊 )
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2020

CHALLENGE #141 - A small family in need

FORUM ID: Simrissie_Rykel
    ORIGIN ID: Simrissie
    HASHTAG: #Simrissie
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Newcrest 20x15
    LINK: Download it here
    GALLERY COST: $31,325
    TOTAL COST: $32,825
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: View photos and info here
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This tiny house (tier 2, 64 tiles) features two bedrooms (one bedroom for an adult and a boy's room with bunk beds), as well as a small lounge, small kitchen and bathroom with a shower. The bedrooms and living room open onto a small courtyard with a BBQ and outdoor seating area surrounded by pretty string lights. Things to do: TV and gaming console, bookcase for reading, BBQ, soccer ball. Notes: because this home is a model/show home made available to the mother and her son, the interior decor has a "staged" minimalist look instead of a "lived-in" look with a lot of personal clutter. The top bunk bed is decorative, not functional, but the bottom bunk bed is functional and has been play tested.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please - feedback/comments welcome
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: @Simrissie
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Simrissie Rykel
    INSTAGRAM: Simrissie Rykel

1.%2BExterior%2Ba.png

Post edited by Simrissie_Rykel on
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    I have a question -- If I wanted to do a front porch area with a flat ceiling above, do those ceiling tiles count into the 84 or not? (I don't have Tiny Living so I can't use the in-game counter for reference).
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @HEW310, if you enclose the flat roofing with a fence or a half wall so it reads like a room, it will be counted as a room and the game counts it as tiles for tiny living houses. You can still use the fences or half walls you enclose the roof, you just have to use the trick of partially drawing them in then using the sliders to pull them all the way across so it doesn't read as a room.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    Thanks so much @lsnishi ! :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member

FORUM ID: Nali272
    ORIGIN ID: Trinican
    LEVEL: 1st entry
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Streamlet Single, Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: BNS#141 - Mom & Son
    GALLERY COST: 29,400
    TOTAL COST: 31,877 (lot value - I hope that is right)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/dIs1tKl
    ENTRY DETAILS: This rendition of a quaint cottage tiny home, is big enough to accommodate this mother and child. But big enough to give them each their own space. This home has good schools, fast internet, and gives off peace & quite. The living room, dining room, and the kitchen is an open concept. There are 2 playground equipment for the child to play and a place for the mother to sit. The colors are meant to be calming and relaxing.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Trinican, Juwels64, FruitLoops40
    TWITTER TAG: No twitter account
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: opting out
    TUMBLR LINK: No tumbler account
    PICTURES:
    pQ6tfDH.jpg
    dIs1tKl.jpg"
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    edited September 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: Clousinators
    ORIGIN ID: Clousinators
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oak Alcove in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FF4B2528F70211EA8F13C2DBEBA66C98?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $1,200
    GALLERY COST: $32,684
    TOTAL COST: $33,884
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/NdR1RAa
    ENTRY DETAILS: Initially I had big plans for this house and quickly realized everything I originally wanted to use would be too expensive, so I had to cut back a little bit and didn't get as many decorations as I usually do, but I'm still happy with it. I thought of new tiny home and thought of fresh light colored wood and wanted to use it all over the house. Hope you enjoy!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    Instagram: Mere0509
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    moETQct.png
    274eph3.png
    Post edited by Clousinators on
  • RaynnRaynn Posts: 23 Member
    FORUM ID: Raynn
    ORIGIN ID: Raynn0124
    LEVEL: (Second entry, but haven't seen last month's results yet)
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Crick Cabana
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/19237E90F7B811EA8824EE457666E674
    GALLERY COST: 33,034
    TOTAL COST: 34,534
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/vJPU2SQ
    ENTRY DETAILS: The main floor is open-concept living, with a kitchen tucked in behind a small "hallway" that contains a ladder to the upper floor. Upstairs there are two bedrooms and a small, but functional, bathroom. The mother's room is furnished with a murphy bed, so she can have a quiet private space during the day too. The child's room is decorated with a "Bosley the Bot" theme, with plenty of toys, storage space, and a small desk for homework.
    Because of a mid-build change of plans, the game actually considers the house a 32-tile Micro home - it's actually 84 tiles. I had already started decorating the main floor when I changed directions, and enclosing it properly would have undone that work, so I left it.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OkQGFPz.png
    Ntd9RxE.png?1

