Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5: Do you want it to be sandbox (TS3 style) or closed world (TS2 style)?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Sims 5: Do you want it to be sandbox (TS3 style) or closed world (TS2 style)? 133 votes

Closed world (TS2 style)
18%
IcewolfwickichickIObelleDevSims91kemoweryCopperBoltmotdkjcp011c2Daraviadele_katEvaliynSusim62EnkiSchmidtgarapoesSilentKittySimtown15SoapBubbleEvilyn_1007Mondaybirdonawire 25 votes
Sandbox (TS3 style)
81%
auroraael14mikepapaycikcatmom1987Goldmoldarrudy8292AyradyssAllearsZhakiraPNianaKelleygirlgrannyfay08aricaraivessmecandy8CynnaLaShawnStarfireMagdaleenaalexandreaKatAnubisMoon_Willow 108 votes

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    it will probably be released in 2023/4....our computers should be able to handle open world with no issue at this point.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    ... Though that's not what sandbox means. (It does not mean open world; it means open-ended, "free" and creative.) Either way, that's my vote though, tehe! o:)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm ok with either one

IF .........

The worlds are LARGE and you can edit them and demolish all of the fake buildings they love to toss in.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Closed world (TS2 style)
    I want sandbox and loading screens.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Closed world (TS2 style)
    I'm sure that a game with an open world will have many issues like in TS3. And the weird thing is that I don't really miss it in TS4, although I used to love open worlds.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    I want the open world of Sims 3 but with the depth of emotion/character and gameplay of Sims 2. I hate rabbit holes, so I would want to actually be able to enter the restaurants and locations that aren't just world/set dressing. I don't know that it can be done. If not, I would be fine with them giving me loading screens as long as it's basically Sims 2 with better graphics. I'm more concerned with my sims having actual personalities and complex relationships.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    Technology have move forward. A modern laptop should be able to handle an open world as long as the game is optimized well.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    I want an open world/neighborhood in the sims 5. I hate that the sims 4 is loading screens everywhere. Because of this my sims don't leave their house a whole lot.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    Actually, I want it in Sims 4 or Paralives.
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    Definitely open world. Or at least semi open world (ie even if you can't visit the entire neighbourhood without a loading screen, you should be able to visit neighbouring lots without a loading screen).
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    Sandbox ala Sims 3, I just sincerely hope that TS5 is not an online game...please Maxis learn from the disaster that was Sims 4 launch.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    I'd prefer a open world or even better open neighborhoods of 10-15 lots connected without loading screens in a larger world. The only reason I don't want a completely open world is if I have a nightclub I want to see the building packed with Sims unless this issue could be solved by them allowing the player to decide depending on their own pc if they want 20 or 30 Sims active in the world at once and made it so more Sims will make their way to where the played Sim is at. Also the days of 32 bit are long gone even Sims 4 has moved past that open or semi open world should not be as big of issue it was before.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    Open world. I never want to leave my house because of the loading screens even though they aren’t long.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I would take a TS3/TS4 hybrid. Towns @20-25 lots for EPs and 10-15 lots for GPs (if they keep that structure) that would be open in TS3 style. The fact we can freely travel between towns with various looks and climates is a nice thing and the only part that drags it down in TS4 is the closed world.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    Im sure the issue that exist in open world from TS3 wont be an issue anymore in TS5 if they learn from it and improve upon it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    The Sims 2 is also sandbox though
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2020
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Closed world (TS2 style)
    No open worlds again, please. I don't want those issues again. And even if you're gonna say ts5's programming will be better than ts3 and will handle it well, like it or not, ts5 will age too, and therefore after packs and updates it'll become like ts3.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Closed world (TS2 style)
    I like both Sims 2 and Sims 3, I like being able to make mini Uberhoods and Sims 2 is my favorite game, but the worlds in Sims 3 were beautiful and I enjoyed that game too... I’m not that into the sims 4 worlds because (while they have improved since the base game) they are small and unlike sims 2 I don’t want sims from other worlds interacting...

