March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: More communication with the player base on what is being done to fix the game

Comments

• OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    And NO some of us can not do what Crinrict is doing, for many reasons, lack of computer knowledge, lack of time, just to mention two. There are more and tbh I do not like generalization, I am more into individualism. I know my own limitations too.
    Sorry but I am just too annoyed to always be the players fault, directly or indirectly, we don't do enough, we should be doing this or that, we should have better computers etc. Mine was bought in November 2019 and it manages the Sims 3 all EP's SP's Store Content, NRaas Mods, Lunar Lakes, Riverview, and three other player created Worlds with no trouble at all, in addition it also manages the sims 4, the gardening bug, the badly created and implemented sims 4 is not my fault or that of my computer, it is (and lets be brave and put the blame squarely where is due)
    EAXIS fault, and they should be fixing it. And we should be able to play the game we bought as intended, BUG FREE.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    I awesome'd here and will Me Too there; great initiative, and I really wish there will be more information about how the bug process works and what is helpful from the players' sides, as well as EA/The Sims Team being more open about what has been done. They seem to post valid information on twitter for some reason, when they could use the official help page instead.

And I of course completely agree that EA disappointingly leaves it up to players; being merely 'grateful' when persons like crinrict appear. If I weren't addicted to The Sims I would not buy it; but I look elsewhere for other game producers for that reason.

For more encouragement I'll say that computer knowledge of any kind is always acquired and maintained, not necessarily there as default, with anyone; and again inprint that no one is special in the way that their feat cannot be done by others.

The ones posting regularly in The Sims section know eachother, are members of the same Discord server, crinrict's Gaming World, and can learn from eachother and the few there with an actual professional knowledge base.

The hero/champion system is under change; but posting, reading pages, having OPs choose a post as 'Solution' etc gives points which will rank the ones posting at AHQ up. It is a hierarchical system linked to EA AHQ and the way it is set to work, and as such an incentive to post in a helpful way; but it is not based on insight and should not be confused as such. Like you say, individuals may have insight, whether they have a title or not.

I will also like to point out that AHQ is a 'player help player' forum, and the same criticism can be applied there as on every other EA-player relation; since the EA Help pages function the way they do, this is a way for players to get actual help, and this from other, by EA unpaid, players instead of official help desk. Putting too much faith in a hierarchical system set to maintain that help is in a way to get further duped by EA in their way of managing their games and their player-relation. Appreciate people for help is one thing; but putting too much trust in the system that brings them forth is another, and being discouraged from posting because of it is hopefully not even intended from EA' side. Generally speaking of course.

I am sorry if it sounded as I am directing myself particularly to you in person; as it was also meant as a general request so to speak, and speaking in general, out of the same frustration with how things works, as you feel.

Edit: Oh, and I am not so familiar with this forum, and they have changed a lot since I was here last, but I think the link to AHQ goes from Help Center here, and that you have to find the right section from there. And my first language isn't english either. :)
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    @Auroraskies

I am confused.. at some point at least the AHQs Feedback forum link was directed here... or am I being mistaken? :open_mouth: Now that I checked, there is a forum for feedback. I have ignored that part of AHQ totally cos I really remember that it would just direct you in here.. Lol. How can I be this dumb :,D
    Thanks for teaching me something new today and yes, I'll take this post to AHQs feedback section now as well <3

This might sound nitpicking but I must say that I didn't say at any point that all or even most champions/heroes have a deeper understanding of the game if you read that carefully. I was pointing out that there are people with more insight on the game than me and their input is more valuable and that many of them hold the title of a champion/hero :) English isn't my native language so I'm sorry if that came out wrong.
    I am on the edge of acquiring the guide status myself which seems super weird since I have never been able to help anyone in AHQ at all - just reporting and metooing. So can confirm the titles being given by precence lol.

