Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @MamaSimTee I have memories of 9/11 too but is was 12th Semptember here when I knew about it as all the action started while I was asleep. I woke early, before the sun came up and watched it on TV. The one stand out thing I saw, and it hasn't been televised again while I was watching, was one young man with curly blonde hair who jumped/fell from a very high floor. He was falling and seemed to be an experienced sky diver. He turned his body around into the position people use when using a parachute. The camera followed him for a few seconds. Days later I saw his family were posting photos of him as they were looking for him. As the years pass he becomes more and more the most prominent memory of what I saw on TV that day.

As for Sim distraction. I suffer from it badly. That's why I have so many different stories going in my YouTube channel. And I long ago realised I would never do everything that can be done in this game. Some because I don't want to go there and others because the more I dig into the possibilities of the game the more infinite it appears to be.

Two aspects of the game I know I've not done much with so far are the criminal career and vampires. But there are other careers I have probably not done much with and maybe never will. I'd like to try to achieve all of the different lifetime wishes but there are some I just don't have the patience for and some I didn't have the patience for I have since achieved and they turned out to be very easily done.

I need to get back to my video so will be busy for a few hours now.

Good luck with your job search. I hope you find something suitable soon.

• MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Lucy_Henley Welcome Aria!

@Evalen I hope they get their fridge soon.

@Karritz Sounds like you had your work cut out for you. I like they idea of separate rooms for foreign country tomb set.

@BlackSand Great pic!

@Nikkei_Simmer I guess they really are in it for the long haul.
    ****What'd the people of Sunset Valley ever do to you?

@Brandontaylor Not sure how I'd feel about an outdoor class in the middle of winter.

@GraceyManor Just keep calling them. They're probably hoping you'll just go away.
    ****I'm sending virtual hugs.

@Sleepstar Congrats!

@lisasc360 So far so good!

@RedDestiny92 I'm thinking Bert deserves better.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yesterday I didn't get a chance to get into TS3. I did test out a few more of my mods in TS4, though. So far, so good. Baby Ansel was born and aged up to toddler. He looks a bit like a girl at the moment, since I haven't bothered to CAS him.
    TGnpCIK.png

Today I finished off Karen's trip to Shang Simla. She managed to max out her visa on the first trip. I'm still gonna send her back to explore more of the tombs. Unfortunately, that'll have to wait until her save comes back around, since I'm going back to my rotation tomorrow. When she got home, I sent her out to collect various insects, gems, and seeds.
    BN250Yn.jpg
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Zeegee Will get with you on the ginger sim,I have to figure out which hair and stuff she has just everyday look things you need to get.The rest I will make basic base game stuff.But you can haz after though.

@CravenLestat How do I love thee? Let me count the...sims. :lol::heart:
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited September 2020
    Wow! A lot can happen in just one week when it comes to this thread... :)
    As always, great pictures and stories everyone. So much this time, I'm not sure even where to begin with individual feedback. I'm afraid I'll miss someone, so I'll play it safe with a compliment to you all. It still amazes me that after all these years with TS3 just how different everyone's sims and stories are. It's one of the things that I love about this game.

Today, I decided to take a break from my Steel Legacy and started a 2nd save with my other favorite premade sim, Hal Breckinridge. I didn't really have a story in mind and just snapped shots as I played...

JkogR6w.jpg
    First, I decided to give Hal's tacky home a nice makeover. Not sure if it's modern or retro to be honest.

rHagtuN.jpg
    I quickly followed with a makeover to Hal's wardrobe as well, because I've never liked those jeans of his. lol

uavG76o.jpg
    Since it was a nice evening, Hal decided to walk into town instead of driving.

Cxg52iJ.jpg
    He first stopped off at the local bookstore to get a few new skill books.

Sq3usGN.jpg
    Afterwards, since it was getting late, he decided to stop off at the town's hot spot, the Waterhole Juice Bar.

o36vyYZ.jpg
    He wasn't there very long before a cute guy named Sherman Bagley caught his eye.

