Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: SW:JB Sept.-Oct. 2020

Comments

• WombleWomble Posts: 62 Member
    @Slyvanas AOM selectable pets? it's broken for me, got last exception error by MCCC, after i report it they say i must delete it and i think some people report similar cases with selectable pets there
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    is the kids can cook still around it is gone from mod the sims most likely forever now.
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    @bandit5 she moved to patreon (still free) https://www.patreon.com/m/5268540/posts
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    @Dakota88 You may be able to use most aspects of custom careers; no creator has yet reported how they're broken, and another Simmer says they've been playing without noticeable issue. Just keep a backup save.

I am still scared to update tbh, I rely heavily on my custom careers for my gameplay atm and I don't want my game to break. I would rather wait for Neia to update her career tool, but that doesn't seem happening anytime soon...

Also, I am still waiting for Bienchen's updates since Knifty Knitting came out and with every patch more of her mods break. I hope she updates soon, otherwise I will just have to remove all of her mods at some point because the risk becomes just too high. But her mods fix so much annoying stuff, I don't really want to play without them...

I am quite annoyed with the whole sims year. I feel like you get excited everytime a new pack is about to be released, and then it's just something so boring and stupid and I wouldn't have needed it (except for Knifty Knitting). Mods are updated even slower than ever and it takes me weeks with every patch this year to be able to update my game, so I can't use the gallery for weeks which sucks. But playing without mods sucks too.

I am using all of the mods that you mention and I am having no issues. I am not sure if the custom careers are broken at all. One modder said that there were problems with theirs, but they didn't state what the issue was. Neia hasn't reported any issues and neither has Midnight. I support her on Patron and she hasn't reported anything. Incompatible mods will not break your game, but they can corrupt saves. However if you back up the save before updating, (copy the save folder to a safe place outside of the game). You can always go back to that save in the event of a problem. The fact is annoying as they can be, these last patches have not been nearly as disruptive as the earlier patches prior to this year.

There really is no risk to the game itself, and you can always repair the game if files are damaged by crashing or unexpected shut downs. Maxis has done a good job with this and Sims 4 is far more durable and reliable than Sims 2 and 3. It is of course your call, but I am using all the mods that you mentioned successfully, and I always keep a back up save.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    @Dakota88 You may be able to use most aspects of custom careers; no creator has yet reported how they're broken, and another Simmer says they've been playing without noticeable issue. Just keep a backup save.

I am still scared to update tbh, I rely heavily on my custom careers for my gameplay atm and I don't want my game to break. I would rather wait for Neia to update her career tool, but that doesn't seem happening anytime soon...

Also, I am still waiting for Bienchen's updates since Knifty Knitting came out and with every patch more of her mods break. I hope she updates soon, otherwise I will just have to remove all of her mods at some point because the risk becomes just too high. But her mods fix so much annoying stuff, I don't really want to play without them...

I am quite annoyed with the whole sims year. I feel like you get excited everytime a new pack is about to be released, and then it's just something so boring and stupid and I wouldn't have needed it (except for Knifty Knitting). Mods are updated even slower than ever and it takes me weeks with every patch this year to be able to update my game, so I can't use the gallery for weeks which sucks. But playing without mods sucks too.

I am using all of the mods that you mention and I am having no issues. I am not sure if the custom careers are broken at all. One modder said that there were problems with theirs, but they didn't state what the issue was. Neia hasn't reported any issues and neither has Midnight. I support her on Patron and she hasn't reported anything. Incompatible mods will not break your game, but they can corrupt saves. However if you back up the save before updating, (copy the save folder to a safe place outside of the game). You can always go back to that save in the event of a problem. The fact is annoying as they can be, these last patches have not been nearly as disruptive as the earlier patches prior to this year.

There really is no risk to the game itself, and you can always repair the game if files are damaged by crashing or unexpected shut downs. Maxis has done a good job with this and Sims 4 is far more durable and reliable than Sims 2 and 3. It is of course your call, but I am using all the mods that you mentioned successfully, and I always keep a back up save.

Thank you for your post, then I might start updating, I guess :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @maddiesmmmy Did you have a chance to test Cien's Lashes for All with only that installed? In case it's a conflict with something else. Re. the Weather Realism Mod, it hadn't been broken and the update wasn't pack-related, so it wasn't included here. I do, though, post all mod updates (except translations, at the moment), on the Discord server linked on p. 1. Some of that is carried in from the Deaderpool server (where I also post). CC updates that aren't broken-CC-fixes are there as well.

@yoganne78 There is no batch update for this patch's doors/windows issue in S4S yet.

@Slyvanas Selectable Pets has been considered broken by most of us doing this sort of posting for a while now. It just gets more broken.

