Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't you find the introduction thing to be annoying at times?

What I mean is that before you can say anything to another Sim, you have to do an introduction first--oftentimes, it wastes too much time.

Example; I'm running a club, and sometimes I'll have as many as 10 people lurking in the club after it closes--I want to send them home, but my Sim doesn't have hours to spend introducing himself to every Sim just to get them to leave.

I think some basic commands should be available without an introduction, wouldn't you agree?

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Totally agree. 😑
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I agree.

What annoys me more is when you establish a relationship with a sim every time you go to talk to that sim they hug or kiss before they do the social interaction you asked them to do.

This wouldn’t be a problem if it wasn’t for the fact that if you have a sim sitting down and eating, they will literally stand up, walk to the middle of the kitchen or living room, hug or kiss, and go back to the table.

It’s really stupid and they need to do something about it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I can see the why it would be annoying. I agree there has to be an option just to speak and then maybe introduce oneself.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You don’t have to introduce yourself to someone to get them to leave. All you have to do is use the new “Send Home” interaction.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    You don’t have to introduce yourself to someone to get them to leave. All you have to do is use the new “Send Home” interaction.

Tried that, that option is not available in dialogue without introduction. Maybe you have mods installed?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Tried that, that option is not available in dialogue without introduction. Maybe you have mods installed?

Of course I have mods, lol. But it’s supposed to work like this for everyone.

Randoms come to my Sim’s house and I can click to select an introduction or I can just send them home without even walking to the door. They just leave.

One thing I have noticed is if you are talking to someone and you’re both outside, the Send Home button is not available. It seems like you can only use it when they’re inside your lot.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Oh, sure. Especially with Santa Claus!
    edited September 2020

Of course I have mods, lol. But it’s supposed to work like this for everyone.

Randoms come to my Sim’s house and I can click to select an introduction or I can just send them home without even walking to the door. They just leave.

One thing I have noticed is if you are talking to someone and you’re both outside, the Send Home button is not available. It seems like you can only use it when they’re inside your lot.

Yes, it usually works inside my Sim's home lot, but not in public. In the case I posted above with the club, Sims don't recognize it as my Sim's lot, so I don't get that option. I feel like it should be available
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's a little annoying. The thing I really don't understand is why my sims always have to introduce themselves to father winter. Like shouldn't he already know who they are? :D
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This is something that i don't like at all. There's a mod for this out there. I was just playing and thinking how i need this mod...
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    It’s annoying how a group of strangers can talk for hours autonomously at a bar but then your Sim needs to “introduce” themselves to one of the participants in order to have a side convo 🙄

like, you were just talking for two hours.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It’s annoying how a group of strangers can talk for hours autonomously at a bar but then your Sim needs to “introduce” themselves to one of the participants in order to have a side convo 🙄

like, you were just talking for two hours.

Two hours is nothing. My sim had to introduce herself to her older sister. Granted older sister was a young adult not living at home when she was born but she came over EVERY SINGLE DAY of little sisters life. SHe changed her diapers, cuddled her, fed her, came to her birthday parties, ate dinner with her every day but apparently all interactions were autonomous, I never actually had my little sister who was in the home I was controlling initiate the interaction. I had no idea until little sis wanted to play a prank on big sis for prank day and had to introduce herself... *facepalm*
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited September 2020
    i think sims shouldnt have to introduce themselves i like the idea of just walking up to someone and punching them for no apparent reason better

i mean its cool to have manners true true but my sims don't as they are very very evil beans so let them act like one
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i think sims shouldnt have to introduce themselves i like the idea of just walking up to someone and punching them for no apparent reason better

i mean its cool to have manners true true but my sims don't so let them be ridiculous like that

That would be fun!
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

i mean its cool to have manners true true but my sims don't as they are very very evil beans so let them act like one

LOL! 😂😂

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

And I'm certain I had a "send everyone home" interaction when there was more than one.

Also, sims can chat away for ages to other sims without introducing themselves. Why?
    calaprfy wrote: »

And I'm certain I had a "send everyone home" interaction when there was more than one.

Also, sims can chat away for ages to other sims without introducing themselves. Why?

When it's on a home lot, yes...but in an instance where a Sim owns a business, it doesn't work because it's not recognized as a home lot
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It only bugs me when they have to introduce themselves to their relatives again and again.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    What's with the "send home" interaction though? I can almost never find it and sometimes I have to introduce myself first.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Yes, I agree. Especially, when you "go to work" with your sims and a task requires they talk to others in a limited time as the timer winds down. But they have to introduce themselves before doing so! Also, sometimes you have to click a couple of times on the introduction option to do so. Ughh.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
    What's with the "send home" interaction though? I can almost never find it and sometimes I have to introduce myself first.

I find that it only works on the home lot. If your Sim owns a business, even though it's theirs, it's not recognized as a home lot
    Yes, I agree. Especially, when you "go to work" with your sims and a task requires they talk to others in a limited time as the timer winds down. But they have to introduce themselves before doing so! Also, sometimes you have to click a couple of times on the introduction option to do so. Ughh.

Yes, that happened all the time with my guy who is a cop
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Yes, I wish they could skip the introduction at times. If a sim joins my sims' conversation for 2 hrs, it feels weird needing to introduce you afterwards. If you don't do that, there will be no memory of even having met that sim...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    A perfect example just came up tonight. My guy owns a club, and Holly Alto works for him...she's a B-lister celebrity, and he can't even talk to her before he does something like "attempt introduction" or "ask for autograph". And she might even refuse...even though she's his employee...