Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    Rummour wrote: »
    Can somebody please explain this to me?
    [...]<sims.university.degree_tracker.DegreeTracker object at 0x00007FF4BAC5BD10>[...]
    From what I could check all my mods are up to date, or at least there haven't been any new releases recently.

This error is usually caused by using Uni cheats. There are workarounds for this issue, but they won't work in your case because as you said, your active sim is not enrolled and therefore you probably didn't use uni cheats on them. As far as I know, this looks like a game bug and there is no solution until EA fixes it.

Click on the following link to visit the AHQ thread and give your Me Too:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Last-Exception-for-degree-tracker/td-p/8515891/highlight/false
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • RummourRummour Posts: 28 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Rummour wrote: »
    Can somebody please explain this to me?
    [...]<sims.university.degree_tracker.DegreeTracker object at 0x00007FF4BAC5BD10>[...]
    From what I could check all my mods are up to date, or at least there haven't been any new releases recently.

This error is usually caused by using Uni cheats. There are workarounds for this issue, but they won't work in your case because as you said, your active sim is not enrolled and therefore you probably didn't use uni cheats on them. As far as I know, this looks like a game bug and there is no solution until EA fixes it.

Click on the following link to visit the AHQ thread and give your Me Too:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Last-Exception-for-degree-tracker/td-p/8515891/highlight/false

Yeah, I searched around for a bit, and it seems to be a problem with the game itself, not mods. Thankfully at least. I did manage to find a solution though from another post. I pretty much enrolled my sim, went to World Management, then got back into the house and made her drop out. That seems to have solved it as I am no longer getting the error.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi, I tried asking this over at Discord, but so far no takers. I have the very latest MCCC, as I run a 64-bit gaming rig, and my game is fully patched. I saw that it has a cheat for Uni degrees. I have yet to play with it, because I'm curious. Does this allow a Sim to have the degree of choice without attending Uni, or does the Sim(s) have to be at Uni for the cheat to work?

Please, and thank you, in advance.

ETA: Got a response over at the Discord. Bad idea to use the cheat, it apparently causes problems. :open_mouth: Oh, well, guess I take them all through it One. More. Time.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited September 2020
    Hi, I tried asking this over at Discord, but so far no takers. I have the very latest MCCC, as I run a 64-bit gaming rig, and my game is fully patched. I saw that it has a cheat for Uni degrees. I have yet to play with it, because I'm curious. Does this allow a Sim to have the degree of choice without attending Uni, or does the Sim(s) have to be at Uni for the cheat to work?

Please, and thank you, in advance.

ETA: Got a response over at the Discord. Bad idea to use the cheat, it apparently causes problems. :open_mouth: Oh, well, guess I take them all through it One. More. Time.

Yeah - "Degree Tracker" and "Organization Tracker" are pretty popular error messages right now on discord. Both seem to be caused by the use of uni cheats or mods with similar options. There is a patch written by one of the mccc discord admins for the "Organization Tracker" error, but the workarounds for the "Degree Tracker" error are a bit disturbing (killing and reviving the sim or as an alternative roll back of savegames).

Btw. found your posts in general_support and the respective answers. Nothing to add from my side.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    @Bonxie. Yeah, the workaround for the Degree Tracker I can surely live without. Given just how many times I've had to restart this family, I'm certain you understand. I'll just slog through, with the new twist that the triplets from the neighborhood will be on campus. That's something different. :) Thank you, for weighing in all the same.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited September 2020
    When I use MCCC to complete an Aspirational Goal it does not work AND I get a Last Exception

EDIT: Discord helped me thanks
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    @Amby316 I would be interested to know what they told you. I have the same problem
  • Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @Amby316 I would be interested to know what they told you. I have the same problem

i was told that it is a problem that will be fixed in the next release of MCCC
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    Thank's a lot!
  • MatildeHello97MatildeHello97 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question. I’m trying to make my sim pregnant without the woohoo but when I go to select the father it only allows me to have it with Mortimer Goth and then when I went to settings it only made me have kids with adults not young adults. Can somebody help me?
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Amby316 wrote: »
    Ziafar wrote: »

i was told that it is a problem that will be fixed in the next release of MCCC

I'm glad to hear the Aspiration problem will be fixed. I was having issues with it myself.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

I have a question. I’m trying to make my sim pregnant without the woohoo but when I go to select the father it only allows me to have it with Mortimer Goth and then when I went to settings it only made me have kids with adults not young adults. Can somebody help me?

Please come over to the MCCC discord server to discuss this issue. Use this link: https://discord.gg/mccc
    edited September 2020
    MCCC v7.4.0 for Sims 4 game version 1.66.139 is out now!

