Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashed to the Desktop - heavy sigh

troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
So, I can't send my sim on vacation with NPCs because the game will crash to the desktop. And now I can't have a goaled party because the game will crash to the desktop.

All my sim wanted to do was party with her 10 toddlers while wearing costumes.

This pic is not from the party, I didn't do a screen grab. But here are 7 of her 10 cute toddlers
toddlers.png

grumble grumble -- heavy sigh

---
Would be nice to play the game with out the bugs and crashes.

Guess I am on another hiatus until these bugs and stuff are fixed. Check back around November, hopefully these issues will be resolved before the next pack drops. I really hope they fix all the bugs and stuff and don't leave TS4 like they left TS3. After Island Paradise was dropped that game became buggy, laggy and was left to modders to fix. It is just unplayable and up until now the bugs in TS4 were an inconvenience, but I could play the game. But crashing to the desktop is new and that makes the game unplayable. ☹😴
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
Post edited by troshalom on

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I can relate. When Sims 4 first was out. My game kept crashing because of the cupcake machine. I hope that the bugs are fixed soon for you too. Bugs can be nasty little creatures.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    10 toddlers! What a nightmare, no wonder your game crashed!
    I have a one toddler per family policy!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I have also noticed more frequent crashes since the early September patch. Have to save the game a lot more often.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I always save every 6 minutes or when a milestone has been completed. Crashing has never been a problem for me until now.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    I’ve experienced plenty of bugs over the years, but crashing has never been a problem for me.

But I haven’t installed the latest update since I‘ve lost interest in the game again. Sounds like good timing on my part.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    not sure if related but i was just making some lots in selvadorada and when i click manage worlds after building my game crashes

it works just perfect before i do that

i was on belomisia field station lot when this started happening

there also seems to be bug in build mode cause sometimes it doesn't let you place items even with moo enabled it will just tell you something is blocking something and delete the object which is mega annoying

i don't think there was this type of restrictions before like i just be trying to fit 2 baskets on one table and its like nope you can't do that

or one plant goes little over edge of lot and agh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think this is the reported bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-OR-JA-Game-crashes-when-travelling-to-vacation-world-with/td-p/9473042

Crinrict recommends that if you have any sims that are currently on vacation, that you end their vacation and try again. If you patched the game with the september 3rd update while your sims are on vacation it looks like this can happen.

Also, try without mods if you are using any, the latest patch broke a lot of them.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    okay so i continued building and other lots go into manage worlds normally o_O
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Yes...since the 9/3 update, I've lost 2 saves because certain households will crash the game
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Could the problem be you have more than 8 sims in a family and sending them on a vacation is causing an error that crashes your game?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Could the problem be you have more than 8 sims in a family and sending them on a vacation is causing an error that crashes your game?

I was wondering the same thing if it was a limitation because I thought technically the max amount of sims per household was limited to 8.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited September 2020
    The crashing on holiday is probably a known bug caused by the Journey to Galaxy's Edge update, although the expanded family size doesn't help, that can make the game crashy. The toddler party may also be a Galaxy's Edge bug. I would check the bug forum on AnswerHQ and also try and see if you can reproduce it in a new, unmodded save (just create a family with 7 toddlers and see if the party crashes).
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited September 2020
    I tried to play the game last night after not playing for few months and the game is performing terribly. It’s crashing without any notification (this never used to happen), it’s laggy and buggy. The last pack I bought was DU and I don’t use any mods/CC so it’s obvious that the last few patches really messed up the game. I am really disappointed!
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076