And as I stated above, I am very much trying to "take action" and do the best I can in my part as a player reporting the bugs I come across while playing. I am trying my best on following the example of Crinrict and many others in the Bug reports forum.

I totally agree with you on the part with people ranting about bugs on this forum and not take the issues to AHQ where they should be. If someone just wants to let out some bad vibes about how the game is being treated, that's fine, but if they want a fix then they should follow the directions given to us many times: go to AHQ, Me Too or Report it and as you said, with as much info you can give :>

That's what I wish in return also from TS team: to give us as much info as they can on issues they've been able to reproduce and that they are working on to fix!
    I wish everyone took apart like you did. I mean I'm a playtester but that means nothing without the community's support to report bugs too. Everyone can take a part in reporting them and I wish more people had your spirit. I am a very take action person too. Status means nothing which I agree too. Sims community has such an interdependency between the game, the Simmers, and the Gurus which is neat to see like a machine that functions together.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Oh by the way, was cool I asked for this on forums and guess a Simmer read it and posted the request on Twitter to SimGuruNick.

I do wish they do these for every patch. It is very useful.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Yes, it’s too bad we need to seek them out wherever EA for the moment think they should be; but asking in several places is great and the surest way of finding information we all need and benefit from. We probably need to ask again next patch.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I am sorry if it sounded as I am directing myself particularly to you in person; as it was also meant as a general request so to speak, and speaking in general, out of the same frustration with how things works, as you feel.

Edit: Oh, and I am not so familiar with this forum, and they have changed a lot since I was here last, but I think the link to AHQ goes from Help Center here, and that you have to find the right section from there. And my first language isn't english either. :)

@Auroraskies No need for apologizing, I didn't feel like you were "targeting" me in any way. So happy though to have a civil internet discussion where people are considerate towards each other :blush: Thank you for that!

I'm gonna go a bit OT here and must say I found some evidence on the AHQ on the part that somewhere around 2014-2015 (gosh I feel old, seems like it was yesterday...) the feedback discussion was directed to be taken here on the forums, but I must have messed up at the redirecting part like you said.. Funny how one's own memories can betray them lol :grimace:

Yes, it’s too bad we need to seek them out wherever EA for the moment think they should be; but asking in several places is great and the surest way of finding information we all need and benefit from. We probably need to ask again next patch.

Also this is the reason why in the first post I brought up the thing that this is the 2nd largest gaming company in the world. They really should know how to better communicate with the player base. Now it seems - just as you said - that I need to be really active to find this kind of vital information. That shouldn't be the case.
    I should be able to go on any of their official platforms and have access to all the relevant news etc. Not logging in to Twitter for some info, forums for another and AHQ for something else.

@Scobre Thank you for your work in playtesting! It's a shame that the bug reporting seems to be too complicated for many simmers. Imho clicking "me too" has made things easy enough for all, but I find that AHQ as a platform might seem intimidating for people that aren't used to it.

If someone just stumbles into Bug Reports and doesn't really know what it's about it is not the most welcoming sight tbh. Version numbers, varying of quality of descriptions on the issues (because players write them themselves - I think EA should hire someone to read through the report threads and make an simple summary on the issue that you could me too), sometimes dozens of pages of text where the info on the issue is scattered... Also as @Auroraskies commented the general lack of EA presence on the AHQ makes it feel like there's NO POINT on reporting the issues.

Also I must again repeat what I've said before: I feel somewhat disgusted that the people that actually are the ones that usually are able to help me have "Not working for EA" or "not affiliated with EA in any way" written all over them. It makes EA look really bad in my books.

:/

origin ID: adduapina
    Me Too, about having a civil discussion on this forum, I'm very glad to be in one. It seems uncommon on forums, even on a so called teenage-rated ones as this.

