Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need more pale skintones

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Even if they gave us a limited version of a colour wheel - one that only worked on skin and hair - I’d be happy with that.

tbh thats all i even need colorwheel for so idk why they don't
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I use tons of CC skin for this reason. The game's skin tones, especially the very dark/light ones and the ones with yellow undertones, leave much to be desired.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    MrSpaceman wrote: »
    Am I the only person with such a problem? I have a nordic type of appearance. Light blue eyes, pale white skin. And I can't create neither myself nor someone that has the same type unless I download new skin tones. There's a very few white skin tones, not to mention that most of them look tanned. There's only one color that's a little close to my own. And there is also vampire skin from the game pack, but of course it's too lifeless for humans. What do you think?

I think I mentioned in another thread, but I’ll say this again:

A color wheel or color slider for skin tones in TS4 (at this point in time of the game) should suffice. Extra points if they add this for hair...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I also would like to have more light skintones. The current ones are too yellow.
    Additional hair colours are also welcome, one or two extra brown tones, a lighter ginger hair and a purple one for the weird colours.

Color wheel would be better of course, but this is the sims 4 we are talking about. :/
  • Options
    @Atreya33 Well, they did add those for Pets. My doubts on them having the capability of implementing this has lessened. I guess now is the matter of them prioritizing it.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Don't hold your breath waiting on a color wheel :|
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    @Meela_Pasht Haha. I wouldn’t either. It’s the vague waiting game at this point. ;)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Atreya33 Well, they did add those for Pets. My doubts on them having the capability of implementing this has lessened. I guess now is the matter of them prioritizing it.

I think the big 'problem' is not the technical know how but having to update all cas items of the base game plus 5 years of dlc. Not to mention every piece of cc might break. I think they rather want to spend their resources on creating new packs which will let them earn money.

At least our pets can be any colour we want...
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    we need more skin tones period! not just pale ones. a lot of the darker ones are basically unusable, they have a weird texture. i still don't understand why we don't have sliders for skin tones at least..
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I think the big 'problem' is not the technical know how but having to update all cas items of the base game plus 5 years of dlc. Not to mention every piece of cc might break. I think they rather want to spend their resources on creating new packs which will let them earn money.

Skin tones and hair is a start. The modding community did it for free. I am sure it isn’t too difficult for a AAA company to patch it through. :) It’s a matter of priority for them now.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I agree. Let me just add that we could use a ruddy complexion, too. Also, can we please, please, PLEASE have a true light brown hair? Not all browns are reddish. So disappointing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Skin tones and hair is a start. The modding community did it for free. I am sure it isn’t too difficult for a AAA company to patch it through. :) It’s a matter of priority for them now.

That's just it. I don't think it is a priority for them. It would be nice if it were, though.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2020
    Since 2015 I requested for a pale pink skin.

We have only the choice between the yellow sick or dead grey pale skins
    Hi,

I don't understand why we got 2 pale yellow skins and no pale pink skin. Please add it !

swtor_13.jpg

• Options
    kasaboopkasaboop Posts: 2 New Member
    Sad to report that this is still the case..
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    With the new skin tone update, at least we have the sliders now. I have more options for pale tones, and there are now more variety in the skin tones, there is now another issue. We have warm, neutral, and cool, which isn't bad, because we have more shades for pale skin tones. The issue I found is that if you try and mix a pale skin tone in the warm with a dark skin in the cool, the kids usually get a really weird grey skin tone, that follows neither parent. To make the pale skin work in warm you need a dark skin in warm, and the colors are between both tones. I find mixing light and dark skin tones well are still a bit of an issue in the game, especially if you don't want to use the same swatch for the parents.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I definitely think a color wheel would be great. I have more complaints about the hair colors though. I wish we had more. I use a lot of cc hair for that reason.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Thank you for bringing this back. As much as I do love the new update, this was my only complaint.

I feel like us very fair skinned folk got overlooked in the update. I mean sure we got a FEW new options. But not nearly enough, I feel. :/
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I feel bad complaining, since the minority community always gets the short end of everything... but I have a hard time recreating a lot of "white" people skin tones on here, too. Even in real life. It's kinda like the whole human race doesn't fit under 100 colors...Bring back the color wheel, please. :)
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    To be fair, "bring back the colour wheel" isn't actually a true statement. Skin tones in TS3 were sliders and not on the colour wheel at all. I do agree that the update was a great start but it's not enough. It might never be enough and the introduction of a colour wheel would fix that. I have a feeling though, that with the issues that they're having now with genetics and the tones and sliders, that it would be a nightmare to program with a colour wheel.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    They were able to create a colour wheel for cats and dogs CAS...

Surprised they can't make it for sims...
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    After the new update, at least im able to assign true white skin to my sims.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    As much as I too feel bad about complaining, I'm honestly glad to see I'm not the only one who feels a little disappointed about the lack of paler options. I've never played past Sims games so I don't know much about the color wheel and how much it would help.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm also descended from northern Europeans, and even though I'm really glad that people with different skin tones got the fix they needed I suddenly can't seem to get my skin tone.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    I agree. Let me just add that we could use a ruddy complexion, too. Also, can we please, please, PLEASE have a true light brown hair? Not all browns are reddish. So disappointing.

I also want hair with grey in it in more than just one color, doesn't make sense to only include one greying color. But really, yes, I would just love to see more realistic hair colors - definitely need more usable tones of browns and blondes. Funnily enough, I am actually pretty pleased with the ginger hair. I'm a red head and most of the the time I struggle to find my hair color in games, but the lighter red one is actually a decent match
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited December 2020
    As much as I too feel bad about complaining, I'm honestly glad to see I'm not the only one who feels a little disappointed about the lack of paler options. I've never played past Sims games so I don't know much about the color wheel and how much it would help.

in past games natural pale complexion was not a thing without cc so u missed nothing when it comes to that

also I don't think colorwheel would be any better

this is literally the first time there is pale skin in base game that looks natural

and I actually don't think we lack skin swatches aside from occult ones

(though the actual swatches are bit hard to find since you have to darken or brighten existing swatches for some of them)

its more like lacking in skin details like redness, textures, freckles and undereyes and such.

also like more different blush placements could help and hue slider for blushes too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free