Ga63Fk8.jpg
    After a couple of drinks, they decided to hit the bar's new dance floor.

nwKZdxq.jpg
    And no surprise, Hal, the heartbreaker decided to take Sherman home that night.

Hopefully, I'll have more time to play tomorrow and can post another update. :)

Have fun simming, everyone!
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Took a little sim break this weekend,
    back tomorrow happy simming all.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Taking a break from playing as my laptop recently had an update (it's a bit laggy at the moment) but will try and play tomorrow.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 lol at Ty checking out her assets! :grin:
    Glad to see Dani is still checking out some of the handsome fella's in town. Jayden is cute!
    Hope you had a good weekend!

@emorrill Well, Harvey and Liam both give off that cute nerdy guy vibe that I love so yep, they do resemble in that way. Liam is just a tad too skinny. I want to send him to the gym for training! :D
    I've seen a double rainbow in real life. Got pictures somewhere on this puter. Wow...quadruple ones would be cool in real life.

@lisasc360 Look forward to seeing your Karen pictures.
    ah...she's here. Looking good. I like the story you wrote for her.

@Nikkei_Simmer Sounds to me like Harm never really had a chance with Meg in the past and certainly not now.
    Glad to see the potions are working.
    Hope things work out with no experienced MD. I guess they can stuff knowledge in one of them.
    The bombs bursting in air!
    Sad. :cold_sweat:

@RedDestiny92 Cute pics of the new sims and love the ghost. I've had one that died of blunt before. I always like seeing the animations that come with it.
    oh my, Blake is naughty!

@Puddinroy Thanks! :smiley: hello!

@BlackSand Thanks for the comments on Mary's update. :smiley:
    Jamison is a very easy going guy, loves life and laughs a lot.
    He is a very loyal friend too.
    A very revealing episode about Liam. He was not being a very good researcher and scientist at all. Oh my! Well, should be interesting if he gets rehired. Trust is hard to rebuild.

@GraceyManor That's good news about them replacing the puter. Not good news they didn't call you back as promised though.
    Congrats on getting highlighted.
    Is it possible the game is not recognizing your graphic card? Perhaps chat with igazor.

@MoonandStars83 Thanks, I love having the rainbows back in the game.
    I watch them closely and when Mary is on the lot she is usually in the attic rooms. The guys can't get in there and Mary can easily get out because she floats. I watch her and try to keep her busy doing stuff or interacting with the ghosts.
    I Hope Karen has some fun adventures.
    Sounds like she did great maxing her visa on the first trip.

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments on my pics and updates. :smiley:
    You were very young on that 9/11 date. I was working and watched the tower get hit and fall with one of my patients. We sat there in shock and held hands and cried.
    Congrats on finishing uni with the group. Glad they actually graduated. :grin:

@Lucy_Henley Great pics of the family. Congrats on the baby girl. I :heart: the name Aria!

@Evalen Looks like they are doing very well with the survival. Hope it continues.

@Karritz hehe, you can drive yourself bonkers completing the collections! I've done it with one family in the past.
    Sounds like you are getting them organized.

@MamaSimTee I did not know anyone personally but the lives lost that day were devasting.

@ZeeGee ::pounce:: :grin: um...hi! :blush: Got a video ready yet? :grin:

@Jase I like your Ha's makeover. Great job. Looks like he is a fast worker!

No rainbows, but a beautiful sunrise. The view is the town from the overlook park.
    50331292291_83d0dcc32c_o.jpg

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2020
    bekkasan wrote: »

A very revealing episode about Liam. He was not being a very good researcher and scientist at all. Oh my! Well, should be interesting if he gets rehired. Trust is hard to rebuild.

No rainbows, but a beautiful sunrise. The view is the town from the overlook park.
    50331292291_83d0dcc32c_o.jpg

@bekkasan ... I know, I broke a cardinal rule ... :D

What happened with Liam is that being a Good Little Loveable Nerdy Geek,
    didn't make him immune to being human.

