Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you buy it

Comments

• JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    I bought it just to see it for myself & boy was it bad like I expected. I got a refund after. Missions are repetitive & all the same really. Click here, click there. Offered no real gameplay. If I wanted Star Wars there’s tons of other games that do it better (KOTOR for one). I just don’t see where it’s fun? Once I brought the droid home my sims were obsessed on talking with it.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    No, have not and will never. If it was free I wouldnt download it.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    No and I won't buy it.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    No and I won't buy it.

And I really like your avatar. Bull is one of my go to romance options in DAI. After Cullen, of course 😄
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    I'm adamant with my decisions. I said I won't buy it I didn't buy it. And, yes, I'm salty about people who were criticizing it and trashing it but then bought it day one.
    filipomel wrote: »
    Don't think I will ever purchase this pack. Only nice thing about this pack is the Build/Buy, but honestly I'd rather live without the BB than to see Star Wars themed content around my game, just the thought of seeing Star Wars stuff in my CAS would be enough to break my immersion.

You can atleast use the alien outfits for Halloween Parties if you have Spooky Stuff. Imagine being dressed as Kylo or a storm trooper.

Agreed :)
    The content looks like it will go great with get famous career to B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Not yet, but will get it on discounted sale. :smile: I love Star Wars, and I like the B/B and CAS clothing in this pack in particular.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2020
    Tashi wrote: »
    I bought it first thing this morning. I really enjoyed playing it today! The sim I sent to explore and try things out had maxed skills so I believe that helped him to be easily successful at the missions. He maxed rep with the Scoundrels and then the Resistance. I Love the Scoundrels lol. I can see sending him back quite a bit. I will, in this particular save, send another sim to experience the First Order just to complete everything but I sure learned not to like them lol. I am happy I purchased it even though I might only play through it every few months.

I've really enjoyed the pack too, and that's how I feel about replay as well.
    But with a game with so many things to do that TS4 will eventually have, I will alternate between Selvadorada, Strangerville, Granite falls (maybe) and the Magic Realm. I will mainly send teens and early-stage young adults, so I will probably cycle around to Batuu generationally.

Since my sims are teens, things progressed a bit slowly for me.
    This and Geekcon are great incentives for them to improve that programming skill.

I had forgotten about vacation time. They had 5 days stored up and it caught me by surprise that it was time to go. :/
    I'm trying to figure out how to structure my game play. My sims (6 of them) are in a prep school I've created for going to University. I sent three of them and they are now back. So I will focus on getting them a few skill points they need for their majors and Uni in general.

I still have the other 3, which I wasn't going to send, but now I think I will.
    I will have them focus on joining the First Order for my next round. My six sims will be divided into two groups: Team Light and Team Dark. I really didn't want to leave Batuu, but this is probably a good time for a break. Right now, I can have Team Dark be a little more prepared this time.

It's currently Monday for them, so I have the whole week of prepping sims for Uni and Batuu.
    I will send Team Light back to Batuu for the weekend and then Team Dark will go starting Monday. And then Team Light will go back again Saturday and Sunday.

:D There ya go!
    That's the plan.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I still don’t know how I feel about the pack. On one hand it’s cool because your sim can have a child that loves Star Wars and you could decorate their room with that stuff on the other hand there really isn’t much you can do. The world is gorgeous which is one reason I like it and clothes and hair are ok for everyday. But the items besides having a room with Star Wars themed stuff what do you do with an entire pack that has items that don’t really fit in any world in the sims 4?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    I was always planning on buying it though I went back and forth in my head because of mixed reviews. I want so badly the masks the droids the b/b light sabers etc but I can't until s4s comes up with a batch fix for cc windows or every one of my builds will be destroyed 😭😭😭 desperately waiting.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Yes, and you get a LOT with the pack. It's a very cool pack. I don't see long term use of lightsabers for any sims but droids are a neat ambience I like having in any of my science based sims.
  • Cemason001Cemason001 Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes, I did buy it. I want to attach builds I've created but idk how to post pictures.
  • Cemason001Cemason001 Posts: 6 New Member
    Just got done building a cafe with items from this pack.

http://imgur.com/gallery/c3GNSQS
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Cemason001 wrote: »
    Yes, I did buy it. I want to attach builds I've created but idk how to post pictures.

Hi @Cemason001 Welcome to the forum. 🙂
    You may want to check out this thread for new members.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums#latest

Once you reach member status you'll be able to post pictures. You can use an image hosting site like Imgur.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Did not and will not. I have no desire to.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ashamed to say I bought this blindly - been busy with other things so hadn't seen the trailer, social media, this site or any other information on the Sims for months. Was excited to get back into the game and I thought 'wow, I bet it is so much better going into a pack with NO knowledge at all'. You can imagine my disappointment. A vacation world? I can't edit the lots? I can't become a Storm Trooper only wear a mask?

