Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Found a Church Mod that works

2...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @Scobre PimpMySims4 is working on a bigger mod with more religions. Check his/her patreon site there is a blog post
    Cool thank you for letting me know. I love the modding community.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @troshalom Can you post the link where you downloaded the mod from? The patreon page that I found says the mod is currently broken.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/29767614

@IceyJ this is where I downloaded it: https://patreon.com/posts/pimpmysims4-get-31987115

wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    And to those who hate religion don't use the mods and don't buy the pack when it comes out.
    Really wish the negative anti-religion folks wouldn't feel so compelled to comment in this post. If it is not for you move along.

Just tag me next time.
    I don't bite... well, not too hard.
    I know I appear as one of those anti folk, because, in general, I am.

But I could stand to have certain themes within my game.
    Just not the mainstream, cos I find it to be too creepy.

Personally, I'd really like a blood altar, and an ossuary in my game.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Is the church on the gallery?
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Cavapoo_King not sure if the one from the mod is, but the one I redesigned is. It is a park, make sure you check custom content
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    @Cavapoo_King not sure if the one from the mod is, but the one I redesigned is. It is a park, make sure you check custom content

👍
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    itolduso wrote: »
    If the mod covers all faith and not just the Christian one...then cool! But religion and faith are absent in the Sims 4 for a good reason! Religion and faith cause division and isolate and demonise certain groups of people.
    @troshalom, don't expect a religious pack this millennium or next

Politics does that too, but that was included in TS4.

Society requires structure and order. It requires a system to control, regulate, manage and unite people in a cohesive group where they will all work together. The political system is required for the society to exist. However, religion is a divisive tool to alienate people, force lifestyle patterns and choices on society, create fear if you don't follow those lifestyle choices and the resulting consequences! It restricts and forces people into a 'prison cell' of possibilities. It assumes to know the truth without investigation or debate. Politics is required for humanity to exist functionally, religion is a series of fairytales to keep humanity fighting one another and stop humanity uniting against the ruling class.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Thanks for the info on PimpMy Sim's cult mod, that will come in handy for my cult leader save.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm glad you were able to find this, OP! I know a lot of simmers like to add religion to the game. Personally I am against specific ones being added officially, despite being religious, because I don't want people to further stereotype something important to me more than they already do. I think it could potentially be okay if there was a really unique Sims religion that had no ties to real religions. Maybe.

ETA: friendly reminder for all of us to be friendly. Do not engage, I've seen similar threads go downhill quicker than prices on black friday. If something is against forum rules you can report it.
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    I used to be a Christian in the Church of the Nazarene. I went to B.I.N.C [British Isles Nazarene College] for a year and I learned how religion works.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    If the mod covers all faith and not just the Christian one...then cool! But religion and faith are absent in the Sims 4 for a good reason! Religion and faith cause division and isolate and demonise certain groups of people.

Society requires structure and order. It requires a system to control, regulate, manage and unite people in a cohesive group where they will all work together. The political system is required for the society to exist. However, religion is a divisive tool to alienate people, force lifestyle patterns and choices on society, create fear if you don't follow those lifestyle choices and the resulting consequences! It restricts and forces people into a 'prison cell' of possibilities. It assumes to know the truth without investigation or debate. Politics is required for humanity to exist functionally, religion is a series of fairytales to keep humanity fighting one another and stop humanity uniting against the ruling class.

You realise the definitions you provide can work both ways, right?

I can think of a couple of political systems that "alienate people, force lifestyle patterns and choices on society and create fear"...

I can also think of plenty of faiths that unite people.

Humans will fight, regardless. If there were no religions to fight about (as you assume that's all we do fight about) we'll just find something else to.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    And to those who hate religion don't use the mods and don't buy the pack when it comes out.
    Really wish the negative anti-religion folks wouldn't feel so compelled to comment in this post. If it is not for you move along.

Just tag me next time.

Check out Zero's mods
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think this is a cool idea be nice if they could perform Weddings, Funerals for loved ones. I have several churches in my game some I created and others I downloaded. I use them mostly for Weddings but there is no Minister etc. Would be nice.
    Alwe1507 wrote: »

You realise the definitions you provide can work both ways, right?

I can think of a couple of political systems that "alienate people, force lifestyle patterns and choices on society and create fear"...

Humans will fight, regardless. If there were no religions to fight about (as you assume that's all we do fight about) we'll just find something else to.
    True. Sims forums are full of people trying to force their politics upon others. Patch and pack releases alone divide the community. I don't know of any iteration that has divided people more than the Sims 4 has.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Usually against people like me.

verlainem wrote: »

Just tag me next time.

Check out Zero's mods

Oooh?
    Might have to cram a few more mods into my game
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Usually against people like me.

verlainem wrote: »

Just tag me next time.

Check out Zero's mods

Oooh?
    Might have to cram a few more mods into my game
    Why I hope that if it does come into the game, it is more open ended. I shared the club idea that was shared in forums with some of the Gurus and they loved it. I know a lot of the feedback even with Star Wars was bad because of how play only certain paths for the story mode. I wouldn't want that for religions only two ways to show faith like the Sims Medieval did even. I had to look up what ossuary was I admit. I remember learning about the Mayans and their blood altars in school which was interesting. I really do hope Gurus do an ideas for religions thread when it does come close to developing it and I hope that you get to share some of your ideas too. It is nice to get feedback from multiple people about it. I think no matter what we request, talking about how to make it inclusive to multiple Simmers is important with the official packs and patches. Sandbox style would be a good way to go. I have had family from multiple faiths and family that weren't religious too and worshipped surfing. The ossuary sounds interesting. My grandmother taught about Roman and Egyptian history and so I learned a lot about how people were buried while growing up with her. She passed from ALS, but she loved visiting the tombs in Egypt. She was quite the world traveler.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I have a church (technically a museum) in my game. Love it. All my sims no matter their sim or occult type goes from time to time. Nice bringing club gatherings there as well. <3

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top