He didn't make any serious mistakes, but more like an unfortunate series of poor personal decisions.
    That happens, even when you know better, and Liam is Good which is why he felt bad about it.

I mean the book Mr. Dixson sent him is a real book ...
    It was a NYT Best Seller in the Business category, stayed there for 5 years ...
    And what happens in the book is exactly what happened with Liam.

I don't know what will happen yet, but I doubt Mr. Dixson is eager to throw Liam under the bus ... He never has been.
    I am guessing that like Martin mentioned ... It's not Mr. Dixson's first rodeo, and he has dealt with this stuff before.
    It doesn't make a lot of sense to throw away a valuable asset, when all they did was what you knew they were going to do anyway.

At least they don't have to rebuild trust ... Because DHE and Mr. Dixson haven't trusted Liam from the get-go.
    That's why Liam doesn't know everything about why he researching what he is.

Hidden Springs Is just a lovely place to play.
    It is also a place that has beautiful views from a bunch of lots all around town.

Great Screen Capture.
    Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    edited September 2020
    @bekkasan I know. I only consciously went for the tomb collections but when I was checking what they had collected over the past 3 years I was shocked to see they had found everything at least once except for one droppa stone.

I love that pretty pastel screen shot.

I have finished the next video except for - I talked too much and need something to put at the end. It's also a bit short so decided not to go through it to remove some of the chat. Then I opened the game to the save with their new house in Dragon Valley. Decided I was right - it is way too close to the front of the lot. So I moved it all back 10 tiles. That took me a few hours since there were so many bedrooms and other rooms on 3 levels. I didn't touch the basement. Now I'm too tired to get them all together for a goodbye picture of the whole household. I hope I actually play with that house one day. Problem is I discovered there are insufficient bedrooms. I need about 5 more. Not happening tonight. I think the extras can sleep in the tents or the sarcophagi in the basement. The video is only about 26 minutes.

Happy Simming all.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    @bekkasan Ooh, that is a beautiful sunrise!

I’ve never really gone in for collections much, mostly gem ones because of the Martial Arts skill. I think I’m going to have to get one of the Jennings family into Martial Arts! I think the only gem that Ros Asquith never found was the Pink Diamond. I have found it a couple of times before, I think I’ve even got an old screenshot where someone is just about to pick up a Pink Diamond ore, I’ll have to find and post it.

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @ZeeGee ::pounce:: :grin: um...hi! :blush: Got a video ready yet? :grin:

@bekkasan *Grabs in a big tight bear hug* :kissing: HI! I'm working on a video but have a ways to go. I took an editing class! And now I'm working on some animation tutorials. So when I do get the next episode finished hopefully y'all will notice a quality difference. :) Your sunrise picture is stunning. What a work of art. :heart:
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    @CravenLestat,
    Wow @lisasc360 You finally made a post without making me the evil bad guy Denny's dishwasher super villain tying damsels to railroad tracks.Where is Lisa and what have you done to her :#

I like it so far wonders what you will do next :p
    Oh don't you worry, I'll get back around doing that one of these days. Who knows but I just might have to add your simself to the Krusty Karen save to see what happens to him... >:)

I'm glad you're liking it so far. She's doing this with baby steps to start out with like one day at a time situation... :)

@Brandontaylor,
    @lisasc360 Poor Karen. She got a raw deal from her "friends".
    Better to keep it safe when cooking. Don't want a fire.
    It's nice to see her without the mask on.
    Looking better already.
    Great update!
    Yes, poor Karen. She certainly has a rough time with having friends but she's hoping to change that soon.
    Yes that's the idea as I don't want her burning down the house... :D
    Oh yes it is as she is a very pretty lady. Now why anyone would give her that type of make-up is beyond me as it was hideous...lol
    Thank you. Yes she is. Next is to try on some clothes to see what she likes. And then a possible photo shoot to show of some of her new outfits... :)
    Thank you... :)

