Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do you want for improved traits

LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
i would them to have more special interactions based on there traits or for them to already to come with some of the skills becuase of the traits or have them gain friendiships faster becuase there traits are simailar ot even dislike each other if there traits are not simailr
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I definitely want my Sims to act according to the nature of their Traits, else why have them?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    They need to not be over powered by emotions.
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    I've had a sim with the 'evil' trait have a pristine reputation! So the evil trait definitely needs some work done. More evilness required!
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    They need to not be over powered by emotions.

i want it not to be so simailar to the sims 3 (the emoitions) but not simailr to the sims 4 like i want it to be equal
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I'd like for the traits we have to actually MEAN something. I feel it doesn't matter what traits a sim has, they will all act the same. An evil sim will give you the laugh and be happy of other sims are miserable, and that's it. A puddle of water on the floor will make ALL sims get an uncomfortable moodlet, not just Neat sims. All sims will be obsessed with cleaning up dishes and taking out the trash, not just Neat sims.

Oh and we need Fear.
  • AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    I’d like for traits to dictate how they emotionally react to situations and such. Like hot headed sims react to situations that normally make sims sad with anger and such
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m actually pretty happy with the trait system. I just want more traits to choose from, and the ability to assign more traits to a Sim.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2020
    There are way too many positive traits in TS4. The following are offputting or outright negative traits that I'd love to see spicing up the game:

The Shy trait. These Sims will never interrupt strangers or intrude on a private conversation. They're happiest with people that they know well. They prefer formal introductions. Anyone who simply walks up to them and starts chatting is immediately suspect.

The Sloppy trait. These Sims don't make beds, won't do dishes, and they have no problem using a stopped up toilet until it's almost ready to overflow. They simply don't care how messy their homes are. Toys, dirty clothes, dirty diapers, it's all good. If a visitor is offended by the ambiance, well, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya!

The Evil trait. These Sims hold grudges, rub their hands in glee when an enemy dies, and would fight a smart mouth kid if they have to. They'll steal your mail and leave bags of poop on your doorstep if you cross them. These Sims are best ignored if you can help it because they're only itching for a reason to declare a lifelong feud.

The Practical trait. These Sims are less likely to panic during a fire and more apt to solve a problem while everyone else is still scratching their heads. They're the ones who'll point out that the batteries in the smoke alarm need changing, a rug is too close to the fireplace, or that there needs to be a fence around your pool. If the handrails are missing on your front steps, they'll report you to the city council for code violations. These types of people are very smart and generally helpful. Yet, their practicality can sometimes be as annoying as it is useful.

The Fashion Fan. These Sims love to shop and to shop often. Their homes are littered with fashion magazines. They will never repeat an outfit during a five-day period. They must buy a new wardrobe each season -- out with the old, in with the new. If they live in town, they never miss Fashion Week. These Sims work really hard to support their clothing (and shoe!) addiction. However, they sometimes have trouble making rent or mortgage payments. It doesn't matter how ugly an outfit is, if it has a hefty price tag and a designer label, they'll rock it. And they'll know that they look danged good doing it. They'll drop anything if there's a sample sale. And I mean anything.

The Neurotic Sim is easily stressed and a bit pessimistic. If they're having a bad day, they need their massage cushion and a strong cup of tea with a little splash of somethin', somethin' to set them right again. Talking it out with a patient friend is helpful, too.

The Hypochondriac. These Sims don't feel good unless they believe that something is seriously wrong with them (or someone else).

The Bully. These children or teens make things interesting among the younger set. However, they're not bad kids, not really. If shown the error of their ways, they're capable of change. The ones who don't, however, will grow up to be Evil Sims.

The Peacemaker, someone who doesn't like strife and tries to mitigate it whenever possible. If they can't they'll remove themselves from the disturbance.

The Homebody. These Sims love all things that allow them to stay at home. That includes self-employment, creating specialty beers, weaving, pottery, sculpting, etc. They're interested in creating a home that is as comfortable and welcoming as possible because they like to entertain -- at home. If they do leave the house, they're a bit uneasy until they return home.

The Town Gossip. The title speaks for itself. Any Sim who has this trait has a lot to say. Never tell this Sim your secrets or trust them with your dreams. They simply can't help themselves. There are two types, the malicious gossip and the gossip who simply likes to chit chat and wants to feel as if they're on the inside track. The malicious gossip can start an anonymous gossip blog or start a gossipy rag newspaper. The gossip who simply likes to feel like a part of something can be convinced not to spread gossip for fear of being disliked. However, they may occasionally slip. The malicious gossiper won't care what you think of them.

