Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Did You Start Playing The Sims?

So I have just been sitting here thinking about playing Tthe Sims and realized I have been playing the game for nearly two decades now! I would often watch my sister play back when she would play The Sims 1 and I would often be so interested in her playing with virtual people. One day in 2003 when The Sims 1 Superstar came out my sister allowed me to play with her and honestly, I fell in love with the game and I have been hooked ever since. The first The Sims game I played on my own was The Sims 2 and I remember coming home from school and playing all night and spending all summer of 2007 playing the game. My sister stopped playing the game back in 2010 and gave me all her old The Sims 1 CDs as I have kept the games as a collection as I can't get rid of them and I have kept them simply for future use for when I have kids as I want to experience the games or I want to play the past games,.

It also got me thinking about how you guys got into playing The Sims and what version of the game is your favorite. I am excited to hear all your stories!

Happy Simming Simmers!

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I started playing The Sims in February 2000. I got it on release. Before that I had been a huge fan of Sim City and I liked games overall. I fell in love with it and it fast became my favourite game. Sometimes my little cousin played with me. I was sick a lot in my teenage hood and I was in and out of hospital and the Sims kept me sane! I remember hoping my parents wouldn’t see the Hot make out in the Sims Hot Date in case they thought it was inappropriate and took it off me!
    I have all four versions of sims installed on my computer and I have the sims 3 on console, Bustin Out, Urbz, Castaway and Medieval. I still play them all. But some more than others.

My favourite Is probably the sims 2 closely followed by the sims 3. Sims 2 is a proper sequel To the original, expanding upon it in every way and it’s just the best for me for family play, generational play and the amount of love and detail in the game blows my mind.

• Options
    Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    I first started playing the Sims in 2014 on the PS2 and then the PS3, once my husband brought me a laptop I was able to get the the pc version of the Sims I love The Sims 2 and 3 I also loved the console versions as well.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I started playing in 2000... I didn't go by ads or anything it was just in the store and I picked it up. I played the first game without expansions for quite awhile.. I didn't know about them until I saw them at the store again. It was a busy time with work and children but I still wanted to play pretty often. I got into mods and CC near the end of Sims 1. So many sleepless nights looking for mods and CC... lol... that part I don't miss but still overall good times.
    I did jump over Sims 3 even though I remember being excited for a new Sims game at that time. I just didn't like the base game at all and stepped away from the sims for awhile.. found many new games though so it broadened my gaming tastes some.
    Now I'm playing 4 .. again I got it from the beginning and have enjoyed it all the way through. Even though I have nostalgia for the first two games the current one is my favorite. It's let me tell my stories the way I want too much better and as it's filled out there is just more to be able to tell and do. I'm positive by the time it's finished up I'll be going back to it for a long while.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    2003 when Makin Magic came out for the first Sims. I was a magic/harry potter nerd and really wanted it. I actually bought the expansion first and went home before I realized I also needed the base game, but I have loved it ever since. so 17 years I've been playing on and off