Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Anyone Else's Game Seem More Broken Lately?

Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
Ehp7jE-U4AAgVVH.jpg

I have the latest patch, my last pack I bought was Nifty Knitting. I'm playing the same save I have always been playing. Somehow though it just seems to be more broken than usual.

-Items that Sims hold don't load in till way after they start using them (game controllers, digging tools for collecting rocks etc)

-Flickering lighting both inside and outside.
NPC Sims ordering things at stalls and then walking away.

-Toddlers and Children all of a sudden doing things I've never seen them do before.

TV being left on when no one is watching it, playing multiplayer games by yourself even though the person you assigned to play with you is there but they are eating chips.

Stuff being left EVERYWHERE! (Laptops, guitars, balls of clay, fruitcake...)

Just weird things like that. Anyone else?
Console Gamer - PS4 Pro 🎮

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited September 2020
    I had a broken game save after the patch for EL. Things went very weird, coloring was off as in Sims were suddenly white, red and black with question marks on them. It was both eerie as well as weird. I pulled my Mods folder. I did a game repair, twice. Uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, twice. I even pulled all of my cc (18th century clothes, hair and a couple of objects) from my Mods folder. I only had the updated version of MCCC in the Mods folder when I returned it to the game folder. Things were still wonky. In fact, if memory serves I regenerated my Sims4 game folder, too. Finally, I started a brand new game save. It played just fine. Mods folder and all. It was still fine. Slowly, I added back the now sorted cc folders. It's still fine.

Moral of my story is, I didn't wish to waste three whole days to sort things out after this latest patch. Instead, I skipped the middle steps, updated after most of my mods were updated, (leaving out the mods that were questionable) and started a brand new game save. All is well. I suggest you try playing a brand new game save and see if that helps. Good luck and if you use mods, doublecheck to see if they've been updated. If not remove them promptly and delete the localthumbcache.package.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    @GalacticGal hey thanks for the reply!

When you say create a new save what do you mean? Not start over right?!
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Well, I have restartitis, so anytime a patch or pack comes out......I start a new game :D

Maybe that's why I don't see all the bugs others do? :o

Hope you get your save and mods (not sure you use mods though) working again
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Yes, I lost two saves after the latest patch. In both saves, the game would just suddenly crash without warning
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    @GalacticGal hey thanks for the reply!

When you say create a new save what do you mean? Not start over right?!

Yeah. I have copies of my Sims in My Library in the Gallery. I clicked on the start new game arrow and set it up all over again. It fixed the problem and now I can play my game in relative peace. My one Sim was a YA, university graduate and a Global Superstar, married with two children, a toddler and an infant. I gave up a lot, but then I gained a lot, too. I keep looking at your avatar and seeing the worry in that face. Relax. I'm a writer and I know that sometimes you have to sacrifice a few chapters to get a story back on track. And sometimes a redraft is called for where you start right back on page one to alter the course. The game will play out differently, but sometimes, it's better than before.

You have to realize it's quite likely your game save is corrupted. It may even be your Sims that are corrupted. Starting all over is the cure.

Did you create a back-up prior to patching your game? That's another thing you can try, if you're greatly opposed to starting anew. Remove the current saves folder and replace it with a copy from the backup file. That way you won't lose so much of your gameplay, to get back to where you are now. And if you didn't create a back-up, remember do so from here on out prior to patching.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    My game has been incredibly buggy since Eco Lifestyle released and the recent patch just added more bugs onto that. Luckily our wonderful modders have fixed some of the worst offenders.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My game has been incredibly buggy since Eco Lifestyle released and the recent patch just added more bugs onto that. Luckily our wonderful modders have fixed some of the worst offenders.

Have you regenerated a new Sims4 game folder? Try that and see if it works. Start a new save in the new folder just to see if things are working. If so, exit the game, then put your saves folder back in and delete the localthumbcache.package. See if that works.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Only when I tried mods after the StarWars pack.. updated ones of course. My load time went up to crazy amounts .. like minutes and last exceptions started flying. I said no way and pulled out the mods, cleared cache ect.. and it's running like it use to. Still have some bugs that I had of course.. like the plants going back to seed then reblooming overnight. I've been in Batuu so much though not sure about any other problems.
    egTcBMc.png
    You have to realize it's quite likely your game save is corrupted. It may even be your Sims that are corrupted. Starting all over is the cure.

Sigh, I figured that might be the case.
    So if I back up stuff to the library (Sims, families, houses, community lots etc) and then started a new save and add them back in it's a new save file so the corruption is gone?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    Is that a tiny house? Toddler's tiny house idle anims make them to stretch (used to be so, at least)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Children are now getting uncomfortable moodlet from cheap bed but I had that before September 3rd patch. Furniture is disappearing into household inventory. My artist sims keep painting the same paintings. All after the patch before EL expansion, which I do not own. I also do not have any mods or cc.
    There are more but I have not played much this month so can't remember the others. Mostly just building and creating sims. I have had freezing in CAS since the patch. Not sure if it is the game or my computer
    I did notice sims playing games with other sims that are in another room doing something else.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    As a suggestion, I would try to refresh the Sims folder first before starting completely over in a new Save. I guess it depends on how you play and if you have family relationships you're trying to keep intact, etc.