Thanks for the support, @amethystlilac !

@Mendota I'm still waiting on any career creator to actually confirm their mods aren't broken, given that something in them should be based on coding changes, apparently. Midnitetech hasn't been promoting her careers since August; I think she's absent. Now that things have settled down, someone else might be able to do some code checking.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Updated Mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Broken Mods
    • Keep Portable Computer in Inventory (GuiSchilling19)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi

Can anyone tell me how/why I am getting a last exception after moving all my mods out of my game to update to the last patch?
    NEW INFO
    An update on custom Careers:
    A look into the coding by Scarlet suggests that most custom Careers are unlikely to have been touched by the patch if "the only time they vanish into a rabbit-hole is to simply go to work." That said, as she also points out, use at your own risk: Keep a save backed up until custom Career creators confirm that their Career mods are compatible.
    https://simsvip.com/2020/09/08/sims-4-mod-news-issue-4/
  • Ambrily82Ambrily82 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @SPARKY1922 said:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how/why I am getting a last exception after moving all my mods out of my game to update to the last patch?

Did you remember to delete the cache files? :smile:
    Hi @Ambrily82

Yes I do in fact I never forget I do it automatically after closing down my game it's such a habit from years of playing various sims games and that's why i asked because I cannot find a reason for getting them without any mods in my game unless it's one of those new files that have popped up in my folder i don't understand yet

avatarcache.package & reticulatedsplinesview.package?

ha1JMpB.jpg

apologies everyone for going a little off topic but I am hesitant to add my updated mods back into my game until I know it's okay..
  • GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    edited September 2020
    yoganne78 wrote: »
    I am new to S4S, and have never batch fixed before. I get most of my CC from TSR, and saw that S4S had something that fixed some window/door issues but not all. Should I just be patient and wait for the whole fix to come out or try to fix what I have now and then again later? I am a little apprehensive to use it since it is my first time, so I just want to make it easy on myself. Thanks for the help!

Here is one temporary fix for the windows/doors: Softpine.tumblr.com
    Here is another temporary fix using TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L. mod: SoulSisterSims video tutorial

S4S is still working on a fix. Personally, I'm not bothering with the temporary fixes. I'm just using my CC windows/doors because they're still functional. I'm just waiting for S4S :smile:
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

@bandit5 she moved to patreon (still free) https://www.patreon.com/m/5268540/posts

the kids can cook mod is not on there though.
    Hello @SPARKY1922,

I'm not sure why you're getting the LE in this case; the only thing I can come up with, but I'm honestly not sure it would actually help, is to try repairing the game through Origin and check again.

As for the other new files, I've noticed them too, but never touched them because I'm not sure they're something I can delete safely, so I look forward to a response from an expert with you. :)
    edited September 2020
    Thanks, @MizoreYukii <3

Updated Tool
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • by charmingbirch — Retail Career
    • by simmytime — Tiny Homes - Changed Tile Limits, Surprise Holidays Be Gone!, Rainproof Electronics & Servos!, No bubble blower or talking toilet reactions!
    edited September 2020
    Broken Mods
    • careers by Midnitetech. Her post on Tumblr says that Sims aren't going to work. (However, one tester I've seen says that this did not happen in testing.)
    Post edited by luthienrising on
    Updated Mods
    @Ambrily82

Don't worry thanks for trying to help I will be starting a new folder soon anyway after the last patch-) only just noticed you have 3 posts so welcome to the games and the forum :)

@MizoreYukii

Thank you so much for posting that link I have been looking for a kids mod like that for ages :)

Thank you also to @luthienrising

I had no idea until now for some reason that better exceptions pointed me towards the exact reason I might be getting a last exception in the first place which is really helpful :)
    edited September 2020
    New CC for the Pack
    > @SPARKY1922 said:
    > @Ambrily82
    >
    > Don't worry thanks for trying to help I will be starting a new folder soon anyway after the last patch-) only just noticed you have 3 posts so welcome to the games and the forum :)
    >

Thank you! :) Not new to The Sims, and just a silent reader on the forum for a while, so I thought I might as well start participating a little more actively lol

I apologize for the little OT, I just wanted to let you know I appreciate the welcome :p
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2020
    Thank you for this thread it is really helpful. @luthienrising @MizoreYukii I have updated UI Extension Cheats and MCCC. Is there anything else I need to update as all the poses I have are not working? I appreciate any help any of you can give me, thanking you. <3

@bandit5 They linked you the wrong creator. The page is here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/realistic-kids-41547853

Thanks for the right link.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited September 2020
    just downloaded better exceptions today. thats the good news. now the harder part . i'm not techy so i have to figure out how it works. when i opened my game it said something about being connected to the internet to get updates but i was i play through orgin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top