The Non-cook. A kitchen? What's that?! These Sims don't need anything more than a fridge for leftovers and a microwave to warm them in. They've got every local takeout joint on speed dial. They love a sit-down dinner at restaurants as well. Some of these Sims are proud of their lack of culinary skills. They wear their badge with honor. Others simply aren't good at cooking no matter how hard they try. Whenever they attempt to cook, things inevitably go wrong. They're not above inviting friends to dinner and hiding the takeout boxes. The offspring of these types of Sims learn to eat at their friends' homes (a lot!) Or, they learn to cook out of sheer self-preservation. Chances are higher than normal that a non-cook might have a spouse who is a spectacular cook or a child who grows up to be a Chef.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would love all the personality traits from Sims 3 to be in Sims 4.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    There are way too many positive traits in TS4. The following are offputting or outright negative traits that I'd love to see spicing up the game:

The Shy trait. These Sims will never interrupt strangers or intrude on a private conversation. They're happiest with people that they know well. They prefer formal introductions. Anyone who simply walks up to them and starts chatting is immediately suspect.

The Sloppy trait. These Sims don't make beds, won't do dishes, and they have no problem using a stopped up toilet until it's almost ready to overflow. They simply don't care how messy their homes are. Toys, dirty clothes, dirty diapers, it's all good. If a visitor is offended by the ambiance, well, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya!

The Evil trait. These Sims hold grudges, rub their hands in glee when an enemy dies, and would fight a smart mouth kid if they have to. They'll steal your mail and leave bags of poop on your doorstep if you cross them. These Sims are best ignored if you can help it because they're only itching for a reason to declare a lifelong feud.

The Practical trait. These Sims are less likely to panic during a fire and more apt to solve a problem while everyone else is still scratching their heads. They're the ones who'll point out that the batteries in the smoke alarm need changing, a rug is too close to the fireplace, or that there needs to be a fence around your pool. If the handrails are missing on your front steps, they'll report you to the city council for code violations. These types of people are very smart and generally helpful. Yet, their practicality can sometimes be as annoying as it is useful.

The Fashion Fan. These Sims love to shop and to shop often. Their homes are littered with fashion magazines. They will never repeat an outfit during a five-day period. They must buy a new wardrobe each season -- out with the old, in with the new. If they live in town, they never miss Fashion Week. These Sims work really hard to support their clothing (and shoe!) addiction. However, they sometimes have trouble making rent or mortgage payments. It doesn't matter how ugly an outfit is, if it has a hefty price tag and a designer label, they'll rock it. And they'll know that they look danged good doing it. They'll drop anything if there's a sample sale. And I mean anything.

The Neurotic Sim is easily stressed and a bit pessimistic. If they're having a bad day, they need their massage cushion and a strong cup of tea with a little splash of somethin', somethin' to set them right again. Talking it out with a patient friend is helpful, too.

The Hypochondriac. These Sims don't feel good unless they believe that something is seriously wrong with them (or someone else).

The Bully. These children or teens make things interesting among the younger set. However, they're not bad kids, not really. If shown the error of their ways, they're capable of change. The ones who don't, however, will grow up to be Evil Sims.

The Peacemaker, someone who doesn't like strife and tries to mitigate it whenever possible. If they can't they'll remove themselves from the disturbance.

The Homebody. These Sims love all things that allow them to stay at home. That includes self-employment, creating specialty beers, weaving, pottery, sculpting, etc. They're interested in creating a home that is as comfortable and welcoming as possible because they like to entertain -- at home. If they do leave the house, they're a bit uneasy until they return home.

The Town Gossip. The title speaks for itself. Any Sim who has this trait has a lot to say. Never tell this Sim your secrets or trust them with your dreams. They simply can't help themselves. There are two types, the malicious gossip and the gossip who simply likes to chit chat and wants to feel as if they're on the inside track. The malicious gossip can start an anonymous gossip blog or start a gossipy rag newspaper. The gossip who simply likes to feel like a part of something can be convinced not to spread gossip for fear of being disliked. However, they may occasionally slip. The malicious gossiper won't care what you think of them.

The Non-cook. A kitchen? What's that?! These Sims don't need anything more than a fridge for leftovers and a microwave to warm them in. They've got every local takeout joint on speed dial. They love a sit-down dinner at restaurants as well. Some of these Sims are proud of their lack of culinary skills. They wear their badge with honor. Others simply aren't good at cooking no matter how hard they try. Whenever they attempt to cook, things inevitably go wrong. They're not above inviting friends to dinner and hiding the takeout boxes. The offspring of these types of Sims learn to eat at their friends' homes (a lot!) Or, they learn to cook out of sheer self-preservation. Chances are higher than normal that a non-cook might have a spouse who is a spectacular cook or a child who grows up to be a Chef.