Yes, I am sure that EA continually reorganize their forums, so while I have not played the game or been a member for nearly that long, them wanting their different forums and sections to be used differently through the years are not hard to believe. I think as a player in need to be heard, these suggestions are to be taken a bit lightly; and posting in several sections will make it possible for more and different players to interact and be aware of the thread. Hence the suggestion to post at AHQ - not to say that posting here is wrong, but that posting everywhere is better, so to speak. Appearantly twitter too.
    Yes, they should be better at player-relations; but I don't expect a large company like EA to be, or why anyone would think they have this as a drive. Making games are for profit; not idealism.

The point of asking for this information, about the patch notes and how they manage the bug forum and what can be done on a player level to help, in several places; is just because I don't think it will happen without some pressure. This pressure can come in several ways. I'm not one for screaming internet down, but that is one way to create a large enough situation; but for those of us who want a civil conversation, letting EA and their representatives clearly know what is needed, therefore posting across the plattforms, is another. Perhaps a civil request will attract attention and agreeing posts/Me Too's from the player base that ignore the screaming as well.

I completely agree about the signatures on the champions/heroes on AHQ, about not working for EA. When I first started to read there I wondered why it had to be said at all, since I don't expect them to be, the proper ones being clearly titled EA-something, or Community Manager, SimGuru etc.
    I think the reason for the signatures are partly that there are many, more than I would think, who post in the forum thinking they will get help from EA personnel, and need to be made aware that the one helping them are not speaking as official representatives for EA. But there is a joint plattform where champions and heroes have contact with the EA personnel, and the heroes get administrative power to move and merge and made to disappear threads in the forum; so there is some inside knowledge on their part, and I think this clarification is a request from EA as part of it.

The bug forum is in large part handled and organized by crinrict, all of it. There is a lot of information written on how she does it, on the AHQ forum; but I have yet to find info on how EA, the AHQ Community Managers, The Sim Gurus, and The Sims Team handles the bug reports. The few times any of them post in the bug report threads, it is to ask for saves, or to report a thread being by design, for instance.
    More information might be shared to heroes and champions; I am neither.

It truly is a despicable system.

Looking at how the bug reports are being interpreted by the players making them, I think a lot of players misunderstands their point, and how to make a bug report. There is info on how to fill them in, but clearly not enough. The template is too simple and lacks details; and yet is it too confusing for the, often seemingly child, that makes them. The system could certainly be made to be more efficient, and hopefully more will ask for it. ;)

• SimGuruMrESimGuruMrE Posts: 35 SimGuru
    I will see if we can add a section in patch notes for ongoing issues, where we can list them out, give a update if any, and add any additional notes that may help with visibility and transparency.
    SimGuruMrE wrote: »
    I will see if we can add a section in patch notes for ongoing issues, where we can list them out, give a update if any, and add any additional notes that may help with visibility and transparency.
    I would love that. It would help a lot with communication. Thank you.
    Thank you so much. It would be so appreciated.
    Here is a good suggestion on how to adress the bug template question, on AHQ; for anyone wanting to click Me Too and post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Idea-to-improve-the-bug-report-form/m-p/9454368#M36339
    Here is a good suggestion on how to adress the bug template question, on AHQ; for anyone wanting to click Me Too and post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Idea-to-improve-the-bug-report-form/m-p/9454368#M36339
    Awe that was sweet of @simgirl1010 to do and what a great idea.
    SimGuruMrE wrote: »

@SimGuruMrE If indeed possible, this is awesome and much appreciated! Many thanks!
    Also if you wanna think about shouting out to players if you need saves for certain issues, you might catch a bigger audience than in AHQ :)
    edited March 2021
    Update and thanks are in order since The Laundry List is here.

Thank you for this added transparency considering bug fixes.

//edit: fixed link.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    I really don´t think there is any need for being "grateful" at all.
    EA is a company, the sims game is a product.
    You are a customer.

They are not improving the game out of sheer generosity, but for profit.

It should be in their own interest to try and keep the player base as happy as possible.

So don´t be grateful.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
    edited March 2021
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    You are a customer.