@MoonandStars83,
    @lisasc360 So far so good!
    Thank you... :)

@bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 Look forward to seeing your Karen pictures.
    ah...she's here. Looking good. I like the story you wrote for her.
    Thank you... :) And thank you again... :) I'm not much of a storyteller myself but with the way she's dressed and has her hair and make-up on, it makes it easy to come up with something to write about... :)
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks for the kind words! My original idea was to play with the Hal “the heartbreaker” lifetime wish. However, I’m a sucker for a sweet sim and Sherman is exactly that. So, I had no choice, but to change Hal’s lifetime wish. Now, he wants to advance to the top of his career and live happily ever after with Sherman. Oh! I need to say that’s a really great snow picture by the way too!

Okay…
    I did get a little more time to play Riverview this morning and have a small Breckinridge update to share.

Nrwj6jb.jpg
    Sherman stayed over late last night. So, it was an absolute miracle that Hal made it to work on time.

9pKG0zq.jpg
    Hal was exhausted and slacked off some. But, he was thrilled to get a text from Sherman asking him to visit a new café for dinner and enthusiastically accepted.

3cuUeNn.jpg
    At the café, each ordered his favorite food. Cheesesteak for Hal and pancakes for Sherman.

jDWPF22.jpg
    After dinner, they headed back to Hal’s place and decided to skinny dip in the hot tub.

5AymesU.jpg
    No surprise, that made the mood a bit steamy and they went all the way this time.

dtfhYmT.jpg
    Somehow Sherman has changed, Hal, the heartbreaker’s way and stole his heart.

F69yIRp.jpg
    Hal asked Sherman to be his boyfriend and he happily accepted. The celebrate, the new couple decided to take a vacation.

Next up…
    A vacation in Shang Simla, China…

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

Victor teleports home to Midnight Hollow. He finds Gardenia working in her garden. He hugs and kisses her even though he has barely been away a few hours. She smiles at him and kisses him back. He tells her about his conversation with Adam and what happened with Benot. Her instinct is to gather everyone together and have Victor teleport them to Dragon Valley right away. He reassures her it is not necessary to rush. They can go as planned in a few days. "Adam will be ok. He did what he had to do and he has accepted that. It will still be there in his mind but he will not dwell on it anymore. Marshall will let me know right away if he is troubled about Adam."
    She clasps his hands. "What else happened. I can tell you are holding something back."
    With a big grin on his face that seems to light up the entire yard, he tells her, "Adam called me Dad as they left!"
    "Oh, Victor! That is so beautiful. It makes me want to hurry and get there anyway. I guess we need to let them have a day or two before we descend on them." She gives him another hug and puts her arm around his waist. "C'mon Dad, let's walk to the side yard and finish setting up for Josef and Jillian's birthday."
    50326334486_6f2c9284a8_o.jpg

Josef is the eldest twin, and he gets to blow out his candles first. He has been looking forward to becoming a teenager and when the magic spins him, he becomes a handsome teen.
    50326334431_a181a19820_o.jpg
    50326334386_bcb5391a14_o.jpg

Jillian now has her turn to blow out the candles on her cake. She makes a wish and hopes it will come true. She turns into a beautiful young teen. The family celebrates both birthdays with cake and ice cream and opening presents.
    The kids are excited about seeing Dragon Valley as well as Alice, Adam, and the rest of the friends. They have already looked up many of the fun things to do and see in Dragon Valley. They presented their Dad a list of all the places they want to check out.
    50326334366_674965073f_o.jpg
    50325670798_e06f1aedc6_o.jpg
    50338318986_a749a53040_o.jpg

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

Back in Dragon Valley, everyone gathers to watch the children as they see the new play yard. Alice and Jennifer found a lot of new stuff on the shopping sites. The toddlers hurry through the gate excitedly chattering about what they see. Drew tries to take a bite out of the cupcake fence. Jennifer stops him with a well-timed "No Drew." She explains to all the toddlers that the fence is not edible, it just looks like cupcakes.
    50335490627_b00a1ffe3d_o.jpg

