Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which would you prefer for Sims 5?

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
From these options, which world system would you prefer for The Sims 5 to have?

1. Sims 3 Style Open World:
You can freely travel in that world and access any lot, no loading screens. However, you're locked in that world and can't use any of the other worlds in the game without moving to them or taking a vacation to them.

2. Sims 4-3 Combination:
You can access all the different worlds at any time like in The Sims 4 and each world is like a smaller open world with around 15-20 lots. These individual worlds would be open worlds but there'd be a loading screen if you wanted to get to the other worlds.

3. Sims 4 Style Closed World:
You can freely travel between worlds, but there's loading screens every time you change lots.

Which would you prefer for Sims 5? 191 votes

Sims 3 Style Open World
20%
Stdlr9windweaverNyxLunaStarairotciv54agentclonewrenstalesCharlotteknJACKIEJOYRsandaAyeffenmrsdulson01pammiechickDevalaousRenato10catitude5mariajane216hells456KatNipSigzy05BrittanyChick22 40 votes
Sims 4-3 Combination
60%
Jderrick094OneAdorkableGirlKhariiBloodC24AyradyssCamkatPlayerSinger2010SimsILikeSimsIsb917SimburianSusanaLeotesimgirl1010plauIObelleg01denswanluthienrisingloubylouloualyssasim87KennziKaigexXPandoraXx 115 votes
Sims 4 Style Closed World
6%
TWSimGamer82TheSpotted_CRebeccaThurstontexxx78cassassdEnkiSchmidtmustenibirdonawireSimAlexandriaBecka28KimmerSims_Geek_GirlGenkider 13 votes
Other... (explain)
12%
crocobauraGalacticGalCabelle1863Shellyrae593friendlysimmersParyLeo2009SSASeera1024fruitsbasket101ApparentlyAwesomeCinebarBettyboop55doogeriewaterywatermelonCAPTAIN_NXR7ChadSims2nanashi-simsgarapoesSERVERFRAAyKooChao 23 votes

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    I definitely would prefer to have open neighborhoods where my sim could walk to a neighbors or whatever without a loading screen. I personally don't mind a loading screen to get to a new world to go to a certain venue.

My only real request, no matter how they implement is to be able to actually edit the world and bulldoze all lots, no fake buildings that can't be removed.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    Without having played Sims 3 for comparison, I'd prefer open Neighborhoods - with 3-5 lots - rather than open worlds of 15-20 lots. The larger the world, the easier it would be to loose track of someone - especially if you're trying to find that one NPC that you've asked to meet you somewhere - or even loosing track of your own sim, if you're zoomed back far enough - I can have trouble with that even now on certain maps.

Also, based on what I've read about Sims 3, the residential areas might feel alive, but the venues apparently didn't - because the AI was keeping track of all the other Sims that were in their homes. Which, to me, kinda defeats the feeling of a world feeling alive if all the venues are dead.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    Sims 3 style open world system can also do open neighborhoods. Better to have capability of both than just have open neighborhoods since that would just shut out open world players.

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I prefer the Sims 4 style as in Sims 3 the openness makes it too vast and areas feel too empty. If they could fix this and loading was still fast I'd switch my vote to a combo. I was torn between the two as it's too hypothetical right now to know the details but if exactly like sims 3 except with travel between, then just the way it is in Sims 4 is my pref.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    But only if they made an engine big enough to run it.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Other... (explain)
    Sims 2 remasterd. I don't care about an open world.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Other... (explain)
    Paralives
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    I just wish you could see your neighbours in their back garden. Like if to get in the house you needed a loading screen but to go talk to them in their garden or something would be cool
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Other... (explain)
    I want them to take the best parts of all the past games, improve on old ideas, and add new highly requested content.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    As long as I've understood the option as you've written it, your Sims 3&4 combo seems to be what I want. (Others seem to be interpreting it differently sometimes -- thus why I state it this way.) What I'm looking for is that each "world," like Oasis Springs or Willow Creek should be entirely open-world. You'd have a loading screen when you travel between worlds, but that's it. I mean, ideally, I'd love to have a completely open world where we can connect everything and add on new areas that are all accessible all the time. But I'm willing to settle for each world being loaded individually, as long as we can move between them freely.

To me the importance of an open world is being able to control multiple Sims in different places. This is something I could do in TS3, but cannot in TS4. I know everyone has their own wishes/desires, but this is pretty much my biggest. I want to be able to control my whole household wherever they are. If I have one Sim in an active career, I want to be able to follow them to work, but still keep my other Sims active -- have them do housework, go out to a venue, whatever. This was only possible with the open world in TS3 that let you switch back and forth from one location to another. Worlds would generally need to be a bit larger than in TS4 so that you could have pretty much everything you want in a given world though.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    Personally, I'd go for TS3 style of open world. I really loved it but a hybrid would also be okay with me.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    I never felt the desire to travel to other worlds in The Sims 3 outside of for things like World Adventures or University, which I never minded the loading times for. Nothing was really missing from the world given to us, which is where Sims 4 falls short. You have to travel to another world at one point or the other or there’s simply nothing for you to do.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Other... (explain)
    • TS2 usable community lots and fully customisable hood/terrain.
    • TS3 open world in regards to moving around lots, but NO community lot rabbit holes!!!
    • TS4 get to work / work rabbit hole options.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    I would like a combination, so open neighborhood. I just want Sims populating the worlds and still be optimized for various computers, so whatever method would make that happen.