For me, I play rotational & I have years worth of playing on specific Saves. So starting over is always a last resort for me as you lose the family ties, relationship ties, etc. I did have a corrupt file a long time ago - which I was forced to recreate and start over. So if your save file is corrupt, for sure you have to start a new save, no way around it. But if you're not sure, I'd start with refreshing the Sims folder first.

& right now, this game is a buggy mess. Hard to tell what's a true bug or if it's your game. If you play with mods, maybe take those out and see how your game plays. Could potentially be a mod issue too that's causing bugs.
    Is that a tiny house? Toddler's tiny house idle anims make them to stretch (used to be so, at least)

It's not unfortunately. That was the result of "Convince - Cook" which came from DU and the roommate system. Oddly enough I can ask the toddler to cook but they always get mad and stretch like that lol

Have you regenerated a new Sims4 game folder? Try that and see if it works. Start a new save in the new folder just to see if things are working. If so, exit the game, then put your saves folder back in and delete the localthumbcache.package. See if that works.

I'm mostly just waiting for them to be fixed. I have mods for the worst ones so it's not that bad. It will be nice to be able to have less mods at some point though. :D
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I still see...
    • Sims transporting back and forth.
    • Customers not eating meals at restaurants.
    • Plants reverting back to seeds.
    • Game can crash if I scroll too fast.
    • Chess table broken.
    • Sleep not working sometimes.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    From what I've read across the internet, the main issue isn't gameplay-related, it's with crashing. My gameplay hasn't changed at all, everything still works as it should. As far as corrupted saves go, that never happened to me until after the patch-the timing suggests that it wasn't coincidence, especially since 2 different saves crashed
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I still see...
    • Chess table broken.

I have these and also my sims won't sit down to eat or watch TV.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes! Not even my pizza will arrive anymore.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    One of my mermaids is wearing his fin on land.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I still see...
    • Chess table broken.

I have these and also my sims won't sit down to eat or watch TV.

Yes, that too. Does my head in when they all stand around the fridge eating.
    I've begun the long process of backing up my households and lots to the library 💾
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Toddlers tend to stretch when trying to do adult things that they aren't supposed to. In my game it's usually trying to use an umbrella. So that may be why asking them to cook does that.

The game has been buggy since the pre-EL patch and they haven't been fixing very many bugs per patch since. Personally I would try repairing the game via Origin before restarting, but that's because I'm playing a multigenerational rotational save and I don't want to lose anything.

I got the sims stuck in a T-pose glitch the other day for the first time. I've definitely seen an increase in sims eating in front of the fridge and they take longer to respond to my command to sit down. I haven't been back to that house in a while, but one of my artists kept walking away mid-painting to play basketball, unless I used the easel in the neighborhood instead of the one on his lot. Parents are walking away during potty training or teaching blocks, but the toddler keeps going and keeps learning. And there have been others I can't remember right now.

I'm starting to back up my game more often than I used to so I can go back to an earlier save rather than start over if I get corrupted.
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

Sigh, I figured that might be the case.
    So if I back up stuff to the library (Sims, families, houses, community lots etc) and then started a new save and add them back in it's a new save file so the corruption is gone?

Don't you already have them in your Gallery Library? Every time you create a Sim in CAS, once you hit that checkmark to add them to your game, it makes a copy of the Sim (or family) into your Library in the Gallery. I do believe when you save a build it does the same thing. If you downloaded someone else's build from the Gallery, I do believe a copy goes into your library as well. Go into you game, hit Gallery and check out your My Library and see if you've got copies of the lots and Sims you need. I would start fresh, myself. Even if you uploaded them from the corrupt game save and redownload them into a fresh save, only your households will retain their relationships. You would have to have them make friends with their neighbors all over again. And if a member has left the household, they will be as strangers. Find the original family in your My Library and go from there. They won't have anything in their personal inventories, either.

Next time, make a copy of your saves and Tray folders. Go through your computer's document files. Electronic Arts>Sims 4>saves. You should be able to click on the save and then click on copy. Paste it to your desktop. I have Windows, if you're on a Mac you're going to need someone who has a Mac to help you find your way. Do the same with your Tray. Keep it on your desktop or on a flash drive, before you update your game. Had I just made a copy of the copy I brought over from my gaming rig, I could have possibly recovered the game save I was playing. But, instead, I dragged the entire Sims4 folder onto my laptop. That was a mistake. I had no other recourse but to start anew.

I am so very sorry you're having to go through this. I lived a waking nightmare after the EL patch hit. Three whole days before I got it sorted out. Best of luck. And I pray I helped you.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I'm not sure starting over will help. The game is pretty buggy right now, they messed up a lot after Eco Lifestyle.

I don't encounter many bugs but I play on PC and use mods... and I also never updated when they released their latest patch which broke chess and the freelancer career, so they still work for me.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Seems like a lot of Simmers are experiencing problems creeping into their games. I haven't played much in the last couple of months but I did play a lot following the initial release of Eco Lifestyle and didn't notice the issues which I am coming across now like the Uncomfortable moodlets and so on.

I am hoping it doesn't become a bigger problem for me requiring clearing my saves but like others I will be backing up some of my lots and households just incase.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