Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: SW:JB Sept.-Oct. 2020

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @ClaryssaPirchiner Are you using the Legacy game? That would be the only reason I can think of your CC didn't break: the Legacy version of the game no longer updates. Don't update your mods: updates are for the game version that still updates. Your More Columns might no longer work because you updated it at some point. Otherwise, it didn't break, but some people may need to use a version with fewer columns to support their screen resolution.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    New for the Pack
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ClaryssaPirchinerClaryssaPirchiner Posts: 4 New Member
    @luthienrising no, I'm not using the Legacy game. My game is the full version, and it's updated, including with the SW pack.
    And I didnt updated de More Columns. I went to ModTheSims to download another thing, and I see the "Outdated" in the name of the More Columns.
    I just thought it would be nice to let you know. <3
  • Options
    PeruvianPrincess293PeruvianPrincess293 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @jonilla1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It wasn't an "unnecessary" patch. In fact, no patch is pointless. You don't have to use mods if you don't want to, no one is forcing you.

The game sucks without mods so we have no choice. You must be a console player if you don't realize that.
  • Options
    @luthienrising no, I'm not using the Legacy game. My game is the full version, and it's updated, including with the SW pack.
    And I didnt updated de More Columns. I went to ModTheSims to download another thing, and I see the "Outdated" in the name of the More Columns.
    I just thought it would be nice to let you know. <3

That's just the Mod the Sims version. Weerbesu now updates his content on his Patreon page.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    > @jonilla1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It wasn't an "unnecessary" patch. In fact, no patch is pointless. You don't have to use mods if you don't want to, no one is forcing you.

The game sucks without mods so we have no choice. You must be a console player if you don't realize that.

Not a console gamer, but like luthienrising said, this is wrong place for that.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    Updated Mods
  • Options
    EFAW2393EFAW2393 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm getting last exception errors caused by the updated Kuttoe trait mods. I'm new to mods and am unsure if it is a problem with them or something else. Is anyone else reporting this problem?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    the traits i use haven't been updated since cats and dogs . my game keeps crashing since my mods are eithr new or updated pretty sure its the traits thts the problem.
  • Options
    discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    @EFAW2393, I use the mods and so far I haven't had any problems with them.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @bandit5 thank you the sim file share is working again now and I updated my mod(s) that way (which is a lot easier)
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    wheatberrywheatberry Posts: 20 Member
    "Faster Tutor Class in Discover University" created by StarTrekManiac2@MTS is broken.
  • Options
    @EFAW2393 You can take that LE over to Deaderpool's Discord server. They have a spot there for getting help with them.
    @wheatberry No surprise on that one, given another mod doing the same needed updating. Thanks for the report!

Broken Mods
    • Smarter Baby Care (Scumbumbo)
    • Faster Tutor Class in Discover University (StarTrekManiac2)

Updated Mods
    Outdated/No Longer Needed
    • Learn Batuu Recipes (magneticsouth) - turns out the pack includes this function; please remove

Reported Fine by Creator
    • by the Scumbumbo team: Variable Default Relationships
  • Options
    ClaryssaPirchinerClaryssaPirchiner Posts: 4 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That's just the Mod the Sims version. Weerbesu now updates his content on his Patreon page.

Aah, right.
    Thank you then.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Mod Updates from LittleMsSam:
    Pack updates for
    - Foster Family
    - Personal Objects (Computer, Tablets & more)
    - SimDa Dating App
  • Options
    LancesalmoLancesalmo Posts: 39 Member
    > @luthienrising Just to let you know I tested the poseplayer mod with out anyother mods in my game and then again with MCCC and it worked great both times!! :)
  • Options
    AlayafantAlayafant Posts: 36 Member
    • Smarter Baby Care (Scumbumbo)

It lasted so long! Through so many updates!
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Dakota88 You may be able to use most aspects of custom careers; no creator has yet reported how they're broken, and another Simmer says they've been playing without noticeable issue. Just keep a backup save.

I am still scared to update tbh, I rely heavily on my custom careers for my gameplay atm and I don't want my game to break. I would rather wait for Neia to update her career tool, but that doesn't seem happening anytime soon...

Also, I am still waiting for Bienchen's updates since Knifty Knitting came out and with every patch more of her mods break. I hope she updates soon, otherwise I will just have to remove all of her mods at some point because the risk becomes just too high. But her mods fix so much annoying stuff, I don't really want to play without them...

I am quite annoyed with the whole sims year. I feel like you get excited everytime a new pack is about to be released, and then it's just something so boring and stupid and I wouldn't have needed it (except for Knifty Knitting). Mods are updated even slower than ever and it takes me weeks with every patch this year to be able to update my game, so I can't use the gallery for weeks which sucks. But playing without mods sucks too.
  • Options
    Broken Mods
    • aspirations by jackboog21 (see updates below)
    • Eat at tables (Shane Grey)
    • Occult Mod Manager (jackboog21)
    • PlantSim Trait (jackboog21) - no plans to revive this one

Updated Mods
  • Options
    maddiesmmmymaddiesmmmy Posts: 6 New Member
    Not sure if anyone had said this earlier, if so I apologize, but Ciens lashes for all mod is broken for me at least. It was causing the missing faces issue, and when I removed it, that fixed the error.
  • Options
    maddiesmmmymaddiesmmmy Posts: 6 New Member
    And forgive the double post since I can't figure out how to edit, but the amazing weather realism mod was updated yesterday here: https://modthesims.info/d/620559/weather-realism-overhaul.html
  • Options
    ashlynette92ashlynette92 Posts: 37 Member
    Get To Work doors from builds downloaded from the gallery are broken for me. No mods or cc and game refresh. Where can I report this?
  • Options
    Ambrily82Ambrily82 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @ashlynette92 said:
    > Get To Work doors from builds downloaded from the gallery are broken for me. No mods or cc and game refresh. Where can I report this?

You can go [url=https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en]here[/url] and report the bug (although I think it's already been reported, so try a search first, and in case you find it, simply click on the "Me too" button). :smile:
  • Options
    yoganne78yoganne78 Posts: 8 New Member
    I am new to S4S, and have never batch fixed before. I get most of my CC from TSR, and saw that S4S had something that fixed some window/door issues but not all. Should I just be patient and wait for the whole fix to come out or try to fix what I have now and then again later? I am a little apprehensive to use it since it is my first time, so I just want to make it easy on myself. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Is Selectable pets still compatible with this patch?
    oxv0Rm8.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top