Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else miss the old expansion pack colours?

chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Ever since The Sims 4's redesign from July 2019, all the expansion pack colours are turquoise. Previously, each expansion had their own colours which made them stand out more. While I'm pretty much used to the new redesign, it still sucks to not have individual colours for each expansion.

yyMYtAD.jpg

Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I don't. It's not an issue for me.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes!!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I never look at the covers as I have most of them as a digital download.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    When I'm looking around online for a new pack I am reminded of how they no longer look so good, but at least we don't have to look at them much.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The old style is so much nicer. I downloaded the mod to get the old home screen with the colored icons back in the game as it's so much better than the new design.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No.

I liked them better, yes. But I never cared enough about icons/cover art/loading screens etc to actually "Miss" them. (And there's somethings I like better about the new style too, overall they are pretty close but a preference to the old one for icons)
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    YES 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Not sure I think about it.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I like the original colors, but since I only digital download now, I don't have a physical product sitting on my shelf.
    Out of sight, out of mind. The start-up screen in game does not bother me as much as the pack covers.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    The old style is so much nicer. I downloaded the mod to get the old home screen with the colored icons back in the game as it's so much better than the new design.

Yes, the old was better. There's a mod for that? Does it include the center picture(s)? The rebranding got old very quickly.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I do. When I still played TS4, I got a mod that restored the old pack icons, and it also assigned unique colors to the post-IL expansions
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    chacce wrote: »
    Ever since The Sims 4's redesign from July 2019, all the expansion pack colours are turquoise. Previously, each expansion had their own colours which made them stand out more. While I'm pretty much used to the new redesign, it still sucks to not have individual colours for each expansion.

yyMYtAD.jpg

Yes. That old rebranding was the best I miss it <3
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Please send a link would love to download hehe
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don’t really think about it either way, but I guess I kind of like the new style because everything is consistent.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I do. It gave the pack icons a bit more personality. Not to mention, the uniformity redesign (even if planned previously) came around suspiciously close to when IL was accused of being a former gamepack due to the cover art. The whole thing left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

No. Number one, I wouldn't have known the colors if you did not post them. Number two, I don't even think about them.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited September 2020
    I prefer the old look and colours, so I make my own dvd covers to upkeep my collection, been playing since the original Sims <3

JatBibp.jpg

Which reminds me I need to make my Starwars one ;)
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I hate the turquoise. Idk why. I just don’t like it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I liked that expansions were all the different colours and stuff packs were green and game packs were blue. Now game packs and expansion packs list kind of blend together. I miss the white. I mean the UI is still white lol.

It all just kind of fit together
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Maybe its because I get mine digitally thru Origin, that it doesn't seem much an issue to me about the colors for them.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I miss them in build mode. When I used to search for an item from a certain EP I could always find it easily by the colour of the little icon. Now, all icons, for all packs, are barely distinctive and I often have trouble finding things in the decorations section of B/B without applying filters.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    With the tenth pack on its way, I think it is logical to pick one color for all EP's. So when it comes to the EP colors, I am OK with it. What does still bother me is that the colours for GP and SP are so similar now.
  • pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    No, I don't really care about cover art or the icons. My game is digital so I do not have dvd boxes. When I filter by pack in the game I look at the name written, not the icon.
    Since Sims 4 is suppose to go on for a couple of years ( we don't know exactly when it will be completed), they would have run out of colours to use for EP's, since you cannot use any colour that exists ( brown and black comes to mind). So, in that aspect, I think they made a good decision.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited September 2020
    I definitely miss the old design theme. The new one is very bland and forgettable, while the dominance of the colored segments criss-crossed with "crystal shards" makes the composition feel too cluttered at the same time, like a bad banner ad. The old design was actually much cleaner (in a good way, not a sterile way) and looked like packaging for a video game. The different colors for the top banner, pack emblem, and title banner gave every pack just enough individuality to convey the theme but just enough uniformity to signal that it was part of a set. From a graphic design standpoint, the original branding is just plain superior.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I miss them in build mode. When I used to search for an item from a certain EP I could always find it easily by the colour of the little icon. Now, all icons, for all packs, are barely distinctive and I often have trouble finding things in the decorations section of B/B without applying filters.

This. I get mine via origin, but the colour thing is really irritating in-game.
    banner.png