Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, Now This Is Frustrating …

GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
My Sims don't seem able (even with autonomy on) to take care of even their simplest needs. Just moments ago, the eldest teen in my current family, was standing in the bathroom, just a step or two away from the toilet, doing the Potty dance. Face/palm. Not wishing to garner the No Excuse Award, one. more. time. I took over and clicked on the toilet. This is just frustrating. What happened, how did it get broken and when can we expect a fix? Please, EA. Many of us have remained faithful to the franchise, but this has got to change. Thank you.
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    About 3 weeks ago, I had a household I created/played for an experiment....I wanted to see if they would take care of themselves with full autonomy, and no input from me. What I found out is that they will, albeit poorly.

Nobody peed themselves, but they will wait until their bladder level turns red, and they did the potty dance. Same thing for bathing, sleeping, etc
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    I have noticed more lag in my game lately, and sims are falling down randomly without the clumsy trait. I also noticed that my sims are not going to bed when tired but just fall in a heap on the floor in a dead faint when they get over tired. Sooo annoying. Anyone else having these issues?
  • ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    I haven't been able to play without issues since Eco Living. It's so frustrating.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    it's pretty clear when you compare the autonomy of this version vs others before it that EA is milking the franchise for every-last-drop. Very little time was spent on the feature.
  • ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    @Colorist40 I have had the lag issue - found out that now, having more than a handful of notifications on your wall can cause extreme lag. Try deleting them. It clears it up immediately for me.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am having this issue too with sims not tending to their needs properly. I play a big family and this just makes things annoying for me if i have to keep pushing everyone to take care of themselves. I also have a bug with them taking a nap instead of sleeping even though they are tired.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    edited September 2020
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    I have noticed more lag in my game lately, and sims are falling down randomly without the clumsy trait. I also noticed that my sims are not going to bed when tired but just fall in a heap on the floor in a dead faint when they get over tired. Sooo annoying. Anyone else having these issues?

Do you have the Slice of Life mod, by chance? I do have Sims that grow overtired. In fact, even when I send them to bed, they often won't stay there, but get up to do something or other. :open_mouth: Silly Sims.
    Mareah wrote: »
    I am having this issue too with sims not tending to their needs properly. I play a big family and this just makes things annoying for me if i have to keep pushing everyone to take care of themselves. I also have a bug with them taking a nap instead of sleeping even though they are tired.

Yeah, I have that same bug. Napping rather than sleeping. Inefficient.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I don't think it's a bug, I think it's just poor autonomy design--it wasn't thought out well from the beginning. In the game I was referring to, they would also nap instead of sleeping, and they would repeat the process every hour or two, because they were always tired. Left to their own devices, they will do just enough to survive, but that's it
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Last time I had autonomy on, they'd rather do push-ups than taking care of basic needs.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I also have a bug with them taking a nap instead of sleeping even though they are tired.

This drives me crazy. It's bed time, you're very sleepy, you... go take a nap on the bench on the porch instead of sleeping in your max-comfort bed? Whatnooo... Also stop going outside to use the grill, the fridge is stocked with leftovers and you walked through the kitchen to get outside.

Inefficient is a good word.

4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited September 2020
    My Sims don't seem able (even with autonomy on) to take care of even their simplest needs. Just moments ago, the eldest teen in my current family, was standing in the bathroom, just a step or two away from the toilet, doing the Potty dance. Face/palm. Not wishing to garner the No Excuse Award, one. more. time. I took over and clicked on the toilet. This is just frustrating. What happened, how did it get broken and when can we expect a fix? Please, EA. Many of us have remained faithful to the franchise, but this has got to change. Thank you.

@GalacticGal reminds me when I 1st started playing TS4 in 2019, I had a teen sim who had to use the bathroom, sent him to the bathroom, he literally sat on the toilet and then stood up and peed on himself. I think I gave up on him at that point.

@Modifien I agree. I have saves I play for recording that I haven't played since the winter/early spring due to the bugs. Same with the saves I play for fun, but don't record. I don't want them corrupted so I create new saves just to play but not the main things I enjoy playing like gardening and collecting. I have yet to build a true legacy since I lost all my saves Summer 2019 and had to rebuild my game. Because guess what, children are bugged too.

I actually had fun creating sims and builds for the Spark'd challenge - the golden age one. I decided not to create a movie because that is time consuming and I doubt I will get many views much less win with so many talented video creators out there who have been doing it for years, some decades.

I just want to play a bug free game and it would be great if instead of focusing on the next pack they would focus on fixing all these bugs and make sure when they release a new pack they release it without bugs.

