Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pink circle on screen?

Hi there, I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but for some reason whenever I go to choose a book, or even invite guests, I'm left with a pink circle with blue around it on the middle of my screen. I've deleted all script mods that I have, and I'm not sure whether it's a graphics problem as it was fine before I updated my game. Here's what comes up:

71iewz.jpg[IMG]if anyone could help that would be great, thank you! :)[/img]

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Hello

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • GrenciaGrencia Posts: 93 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Hey, thanks for this suggestion. I tried it, it fixed the menu for the bookshelf, but is still the same when I click the cooking options. Is there anything else I could do?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Maybe jut try reinstalling the whole game? Backup your saves, tray and screenshot folders first. Then uninstall from Programs and Features and reinstall. It looks like some icon for the game is messed up from a corrupted game file.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Have you got some software running in the background? Try checking.

eg: I saw something about Asus "Sonic radar" showing sound events in games.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited January 2017
    I tried finding the thread in Sims 3, but couldn't. There was a thread in Sims 3 tech a little time back with a player experiencing the same sort of thing. A circle on the screen. They figured out it was a program trying to run, I believe. Maybe a sound thing? I really can't recall, but maybe @phoebebebe13 or @igazor recall, I believe they were the ones helping the other simmer.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I tried finding the thread in Sims 3, but couldn't. There was a thread in Sims 3 tech a little time back with a player experiencing the same sort of thing. A circle on the screen. They figured out it was a program trying to run, I believe. Maybe a sound thing? I really can't recall, but maybe @phoebebebe13 or @igazor recall, I believe they were the ones helping the other simmer.
    I remember that. The "object" turned out to be part of the logo of the player's sound card/drivers that was getting stuck in the exact same position whenever they launched the game and couldn't be removed until they rolled back a driver update (or moved it forward, I forget now). Not exactly the same symptoms as being described here as the logo's consistent appearance and position had nothing to do with what was actually going on in the game.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ferevabatmanferevabatman Posts: 3 New Member
    I am currently having the same problem, it just started with the cooking menu, I've never had an issue like this before until the last update with the plant sim challenge are there any other solutions/threads on this?
    I am currently having the same problem, it just started with the cooking menu, I've never had an issue like this before until the last update with the plant sim challenge are there any other solutions/threads on this?

Hello @ferevabatman

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder.

Check that your graphics driners are up to date.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited April 2017
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I believe it was the Nahimic sound driver.
    @Grencia
    Do you have a MSI motherboard or MSI laptop?
    https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/350540974008079834/
    http://nahimic.helprace.com/i39-how-do-i-disable-the-sound-tracker
    I would also recommend resetting the game folder like Rosemow suggested above.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

It's definitely a mod causing this, because it was the last folder that I placed before the glitch occurred again, also my drivers are updated, I repaired the game and did the reset method. I'm probably just going to have to see what cc is causing it. I hate doing this :neutral: thanks tho
    It's definitely a mod causing this, because it was the last folder that I placed before the glitch occurred again, also my drivers are updated, I repaired the game and did the reset method. I'm probably just going to have to see what cc is causing it. I hate doing this :neutral: thanks tho

I am sorry :( I hope that you will be able to find the cc causing the issue .
    If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
    Found the culprit, just in case in helps someone else it was ShimrodFastSkills4x, it just helps speed up skill building which explains why it popped up under bookshelf and cooking. :smile:
    edited April 2017
    Found the culprit, just in case in helps someone else it was ShimrodFastSkills4x, it just helps speed up skill building which explains why it popped up under bookshelf and cooking. :smile:

It is very thoughtful and helpful of you to post the name of the mod that was the cause of your issue :)
  • Brothekid10Brothekid10 Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks! I have ShimrodFastSkills too. *WARNING: IF YOU HAVE ANY SHIMROD FAST SKILL MODS, DELETE THEM IMMEDIATLEY! * Okay! At least I know the mod.
  • alxxshaxalxxshax Posts: 19 Member
    > @ferevabatman said:
    > Found the culprit, just in case in helps someone else it was ShimrodFastSkills4x, it just helps speed up skill building which explains why it popped up under bookshelf and cooking. :smile:

Thank you for giving the name of the mod that was messing up your game, I also had the ShimrodFastSkills4x and it messed up my game.
  • alyssuhplayssimsalyssuhplayssims Posts: 1 New Member
    When I click "Hire a service" the purple dot comes up as well as a few lines same when I click the dog toy box and click buy toys thats what comes up. And i've tried repairing the game as well as putting my sims folder on my desktop and copying it down or whatever.
  • AmethystusAmethystus Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this is an old thread, but I experienced the issue and tmex-moveobjects caused the problem
  • namseokahnamseokah Posts: 2 New Member
    this was from a while ago but i have started to experience the same issue. when i go to buy books or cook a meal, the menu shows up with a pink dot and i cant buy anything because none of the options are coming up. does anyone know of any mods that could be causing this?
  • namseokahnamseokah Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="namseokah;c-17339359"]this was from a while ago but i have started to experience the same issue. when i go to buy books or cook a meal, the menu shows up with a pink dot and i cant buy anything because none of the options are coming up. does anyone know of any mods that could be causing this?[/quote]

i found the source, after some looking around the game i noticed a lot of the icons for things we missing and somewhere in my head i just thought that ui extension was out of date, and it turns out it was
  • azraleoazraleo Posts: 1 New Member
    September 2020
    There was a new update and I noticed that the icons looked different and weird. The phone menu was green which is abnormal and when I clicked on things that had lists the pink circle would show up with a blue square behind it. After reading through this thread I noticed someone mentioned the UI extension that I use. And so long story short it was the UI extension and all I had to do was download the new version. I wrote this here because I could not find help anywhere else but this old thread. Anyway hope this helps and good luck.
  • New2sims4New2sims4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Omg thank you so much for this...
  • RebelPantheon1RebelPantheon1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Where do you get the UI extension update?
  • smalissmalis Posts: 1 New Member
    > @RebelPantheon1 said:
    > Where do you get the UI extension update?
    you can get it https://gamingpirate.com/sims-4-ui-cheats/
  • johanna78johanna78 Posts: 10 New Member
    I know this is a Very Old Thread, but I want to thank someone who mentioned a script mod, I have been trying to get rid of this pink circle for ages that hasn't let me be able to do posing for awhile (in game) a simple thing like a script mod being deleted and everything gets back to normal, Thank you so much, it's people/simmers like you lot that really help (old simmers) like me out a lot. a thousand times thanks. x