Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Wish there was????

feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I wish there was an option on houses apartments etc in build mode or live mode to select the house apartment as NOT Available. so other sims cant move in unless the player unselects it. I started a brand new game and moved my sim into Willow creek. deleted all sims I mean all sims. within minutes of playing my sim, brand new sims appeared and all the houses were full. I want him to live in all my neighbourhoods but I don't want my game logged down with tons of sims that I wont be playing. I kept four houses in each neighbourhood and bulldozed the rest. It would have been easier with a toggle to Not Available or IsAvailable.

What about you, what little thing would you wish for.
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    A "simple, little thing"? For me that means something like the ability to fit appliances under counter. The only appliance that fits under counters is the dishwasher. Everything else is standalone and I find that to be very unfortunate. Even the dishwasher doesn't fit under the counter as it did in, say, TS2 where the counters covered the sides. In TS4, I find myself trying to hide the bare sides of dishwashers in my build because they're ugly.

Another small thing: I wish that Sims didn't go out of their way to stand so far away from each other when they speak. Sims who are close together when not speaking will go out of their way to separate so that they can speak. It makes no sense. I wish that the animators had done better.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2020
    @feetinstockings I had to do 2 things to keep Sims from moving into vacant homes in my game.
    1) Go into Options and turn off the "fill empty homes" button.
    2) Within MCCC, adjust a bunch of settings. There's one to stop teen Sims from moving out on their own, one to adjust the number of homeless Sims allowed, and another to stop married Sims and Sims with babies from moving into new homes.

Anyway, it works for me and I can have a bunch of vacant homes now that actually stay vacant!
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I think the simplest thing that bugs me is nonsensical routing that can happen, especially on large lots.

You place in things like ladders and fire escapes mainly for completing the look - not because I want my Sim to leave the house, scale three stories on the outside of the building in order to go from their kitchen to their bedroom. 🙄

Strategically placed and subtle barriers can stop this but still gets on my nerves.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I wish that we could set lot traits, eco footprint and naps from the map view.
    I had been setting a new save and it's kind of boring to have to go to build mode in every build/neighbourhood to set this stuff...
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    One small option I would like to have is the ability to edit the lighting colour and dimness in Build/Buy mode.

To me it’s non sensical that I can change the time of day to see what my build looks like from morning till midnight, but I‘m forced to go into live mode in order to change the actual colour of my light sources. I never understood the logic behind this.
  • wilsonstonewilsonstone Posts: 18 Member
    I wish they still had burglars. I miss that.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    @feetinstockings I had to do 2 things to keep Sims from moving into vacant homes in my game.
    2) Within MCCC, adjust a bunch of settings. There's one to stop teen Sims from moving out on their own, one to adjust the number of homeless Sims allowed, and another to stop married Sims and Sims with babies from moving into new homes.

Anyway, it works for me and I can have a bunch of vacant homes now that actually stay vacant!
    The mod free way to do this is to set the number of bedrooms and bathrooms to 0 for houses you want to keep vacant. Actually learned that from MCCC’s documentation.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    If we are talking about small things, I really wish you could teach toddlers nursery rhymes. That is actually adorable.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I wish sims had fears.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    In build mode, I'd like the ability to go to another lot (still in build mode) without having to save and exit to main menu
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    The ability to pay repairmen to do upgrades. Oh, and story progression.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Little thing? Not sure about little. I want fear!
    I guess if I had to pick something little I'd like makeup to appear the same when you make the sim. I get kind of tired of looking up the same lipstick, blush and eyeliner across all outfits. It would be easier to click an x to remove it now and then.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Little thing? Not sure about little. I want fear!
    I guess if I had to pick something little I'd like makeup to appear the same when you make the sim. I get kind of tired of looking up the same lipstick, blush and eyeliner across all outfits. It would be easier to click an x to remove it now and then.

Yes I would like that too, or maybe a check box to mark it for ALL outfits. The only time I ever change my person's make-up when making a sim is for formal wear, I'll make them have more dramatic eyeshadow and lips. Otherwise all of the other outfits use the same makeup
    In build mode, I'd like the ability to go to another lot (still in build mode) without having to save and exit to main menu

Great idea! I would like that as well!
    One small option I would like to have is the ability to edit the lighting colour and dimness in Build/Buy mode.

To me it’s non sensical that I can change the time of day to see what my build looks like from morning till midnight, but I‘m forced to go into live mode in order to change the actual colour of my light sources. I never understood the logic behind this.

That bugs the holy hell-o out of me too!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I wish we had zodiac signs
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I miss having to water the houseplants!
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    For the love of god can I please have the game remember the “Show Custom Content” checkbox in my Library? You know, so I don’t have to tick it every time. I think that’s simple enough. Is it really so much to ask?
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    The OP needs MCCC. Anyway my wish is not little. I wish we had CAW!
  • GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    > @wilsonstone said:
    > I wish they still had burglars. I miss that.

It'd make the "Lock the door" option a heck of a lot more useful lol
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

IceyJ wrote: »
    The ability to pay repairmen to do upgrades. Oh, and story progression.

Very neat idea on the upgrades. I suppose there is some virtue in keeping them as unlockables in return for hard work but sometimes I do wish I could just debug it. 😂
    1NraNSJ.png
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wish there was an underwater world for my mermaids to explore </3
    Justin wrote: »

But they're sick of swimming, ready to stand.

😉
    1NraNSJ.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Justin wrote: »

Oh yes please, that sounds so cool. I feel like mermaids in TS4 really need something unique. They aren't all that fun right now.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

I like to see who my game will make so I don't have to, it surprises me on what sims it makes.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    peragogo wrote: »

The mod free way to do this is to set the number of bedrooms and bathrooms to 0 for houses you want to keep vacant. Actually learned that from MCCC’s documentation.

I didn't know that, I wasn't sure if teh game actually took notice of numbe of bedrooms. Thank you. I will start fresh, my hoods do look empty.
    Thank you. i dont use mods. so Thank you so much.