Dedric and Wisteria work in the garden while Alice and Jennifer sit on the benches watching the kids play at the block table. "I hope it won't be too long before they get here."
    "Me too," Jennifer tells her with a sigh. "I'm not looking forward to explaining to Marshall why I didn't tell him about being pregnant."
    "I expect that is going to be the first thing they notice. We are both as big as elephants! We meant it for the best of reasons. I don't think I can keep anything from him in the future, though. The guilt has really got me down."
    50335490597_f657fb0026_o.jpg

The guys arrive in town and even though Adam is tempted to keep his speed up, he slows down and maintains the proper speed, despite his desire to get home now.
    50335334961_8fc1ea1538_o.jpg

Kailena and Drew both notice a scent in the air. Their werewolf noses tell them their Dad's are home. They both stop playing and run across the yard as fast as their little toddler legs will go. Jennifer and Alice see them take off. They are not worried as both children love exploring the yard. They continue their conversation until they hear Kailena and Drew yell "Daddy." They both jump up and hurry across the yard to see Adam and Marshall scooping up and hugging their children.
    50337090223_b63bd4f352_o.jpg
    50335334941_6823417b3d_o.jpg
    50334645263_da6ac1a683_o.jpg
    50335334836_dbbb935f66_o.jpg

Soon they too are enveloped in the arms of their loves.
    50334645168_a2f4d884cb_o.jpg
    50334644973_59070652bf_o.jpg

Adam's heart feels so much lighter holding his daughter and his wife in his arms. He feels whole again. He knows he needs to talk with Alice about her not telling him about the pregnancy before he left. He looks down at her belly and then at her face. "I think you have something to explain, Alice."
    Alice nods and nibbles on her lower lip. She hated not telling Adam and still feels she did the right thing even if she feels so guilty looking at him. She takes his hands. "Well, obviously you can see I am pregnant. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before you left. I knew you wouldn't go and really felt you needed to go and recover your mother's remains. You needed that closure for yourself as well as your grandparents." She looks into his eyes hoping he understands and will forgive her.
    50335334706_27191648c2_o.jpg
    50334645028_5bf2b269f7_o.jpg

Adam reaches out and touches her belly. "Alice, I understand why you didn't tell me. You are right, I might not have gone. It is possible you could have persuaded me though. Just like you did with taking Marshall along. Please don't ever keep anything from me again though. We are part of each other, and we need to be completely open with each other no matter what."
    Alice nods her head knowing she got off easy. She rubs her eyes to keep from crying while Adam continues talking. "Marshall and I got to talking about why you girls didn't insist on coming. Being pregnant was the only thing we could come up with that would keep you away."
    Alice thinks Marshall and Adam are just a tad too insightful and know them too well.
    Adam grins at the stunned look on her face. "Dad confirmed it when we saw him."
    Alice gasps. "Dad! What happened? I didn't call him! Why was he there?"
    Adam laughs. "Apparently he is still more tuned into us then we thought. But, we can talk about it later. Everything is fine."
    He moves his hand across her tummy and can feel the babe kicking. "A strong kick! Perhaps it will be a boy this time. Kailena had a strong kick too. Do you know?"
    "No, I decided to wait until we talked about it. If you want me to find out I will."
    50335490272_f663cb9400_o.jpg

He looks up at her face, smiling happily as he continues to rub her belly and talk with the baby. "I say we wait and be surprised. I don't care either way. I'm happy and excited about having another baby in the house. Have you been very sick?"
    She shakes her head back and forth. "No, not too bad, but I sure could use one of your awesome backrubs."
    Adam obliges.
    50335334621_4dbeecba11_o.jpg
    50337778066_4619a36c09_o.jpg