(Sims 3’s open world had emptiness in the world for me, so if they go open world, that programming better be great, and optimized, and make the lots very populated, especially hole businesses and businesses in general, for me to accept open world.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • cassassdcassassd Posts: 2 New Member
    With sims 3, I felt like it was so laggy because of the open world and my sims would wander off without me knowing where the heck they were lol I did really like it, but honestly I kind of like how the sims 4 is set up into neighborhoods. I really loved the sims 2 worlds and the CAW feature of sims 3. I just wish the worlds were more customizable and didn't include a bunch of fake buildings. They're pretty and all but I'd like to have 1 or 2 big worlds where I can make different kinds of neighborhoods without them sticking out from the rest of the environment. I'd like the ability to add more creativity and diversity to the worlds to really make it "mine"
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    The open neighborhood thing is what I thought they would do in the Sims 4 and got so excited.
    To this day I still don't understand why they didn't do it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other... (explain)
    A combination of sims 1 sims2 and sims3 and sims4
    Post edited by friendlysimmers on
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    ...if it worked properly.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Other... (explain)
    Before Sims3 completed we were already able to travel between worlds. I'd like that back. I don't mind the open world, but I surely don't want Sims who aren't going to freely converse on their own, or otherwise are like robots whose batteries have gone dead. The Sims3 Sims were so vastly different from the ones in Sims2, who appeared livelier (on their own) for the most part. That's what sold me on Sims4. The Sims themselves. I think if they put enough thought, time and money into the design of the game engine, they could find a way to pull this off. Perhaps.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    I CANNOT be trapped in one world again. If my Sims want to move from Newcrest to the big city, that should be able to without all of my hard work being erased. I will forever hate that about 3 and it's one of the reasons why I struggle going back to it.
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    I CANNOT be trapped in one world again. If my Sims want to move from Newcrest to the big city, that should be able to without all of my hard work being erased. I will forever hate that about 3 and it's one of the reasons why I struggle going back to it.

You keep repeating the same lie over and over again even when people show you evidence that what you say isn't true. You can go to the hundreds of worlds in TS3 and then come back to your homeworld without losing any relationships or whatever hard work you've left off. Maybe you don't want people to consider playing TS3 because it has so much more to offer than TS4 and that's why you lie about it.

edited September 2020
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    Before Sims3 completed we were already able to travel between worlds. I'd like that back. I don't mind the open world, but I surely don't want Sims who aren't going to freely converse on their own, or otherwise are like robots whose batteries have gone dead. The Sims3 Sims were so vastly different from the ones in Sims2, who appeared livelier (on their own) for the most part. That's what sold me on Sims4. The Sims themselves. I think if they put enough thought, time and money into the design of the game engine, they could find a way to pull this off. Perhaps.

In Sims 3 you can customize what you want the sims to do more or less often with the NRAAS Relativity mod. Set the sims social and/or fun needs to decay faster and to fill up slower. That way they will autonomously seek out to talk more and/or do fun stuff according to their traits.

TS3 simmers love and play TS3 because they know how to adjust all the features just the alway they want. So if you don't like something the way it runs, ask - chances are a TS3 simmer will know how you can make it work. In this case for sims to socialize more autonomously.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sims 4-3 Combination

You keep repeating the same lie over and over again even when people show you evidence that what you say isn't true. You can go to the hundreds of worlds in TS3 and then come back to your homeworld without losing any relationships or whatever hard work you've left off. Maybe you don't want people to consider playing TS3 because it has so much more to offer than TS4 and that's why you lie about it.

As someone who played Sims 3 for years it's not really a lie, maybe it doesn't apply on all parts but it's not untrue. You lose all your relationships completely when moving to a new town. There's no way of contacting them long distance at all they're just gone completely from your sims life and the relationship panel.

Sure you don't lose all your progress but your sim will have no relationships and they may possibly lose their job when moving to a new town if the career isn't available there so it is like starting again. I've never returned to an old town after moving to a new one so I can't say if that brings relationships back though.

I think their point is that every time you move you have to start again, make new friends, possibly get a new career, etc etc. You can't just call up a friend from another world and invite them to hang out like you can in Sims 4, you have to either move back or lose them completely.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Other... (explain)
    I would like a combination world style. I would like small neighbourhoods like in TS4 and sims should be able to travel freely between the neighbourhoods. I want to be able to place lots anywhere I like, and also be able to customize the neighbourhood space. In fact it would be awesome if we could build and edit our own worlds. I like open lots, so I don't mind if we have loading screens between lots. No fake buildings. They can add small rabbitholes like street vending machines from where you can by newspapers, flowers/seeds, icecream, coffee, sandwiches, etc. Or like the public toilets we have in TS4, I think those are fine. No mandatory requirements for community lots, they should be like in TS2. They should keep the lot traits and add more based on age groups, gender, clothing attire, job and sims' interest and traits etc.