The sims in certain towns don’t mesh well together rich city people and Nancy Landgrab were trash picking... I’m also tired of seeing Mortimer Goth everywhere (he’s my least favorite Goth). Sims who live in an island paradise coming to visit a MILITARY TOWN. So no, if we have the worlds system we have in sims 4 in Sims 5 than I’m DONE

Yes I know that the problem I have with the worlds for sims 4 is the actual games fault but I don’t want the Sims 4 version of worlds to carry over into other games... Not enough sims, lore, back story, loading screens, and Sims from previous worlds that don’t fit coming into our worlds make me a little crazy. (I didn’t mind it at first but I HATE it now! I now call every world in Sims 4 a town because that’s basically what they are to me.)

I voted Sims 2 because the idea of Sims moving out and aging in their without me there freaked me out... Though we can turn this off in both games and it works better in sims 3 as none of my sims were about to die, you can even sort of play all the families rotationally like you did Sims 2.

In Sims 4 I left a family to play another for a day or two and I came back and one of them were fired and another was about to die and the kids grades were in the toilet. Also the bugs in their bug juice Eco Living thingie died... (Though if you leave to go to a a community lot you still had that issue last time I played sims 4... Which was a while a go, I wonder if they fixed that).

I voted Sims 2 because that’s the system of worlds I’m used too, the worlds still have the best lore, plus I can trust a family while I play another, but if we had open worlds but they were improved a bit I’d be beyond happy with that too.

I will take the build/buy mode and the Gallery from the Sims 4 into Sims 5 but that is it!

• wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    Closed world (TS2 style)
    i have not minded the sims 4 style ..i like the longevity of play with minimal issues....i can provide a back story of my own for the towns i play in and i create my own sims with their own back stories ..i create my own story progression by playing rotational play ....i don't want to be a slave to a meter of whims and wishes that i have to do in order to keep my sim from being depressed ...the freedom sims 4 allows is lovely and the game works well for most people
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    Open worlds have been the best thing that happened to The Sims
    Sadly Sims 4 doesn‘t have them, so i hope Sims 5 will have an open world.

Visiting your neighbor or going to a bar and having to sit through a loading screen just breaks the immersion.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I don't think "sandbox" explicitly means an open world, but rather a style of gameplay. Something like Minecraft, for instance, where you're thrown into the world and are left to your own devices. I'd say sandbox gameplay is more similar to TS2/TS3 and the majority of their packs, whereas the opposite, linear gameplay, is more like TS4, Strangerville and the flop Star Wars pack. Linear gameplay just holds your hand throughout the experience, and leaves little room for creativity and expression.

And The Sims 3 in particular was a nice mix of sandbox and RPG-like gameplay, even with its open world. It started to introduce more goal-based things, but a good amount of them allowed for us to be more creative in how we reached the end goal. We never had this nonsense of a pack which consisted of a story told by EA, with our hands held by them all throughout too. You had the adventures in TS3: World Adventures, but how you approached tombs and the order of adventures you went in was entirely up to you. I've been playing a lot of World Adventures after neglecting it for being unlike TS2's sandbox play, and I've been having a blast.

Anyway, long story short, I would definitely want another open world if they make a successor to The Sims 4. If we're talking sandbox vs. RPG-like gameplay, I think approaching it from an angle like TS3, offering a light mix of both, is a good idea. They should definitely avoid the direction of Strangerville again though.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Closed world (TS2 style)
    I would like it if, like in The Sims 2, time is frozen for the households that you aren't playing, and you can pick up right where you left off when you return.
  • ZinomanZinoman Posts: 14 New Member
    Sandbox (TS3 style)
    Open world. Loading screens really make me just wanna stay on my lot and never go anywhere. At least give us open neighborhoods. That way I can put all the public buildings in one neighborhood and visit them all in the same day without any interruptions. Same with the neighbors. Plus, even if the lots end up being rather empty, I'd rather have that and see realistically where all the other sims are going, than see all the sims at the gym when I'm there, when I'm sure they should currently be at work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2020
    Sandbox (TS3 style)