I haven't really played for well over a year for a variety of reasons, the last pack I properly did was Island Living. I bought Discover University, Moschino and Realm of Magic when they came out but I didn't actually play them beyond having a quick look at the worlds. I bought Eco Living, Nifty Knitting and this Star Wars pack the other day and so far have only done part of the Star Wars one. Despite this disappointment I have a lot of content to get my teeth into, I hope they are better than this!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    nope and never
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Not yet, but I'm going to. I want to get a Sim leveled up with a few skills before I send him on his adventure. I don't mind quests or goals. My primary games are MMOs so I do a lot of that anyway.

I've been watching Dr. Gluon's play through and it looks interesting. I also watched a video by GrimCookies who did a quick build/buy overview. I think that several of the objects will fit in with industrial themed builds.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    So, after watching more game play videos and lurking in the positive thread looking at all the ways people are using the pack in their games I decided to go ahead and take the chance to get it, I don't regret it at all. I have been playing for the past 3 hours since getting it and I am only stopping now because I have to turn in for the night. Can't wait until I can start again tomorrow.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Nope. The only thing I like about the whole pack is some flower decorations and the toddler hair but I'm not paying $20.00 for that.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Ashamed to say I bought this blindly - been busy with other things so hadn't seen the trailer, social media, this site or any other information on the Sims for months. Was excited to get back into the game and I thought 'wow, I bet it is so much better going into a pack with NO knowledge at all'. You can imagine my disappointment. A vacation world? I can't edit the lots? I can't become a Storm Trooper only wear a mask?

I haven't really played for well over a year for a variety of reasons, the last pack I properly did was Island Living. I bought Discover University, Moschino and Realm of Magic when they came out but I didn't actually play them beyond having a quick look at the worlds. I bought Eco Living, Nifty Knitting and this Star Wars pack the other day and so far have only done part of the Star Wars one. Despite this disappointment I have a lot of content to get my teeth into, I hope they are better than this!

Yeah that is all you get so if you paid for it you might as well get some use out of it. I brought at discount so I am happy with it even if it is an restricted pack.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I did but now i have to say that this is first time i've being so disappointed in game pack. Like the world is almost only just decor that u can't even walk to, most builds are just rabbit holes ( Haloo we just get rid of open world to make lot's more alive and not have rabbit holes? for what? the rabbit holes are now even worse) the star wars 'aliens' are not even aliens, they are just costumes. if they would be even skin details i would be more okay whit that but no. They are just costumes to you're sims head, hands and feet.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2020
    I did but now i have to say that this is first time i've being so disappointed in game pack. Like the world is almost only just decor that u can't even walk to, most builds are just rabbit holes ( Haloo we just get rid of open world to make lot's more alive and not have rabbit holes? for what? the rabbit holes are now even worse) the star wars 'aliens' are not even aliens, they are just costumes. if they would be even skin details i would be more okay whit that but no. They are just costumes to you're sims head, hands and feet.

I have to agree but it is an matter of taste and this will not be the end as this appears to becoming the norm. It just one has to choose their poison or do not take the poison and save your money. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • simoleanfairysimoleanfairy Posts: 8 New Member
    Nope. This will be the first game pack I’ll pass up on because I simply don’t see myself getting any enjoyment out of it.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited September 2020
    Didn't buy it and will never buy it. I've never seen any Star Wars movies. The gameplay, CAS and BB items are not worth my money because I would never use any of them. They would literally just end up cluttering my game and I'm already struggling to search through CAS and BB as it is.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member

I just really hope that they would just step up. I mean i get that i'm not star wars fan or know anything about Star Wars but i just review it as similar than Stranger ville. But there is too much missed opportunities , it's crazy. You got new world but u can't move there and there are really not lot's, only one u can edit with cheats. rabbit holes and so much space where ur sims can't even go cuz it's mostly just decor.
    Aliens? No not really, just costumes. Build and buy mode looks fun but were i can use them? In that new world batuu dont have any space to buid. Should i build in willowcreek? Would those alien/star wars themed builds fit there? every world already has a theme and style to them.
    Can't just make alien house next to them with out it looking weird.
    And what was the thing whit that starcraft? Ur sim just basically go there and vanish in air. Similar to how space rocked work. Nothing new there. Just so many missed opportunities. It's just sad. I loved this game but this is really starting to annoy me. Now when EA announce new pack i'm just 'oh boy, what they are cutting off this time'
    It's just sad..
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png