Jennifer and Marshall finally come up for air after their long kiss hello. "I've missed you so much, Marshall!"
    "I've missed you too." He looks her up and down and raises his brow. "So, put on a bit of weight while I was gone, have you?"
    Jennifer reaches out and smacks his arm. "Maybe I didn't miss you that much after all."
    Marshall laughs and bends down and talks to the baby. "Daddy's home now and is looking forward to seeing you soon."
    He straightens back up and puts on his serious face. "I wish you had told me before we left. No more secrets from each other, ok? I do understand you probably thought we wouldn't go, but we should have been part of the decision making process."
    "No more secrets! I promise! I know this is a little sooner then I had planned on being pregnant again. I guess Fate had other plans for us. You are ok with it?"
    "Ok? I'm ecstatic! You know I was ready for another one a couple of days after Drew was born."
    She laughs in remembrance. "Perhaps next time you can carry the baby and deliver it."
    50334644823_7a94dd856f_o.jpg
    50334644863_41e9d5eb0e_o.jpg
    50337935612_1f872c755e_o.jpg

Adam picks up Kailena and Marshall picks up Drew. They walk across the yard to say hello to Wisteria and Dedric as well as Willow and Fillian. They stayed in the play yard to give them privacy. Marshall calls Shadow who has been exploring the yard. He wants to make sure Shadow is introduced to the others and is gentle with the kids.
    50337090358_2cb9d279dc_o.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @bekkasan - another two wonderful chapters. I love Adam and Alice. :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Ultimate Sim Update Part 1

1Mr8oNj.jpg
    Somehow things were a tad bit messed up when I played last night. Christopher was shown to be asleep but was standing next to the bed. Sending him back to bed fixed that but not sure why that happened. Anyway, Brittany was still under the effects of a Potent Invigorating Elixir so she was awake when Abraham Finkel aged up to Adult.

UCXNiFF.jpg
    Since she was awake, I had her read a book for a job opportunity. I didn't think that one through though because Brittany is pregnant and the opportunity probably will expire before she returns to work.

S3z40BK.jpg
    When Christopher got up, he and Brittany ate leftovers for breakfast. I'm getting closer to cleaning the refrigerator out but if they don't use it all soon, I'll throw it away and have Christopher make new.

JESfsW2.jpg
    Once the dishes were done, Brittany and Christopher did some romantic interactions before I sent them upstairs to get cleaned up together.

M0RNqRp.jpg
    Once he was cleaned up and his fun bar was maxed, Christopher took care of the little garden.

Onm1Wjt.jpg
    Morning sickness hit Brittany for the first time since getting pregnant. She doesn't know she's pregnant officially yet but she can't transform to werewolf form.

Vbm47J8.jpg
    While waiting on Christopher, Brittany made a few elixirs. I noticed it had quit raining so I decided a trip to the park would be a nice thing to do.

PBCRUEI.jpg
    Brittany had a wish pop up to give Judy Bunch a Friendly Introduction but somehow they already knew each other so that didn't work. I had them chat a bit anyway.

OMR7Hhf.jpg
    The ladies were chatting while Christopher was fishing. He caught some fish he can either sell or use for fertilizer, unless they are something that would be decent to eat.

jeImBZS.jpg
    I had a bit of a deja vu moment when Brittany and Christopher got invited to the Langerak's for a Leisure Day party. In the first attempt at the challenge, they got invited there on the exact same day. I didn't mention it until now but this update took place on the second Leisure day in Sunset Valley. Kaylynn stopped Brittany from going in so Brittany posed for a picture.

KR1WAJ1.jpg
    Christopher talked with Dustin Langerak who now looks younger than Iliana due to being a fairy. If you remember, he was one of the luckier Sims targeted by Brittany when throwing 150 elixirs.

