Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone use the harvest stands from monte visto?

thinking of buying they look interesting

can you sell the milk, honey, fruit & veg you grow on your homelot at them? if i place one on my front garden for example i can stock it with my stuff and have passerbys get their homemade milk and honey etc?
ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Yes, you can use the fruit stand on your lot, I do.=) But I never see any sims actually come to it, it kind of just sells like the consignment shop does.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    There is a mod that works similarly to it, try it first, it could save you some money.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Produce-Stand
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    There is a mod that works similarly to it, try it first, it could save you some money.

i just checked this out, seems like it's what i wanted :)

I did something a little cheeky to test, i setup stall outside the grocery shop, i'm sure the owner doens't mind me stealing his business.

but my farm fresh eggs and honey are a hit!

Screenshot-41.jpg

Mareah wrote: »

Holy. I'm gonna need a bigger stall :D

Screenshot-43.jpg

Thanks so much for the suggestion this is awesome. When she's rich enough she'll buy her own property, but I think on weekends she'll stick to selling in the park instead of stealing the grocery store's customers :D nice test tho
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    Back on the original question, content like this can be placed on residential lots but even on the front lawn other sims won't "see" and be able to purchase from it unless they are lot greeted -- so they would have to be invited over (and invited in), you would have to throw a lot of parties, or use Inge's Ticket Machine mod to draw customers in.

I have some of these, the modded versions of course, to sell baked goods and souvenirs on a huge residential I use as an entertainment complex with meals and overnight lodging offered -- but this setup pre-dates IP and Resorts so my sims do have to invite their paying guests to spend the night as needed. The rest I use on community lots so I don't have to chase potential customers down and some of them actually sell only produce.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I just discovered a huge bummer. the milk you get from cows is worth.. zero. LIterally zero. You can't sell it for anything. Even with ani's mod with food stuff set at 10simoleons the milk will still sell for 0. That sucks, and I can't find anywhere in retuner to set value.

objects.store -> cowpasture+milk has nowhere that defines value of milk bottle.

if I click on a milk bottle and use debug enabler I can set value to what I want, but it only effects that one bottle.

What a huge shame. Guess I'll be selling cheese and eggs instead of milk and eggs :D
    igazor wrote: »
    Back on the original question, content like this can be placed on residential lots but even on the front lawn other sims won't "see" and be able to purchase from it unless they are lot greeted -- so they would have to be invited over (and invited in), you would have to throw a lot of parties, or use Inge's Ticket Machine mod to draw customers in.

I have some of these, the modded versions of course, to sell baked goods and souvenirs on a huge residential I use as an entertainment complex with meals and overnight lodging offered -- but this setup pre-dates IP and Resorts so my sims do have to invite their paying guests to spend the night as needed. The rest I use on community lots so I don't have to chase potential customers down and some of them actually sell only produce.

And ah, nevermind :) I'm quite happy setting up a stall once a weekend in town to sell my goodies until I'm rich enough to buy a commercial plot for myself :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @McTosh

Those pics are hilarious especially as I can only see 3-4 items on the whole table sims can purchase from so i hope they don't get into a fight :) Good sim turn out though-)
    haha those are just decorative items, you put all your stuff inside like an inventory :)
    @McTosh

I do understand the inventory thing but it was just the look of the visiting sims and the almost empty table that gave me a giggle. There is another creator I think it's Ladesire that made a wonderful potions table that i think was cloned from the harvest stands and looks fab in supernatural type worlds and I would show you a pic if I could find it but all my pics, mods and cc is across 2 hard drives at the moment plus several external hard drives so it could be a while :)
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    The title of this thread is confusing. As far as I know you don't get any harvest stands when you buy the Monte Vista world. (And Vista with an a, not an o).

Here's everything that comes with Monte Vista:

mnRD64E.png

d8n6dmt.png

MGqk4YV.png
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    It comes with the Al Fresco Street Market, not the world.
    Hi @SuzyCue72

@felicity is right it is sold on the sims 3 store as a build called Al Fresco Street Market and the harvest stands come with the lot as a premium content item as shown on the following link :)

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:59084

Yes that's right, i got messed up bc I put it in monte vista in my game :P
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I always add 4 humble harvest stands to my Stones Throw Greenhouse lot when I place it in my games. My sims get rich quick by selling their harvestables in those stands. I've had them sell fish and other things there as well and I know you can buy books from it. I don't know of anything you can't buy or sell in them but I haven't done much experimenting with them. Sims get a negative ripped off moodlet when they buy something from the HH stands. But they often get huge bonus payments when they sell something from them.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @SuzyCue72

@felicity is right it is sold on the sims 3 store as a build called Al Fresco Street Market and the harvest stands come with the lot as a premium content item as shown on the following link :)

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:59084

@SPARKY1922 Yeah, I know about the Al Fresco Street Market, I've got it too. :) And should anyone want only the two harvest stands they are on the Eternal Sale list for 422 SimPoints, original price was 556 SP. :)
    edited September 2020
    @SuzyCue72

That's fab information re the 2 harvest stands on sale for 422 sim points as I was almost sure when I purchased the Al fresco Street Market build I could not just purchase the harvest stands separatley so maybe things have changed as it's a long time since I bought the whole store content :)

@Karritz

when directing sims to sell from the harvest stands do they need an inventory full of stuff to make the sell option work? It was just when you mentioned your sims get rich quick using the stands I cannot remember that happening to my sims when I told them to sell at these stands :)
    And those who want the whole venue where the two stands are included, Al Fresco Street Market, can buy it for only 494 SimPoints, (regular price 1710 SP) on the Daily Deals Page in one month, October 10-11, depending on your timezone. :)

Check out the Final DD List for more info.
    @SPARKY1922 I just send my sims to the greenhouse and get them to consign items when I think of it. It is a similar action to selling at the consignment store. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if they are supposed to get the huge fees my sims get. They don't always get huge payments but usually do. Sometimes it takes a few sales before they seem to get bonuses in the thousands of simoleans. If there is a science to it I have no idea what it is. It just happens.
    edited September 2020
    Hi @Karritz

I know it's easier to consign the way you describe I just don't remember getting big payouts even at the consignment store unless my memory is jaded winch is completely possible at this point-) I know there are a few sell at the tables mods but I think one of the best I used was one of ladesire's potion carts which could have been cloned from the harvest stands and I had a lot of fun plonking it down in a supernatural type marketplace where my witch sold potions. Another was around the sims 3 mod where I could even set the table up on the front lawn at home like they do in S2 and sims came along and purchased which I quite enjoyed as well :)

Gone a bit off topic-) :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    @SPARKY1922 it could be a mod that's giving me the big payouts, but I have no clue which one it is. I always put 4 of the carts on my lot because it comes with 4 different designs on its roof. And I put the lemonade stand there too but it rarely gets given any lemons and I've only occasionally seen a child decide to operate it.
    @Karritz

I need to get back into game to see what works lol I think I have 3 different mods for seller tables I need to work out what each of them do again. I have only ever seen a child at the lemonade stand as well in all the time I have been playing.