@Nate_Whiplash1 I think the sleep thing is a bug. I have always played the Sims from TS2 - TS4 with full autonomy. And the sims always would go to sleep. This take a nap instead of sleeping thing is new. As in the past I had sims that would choose to sleep than nap, and they would sleep, eat, bathe, use the bathroom when on yellow instead of waiting for red.

@phantasmkiss I would just put the grill in the inventory for now. Saves the heartache of the sims constantly grilling instead of eating left overs.
    Post edited by troshalom on
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Oh I noticed my sims seem to be ignoring their toilet needs a bit lately as well. I thought maybe I was just imagining things. :D

Do you have the Slice of Life mod, by chance? I do have Sims that grow overtired. In fact, even when I send them to bed, they often won't stay there, but get up to do something or other. :open_mouth: Silly Sims.

yes I do have the slice of life mod. Is that the culprit?
    I also have a bug with them taking a nap instead of sleeping even though they are tired.

This drives me crazy. It's bed time, you're very sleepy, you... go take a nap on the bench on the porch instead of sleeping in your max-comfort bed? Whatnooo... Also stop going outside to use the grill, the fridge is stocked with leftovers and you walked through the kitchen to get outside.

Inefficient is a good word.

Same for me as well. I had some toddlers that were sleeping on chairs downstairs and I thought wait they don't have the movement skill to two. So I had them stack blocks and once they got up to level 2 I sent them to bed which was upstairs and they wouldn't go. So I told the parents to put them to bed, and the parents wouldn't do it. I was like what now? Then I realized I had a ladder in the house instead of stairs as it is a small house and i was trying to save room lol. I was thinking something was wrong, seems it was only with me lol.
    Modifien wrote: »
    @Colorist40 I have had the lag issue - found out that now, having more than a handful of notifications on your wall can cause extreme lag. Try deleting them. It clears it up immediately for me.

Thank you I will try that.

yes I do have the slice of life mod. Is that the culprit?

I'm beginning to think so. I vaguely recall that being in the description in the notes about the updated mod. Someone on her Discord channel says (since I complained about my Sim slipping 7 times in a row, the next game session it was upped to 8 times in a row) that since it was a new thing it would likely get tweaked. He also has the clumsy Trait, so maybe it's worse for him?
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I don't have the pee thing, but I do have the Nap instead of sleep thing. I also have the interact with plants thing before doing anything else. I haven't deleted the plants yet, but it was a close thing the last time I played. LOL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I'm having terrible simulation lag even with a mod that's suppose to help it. My sims get stuck all of the time and I'm resetting them every few minuets. Also I'm really tired of my sims just standing there and playing with that cube.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I also use the Slice of Life mod. I'm going to experiment and take out the personalities part of the mod to see if it's any better. My sims have also been being overly obsessive about staring at art as well lately, it's driving me a little crazy. :D
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I also use the Slice of Life mod. I'm going to experiment and take out the personalities part of the mod to see if it's any better. My sims have also been being overly obsessive about staring at art as well lately, it's driving me a little crazy. :D

Let us know what happens and if it works.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Sims only seem to be reliably capable taking care of their Fun need.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    Sims only seem to be reliably capable taking care of their Fun need.

Mind don't. Oftentimes I find that need in the 'danger' zone, if you will. I blame it on the less that smarter Sims AI promised bud not delivered. Again. It's called, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."
  • SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member

I play an 8-person household and sometimes I use the fill household needs cheat on the mailbox just so I can enjoy the game for awhile. I prefer to not use cheats, but after playing this family through 5 generations with no cheats, I can’t continue if 90% of the gameplay is filling needs.

I play an 8-person household and sometimes I use the fill household needs cheat on the mailbox just so I can enjoy the game for awhile. I prefer to not use cheats, but after playing this family through 5 generations with no cheats, I can’t continue if 90% of the gameplay is filling needs.

I hear you. The whole reason I play with autonomy on is so that the others in the household will take care of their own needs. Makes it easier to wrangle the full households I prefer. I don't enjoy playing a single Sim and until the family comes along and grows to the desired 'fullness' it's a little boring to me. I know, I know. I just need the challenge, I guess. Thanks for the tip about the fill household needs. I was unaware of that and using MCCC I have used the cheat "Make Happy" for each Sim. Individually. Time-consuming and a bit of a pain, but it bothers me greatly when my Rock Star is on stage performing and his family is 'watching' all the while doing the Potty-dance. Same with others in the audience, Paparazzi included. The venues I use all have facilities, too. What is up with that?
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Having this problem too. They just ignore what I tell them or wait until it's a dire circumstance. I also have a toddler that won't sleep?! There is no radio or tv in his room, he isn't having nightmares, he just goes to sleep and wakes up 15 sim minutes later. Won't nap either. Not the realism I was looking for, haha. Poor baby is exhausted but I have to cheat if I don't want him collapsing because nothing else works.