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #140 - A Fresh Start

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL:Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: The Cozy Craftsman
    LOT COST: $1500.00
    GALLERY COST: $33,376.00
    TOTAL COST: $34,976.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: A Small Family in Need
    ENTRY DETAILS: This tiny craftsman style home was designed to give the family a comfortable cozy feel. It features many Eco friendly items, not only to help the neighborhood, but to bring down living expenses for the family as well (the first bill was $152.00 which was only $2.00 above property taxes). The house has many activities for both of the family members to enjoy. I have also added a camera so that Olivia can use it to pursue her passion for photography.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    7BdgtBn.png
    PT0d7Fx.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master (although I really don't feel like a master sim designer)
    HOUSEHOLD: The Green Family
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Green Family
    ENTRY DETAILS: Olivia's life goal is to be the best parent ever. She is family oriented, creative and loves art. She is currently working on developing her photography skill. She would love to take family pictures for others and hopes to become quite successful at it one day. Archer is an active boy. He loves to play soccer and has recently taking a liking to his new swing set. They are very excited to have a home of their very own.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    fIxCa7d.png
    NyryeqS.png
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID:KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID:KitelDesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oak Alcove
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B7A341E7FAE211EA81E0E4DB0EBF54CB?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Kiteldesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1500
    GALLERY COST: 33,388
    TOTAL COST:34888
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/fo2LOj3
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NO CC
    UwvzVzw.png
    RGISMf0.png
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sim Entry Form
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: KitelDesigns
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1F779767FAEC11EA8357E4DB0EBF54CB?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Kiteldesigns&max=50&maxis=true
    ENTRY DETAILS: "He's Gone, What are we going to do?" are the words that go through her head. However she makes sure her worry doesnt translate to her son, Greyson. Her Husband, Grey was apart of the K-9 unit in the army. A month ago they got the grim news that That Grey was lost during a mission. Now Joslyn will be responsible for both her son Greyson, and her husband's K-9 partner Peanut Butter, who was injured during the mission. Determined, she wants to make a better life for the three of them. She was elated to get the help from BNS 141's challenge.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used

fiW0cN4.png
    LH9H0Lt.png
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

Hi, I previously submitted a room entry for this challenge.

However, I wasn’t happy with my room entry and re-did it. Please ignore that room entry and judge the build entry below instead.

Thanks!

CHALLENGE #141 - A Small Family In Need
    FORUM ID:
    tatselk
    ORIGIN ID: tatselk
    LEVEL: First entry (and my first build ever in The Sims 4! :))
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Crick Cabana (Willow Creek)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/669C3E40FB1911EA8FCCE73BB73A251E
    LOT COST: §1,500
    GALLERY COST: §32,244
    TOTAL COST: §33,744
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tatselk.tumblr.com/post/629767139119742976/bns-crickway-cottage

ENTRY DETAILS:

This cosy starter home for a small family (a mother and a son) offers a combined living room/dining room/kitchen, a bathroom and 2 bedrooms. All at an affordable price of §32,244 (house only)/ §33,744 (total cost).

This house is supposed to be part of a tiny house community in Willow Creek. To simulate this environment, I built this house on the Crick Cabana lot in the starter home area of Foundry Cove in Willow Creek.

I used 80 tiles for this house (45 for the bathroom and 2 bedrooms; 35 for the combined living room/dining room/kitchen).

To create a cosy atmosphere in the house, I decorated it in various shades of white, brown, beige and blue.

The furniture are generally mismatched to reflect how the tiny house community is just getting started. As the community organisers are probably on a tight budget, they may need to furnish the houses through yard sales, thrift stores, flea markets and/or donations.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    https://tatselk.tumblr.com
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    e26b404ebca67084368eb26947dc2af1325a9d78.jpg

2f307cc2280e3f67f639b01176e7e42f295b71ac.jpg
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    A quick question before I submit my entry... Does tile that's outdoors and just on the ground count towards the 84 tiles?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    wendyology wrote: »
    A quick question before I submit my entry... Does tile that's outdoors and just on the ground count towards the 84 tiles?

No, only tiles that ar part of a room count, including decks.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top