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-7-4-0-41986209 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

Find the complete change log here:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/private/627268302346076160/tumblr_aYveNII311BdaM4WU

An installation guide can be found here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/installation

If you're experiencing problems with the installation, look into the troubleshooting guide:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting

Find the FAQ and the answers to fix your MCCC related issues here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq

This release has been tested to be working with (but does not require) GTW, OR, Get Together, Dine Out, City Life, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventures, Seasons, Get Famous, Strangeville, Island Living, Realm of Magic, University Living, Eco Living and the patch released September 3, 2020 - PC: 1.66.139.1020 / Mac: 1.66.139.1220.

Versions before this most likely won't work, so don’t be surprised if that’s the case!

The mod folder will look more or less like this after MCCC 7.4.0 installation/update:
    y4mxKGhis5865bDvgRPCmzq1eyh6GHfcRbkehPScw8iJAVdmiHstgnjqfeer3WI88Droa1k_bUCVDV1ydkmKL9mTTwB-9Xn4CsZT55bjmIl-b8bcl3zvV1rxAvPYa3S8HZgsMC6wmgb0mbc035Lzn3EYThdoOrZ1I2xh4ZxsIHwS2KudP2CGP2CLI7XiTMT8V-LNTH74_-KNvvtFz6fkr7BgA?width=743&height=495&cropmode=none

Check the CC and Mods in your game and use current versions only. Be careful when using outdated or orphaned DLC. If you get an orange error message referring to a Last Exception, the most probably reason is broken 3rd party stuff.

As proof of installation the welcome screen of MCCC 7.4.0 looks like this:
    y4mm4z2m4Ilek25vLtoDNJP0CLkdtD5TSUfy041Ty3IrhTqSlCEysZNqmqjMzRVtb2TnluSJJwJS2ATgL3jBh9Lm8d6kYjiAwiTAcDT5UXWyPKCtkXBX7xiTN40RG44WAaoKScKDLZl6BiPd-JvZiV4KKbteFWoMX6FcXD9HAx80cIysoyeSiVkICqCjWC5R24iI9FTI3bB9JKpPTr4CV8Zsw?width=275&height=300&cropmode=none

Attention: Because of compatibility issues MCCC will no longer load and run if the ArtURLwww Pregnancy Mega Mod (PMM) is in use in the same game. The players can still choose to use PMM if they wish. MCCC will just not work if it’s in use.

Legacy players (32-bit) should keep MCCC version 6.6.0:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    MCCC has an option to increase the number of weakness points that a vampire has (if you click on the sim, then MCCC, MC Cheats, Occult Cheats, Vampire cheats, increase points, vampire weakness points). But, you can't decrease the number of vampire weakness points that your vampire has with MCCC. Is this a feature that might be added in future?

I ask because due to a glitch my grand master vampire currently has 10 weakness points rather than the usual 5 for a grand master. It's very annoying because it means he needs to have double the number of weaknesses!
    edited September 2020
    MCCC has an option to increase the number of weakness points that a vampire has (if you click on the sim, then MCCC, MC Cheats, Occult Cheats, Vampire cheats, increase points, vampire weakness points). But, you can't decrease the number of vampire weakness points that your vampire has with MCCC. Is this a feature that might be added in future?

I ask because due to a glitch my grand master vampire currently has 10 weakness points rather than the usual 5 for a grand master. It's very annoying because it means he needs to have double the number of weaknesses!

Try the new command in MCCC v7.4.0 from the sim's menu:
    Sim:MCCC > MC Cheats > Occult Cheats > Vampire Cheats > Reset Weaknesses
    That cheat allows the reset of a vampires purchased weaknesses. This will allow things like removing all weaknesses but keeping the vampires current powers.

It doesn't decrease the weakness like you asked, but after you reset the weakness points to zero, you can set a new value with
    Sim:MCCC > MC Cheats > Occult Cheats > Vampire Cheats > Increase Points > Vampire Weakness Points
    edited September 2020
    ETA: Never mind, I downloaded the newest version of MCCC and the setting you mention is there.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
    Bonxie wrote: »

Try the new command in MCCC v7.4.0 from the sim's menu:
    Sim:MCCC > MC Cheats > Occult Cheats > Vampire Cheats > Reset Weaknesses
    That cheat allows the reset of a vampires purchased weaknesses. This will allow things like removing all weaknesses but keeping the vampires current powers.

It doesn't decrease the weakness like you asked, but after you reset the weakness points to zero, you can set a new value with
    Sim:MCCC > MC Cheats > Occult Cheats > Vampire Cheats > Increase Points > Vampire Weakness Points

@Bonxie thank you for your reply. I tried the method that you suggested and unfortunately it didn't work for me :(

This is my sim's vampire weaknesses and powers before resetting his weaknesses. As you can see he has 10 weaknesses:

SyFj1Oq.png

After using MCCC to reset his weaknesses, this is his vampire powers and weaknesses panel. As you can see, he still has 10 weakness points as the game wants him to take 10 weaknesses again:

ogiSgKP.png

From there, I can only use MCCC to increase the number of weakness points that he has to 'spend', not to decrease his number of weakness points.

