Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we get empty worlds to build up ourselves?

13...Next

Comments

• GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    Neither yes, nor no. I like how in Willows Creek, you have the different style of houses. Personally, I struggle with anything that isn't farmhouse/contemporary so the victorian-style houses are nice to have as reference/inspiration (also Pinterest for this). I already rebuilt half of Willows Creek houses and with the "motherlode" cheat, price doesn't really come to mind when I'm building lol. I love Newcrest because that's where I build all my things to put up in the gallery. I never play in the game-made houses - always my own builds - so I play Newcrest often. But I only have Seasons & Cats and Dogs so no access to other worlds. The one world I never play or build in is the desert (I don't even remember the name off-hand). Its easy to bulldoze lots and rebuild so more empty worlds aren't really necessary.
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

• GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    > @DaWaterRat said:
    > I'd be willing to pay for empty worlds - but only if we got a lot of them in the pack. I'm talking at least half a dozen, more like ten to twelve. And some additional Build/Buy assets. And this was the "finale" pack of TS4. (Create a World might be nice too.)
    >
    > Otherwise they should be free.

Oooh, create a world would be pretty cool!
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

• SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Yes, I would love to get empty worlds, but only if they are free
    Any option with additional lots will be great for me but extension of current worlds as Del Sol Valley, Newcrest, San Myshuno ect. will be enough for me.
  • LeCastelLeCastel Posts: 21 Member
    Yes, this is a no-brainer. This community has been incredibly creative for so long... the fact that they weren't (and still aren't) included with the base game is mind baffling.
  • Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    There needs to be a full Create-a-World functionality and the ability to edit and expand existing worlds. But more empty worlds are at least something.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Other, please elaborate
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    Yes, I would love an empty Granite Falls (but with more lots), with noooo shells. Newcrest is cool, but I feel pressured to blend my builds in with all the shells in the background.

Honestly, if I could get the ability to copy the landscape and lots of an existing world, with an option to not have any shells (or even any roads or parks or grills), that'd be great. And the ability to pick and choose which neighborhoods are in any given save.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other, please elaborate
    kemowery wrote: »
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    Yes, I would love an empty Granite Falls (but with more lots), with noooo shells. Newcrest is cool, but I feel pressured to blend my builds in with all the shells in the background.

Honestly, if I could get the ability to copy the landscape and lots of an existing world, with an option to not have any shells (or even any roads or parks or grills), that'd be great. And the ability to pick and choose which neighborhoods are in any given save.

THIS ^^^^

Would be awesome!

So, I've been wondering if it would possible to use the T.O.O.L mod to delete the shell houses. Has anybody tried that?
  • Cassiopeia_the_1srCassiopeia_the_1sr Posts: 1 New Member
    Other, please elaborate
    [quote="kemowery;c-17610374"]My "other" is a "yes and."

Yes, I want empty worlds. I also want to be able to create worlds from blank templates, placing any lots I want as long as they fit on the map.

I [i]also[/i] also want the maps to actually look like the world. When you go from the world maps to the individual lots, there's often very little similarity between the two. Oasis Springs is a real bugbear for me because, for a world that looks like it's mostly desert, when you actually get down to the lots in build/buy mode, it's mostly grassy lots.

My absolute ideal would be all of the above--blank templates, place your own lots, accurate world maps--with terrain placement like in The Sim 2, so that you can place trees, rocks, other stuff even outside of lots if you want, up to and including buildings that are purely decorative shells. Or you can take the time to go in and make every single house and building in the world so that there's not a single building that can't be visited and/or purchased.

Plus, as long as I'm wishing, I'd also like to be able to set things like how sunny a lot is--is it almost always sunny, always sunny, perpetually overcast, incredibly rainy, foggy in the mornings, foggy all the time, shrouded in eternal night--and how long and how severe the seasons are. I have a friend from San Diego who laments that she lives in a place that has no seasons, just perpetual summer. Which I'd be up for since I don't seem to be able to find anywhere to live where the only season is autumn. There are jokes about how summer in England is a holiday that lasts one weekend. Or maybe this world has a monsoon season where every spring or summer is almost constant rain.[/quote]

I would love if I could make my own worlds in the sims 4 like I could in the sims 2. I never had the sims 3, so I can’t compare those, but I loved how I could make it exactly how I wanted it and that I was able to place lots nearly everywhere.
    So the basics exactly like in the sims 2.

Perfect would be that there is a button to add a new world so there aren’t a lot of empty world in the menu. And while making a new one, it would be great to decide about a lot of the small things that make it into the game play.

Also great would be a road tool and a neighbourhood tool.

It’s a lot of wishing, but sometimes that just needs an output and I think here it is the most constructive.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Yes, I would love to get empty worlds and would be willing to pay for them
    Oviously I'd rather them be free but I'd buy a blank world in a Kit if I can't get it free. Yes I want more blank worlds.
    Nushka wrote: »
    They would feel too empty, there wouldn't be any decor outside the lots and too many lots would make the game files unmanageable for amny computers and prone to corruption.

When they say blank worlds they mean like Newcrest buildings in the background and empty lots to place your community lots and residential lots on.
    I'd prefer a blank world with swimmable oceans,a beach,swimmable lakes and rivers and waterfalls sims can play under.