It should be in their own interest to try and keep the player base as happy as possible.

So don´t be grateful.

@ZhakiraP

I am a happier customer now that my feedback has been heard and there has been an improvement.

Are you not ever satisfied as a customer? If someone serves you well, are you not grateful, because they get paid?

People should be more thankful and grateful in general in this world. We need that a lot more than negativity.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Are you not ever satisfied as a customer? If someone serves you well, are you not grateful, because they get paid?

People should be more thankful and grateful in general in this world.

@adduapina You can be satisfied with a product but you don't need to be grateful. If you want to be grateful I guess you can but it's not like you must or it's something self-explanatory. You've paid for a product and there is an expectation of customer support and communication. It's not something to be thankful for me, more like something I'd expect a major company like this to offer.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited March 2021

People should be more thankful and grateful in general in this world.

@adduapina You can be satisfied with a product but you don't need to be grateful. If you want to be grateful I guess you can but it's not like you must or it's something self-explanatory. You've paid for a product and there is an expectation of customer support and communication. It's not something to be thankful for me, more like something I'd expect a major company like this to offer.

@SimmerGeorge
    I agree with the statement that as a customer I have a right to expect a properly working product and satisfactory customer service.

But here's the thing I do not understand: why am I not supposed to feel joy or be thankful when I feel that there has been an improvement that I have wished for and that makes my experience of the game better?

Tbh I don't feel thankful even, I feel victorious!
    edited April 2021
    You are a customer.

So don´t be grateful.

@ZhakiraP

I am a happier customer now that my feedback has been heard and there has been an improvement.

People should be more thankful and grateful in general in this world. We need that a lot more than negativity.

If I were to agree with you that people could be nicer in general, I think gratitude towards profit driven companies is misguided.

I am a satisfied customer in several instances with other products, I am NOT however, grateful.

If I am grateful, it is towards someone who did something nice for me that I appreciated that that someone did not have to do. That for me does not apply to EA or Maxis. Or any other profit driven company or game developer, for instance.

I am a bit confused as to why you feel you need to be grateful in order not to be negative.

You are a customer.

So don´t be grateful.

@ZhakiraP

If I were to agree with you that people could be nicer in general, I think gratitude towards profit driven companies is misguided.

I am a satisfied customer in several instances with other products, I am NOT however, grateful.

If I am grateful, it is towards someone who did something nice for me that I appreciated that that someone did not have to do. That for me does not apply to EA or Maxis. Or any other profit driven company or game developer, for instance.

I am a bit confused as to why you feel you need to be grateful in order not to be negative.

@ZhakiraP

Where did I state that one needs to be grateful in order to not be negative?

I am a bit confused why my thankfulness on something this trivial that I feel I personally helped to achieve is an issue for you.

I feel that my previous posts on this thread explain already my point. But for clearance; I practice gratitude on a daily basis and I don't have such criteria as you seem to have on what to be thankful for.

As with any other learning or growth process I believe that positive reinforcement is a key factor if you wish for a change. That goes with all animals, humans included, and the employees of this capitalistic, profit driven mega corporation that we're discussing about are humans like you and me and when you give feedback that's been taken into consideration and made a real thing - well, my parents have taught me it's just plain politeness to give thanks.

I totally understand if you don't feel _you_ need to be grateful for this. You do you. But why would anyone ever tell someone "don't be thankful" is beyond my comprehension.

I am a bit confused why my thankfulness on something this trivial that I feel I personally helped to achieve is an issue for you.

I feel that my previous posts on this thread explain already my point. But for clearance; I practice gratitude on a daily basis and I don't have such criteria as you seem to have on what to be thankful for.

As with any other learning or growth process I believe that positive reinforcement is a key factor if you wish for a change. That goes with all animals, humans included, and the employees of this capitalistic, profit driven mega corporation that we're discussing about are humans like you and me and when you give feedback that's been taken into consideration and made a real thing - well, my parents have taught me it's just plain politeness to give thanks.