Would be amazing if MCCC added in the ability to decrease the number of weakness points that a vampire has!
  • GodOfSodaGodOfSoda Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I have a question about the story progression feature of MCCC. It says that when a certain setting is enabled, NPCs who are in a romantic relationship with an active sim won't get married and have kids randomly, which is good.
    But what does this romantic relationship mean exactly? Is it only established ones (like girlfriend, fiancé, wife) or anyone who has a pink romanve bar? And more importantly, can exes marry and have kids, or will story progression stop with them too?
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited October 2020
    Random sort of question, but does MCCC (maybe Occult module) have any way to make my half-alien toddler able to disguise herself? {I’m playing a storyline where the Sixamites are incognito}.

And for future children, can someone suggest genetics settings to reduce the chances of alien skin toned offspring that can’t disguise themselves. I really don’t mind the alien-human couples having human looking children with no alien powers, or alien looking children with full powers or even alien looking children that have some powers (if such a thing is possible) as long as they don’t give themselves away.
    Maybe I should learn to be more tolerant, but as I said, my storyline depends on alien presence being hush hush.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Random sort of question, but does MCCC (maybe Occult module) have any way to make my half-alien toddler able to disguise herself? {I’m playing a storyline where the Sixamites are incognito}.

And for future children, can someone suggest genetics settings to reduce the chances of alien skin toned offspring that can’t disguise themselves. I really don’t mind the alien-human couples having human looking children with no alien powers, or alien looking children with full powers or even alien looking children that have some powers (if such a thing is possible) as long as they don’t give themselves away.
    Maybe I should learn to be more tolerant, but as I said, my storyline depends on alien presence being hush hush.

Can't you change the skin tone of children with the cas.fulleditmode cheat? Genuine question - I've no idea as I generally don't play with aliens.
    edited October 2020
    Incoming patch!

Regarding this EA press release, there will be a new Sims 4 patch tomorrow, OCT 6, 2020:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/october-skin-tones-update?setLocale=en-us

Because of "a base game update around existing skin tones" (quotation from the press release),
    it's hard to say what will happen.
    Might be game breaking or not - nobody knows.
    At least default skin replacements could be affected.

There might be also a MCCC hotfix, but as always it will take its time.
    You know @Deaderpool and his willingness to work on this matter, so I'm convinced,
    that there will be a solution in a reasonable time frame if necessary.

What could you do?
    If you decide to install the upcoming S4 October patch, you should be prepared for game errors and to update your mods.
    Check now which script mods you are using in your game:
    Game Options > Others > View Custom Content > scroll down to section "Script Mods"
    Probably everything you find in this section has to be updated to the new game version or to be deleted.
    You find the corresponding files in your S4 folder ...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods and its subfolders.
    Script mods are usually (but not necessarily) files with an ts4script extension (i. e. mc_cmd_center.ts4script).

You might also consider to deactivate the automatic update function in Origin,
    which gives you the opportunity to wait until updates of your favorite mods are available.
    There is no need to install the patch at once!

But note also, that if you plan to buy and install any new exp/game/stuff pack
    you have to patch beforehand or during pack installation.

I will keep you informed about the newest developments.

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update

edited October 2020
    GodOfSoda wrote: »
    Hello! I have a question about the story progression feature of MCCC. It says that when a certain setting is enabled, NPCs who are in a romantic relationship with an active sim won't get married and have kids randomly, which is good.
    But what does this romantic relationship mean exactly? Is it only established ones (like girlfriend, fiancé, wife) or anyone who has a pink romanve bar? And more importantly, can exes marry and have kids, or will story progression stop with them too?

Sorry for the late answer.
    Please come over to our MCCC discord to discuss this issue.
    Use this invitation: https://discord.gg/mccc
    NRowe wrote: »

Sorry, I never used those game options. There are a lot of options in MCCC regarding hybrids, but I don't know, whether they might help you.
    There are some settings in MC Occult, but also in MC CAS, MC Pregancy and MC Marriage, but they deal mostly with percentages regarding offspring human vs. occult.
    You might try our MCCC documentation page and the settings search function, keyword "hybrid":
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/settings
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Can't you change the skin tone of children with the cas.fulleditmode cheat? Genuine question - I've no idea as I generally don't play with aliens.

Honestly, I probably can. I am considering giving her a ‘human’ skin tone as a last resort. I could pretend she has learnt to disguise I guess... Anyway, the blue skin tone seems part of her now, so it is not my preferred option to just take it away. Simpler answer to your question; I think Yes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top