Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on TS4 pre-mades in general?

2...Next

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    I feel like with older premades like goths and calientes and such I'm super disappointed cause they don't act like they did in ts1 or 2 and don't even look the same and there is nothing to go about

and there isn't even graves at goths house! no ghosts! its so wrong : (

with new premades i mostly dislike how they got no dark side theyre just "fun roommates living together" "nice family" "this sim wants to be best whatever"

l never played much with premades but it just hurts my heart whenever i do

i do have few favourites in new premades like vlad and such but majority just blergh

if u want premades fun go for ts2 really
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2020
    Some are cool. Some are extremely bland and boring. Some are ugly. Some are in relationships that I don’t want them in and either get deleted or adjusted. Some are a certain lifestate I don’t want them to be and get deleted.

All in all, there’s nothing I can’t fix.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I like them, I have played most of them in an old save with aging turned off. I gave some of them some makeovers and changed their lives a bit. I think Maxis did a good job with most of them. There are some that I really don't like though.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I don't pay much mind to them to be honest. There are rare occasions where I might pair one of my Sims with one of them but whether they're living in the neighbourhood, in the gallery or just NPC's it doesn't make a difference to me.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    I like the premades. It's nice to have characters around I can instantly recognise because of their signature looks. They all have really individual appearances which gives them personality so it makes up for the lack of actual personalities.

I hated Sims 3 premades as they all looked the same, sure they had backstories written about them and traits but the majority of them were just Susans and Dereks with basically identical appearances.

I also like giving makeovers to the premades to make them more my style, I've remade pretty much most of them at this point so they have more interesting outfits/hairstyles. It's nice to have a base sim to work around and trying to make a look which fits their style and personality.
  • FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    I love it when premades have their own storylines going because it feels like i’m actually stepping into a world that has already started, do you know what i mean? It feels more real when they have their own relationships, enemies, friends, memories, etc.

The sims 2 premades are a perfect example of that, I loved reading their bios and then playing as them because I could choose to follow their story if I wanted to or not. I don’t know when and why they stopped making in-depth storylines for premades but I would say it definitely ruined the game for me. It just feels empty and lazy.
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited September 2020
    I dislike the majority of the premades in every version of the Sims. I start each new pack by going in and moving them out. I delete the ones that don't suit my taste, but keep any that have potential and let them roam my game. Occasionally, I find one with promise, they get make over and are allowed to keep their home... Maybe.

On the other hand, I really really dislike the randoms that the game spits out non-stop.
    They generally look like freaks, and I hope this practice gets changed in Sims 5 to offer more player control for those who want it.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I don't like the way the Caliente sisters don't look like themselves, but otherwise I enjoy premades. I prefer to make my own decisions so the lack of background stories doesn't bother me. I usually ignore the ones that are there. Mostly I leave the premades as background townies until they get a a chance to marry into one of my families.
  • GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    I never play those sims, but I agree that they definitely need more backstory, skills, hobbies, etc.
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Some townies I rather fond of, Morgan Fyres, Elsa Bjergsen, Makoa Kealoha, the rest are just meh.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I like them (I mean... *gestures to icon*), but they definitely could be handled better in terms of relationships. The base game premades, okay, they didn't have proper family trees when the game was released, so I can excuse Johnny not being related to the Landgraabs or something. But even in recent packs, like EL, there are inconsistencies! (Knox was supposedly adopted by Mary and Blossom. Instead, only Blossom is listed as his mother, with Mary listed as a stepmother (and acquaintance!). Same with Olive, she's only acquaintances with Tina.

I do enjoy playing with them, though. In Johnny's case, having that singular mention that he was disowned by the Landgraabs can offer a lot of scope for storytelling and making your own narrative. And I never really clicked with TS3 premades the same way (possibly because it was a lot harder to switch between households, so I tended to only stick with my favourites?)
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited September 2020
    I play some premades, like some and delete the ones I can't stand. Most of premades tends to be on the boring side - no intriguing backstories, no feuds, no forbidden love affairs, nada. I wish I could delete half of base game ones (as they are the ones I like the least), but game-generated sims give me creeps and I don't enjoy making my own sims so much that I would bother making dozens of them. So I am forced to let them stay as NPC's.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I hate them.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I used to just delete them, but they have been more interesting to me lately. The premades that come with the recent packs have such interesting faces and stories! I just started playing with all the ROM premades, including the ones from the trailer. I think they're wonderful. It was interesting to me that they came with their own little stories. Apparently Tomax and Grace have known each other for years. So I made them platonic best friends in my game. It's weird that I'm enjoying playing premades and even incorporating part of their stories, because generally I just want my own stories in the game. But for some reason I'm into some of them right now.

I play some of them in different ways from their EA stories. For example, in my game, Vlad is the uncle of Caleb and Lilith Vatore, and they like each other. Vlad isn't evil in my game. In my game, I deleted Jacques Villareal and only play his children. They have mental health issues because their father was so wicked and got arrested.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Their stories aren't very creative anymore. We get a lot of premades with stories 12 year old me could come up with.
    I think the problem with is, is that the developers don't play with the premades for generations before releasing them.
    The reason why Pleasantview had such cool stories and twists was because the developers played the neighborhood for a long time during development.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    I wonder why developers don't create and play with sims during development anymore? I mean i'm sure they do to some extent but not like in the previous iterations of the sims.
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • AlexSimmermanAlexSimmerman Posts: 80 Member
    Lacking personality, no effort has been made with their appearance, backstories or storylines. Even the very basic and vague family descriptions aren’t reflected in actual gameplay. Extremely disappointing
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    With cheat codes, not mods, I find I can make them more fun and interesting. To be honest though, I like making my own "pre-mades" then releasing them as either played characters or NPC's or semi-played. Once released, no more cheating in traits, stats, skills, relationships, etc. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This is not a subject for which I have a major opinion. I incorporate some of them through free-flowing play and ignore the rest.

I make up my own stories and interpretations and I mostly play with my own sims, but some pre-mades married in or have descendants in my game.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    One of my first disappointments with Sims 4 was the Caliente household. I recognized Don Lothario from Sims 3 (where I usually married him off to the hot librarian), and there he was, living as the boy toy of an attractive older woman with two beautiful daughters! Then I popped in to find they didn't actually have any relationships at all, and there's no story progression for relationships to form.

Pre-mades are, like many things in Sims 4, stripped-down and shallow. You get set dressing, you get party tricks like multi-tasking and multi-Sim conversations (where relationship only builds with the specific Sim your interaction is on), and you get Sims who all get the same moodlets and same reactions to the same things.

TL;DR: I don't mind having the pre-mades in my game.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I evict them all from the beginning and replace them, along with their homes, with creations of my own. I don't totally delete them, though... I just keep them as "in world" Sims, but not actually owning homes.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    I’ve been playing Sims 4 for five years. The premades have long lost their charm, for me anyway, I leave a few in like Don ( I have a soft spot for him. I once had a female sim involved with him. She had three kids with him but they never married or lived together. She died, I believe it was a fire. And left her teen to raise the the younger ones. Don was at the house every day checking on them, sometimes twice a day. I had the teen give him the residence key. I never moved him in because he was there all the time anyway. He was an excellent dad to them. He made me like him). I always make sure Don stays in my saves and is comfortable even though I never play him. The Heckings get to stay (love these two). So do Pak’a Uha and Duane Tallia, and Lilith, Caleb, and Vlad. The rest get deleted.