March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you know you're finished the quests in Batuu?

I joined the Resistance and did lots of quests, and eventually I got the option to celebrate the win with 5 sims. But after I still have the option to do more quests, but they seems to be the same ones happening over again. does this mean I have completed the Resistance part?

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2020
    It depends what you mean by completed. I kept playing until I maxed out the resistance reputation bar thingy. But nothing special happens once you finish all the resistance quests or max the bar so if you feel like you're fed up with the resistance then maybe that's the point at which to stop.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Thank you for your reply @MaggieMarley I have maxed out the bar too, so maybe I should just move on to the next one then :)
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    That was a bit disappointing. I maxed out the bar when I worked for the First Order, I was expecting a conclusion of some sort, at least a dialogue box saying something like "Congratulations, you won, the resistance is doomed", but no. I do enjoy the pack all in all, but that was kind of a downer.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I got a notification saying congratulations - you have completed the story (or something like that) once hit level 5 - said you can continue to do missions, but yeah, they just repeat. My sim also got a dialog option to like brag about winning.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Sounds a lot like Uni graduation!
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    I got a notification saying congratulations - you have completed the story (or something like that) once hit level 5 - said you can continue to do missions, but yeah, they just repeat. My sim also got a dialog option to like brag about winning.

Was that one of the messages you get in the upper right corner? If so I must've missed it.
    @stutum - yes
    I just went back into my game for a moment to get the exact message in the notification- it is on the bottom of the last mission your sim does when your sim hits level 5: Congratulations - you have completed the First Order story mission! Continue to support the First Order by completing side missions.

There is also a message when your sim completes the aspiration: Dexter's (sim's name) loyalty to the First Order has been proven through his good work. Reward Trait: Supreme Authority - sims with Supreme Authority have an edge during fights and can show their might, encouraging other sims to back down from hostile socials with them. These sims are also less likely to die from anger.

My other sim that did the Resistance got the same notifications - only with Resistance vs First Order and a different reward trait: Heroic Presence – Heroic sims gain Charisma more easily, and can also inspire other sims with their presence.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    In the job listings there is one job usually the bottom right listing that is a story mission. Go through them and eventually you will reach the end of the story. The other jobs are just repeatable missions that will just keep popping up. I have completed the resistance and the first order stories before I reached level 5 with either.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    There is a conclusion to each faction's story arc. Scoundrels and Resistance supporters will be tasked as a mission stage to celebrate their victory. I have not backed the First Order (and won't) so I do not know how that differs.

This is not the same as maximizing influence in a faction. I finished the Resistance story before I reached top rank. I was a top rank Scoundrel before I finished the heist. Faction influence does gate some missions of the main story. Side missions remain, regardless.