I totally understand if you don't feel _you_ need to be grateful for this. You do you. But why would anyone ever tell someone "don't be thankful" is beyond my comprehension.

Are you confused as to why I chose to share my opinion on a public forum?
    Or do you in fact have an issue with my opinion?

To answer your question I found the notion of gratitude towards a profit driven company "improving" their product over 6 years after launch curious to say the least.

I personally think you are confusing politeness with thankfulness. But each to their own.

@ZhakiraP

I might be at lost with the nuances of those terms since English isn't my native language, if that's the case, my apologies for the confusion.

On what you quoted from me, I'm confused. I red it again and still don't see how I stated you need to be thankful? I meant the last sentences (the first ones you quoted on your last post) in general.

As to my notion of gratitude being curious: I think we are looking this from different perspectives. You will not be grateful or thankful for stuff that you see should be delivered even without asking, if I understand correctly?

I asked for something that wasn't there when I needed it and it got delivered and I am thankful for that. This isn't exactly even an improvement on the product so I'm not certain if we are talking about the same thing here.

As I said before, you are ofc free to have your opinions, feelings and let them be heard. I encourage and cherish freedom in all it's forms.

I don't have any issue with your opinion. You do you as written above ♡
    edited April 2021
    I am happy and grateful that the constructive critic was heard, and interpret a thank you as the polite thing to do, since there are people involved that post in this forum, the SimGurus. Saying thank you is a polite behaviour, and does not make me regard EA any higher.

Next thing to ask for is:
    For EA to shape up the bug forum, adding information om how to understand it, and information on what players can do to help, and make the bug report template better suited for the larger group of consumers of this game. It needs to be clear where the information comes from; I want official information, not the helpful advises from ordinary players.

For the SimGurus to visibly involve themselves more in the bug forum, to make it clearer what happens, and how, and what they need; if anything.

For the Laundry List to contain information on how the bugs are prioritized.

Thank you.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited April 2021
    You are a customer.

So don´t be grateful.

@ZhakiraP

@ZhakiraP

Don't worry. You can be as grateful as you like. It's your own opinion and nice to read these days.

I'm grateful for EA for having faith in the original game to go ahead with it and I doubt if any other company would have a similar game now if they hadn't, judging from the general amusement at the time from other game makers. It took a Sims lesbian kiss to make them the talk of a computer show at the time. I actually like Sims 4 gradually rolling out and building the game and they have sorted out a request for me too and I'm grateful for that too.

I'm even grateful to another company making huge profits and greatly abused for it, Amazon who have been making my life bearable in Lockdown the last year. Making profits is not a bad thing. As long as they pay their taxes.

Post edited by Simburian on
    Simburian wrote: »
    You are a customer.

So don´t be grateful.

@ZhakiraP

@ZhakiraP

Don't worry. You can be as grateful as you like. It's your own opinion and nice to read these days.

I'm grateful for EA for having faith in the original game to go ahead with it and I doubt if any other company would have a similar game now if they hadn't, judging from the general amusement at the time from other game makers. It took a Sims lesbian kiss to make them the talk of a computer show at the time. I actually like Sims 4 gradually rolling out and building the game and they have sorted out a request for me too and I'm grateful for that too.

I'm even grateful to another company making huge profits and greatly abused for it, Amazon who have been making my life bearable in Lockdown the last year. Making profits is not a bad thing. As long as they pay their taxes.
    I so agree with this. I never trust anyone who doesn't pay their taxes. Why it is my passion and went to school for accounting is because my grandpa was taken advantage of with creative accounting. Scams these days are getting worst too especially with more people at home. I hope everyday no one falls for the IRS scam calls. Amazon sadly doesn't treat their employees well and don't allow bathroom breaks with their drivers. Probably why I don't see a lot of female drivers working for them.