Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game says my households and builds have CC, even though they don't

I haven't been on the forum in a while, but when I last was, I asked about how to figure out what CC was in a household or build so I could replace CC items that I have removed. I was directed to use The Sims 4 Tray Importer (which by the way is fantastic.) A few months later, I got back to the project and wrote down a list of all the removed CC that are in my items, but I started to notice a trend. Random CC items began to appear on Tray Importer, even if I was 100% sure I didn't use them. One of my most recent households was flagged as having multiple CC traits, even though I haven't had any in my game for years. I'm so confused. I'm trying to clean up everything that I've made, but this is making it a lot more difficult. Is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have uploaded homes and some Sims that have no mod or CC used at all and it say that on them, im not sure what flags it when they don't.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I've noticed the wrench too.
    I have mods and CC, but I purposely create non-CC lots to share on the gallery.
    I'm still testing what causes it. Otherwise it may be best to report it as a bug.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    edited September 2020
    Many mods can cause the wrench, like hiders (for example situational outfit hiders) , some default replacements , even some objects from debug can cause it (mine was once the craftable toilet, because from MCCC I have debugcheat always on) .

All my lots and sims have the wrench, because of the mods, if I like to upload, I take ALL mods and CC out, and then load the lot and upload.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    For builds, I think having photos count as CC...
    he/him
  • jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    Many mods can cause the wrench, like hiders (for example situational outfit hiders) , some default replacements , even some objects from debug can cause it (mine was once the craftable toilet, because from MCCC I have debugcheat always on) .

All my lots and sims have the wrench, because of the mods, if I like to upload, I take ALL mods and CC out, and then load the lot and upload.

I totally understand this, but my issue is a little different. I'm using Tray Importer, which shows you exactly which CC is in your builds/households, and it keeps showing that CC that I know for sure I never put into my item is there. I don't know why it's doing that, and it makes the process of cleaning out my CC folder a lot more difficult
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    If you are saving a house or family that doesn't have cc, you should remove your mod folder from the game entirely before you upload the lot. If you have anything in your mod folder, even if you never used it, your upload will be tagged as "cc" even if *you* didn't use any of the CC.

It also will flag it as having CC if the *only* thing you have in your mod folder is something that isn't really CC but is a gameplay mod. (That's why if you want one of Deligracy's lots you have to check the "include Custom Content" to find them even when she's deliberately only used basegame or basegame with other EP/SP/GPs and no custom content.)