Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love Nifty Knitting!

I'm a little late to the party, but I love nifty knitting! There's something so relaxing about watching my sims knit together. My only wish is that we had even more stuff to knit. I love all the knittables! <3

Anyone else still excited for knitting?

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm a little late to the party, but I love nifty knitting! There's something so relaxing about watching my sims knit together. My only wish is that we had even more stuff to knit. I love all the knittables! <3

Anyone else still excited for knitting?

Me! I do't have it yet but it's one of the packs I've looked most forward to, I love everything in it! I can't wait until I can get it
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    I love it, too. My Sim seems to find the most interesting places to sit while knitting, too. Teenagers. LOL

MwJyR5v.jpg

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • My favourite stuff pack by far. Absolutely love it!! It’s really therapeutic to sit and knit and my sims like it too. Apart from the ones that keep getting bored of it. 😅
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I love it too, and I didn't even vote for it. As soon as my sim knitted that adorable mailbox, I couldn't wait for them to make more stuff. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2020
    No I wouldn’t say I’m excited. But I will say I like having more activities for my Sims to do at home and it’s very convenient to just plop a basket in their inventory and they will autonomously knit stuff. Then, I just click on the inventory and sell it. I thought I’d never use actual knitting but I have and I’m surprised at that. It’s possible I would’ve liked any new at-home passive activity though.

I still forgot to try out the rocking chairs. I have to get on that.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I love it. Same with Laundry. It's stuff used everyday, which is what I want more of. Hobbies and daily things to fill up a whole sim day.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I love it too! I'm currently knitting socks irl so it's great to see my sims knit socks and then be able to proudly wear them :)

I play on a very large rotation, so none of my sims have yet gotten further than knitting mailboxes, but I am looking forward to being able to knit sweaters. I want that special sweater with the pom poms on!
  • What I also like is unlike some other skills for some reason gaining this skill doesn’t feel nearly as much of a grind. I’m going to assume it’s just because it’s something I really enjoy rather than Sims gain it faster than other skills. But it’s appreciated. Ah I could gush about this pack all day! 🤣🙈
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    What I also like is unlike some other skills for some reason gaining this skill doesn’t feel nearly as much of a grind. I’m going to assume it’s just because it’s something I really enjoy rather than Sims gain it faster than other skills. But it’s appreciated. Ah I could gush about this pack all day! 🤣🙈
    I also like that you can gain cooking at the same time! I get my sims to watch the cooking channel on tv and then start knitting something and both skills go up at once.
  • Yes!! Or any channel you gain skills from the TV like comedy. It’s very handy and versatile plus who doesn’t like Lil Grim? 🤣😭 move over baby Yoda it’s all about Lil Grim now!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love it too! And i never thought i would 🤣 it's super relaxing and i love how sims look through the windows when they're knitting near by...
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    *waves hand* I like this pack, too! Problem is to avoid giving that yarn basket to every sim in my game :) I admit it's a small thing, but it blends so perfectly with everyday life, and I also love that a family can have say the floor rug that granny crafted when she was still not married. It adds history to my homes in a slightly new way. Photo walls are fine, but walking on granny's rug every day is even better :)

Also like Plopsy a lot more than I expected. It's cool to be able to buy crafted items without needing to build up skills.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Yes!! Or any channel you gain skills from the TV like comedy. It’s very handy and versatile plus who doesn’t like Lil Grim? 🤣😭 move over baby Yoda it’s all about Lil Grim now!

Oh, my sims are not skilled enough to craft toys yet, I had totally forgotten about toys! It's the price to pay for playing on rotation, it takes a few sim years to build the knitting skill...
  • StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    edited September 2020
    Plopsy is actually a lot cooler than I thought (apart from a bug I have where I can’t post things that I have a buyer for at the moment. Clicking the option just does nothing) but with the candlemaker being such a pain in the butt (I still haven’t worked out how to start that or gotten enough things to even begin investigating that fully) I was able to have a look at end result candles which was cool. I’m glad there wasn’t hoops like that to jump through.
    Regarding buying knitted items from Plopsy or knitting items yourself, when it says "Add Item To Wardrobe", what does that do exactly? Does it change your saved outfits or...?
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Regarding buying knitted items from Plopsy or knitting items yourself, when it says "Add Item To Wardrobe", what does that do exactly? Does it change your saved outfits or...?

It simply unlocks the item in CAS, making it available to you if you like to add it to any outfit of your household. Nothing is added automatically. I like that only the one knitted/bought swatch gets unlocked, it makes the item feel a tiny bit unique.

It simply unlocks the item in CAS, making it available to you if you like to add it to any outfit of your household. Nothing is added automatically. I like that only the one knitted/bought swatch gets unlocked, it makes the item feel a tiny bit unique.

Interesting. And it’s just unlocked for that particular household?

Yupp :)

Not sure what happens when a household splits or a sim moves out, though. Might get unlocked to both.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Nifty knitting is amazing! I love the pack so so so so much. It is my favorite pack. Not just stuff pack, but from all of the packs we got.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I stopped following the progress of it's development once it won. :#
    I didn't know what was in it until videos started going up.
    Once Journey to Batuu came out I figure why not buy it too.

The objects look really cute.
    I will see how I feel about knitting later. I have a lot of sims.
    I'm sure someone will be a perfect match for a knitting hobby.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Chazzzy wrote: »

Yupp :)

Not sure what happens when a household splits or a sim moves out, though. Might get unlocked to both.

I think it only unlocks while the sims are in the household. If the mum knits and unlocks all the items for example, and the child grows up and you move them into their own household I think you need that child sim to learn and unlock them. Don’t quote me on it though as I haven’t actually tested it yet. I have my sims’ lives set to “long” and boy is raising a family this way long indeed!! 😂😅
  • StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    edited September 2020
    As for the objects themselves I love the swatch colours and this cluttered, pastel cutesy design it’s by far my favourite looking set of items. I’m a very cluttered person and it’s nice to see shelves and desks looking “lived in” and not clinically bare. The peach/orange swatch is my favourite but I love using the pinkish greenish white ones for my creative children/teens.

Ugh man I love this pack so much! 🤣🙈 And I would love some build/buy styled items to match to make a really cute, colourful pastel arts and crafty house or cottage.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Conflicted here. I like the stuff and knitting. I don't like pastels. So every knitter gets either the brown or black knit kits and most of the furniture doesn't get used. The clothes and boots are everywhere in my knit game now though.
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    I haven't actually bought it yet. But I have watched gameplay, and I want to tell the simgurus that I was very impressed with how the gameplay elements turned out. It's immediately obvious to anyone who read or contributed to thread asking ideas that the simgurus paid close attention to the responses. Everything in the gameplay seems to be influenced by something discussed and upvoted in that thread.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited September 2020
    I like it. Not all of the stuff actually appeals to me but I definitely have some knitting sims. It is good for sims who are more like homebodies needing something to do. I had the Elderberry grandmother knitting out on a bench, I might have the grandson learn as well.

I do like having more hobbies. Not all of these colors are my style but it's a nice pack and that was the style that won.

If they want to add more to knit in the future, I would be interested.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.