Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batuu Mission Help Thread

JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
Since almost every positive or even neutral JtB thread has people like me going off topic asking for tips I thought why not make a thread where help IS the topic. I am currently stuck on the Scoundrel mission Good Opportunity. I have the passcode but cannot find what to do with it. Help please.
Post edited by JACKIEJOY on

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Read your mission text carefully. It will specify which data terminal you need to use that pass code on. Missions that can be repeated can have randomized target areas, so I can't say "go to X spot". Worse come to worst, abandon the mission and restart it, and pay close attention at each stage to what you are asked to do, and where.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    It would be nice if we could get this thread stickied for a bit. To keep the mission questions in one place.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    @Sindocat I figured it out. The hint comes up early as a notification instead of a mission tip. So I was deleting the answer everytime and causing my own frustration. If anybody wants the solution I can post it but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
    @Simgirl1010 that is what I am hoping for. Centralized help to keep other threads from getting cluttered up with quest questions.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    @Sindocat I figured it out. The hint comes up early as a notification instead of a mission tip. So I was deleting the answer everytime and causing my own frustration. If anybody wants the solution I can post it but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
    @Simgirl1010 that is what I am hoping for. Centralized help to keep other threads from getting cluttered up with quest questions.

@JACKIEJOY If you open the mission panel and hover your mouse over the task, you'll get a tool tip popup that tells you what to do. :)

I got lost in a mission and forgot what I was supposed to be looking for, had no idea what to do next, and then I discovered the tips.
    #Team Occult
    The tip I needed was actually up in the notification box. You get it after you slice the holotable thing. It never shows up in the mission tips. That's why I kept missing it. I have 3 siblings doing everything and my notification box fills up quick if I don't keep deleting it.
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    The tip I needed was actually up in the notification box. You get it after you slice the holotable thing. It never shows up in the mission tips. That's why I kept missing it. I have 3 siblings doing everything and my notification box fills up quick if I don't keep deleting it.

Yeah, I really wish the notifications didn't cap out so quickly. I think they should extend them or have an auto delete for the oldest to make room for the newest.
    #Team Occult
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I'm trying to 'raise morale' for one of the Resistance missions but I'm not getting this interaction at all, not even when my Sim is friends with the Resistance member. Any ideas why not? Maybe it has to do with Charisma level...? My Sim is only level 3 in Charisma so I guess it might be that?
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    I cant find who to get the passcode from? I've been buying the drink it says to get and talking to everyone....
    awlchick wrote: »
    I cant find who to get the passcode from? I've been buying the drink it says to get and talking to everyone....

When I had that mission, I noticed a new person come into the cantina. When I clicked on her, there was the option to buy her a drink and to ask about the passcode. She wouldn't give me the passcode right away so I bought her a few drinks and tried again and it worked.
    #Team Occult
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    awlchick wrote: »

When I had that mission, I noticed a new person come into the cantina. When I clicked on her, there was the option to buy her a drink and to ask about the passcode. She wouldn't give me the passcode right away so I bought her a few drinks and tried again and it worked.

THANK YOU
    I'll not waste all my money buying random drinks now. lol
    @loubyloulou I don't think I've dine that one. 😞 Hopefully someone will come here to help you out. But if not I will give it a go after work tomorrow.
    @awlchick the person you are looking for has a specific option to give the drink. Just keep clicking until you find them.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I'm trying to 'raise morale' for one of the Resistance missions but I'm not getting this interaction at all, not even when my Sim is friends with the Resistance member. Any ideas why not? Maybe it has to do with Charisma level...? My Sim is only level 3 in Charisma so I guess it might be that?
    In the resistance camp you will see some members wandering round with their heads down (sad). If you click on them they have the option raise morale or something like that.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    In the resistance camp you will see some members wandering round with their heads down (sad). If you click on them they have the option raise morale or something like that.

Ah, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the glum ones. I didn't see any when I first accepted the mission, but maybe I need to leave the encampment and load back into it.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

Perhaps change the title to “Batuu: Mission Help Thread”? Just in order to be really clear.

