Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freelancer Career broken with today's patch

2...Next

Comments

• MalkovianMalkovian Posts: 1 New Member
    Having the same issue the freelancer on PS4... all of the parts of the job are done will not complete...
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    FYI, there is a bug fix mod out for the freelancer career. I haven't personally updated, so cannot confirm if it works, however for those unopposed to mods here it is.

https://louisim-yt.tumblr.com/post/628437862619201536/this-is-a-mod-that-fixes-the-freelancer-career-in
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    yep this is annoying, instead of bringing out stupid packs that majority of us dont want- fix the problems in the game. I went to have freelancer writer as a hubby for my celeb wife and....doesnt complete. such a let down.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Oh dear this is going to cause me a few problems!

Does anyone know if it's been resolved yet? I only updated yesterday.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    @Ayeffen I am going to try it out today. I'll report back soon.
  • Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    @Ayeffen Nope. Still broken. Job won't complete. :(
  • dragontrainer58dragontrainer58 Posts: 4 New Member
    not only is it the freelance but also the missions in star wars pack that requires doing more than 1 thing i.e compiling info fragments into a report
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Peapond69 wrote: »
    @Ayeffen Nope. Still broken. Job won't complete. :(

Now it's been mentioned I did notice that my Sims crafting job didn't complete but I got distracted and didn't investigate it properly. 😟

Hope they sort it out soon otherwise it sort of ruins quite a bit of all the fabrication work.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    well. At least now you know if they decide to fix it you'll be able to enjoy their hilarious quip about it in the patch notes :D
  • way2goofy430way2goofy430 Posts: 2 New Member
    as of today it is not fixed. i spent all day trying to figure it out. because i have never played freelance programmer and thought i was doing something wrong.
  • freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    oct 1 still not working for me hope it gets fixed soon
  • ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    So that's what's going on. I was wondering why my Freelance programmer got stiffed by her client on her first gig. I thought I had failed to do the right tasks in the right order, but if it's a bug in the game, that's something else again.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    oct 1 still not working for me hope it gets fixed soon

Me too :'(
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Please fix freelance jobs.....single mom needs to be home working....😫😫😫
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    it's really a bad look when you have these significant bugs (freelancer and NAPs) and largely crickets from the dev team. C'mon! Is it that hard to give a rip about your consumers/fans!?!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    They care. They just won't announce a fix before they have one. These are known issues. That means they are being worked on. Be patient.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    They care. They just won't announce a fix before they have one. These are known issues. That means they are being worked on. Be patient.

How about a deal: We are patient with the bugs and are patient to take our money?
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I really hope they fix this soon, I know there's a mod to help, but I hope they fix it and I can use one less mod to fix the bugs and maybe finally enable my EL pack again, I really wanted my candle maker, she was gonna do the Freelance Crafter, I know I could with mod but just shouldn't have to
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited October 2020
    There is nothing entitled about expecting bug fixes or expecting Maxis to stop breaking things with every patch. If modders can fix this, Maxis can.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited October 2020
    There is nothing entitled about expecting bug fixes or expecting Maxis to stop breaking things with every patch. If modders can fix this, Maxis can.

Exactly.
    If you have all the dlc you have spent over £700 on the sims 4 and it’s not even finished. You have earned the right to complain. That’s not entitlement, that’s expecting a product you have purchased to work as advertised. There are too many people who take criticism of this game as an attack on them and I can’t understand why. My Husband is a game dev, I don’t care who criticises the games he makes, I have criticisms of them at times. A criticism of the game isn’t an attack on him personally so I don’t get upset about it.

It doesn’t give the right to be personally attacking game devs but I haven’t saw that here. I agree people absolutely have the right to talk about bug fixes and be upset when a bug STILL isn’t fixed especially when it’s been a long term problem. Mods shouldn’t be the answer.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Just because EA knows about a bug doesn't mean they're going to fix it. Look at all the bugs Maxis left in Sims 2 and Sims 3, leaving the games unplayable for most without some type of mods to fix them. Why on earth would anyone think that fixing bugs is a priority for Sims 4? The players need to let the devs know that the bugs are unacceptable. But the devs also know that modders will fix the issues -- the biggest problem with that approach is that consoles also need the bug fixes now.
  • ObiwanxKannoliObiwanxKannoli Posts: 19 Member
    The freelancer career is still broken on xbox, after completing the tasks and turning it in you never get paid and the job doesn't go away. It'll go past the time and nothing, won't even consider it failed unless you get rid of it yourself. Very frustrating since I have several Sims who were freelancers.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Just because EA knows about a bug doesn't mean they're going to fix it. Look at all the bugs Maxis left in Sims 2 and Sims 3, leaving the games unplayable for most without some type of mods to fix them. Why on earth would anyone think that fixing bugs is a priority for Sims 4? The players need to let the devs know that the bugs are unacceptable. But the devs also know that modders will fix the issues -- the biggest problem with that approach is that consoles also need the bug fixes now.

They have our money and we are faceless nobody's to them.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2020
    This is the first time I attempted to play the freelance career on PC, and it doesn't work.

Freelance photographer was the big selling point of the MOSCHINO STUFF pack wasn't it? I hope they fix this bug soon, because I get the impression that many fans are having 'the one more straw before the already overloaded camel's back breaks' feeling.

Personally, I am trying to stick it out with Sims 4. I held off on buying the last 3 packs, and only caved and bought them, because this last sale allowed me to grab a decent bundle price. I am even having a good time with the cursed ECO pack thanks to a mod, of course.🙄 Yesterday, I briefly found myself actually excited for the upcoming pack... but then I ran into this, and I am feeling a bit done again.

Even if the next pack is totally up my alley, which is a longshot, unless it is followed with an immediate patch to fix this bug and all the new ones, that we all sadly know will be included with the new pack, I am going to pass until it gets a fix.

Also feeling pretty strongly against continuing this series into Sims 5, which is sad considering I was the weirdo that happily took a day off work and waited in front of Best Buy on the release of Sims 1, all by myself I might add, since alot of gamers hadn't heard of Sims 1 yet... Those were the good old days. ☺️