Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how terrifying the infected sims from Strangerville are?

**SPOILER WARNING FOR THE STRANGERVILLE STORY**

It had been a while since I played through Strangerville, and I wanted to do it again. I opened up the first door in the Secret Lab, and obviously had my sim try to walk through the spores and get infected so I could have a bit of a laugh. But instead, I noticed how the infected sims are actually really scary...
PPwFSQp.png
funny-gifs20.gif

Comments

• Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    I recall the first time I went through the Strangerville story, they creeped me out, but when I was on the final stage my sim rounded the corner by the Strangerville bar to the alleyway, there were 5 infected sims all heading towards me, doing their creepy insect walk in sync with one another, all chattering away. Now that wasn't creepy, it was terrifying.

I also find the vines 'schlorping' their way out of the toilets so creepy too...especially if your sim had been sitting down and they just barely manage to stand up in time. Eeeeek.
  • Jess_KimbaJess_Kimba Posts: 20 Member
    They are super creepy. Someone on reddit posted a video where they had an infected sim in a little cell with a viewing window and it was legitimate horror movie stuff. I love it.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I bought this pack because military career, CAS and buy mode. Made the quest once. Now I have a mod to remove this. I have multiple saves and i was not in the mood to do the quest over and over again. And I find it creepy. The walk and the eyes.. all the squirm ohh noo :#:D
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Awesome idea for a thread!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited September 2020
    I love the infection :) And it's not really a problem keeping it as sims will get full bars before they get up in the morning, and they can live normal life during the day. In fact, I have not yet tried to stop the infection, but guess I should do that at one point just to play through that story.

8627df46b0fa6e54d89604362a5e82ad08b0a503.jpg

In my game Ted Rossell is Lord of Acres. He is a member of the RIGHT party, and StrangerVille's Hood Contact. Here is the group photo of all candidates from the RIGHT party taken just before the previous election. Makes me laugh, as everyone but Ted managed to stand still.

040da6e2df077be1a54c0ff54577925c049efe1c.jpg

Ted is not your typical Hood Contact, though...

(Yes, I normally take group photos like this in the night, to avoid some running off to go to work or school).
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    oh yea I try avoid looking at them at times when I like to camera roam the beautiful neighborhood while my sims sleep or are busy. lol
    Do you guys silently scream inside? I do.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020
    They are pretty scary, I don't understand why all other sims are acting so normal around them...

Fun fact, they don't run if there is a fire on the lot.

7e7DF1s.jpg
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I think they did an amazing job designing the infected/possessed Sims in Strangerville! Definitely something worth bringing back to talk about. I have not played through Strangerville yet but I am still expecting to have a blast when I finally get there.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Gib a mermaid the shark teeth and then infect him/her. It willgive you nightmares. Aliens look freaky infected as well because of their head and eye shape. Strangerville is my 2nd favorite pack after Vampires.
  • Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    It's not just the walk either. When you try talking to them, their head just lolls to the side like their neck is broken, and then just suddenly snaps into place leaning forward far far too close to be comfortable and just staring into your sims eyes.
    Yeesh
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I love it when they suddenly start running!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Gib a mermaid the shark teeth and then infect him/her. It willgive you nightmares. Aliens look freaky infected as well because of their head and eye shape. Strangerville is my 2nd favorite pack after Vampires.

What a beautiful idea!! I'm so glad you suggested this!

I love StrangerVille. I actually don't want to solve the mystery because I like having a town full of crazy. <3
    #Team Occult
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    It's not just the walk either. When you try talking to them, their head just lolls to the side like their neck is broken, and then just suddenly snaps into place leaning forward far far too close to be comfortable and just staring into your sims eyes.
    Yeesh

Don't they slap your sim in one of the interactions with them? lolol I think it's "talk reason" in the pie menu.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have long running stories about possession/infection that has very little to do with the story line of Strangerville. It is just creepy good fun. It's one of the things that makes it a favorite pack of mine.
    egTcBMc.png
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    edited September 2020
    @LiELF you can always tell when I am on my phone. Sorry about the awful spelling. 😹 Anyway I have pics but this stupid Windows update is taking forever. If I can get back on my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 computer I will post them.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I absolutely love Strangerville.

I played through it fully once and have a few households there in my new rotation so it is very slow this time round. My one sim opened the lab door and let the spores out so I'm currently in that early stage with the vines creeping out the plumbing.

Freaks me out (nicely) when a sim is in the shower tub and suddenly squeals and jumps out as the vines pop up :D

My neighbourhood welcome party were 3 possessed sims. Not much conversation going on there lol.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

I'm just gonna leave possessed Vlad here...

<snip>

And that was how I discovered that if a vampire drinks from an infected sim, they become infected too.

Woah, that's awesome. I've never had a vampire feed on an infected sim before.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Just because it's timely...
    KB80XLn.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    edited September 2020
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »

Oh, yikes! They're coming from the sea!!

It's like a Lovecraftian nightmare.
    #Team Occult
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Just because it's timely...
    KB80XLn.png

I can't stop laughing at this!
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I lovd strangerville. Bizzare fruit is the best way to ''cheat'' your needs, very handy if you have a large household.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Can’t remember much of when I played through the pack after I got it, just that I didn’t defeat the mother and so I gave up.

A funny moment for me was after getting Eco lifestyle and having my new sim rummage for food, fishing up a bizzare fruit and eating it. I had forgotten what they do to your sim and for the rest of that sim week she ran around possessed and all I could think was “how do I fix this without going to strangerville?”
    Had to cheat it away...
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Welcome to Strangerville...
    08-17-20_10-23-27%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

The guy in the floral shirt looks fairly normal here, but was also infected. So, my couple were greeted by only infected sims.