There are now several different threads asking for help with missions so gathering them here could be useful.
    @SilentKitty that is the idea but it doesn't seem to be working. Oh well I tried.
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    I am stuck on the resistance mission that involves repairing the X-Wing. I got all five parts and that was checked on my panel but there seems no place to put them on the x-wing. I scanned it which was the only option available to me and got specs but nothing else. The "fly mission" is grayed out so I can't click it. So how do you fix the X-wing?
  • bekibeki Posts: 30 Member
    I'm on the Mission: Leap of Faith and I can't figure out how to analyze the TIE echelon.
    edited September 2020
    Re: X-Wing - how high is your Sim's Handiness skill? There may be a minimum.

Analyzing the TIE Eschelon is just like scanning anything else. Make sure you have fulfilled prior steps, or the interaction won't be there when you click on it with your active Sim.

OR in both these cases, some missions seem to get glitchy and not advance. Worst case, abandon the mission and re-start it. I had to do that in order to be able to recruit a crew for the heist on Canto Bight.
    I've noticed that these missions do have hidden qualifications so if you send an unskilled, brand new Sim to Batuu, you'll have a more challenging time getting your skills up to complete them. But I believe most things you need to raise those skills is there somewhere. It helps to do some of the lesser, repeatable Scoundrel missions and break into crates, analyze panels. Talking to citizens can raise Charisma where needed.

But you can always return home to skill up and then go back later.

As far as I can tell, these skills are needed for various Missions:

Programming
    Charisma
    Fitness
    Handiness
    Rocket Science

Hope this helps!
    #Team Occult
    I have reached the same conclusion, having played with both a seasoned Sim (skill 10 in most of those, save Rocket Science and Programming) and a brand new Sim starting from scratch. I tailored at-home play to promoting the needed Skills (I keep forgetting about Rocket Science) and my newbie Sim has made good progress, in fact just completed the Scoundrel aspiration - if not yet finished with the Scoundrel story-line).

Hopefully, October's patch should eliminate the worst glitches. Abandoning and re-taking a Mission is not ideal as a workaround.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I sent an all skills sim in and it’s STILL very hard to complete. In fact, one mission didn’t allow my first order sim finish her arrest.

So many bugs!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I am stuck on the resistance mission that involves repairing the X-Wing. I got all five parts and that was checked on my panel but there seems no place to put them on the x-wing. I scanned it which was the only option available to me and got specs but nothing else. The "fly mission" is grayed out so I can't click it. So how do you fix the X-wing?

Not entirely sure if I remember this mission right, but you might have to talk to the blueish haired woman with the red jacket before you can repair it (or she will repair it?)....sorry her name has escaped me rn...Vi?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Tclark81Tclark81 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having trouble accessing the Resistance bunker, how do i do that? It says to splice but is grayed out and won't let me?
    edited October 2020
    Tclark81 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble accessing the Resistance bunker, how do i do that? It says to splice but is grayed out and won't let me?

@Tclark81 You might have to level up your programming skill to break into it. I wasn't able to break in and I had a fairly high level so I think it's supposed to be difficult. When I reached a certain rank with the Resistance (two or three, can't remember which) I was able to just go in.

Or, you can use a droid's help if you have one.
    #Team Occult
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm also doing the Resistance as well. You can not splice into the Resistance bunker if you are part of the Resistance. When you get a high enough ranking (which I can not remember what ranking), you can just press the down arrow, click on the room floor and your Sim will walk in.

This is definitely meant to be a challenge and it is not easy. I've been playing as a single Sim with no skills. I ended up going home and building my handiness up to level 3 and programming up to level 2 before going back. It took me a while to get my BB-8 which helps.

I've learned that you really have to read and hoover over things and make sure you have the right objects in your inventory. So much can go wrong with a Mission which has nothing to do with bugs (in my experience), but with how they set-up the gameplay. Yet, because this is so challenging, this has been such a fun experience.

I just set the alarm off, so I ran away because now I'm under watch so I will have to come back. I'm slowing making my way through.
    Set-the-alarm.jpg

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue