Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnant Elder?

As the title says. Some of my Sims moved in together (two are sisters, they were born in-game) and the welcome wagon showed up. One member was Brytani Cho, who is an Elder. She's apparently pregnant! I have no idea how long she's been an elder, I've been playing this save a while. I googled this, and it appears to have happened to some people before. The only mod I have that has anything to do with pregnancy is MCCC, the latest version following the last patch.

JUzxocV.jpg

Using MCCC I discovered that she's in her second trimester with a girl.

Comments

• KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    edited September 2020
    She probably became pregnant as an adult. MCCC also overrides normal Sims rules
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Yes, I have. I started off with a married couple who were young adults, their daughters were born in-game and are now young adults, the parents have recently become Elders.
    I began playing the save in January, but I only bought Get Famous in March, so the save had been going for a while before Brytani Cho would have appeared in game. I’m not entirely sure but it may well be that she got pregnant not long before aging up... one of my MCCC settings is to allow pregnant women to age while pregnant (as in, say, going from 13 days till age up to 10 days till age up, rather than staying at 13 days all through the pregnancy).
    In fact, that could be possible... I just looked in my screenshots folder and on the day I got Get Famous, the twin daughters in this save turned into teens. They’re slightly less than halfway through Young Adult now, so Brytani might have *just* become an Elder. Although I don’t know for sure.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    There have been reports of Sims becoming pregnant after making a phone call to ask for your advice about having a baby. Apparently the Sim who makes the call gets pregnant if you tell him or her to go ahead. This includes Sims who normally don't become pregnant, such as elders and males.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-NPC-Phone-call-event-triggers-male-to-become/m-p/9199270#M138501
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    This is one aspect about TS4 i don't like, the lack of natural infertility in female sims in their adult lives. With MCCC, i quite often see female sims get pregnant all the way to the end of those adult years and have children, often their partner is as old as the female sim is and so any children born are heavily reliant on the eldest sibling becoming a teenager at the very least before the parents kick the bucket, otherwise the entire family disappears from the game altogether.

i wished the developers added in a natural infertility point in adult female sims just before their half way point in their life stage. That way they can't just keep having more sims all the way into their elder years and allows other sims to have children of their own without the parents getting to it first.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You can set MCCC to disallow pregnancy if the Sim is a certain number of days before aging to Elder. You can also set to have children in inactive families adopted by other inactives if both parents are dead, that way at least the kids stay in the game especially if your Sim kids are friends with them. And with the gender customization options you can even have a Sim that's infertile -- I'll usually change the option from can impregnate/can be impregnated to can't after my Sims have the number of children I want...sort of an in-game sterilization procedure. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    That's kinda creepy :lol:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I am an Elder, officially, as of my last birthday. Happily, I can no longer become pregnant. But were it to happen, I believe the entire process would kill me at this age. Hard enough giving birth to my youngest when I was 33. And yes, MCCC can be set to avoid this issue.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Ok, I’ll have to investigate MCCC to change those settings.
    I agree about the infertility thing. If you’re playing a family directly you can have some degree of influence over when someone falls pregnant, but not so much with other Sims/NPCs.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited September 2020
    The only elder I have had pregnant was a male. He was abducted 4 times and impregnated twice.
    I added him to the challenge.
    Juan.png

My motto is: society always wants you to conform, so when you become an elder do you boo.
    Thus I make strange, yet fun, elders.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Ouch! That poor Elder sim giving birth in her old age. I remember having my daughter when I was 26, that was hard enough getting a human being out of another human being. I'm glad I became a Mother as a young adult.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Mccc has a setting under pregnancy where you turn on/off aging during pregnancy. MCCC seems to get a bad end of things because players don't understand that this is configurable mod meaning that there are default settings unless they are changed. Players change settings and then they are surprised by the out come. MCCC settings are heavily documented in several places. You can change settings using your Sims computer in the game.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    This is one aspect about TS4 i don't like, the lack of natural infertility in female sims in their adult lives. With MCCC, i quite often see female sims get pregnant all the way to the end of those adult years and have children, often their partner is as old as the female sim is and so any children born are heavily reliant on the eldest sibling becoming a teenager at the very least before the parents kick the bucket, otherwise the entire family disappears from the game altogether.

i wished the developers added in a natural infertility point in adult female sims just before their half way point in their life stage. That way they can't just keep having more sims all the way into their elder years and allows other sims to have children of their own without the parents getting to it first.

I agree. I don't use MCCC but I have a strict routine on when/if my sims get pregnant. Each of them has a fertility gene that is passed on, so there is a bigger chance that a sim who had many siblings will also have a bigger chance getting many kids. I simply have poor, average or good fertility, those poor are infertile, and those with good fertility can try for baby a little longer. The middle group cn only try while female is YA. It works fine doing it manually, but I'd much prefer that the game took care of this all ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    So, Brytani had the baby and named it... Britney. Kinda similar :D (I again figured this out by using MC CAS on Brytani).