***Part two coming up in a few minutes. It's a continuation of Leisure Day and the following day (Friday.)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I’m sick of not having a computer and no it’s not because my card isn’t recognized I had already tried that unfortunately.This time I can see white stuff on the graphics card...
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Jase A week? I'm usually lost if I'm gone more than a day.
    ****Congrats to Hal and Sherman, I guess? (not sure if it's temporary or not)
    ****Looks like it's not that temporary.

@Silverofdreams30 We all need one of those every now and then.

@Sleepstar Hope everything's okay with your laptop.

@bekkasan Great pic!
    ****Josef grew up looking like the lead in an angsty teen vampire movie. Jillian grew up looking slightly like Phillipa Soo.
    ****Congrats on the two pregnancies! Also, nice use of the KP stuff.

@Karritz I'm not sure I have the patience to move a building back on a lot. I'd probably just leave it and resent the lot every time I play.

@Lucy_Henley I have a great Auto Collect mod from MTS that helps immensely.

@Brandontaylor Congrats to Brittany and Christopher!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Was in my Tanner save today. I ended up having to transplant them into a new save, so I'll play them again tomorrow to make sure everything's okay with the save.
    5sJKCLC.jpg
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    Ultimate Sim Update, part 2

HR6xFE6.jpg
    Abraham was freaking out about something while Christopher relaxed in the sun. Brittany had a chat with her former daycare child, Sam Sekemoto. It's hard to believe he's a young adult already, seems like yesterday when she was taking care of him.

ciySqru.jpg
    For supper, I had them leave the party and go to the Bistro. River McIrish and Molly French were there too, thinking about Fiona McIrish for some reason.

xmurXFe.jpg
    I had Brittany chat with River. I'm happy there aren't any hard feelings from when a Simbot Converter elixir was thrown at her mother by Brittany. Of course, it could be because I cured her later on.

iToxBuQ.jpg
    A little bit before 11pm, Brittany got her notice that she is pregnant. She didn't tell anyone at this time due to the late hour.

RvMNmac.jpg
    I had almost forgot but Brittany's Rebel Influence had dropped a few hour prior so I had her rant again to get it back to 10.

N1RyEWo.jpg
    Friday morning, Christopher finished his first book called Real Steel. Unfortunately, it was a flop and will only make him $13 for the next six weeks. He then started work on his second book called 'George Washingsim: A Biography'. As you can tell, I have a hard time making up book titles but I get tired of using the generated ones. He finally got promoted later on in the day to level two of the writing career.

SP1gin3.jpg
    Brittany was at the library to read a pregnancy book for a wish. She wished to have a boy as well but I didn't choose it since I wanted a female so I could have Lauren again.

RcC6GJQ.jpg
    Even though she is pregnant, she can still do meetings. I had her do three of them so that her performance would go up when she returns to work. All else is good, just not the meetings.

w7mG3gK.jpg
    Back at home, it was time to work on more elixirs. She's getting closer but is still shy of about 30 or so.

ojH7LQS.jpg
    And lastly, Brittany revealed the pregnancy to Christopher and he wanted to feel the baby kick. If things time out right, the next update will have the (re)birth of Lauren Steel. Only think is, she won't be exactly like the original but will have a similar look and 4 of 5 traits the original had.

***And that's it for now. I'm probably playing the Langerak's tonight as I need to fix a mistake I made. I was trying to move Cori out and things didn't work right and it messed things up. I deleted those photo's and didn't create an update with them. I'm not sure when the next Ultimate Sim update will be yet but there will be another one by midweek or the weekend.
    @MoonandStars83 I did seriously consider leaving it where it was and resenting it forever. But after a couple of days I realised it would be a happier longer term experience if I just moved it. Never tried to do that before. Probably won't try it again either. But at least now I have space out front to make it look prettier with a fountain and a garden. The actual building is about the most boring looking thing I've come up with so far.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Ultimate Sim Update, part 2

xmurXFe.jpg
    I had Brittany chat with River. I'm happy there aren't any hard feelings from when a Simbot Converter elixir was thrown at her mother by Brittany. Of course, it could be because I cured her later on.

