Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Married in a week to inherit

RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
I just got an interesting new situation in my game. One of my Sims has to get married within a week in order to inherit a bunch of money. It gives her a +1 Tense moodlet. I’ve never seen this in the game before. I wonder if it’s new or whether I just wasn’t lucky enough to get it before. Should be fun! 😁
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Others have reported getting this. One even counter offered and got the $ for free. Seems to be a throwback to some of the goofy calls in TS1.
  • Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2020
    yup! I did it, it was only $5k i was SO dissapointed that I killed the spouse off! hah

Edit to add: I did it a 2nd time in the same sims lifetime (phonecall popped up again) - it was $5k again, leads me to assume it's only ever $5k
    Post edited by Zorga on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I love the prank calls. :My sim inherited something like 2000 simoleons from the grandfather of a friend of a cousin with no conditions imposed. And when the lady, I forgot her name, calls to ask for 1 simoleon donation to increase happiness, donating actually made my sim happy. :smiley:
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I just got an interesting new situation in my game. One of my Sims has to get married within a week in order to inherit a bunch of money. It gives her a +1 Tense moodlet. I’ve never seen this in the game before. I wonder if it’s new or whether I just wasn’t lucky enough to get it before. Should be fun! 😁

It's a real offer. It doesn't work if your sim is already married, though. I used MC Command Center to do a quickie divorce and then a marriage.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Eco Lifestyle seems to be the EP which is doing all these throwbacks to the original Sims game and I love it. The quirky phone calls. The objects you find in the dumpster. A really nice touch. :)
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    I got that as soon as I installed eco and went to the bar in the new city, I have four days left to get married. Haven’t even scratched the surface yet with this pack, but I love the new world, and the active neighborhood community feel, feels like my sim is living in this busy world
  • Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Eco Lifestyle seems to be the EP which is doing all these throwbacks to the original Sims game and I love it. The quirky phone calls. The objects you find in the dumpster. A really nice touch. :)

This entirely! I'm loving it, it feels like Sims 2-3 mood and vibe, regardless of the eco-ness. I love sims popping in to use something then being like 'oh can i hang out?'
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've never experienced with Sims 1 & 2.
    However I had the Sims 3 complete collection.
    There was never an eco in Sims 3.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    How long does it take to actually receive the money?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    FooFoo Posts: 1 New Member
    I actually got §16,042 (I think it was 42, something random) thinking I’d get §5,000. Willing to bet it can go even higher if you’re luckier. And @Rouensims you get it instantly after the ceremony/getmarriedto action is finished.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It's a real offer. It doesn't work if your sim is already married, though. I used MC Command Center to do a quickie divorce and then a marriage.

You can also breakup a marriage with testingcheats by shift clicking on your sim and clicking devolve marriage.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've got 13000!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Foo wrote: »
    I actually got §16,042 (I think it was 42, something random) thinking I’d get §5,000. Willing to bet it can go even higher if you’re luckier. And @Rouensims you get it instantly after the ceremony/getmarriedto action is finished.
    telmarina wrote: »
    I've got 13000!

They must’ve altered this in an update or something because I remember when everyone got max §5,000. How does the game determine now how much to give you? Is it random?
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I got it a few days ago! My sim received around 20k in funds! Soon after my sim's partner later died in an oh so unfortunate and tragic "accident".
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Foo wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    I've got 13000!

They must’ve altered this in an update or something because I remember when everyone got max §5,000. How does the game determine now how much to give you? Is it random?

Yes, it was after a patch. First time i got 5000 too...
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I've had this offer and declined it, but what happens if you accept and you don't get married in a week? Anything good?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Ive had two sims successfully receive this inheritance. One received around $16,000 and then another only received a little over $5000. I would be interested to know how they decide how much to give someone.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I've had this offer and declined it, but what happens if you accept and you don't get married in a week? Anything good?

If I remember correctly nothing happens. The stressed moodlet just disappears.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Aww now I'm a bit disappointed that my sim got only 10k. She is doing rags to riches and could have definitely used more :smiley: Well, 10k is good too for such a sweet husband.

I really love these new EL phone calls!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top