Holy Wow! I would LOVE that if those were ever implemented!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Lief wrote: »
    i would them to have more special interactions based on there traits or for them to already to come with some of the skills becuase of the traits/b] or have them gain friendiships faster becuase there traits are simailar ot even dislike each other if there traits are not simailr
    The stuff in bold I want, the stuff not in bold I defiitely do NOT want.

I don't want to see it affect relationships in any way, unless it's that outgoing social sims gain relationships faster and flirty romantic sims gain romance faster, but that's it and that would be with anyone, not just similar traited sims.

but more optional interactions yes, and coming with skills yes.

• kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    I miss how the traits in TS3 would change the gameplay. Like if you had the Natural Cook trait, you wouldn't accidentally start fires in the kitchen.

I'd like to see a lot of traits, positive and negative, and for each of those traits to do something that will make the sim play differently than one without the trait--maybe extra or different interactions, or it changes their default behavior and how they react to certain stimuli, or if it just gives an emotional boost, it's a big enough boost that it really changes gameplay.

I'd also like an increasing number of traits throughout life. One as a child, two as a teenager, three as a young adult, four as an adult, and five as an elder. And an extra one if and when your sim completes university.

Holy Wow! I would LOVE that if those were ever implemented!

Thanks! I'm glad that you enjoyed my ideas. :)

Unfortunately, TS4 seems to be vehemently anti-personality. The Sims within the game are universally lacking in any kind of flavor. What made TS2 so great (and to a lesser extent, TS3), the Sims actually had opinions and motivations. The teams made an actual attempt to simulate personalities for them. I expected to see further improvement in a fourth installation. The opposite has happened.

For the players who love a blank slate, great. You've had an autonomy toggle for over a decade. For the rest of us, the initial intention of the series was as a life simulator.

Please let me be clear. It doesn't matter what is being simulated -- the most mundane family with 2.5 kids, a dog, a house in the 'burbs, and a minivan ora family of Vamps, Werewolves, Ghosts, Plant Sims, Spellcasters, Aliens, Mermaids, and Fairies all trying to live their best or most wicked lives. The point of the game should be to breathe life into them. In that respect, for me, TS4 has largely failed. Aspirations and traits are now being used as mini gameplay guides.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I'm incredibly disappointed and frustrated that we still need to discuss personality and the lack thereof more than six years post-launch. If the EA/Maxis really hears us, where is the simulation?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Cynna You should really copy/paste your entire post over on the feedback section. EA_LeeLoo stated that she did post feedback from that thread back to the sims team.

I know it's probably too late for anything like that to be implemented into TS4 at this late stage, but maybe it would give them inspiration and a good base to work off of for TS5.
    @Cynna You should really copy/paste your entire post over on the feedback section. EA_LeeLoo stated that she did post feedback from that thread back to the sims team.

I know it's probably too late for anything like that to be implemented into TS4 at this late stage, but maybe it would give them inspiration and a good base to work off of for TS5.

Thank you for the suggestion. Yet, I have posted in that thread and many others of the years. If they don't understand what I and others are saying they never will.

If what we're asking for is impossible with the current engine, the developers should simply say so and call it a day.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I want the Sims team to actually realize what exactly a "trait" is.

"Vegetarian" is not a trait. "Cat", "Dog", and "Animal lover" aren't traits. Liking animals isn't a personality trait.

Also, bring back basically all the traits from TS3 AND give us more than just 3 slots for young adults. Kids only get one! ONE. There should be at least SIX (6) trait slots for adults.

Remember traits like "brave", "absent minded", "coward", "unlucky", "adventurous", "rebel", "daredevil" and "disciplined"? And SO many more. None of this "bro" or "insider".

Sims in TS4 don't have personalities and that's it. They're all the same. They all act the same and the traits don't affect their actions at all.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I want more slots for traits per sim, at least 5. I also want them to be more reactive though I do like being able to make more subtle sims. I don't want them all to act the same.

A bookworm should gain more fun from reading than TV. A sim who is outgoing should be different than a loner.

I do use more positive traits but yes, more variation would be appreciated.

I'd actually want more ways for them to react to situations. It's also not the subject but I do want overhauls both for romance and death so that sims seem to feel more. If a sim's father dies off the lot, when I go back to play them, they should be sad and think about their father.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.