Brittany did WHAT to Fiona? :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Page 4007

@Karritz That's the part that is the hardest to watch, seeing the jumpers. I can't imagine how that must have felt, knowing you were going to die either way.
    It'd be hard to do everything possible in game, I agree. The challenge I'm doing attempts a lot of the things but it doesn't cover all of it.
    I doubt I'm playing tomorrow night so I'll knock out a video or two then. I've really been enjoying them, even if they are some of your older ones.

@MoonandStars83 I wouldn't want to have a class outside either. I much prefer indoors.
    Congrats on the birth of Ansel.
    Sounds like you've got Karen doing well.

@Jase Nice home makeover and to Hal!
    Looks like Hal's having a great time.
    Glad to hear Hal did make it to work.
    Great update!

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    It's sad what happened that day but I'm glad you were with your patient when it happened. As for being young, I sure was. I put the wrong ages for my brother and I, as I was 10 and he was 6. I put 9 and 5 but we were still young.
    Thank you! Now I've got to get things settled back at home.
    Great picture of the town!

@lisasc360 I hope she makes a lot of good friends.
    It was hideous, lol. It looked more like a Halloween costume.
    Looking forward to it.
    You're welcome.

***Will finish feedback tomorrow, it's starting to get late so I think I'll play a few hours before bed. I'm not playing tomorrow night so I'll have plenty of time in the evening for feedback.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,966 Member
    I originally wanted the Jenningses to have all girls, primarily because of the musical names thing (nicer girl ones than boy ones). Of course, Verity’s second child is a boy :D:D I found one boy musical name I quite liked, Reed. It’s made me rethink my plans a little bit. Perhaps if Verity does end up having girls from now on, that could be part of Reed’s story, growing up as the only boy in a house of girls. It could go so many ways.

@BlackSand I'm looking forward to seeing more of the story and seeing what happens.
    I like how you took something not planned and turned it into part of the story.
    Yes, it sure is a beautiful town.

@Karritz Thanks!
    Oh dear, I might have just let the house sit. Such a daunting task after it is built.
    Not to say I've not done it, but usually, I catch it before I've finished or started decorating.

@Lucy_Henley Thanks!
    Reed is a good choice! How about Jazz..it could be a boy or girl's name.

@ZeeGee Awesome about the class. Are you making your own animations now too? I look forward to seeing more from you.
    Thanks, I've been lucky catching some beautiful scenes in Hidden Springs.

@lisasc360 I did blame the Dastardly Lestat for the crime against Karen.

@Jase Aww, another hopeless romantic! I love that you changed his LTW. I tried that LTW once and only once. I just couldn't do it. I ended up changing the LTW and giving her the reward so everyone forgot that she did break a couple of hearts. The sims were so sad and mad and I just didn't like doing that. She found a sweet love and they escaped from Lunar Lakes and lived happily ever after in Lucky Palms. Those were the last two worlds I bought and I had fun playing in them once I quit that LTW.
    I hope they enjoy the vacation trip.

@Nikkei_Simmer Thanks so much! It makes me happy that you love them. :smiley::heart:

@Brandontaylor Congrats to Brittany and Christopher on the pregnancy...even if she doesn't know it yet. :grin:
    That is funny the game wanted her to do a friendly introduction and she already knew her. I've had that happen a few times.
    Cute pose from Brittany!
    yay! Sam's got hair!
    At least he got started on the writing career. It does take a while to get really good books.
    I have it so my sims can still work while pregnant. I let them have a few days off after the baby is born.
    Now she knows why she is sick.
    I'm glad she finally told Christopher! :smiley:
    He seems happy.

@GraceyManor Girl, you've just been super unlucky lately with puters! I'm so sorry!

@MoonandStars83 Thanks! Yes, they are both pretty pale vampires. Perhaps more blood in the diet? :grin:
    I had to look up Phillippa Soo but yes she does kinda favor her.
    I hope all goes well in the Tanner save tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top