Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does The Sims Team actually read these forums?

2...Next

Comments

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Probably just a moderator to see if someone says something they don't like.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I think they do I just don’t think they post here often. They will post here very occasionally. Despite what others say I do think they listen to feedback/ideas now wether they act on them is a different matter and that depends on people’s personal opinion. The impression I get from some posters is that as they never post here it means they are not listening or acting on what we want. I don’t fully agree with this. I must admit simguruconner listened to us with the knitting pack and gave a lot of content that was asked for and this was a pack initially I hated the idea of and it’s been one of my top 5 stuff packs.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I don’t fully agree with this. I must admit simguruconner listened to us with the knitting pack and gave a lot of content that was asked for and this was a pack initially I hated the idea of and it’s been one of my top 5 stuff packs.

Well yeah but that's the point of the community stuff pack. They don't really address the issues we the game we've already bought.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    You are supposed to put any suggestions in the 'Ideas' thread and not in the general forum threads. They might still look at that but I expect any new suggestions are few and far between. They've had them all in the last 6 or more years.

We were told that they did read that thread but that was some time ago.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    You are supposed to put any suggestions in the 'Ideas' thread and not in the general forum threads. They might still look at that but I expect any new suggestions are few and far between. They've had them all in the last 6 or more years.

We were told that they did read that thread but that was some time ago.

@Simburian There is a Feedback thread to but it seems like they aren't reading that either 🤣
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I don’t fully agree with this. I must admit simguruconner listened to us with the knitting pack and gave a lot of content that was asked for and this was a pack initially I hated the idea of and it’s been one of my top 5 stuff packs.

Well yeah but that's the point of the community stuff pack. They don't really address the issues we the game we've already bought.

Ok I agree with you but they did listen to our ideas though and they could have done their own thing with it. They brought firefighters, configured stairs, toddlers, swimming pools, all the main packs etc. Yes these should have been in the base game but they still added them. I do think they are listening to the main voice of the community whether they act upon it now is a different matter. However I will say what I want in the game most people seem not interested in and vice versa so maybe that’s why I’m not too fussed about this whole they aren’t listening to us thing. Although it will say I hate the recent eco lifestyle pack and have no interest in Star Wars but other then that I do like the game and like most of the packs usually ones others don’t.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would like to think they lurk, but it seems gone are the days when they would interact with us. They seem to stick to social media as a form of communication nowadays.

I have noticed that ‘EA’ employees take more of the limelight when it comes to the forums, rather than the SimGurus/Maxis team.

One thing that does confuse me though, and no disrespect to him at all, but I was under the impression that SimGuruFrost was the Community Manager for The Sims, so I would at least expect him to have more than 28 posts here. I don’t know what the role really involves anymore, but his predecessors like Drake, BChick, Hydra and others even further back definitely had more of a presence around the forums.
  • SimGuruMrESimGuruMrE Posts: 35 SimGuru
    I too would like to know the answer... B)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2020
    SimGuruMrE wrote: »
    It's genuinely fun when you guys stop in threads to make a joke to have some fun. But we rarely see you guys here, unless it's to promote a new product, make a small joke, or (rarely) address bugs and issues. You say that you're browsing and listening, but we can't see this, for obvious reasons. We see way more engagement on Twitter.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: »
    It's genuinely fun when you guys stop in threads to make a joke to have some fun. But we rarely see you guys here, unless it's to promote a new product, make a small joke, or (rarely) address bugs and issues. You say that you're browsing and listening, but we can't see this, for obvious reasons. We see way more engagement on Twitter.

I know The SimGurus and quite a few members of the development team read through these forums, though I know we dont post often.

I dont want to speak for other Gurus but I have seen a few calls for more interactions and discussions from Gurus on the official forums through out reddit and our forum, so in a effort to address this and have more transparency I will try to comment, answer questions, and post here more.
    edited September 2020
    @SimGuruMrE

Thank you for responding on this thread. One thing. I've got J.to Batuu and found a robot AzertySegFault in the unplayed Sims folder. Is this due to my Sims getting to a certain point in Batuu and coming up as one of the workers there like other NPCs? It doesn't appear in a new Save I started to test and I'm wondering if she is playable as a Sim?

I took her to Batuu on her own, she couldn't complete the first mission as there was no way to change clothes and she eventually broke down and was mended by this Alien in my Avatar pic.
    @SimGuruMrE

Thank you for responding on this thread. One thing. I've got J.to Batuu and found a robot AzertySegFault in the unplayed Sims folder. Is this due to my Sims getting to a certain point in Batuu and coming up as one of the workers there like other NPCs? It doesn't appear in a new Save I started to test and I'm wondering if he is playable as a Sim?

Dont believe we create and place Sims in the unplayed folder, pretty sure thats all for user generated Sims.
    @SimGuruMrE

Thank you for responding on this thread. One thing. I've got J.to Batuu and found a robot AzertySegFault in the unplayed Sims folder. Is this due to my Sims getting to a certain point in Batuu and coming up as one of the workers there like other NPCs? It doesn't appear in a new Save I started to test and I'm wondering if he is playable as a Sim?

Dont believe we create and place Sims in the unplayed folder, pretty sure thats all for user generated Sims.

Aaah. As I play with full worlds and have some Sims in University they must have created one whilst I wasn't looking then! I do let them live their own lives whilst I'm playing another set. (I'm well over 200 Sims now) She definitely was there, in that folder though and I hadn't even got to making robots in University yet, let alone name one! This game is definitely getting a bit creepy.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2020
    I dont want to speak for other Gurus but I have seen a few calls for more interactions and discussions from Gurus on the official forums through out reddit and our forum, so in a effort to address this and have more transparency I will try to comment, answer questions, and post here more.
    That would actually be very helpful if it happens. Thank you.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

I know The SimGurus and quite a few members of the development team read through these forums, though I know we dont post often.

So glad to see someone from the team posting here! Worry not, i am not going to overwhelm you with requests and questions haha. I just have a small(?) suggestion, maybe it is not very small and hard to implement so i apologize if that is the case. Would you kindly consider adding a way for us to sell what our sims knitted using the backyard sales table. I tried placing them in the table's inventory but it wouldnt allow me, i think it would be nice to add this feature if possible. Thanks for coming here and interacting with us!
    edited September 2020
    SimHuman_2 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new. I really don't know what a forum is or how to use it. I'm an older simmer but I hope all of you will accept me. My comment is that I truly hope they read the forum and monitor it for more than just rule breaking or I am going to have to get a Twitter account and embarrass myself some more. The whole reason I did this is because I am concerned with the games change of direction. It seems to be changing from the sandbox that I got hooked on since Sims 1 and continued to enjoy through sims 3. I had hoped sims 4 would be a great combination of 2 and 3 but I feel the game is moving into a narrow follow the path we setup for you type game. I am very concerned and I hope they read this because the future of the sims for simmers like me is at stake.

Just seen your post. Don't worry. I've got the feeling that the next expansion will get back to normal sandbox next time. (I hope anyway)! I just play whatever comes as Sandbox anyway. <3
    Post edited by Simburian on