Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I got enough answers. Thanks :) Close, please.

1234568...Next

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I DO play sims 3, when i dont want to play sims 4.
    No one posted what their computer set was. And reasons for not playing TS3 are pretty shallow.

But if EAxis had not started putting TS3 down, their own game, to try to sell TS4, there wouldn't be as much division among the simming community right now and people would freely play all the iterations without feeling like they are betraying their favorites. Moreover, TS2UC would still be available if EAxis had not felt that TS2 was a threat to TS4 sales.

Between TS3 and TS2 simming communities, there's no real conflict at all. Why is there one between TS3 and TS4?

You should all stop feeding into the rift that EA started with those two games. Because it's NOT the usual case to have that conflict among the same iterations. An example is the GTA series. All iterations are different and each have their own fans, but there is no real conflict among its communities. While the fans have their favorites, they freely play all the other iterations. It's because Rockstar had not cultivated a spirit of hate for their past games.

There will come a day that TS5 will be released. Do you think your TS4 will be safe from EAxis when they want TS5 to sell well?

I wonder how not liking the camera controls is a shallow reason. When a person is frustrated with camera controls after 20 minutes of gameplay, is that not a valid reason to not play Sims 3? I know I only purchased and attempted to play it AFTER playing Sims 4. Never got into the hate between sims 3 fans and sims 4 fans. But, I can say via my experience which iteration I think is best for me to play. If I could, I would go back to the first iteration, as I still love that one.

It is a pretty shallow reason considering that TS3 has so many great things about it. You only played TS3 for 20 minutes and not play any of the tons of great features it offers? Because you would have found things you'd love about it if you played it more. That's why so many people still play it.

There are a lot of games I play with controls and cameras I have to learn to adapt to (looking at you Assassin's Creed series). But if I just gave up on the controls after 20 minutes, I would have missed out on a lot of great gameplay.

Since I have very little time to play video games, I don't have the ability to play for hours on end to learn the difficult camera controls. I also use video games as a way to get rid stress. If I am frustrated after 20 minutes, the video game is not doing the intended purpose of why I play. While you see that as shallow, I see it as not wasting my time and not creating unnecessary stress.

I am the exact same way when it comes to things. Like when I was trying to learn how to mesh in blender, boy is that a frustrating program to get a grasp of! So if I found myself constantly cursing at my PC cause it wasn't doing what I wanted, I would close it and walk away, because like you, I do things in my free time to de-stress, if something is making me tense and stressed it's doing the complete opposite.

• fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because Sims 4 is more modern, user friendly
    No one posted what their computer set was. And reasons for not playing TS3 are pretty shallow.

But if EAxis had not started putting TS3 down, their own game, to try to sell TS4, there wouldn't be as much division among the simming community right now and people would freely play all the iterations without feeling like they are betraying their favorites. Moreover, TS2UC would still be available if EAxis had not felt that TS2 was a threat to TS4 sales.

Between TS3 and TS2 simming communities, there's no real conflict at all. Why is there one between TS3 and TS4?

You should all stop feeding into the rift that EA started with those two games. Because it's NOT the usual case to have that conflict among the same iterations. An example is the GTA series. All iterations are different and each have their own fans, but there is no real conflict among its communities. While the fans have their favorites, they freely play all the other iterations. It's because Rockstar had not cultivated a spirit of hate for their past games.

There will come a day that TS5 will be released. Do you think your TS4 will be safe from EAxis when they want TS5 to sell well?

I wonder how not liking the camera controls is a shallow reason. When a person is frustrated with camera controls after 20 minutes of gameplay, is that not a valid reason to not play Sims 3? I know I only purchased and attempted to play it AFTER playing Sims 4. Never got into the hate between sims 3 fans and sims 4 fans. But, I can say via my experience which iteration I think is best for me to play. If I could, I would go back to the first iteration, as I still love that one.

It is a pretty shallow reason considering that TS3 has so many great things about it. You only played TS3 for 20 minutes and not play any of the tons of great features it offers? Because you would have found things you'd love about it if you played it more. That's why so many people still play it.

There are a lot of games I play with controls and cameras I have to learn to adapt to (looking at you Assassin's Creed series). But if I just gave up on the controls after 20 minutes, I would have missed out on a lot of great gameplay.

Since I have very little time to play video games, I don't have the ability to play for hours on end to learn the difficult camera controls. I also use video games as a way to get rid stress. If I am frustrated after 20 minutes, the video game is not doing the intended purpose of why I play. While you see that as shallow, I see it as not wasting my time and not creating unnecessary stress.

I am the exact same way when it comes to things. Like when I was trying to learn how to mesh in blender, boy is that a frustrating program to get a grasp of! So if I found myself constantly cursing at my PC cause it wasn't doing what I wanted, I would close it and walk away, because like you, I do things in my free time to de-stress, if something is making me tense and stressed it's doing the complete opposite.

this is currently my problem in my legacy - i’m having to play through the Strangerville story and it’s somewhat tiresome so i find myself playing for only 10 minutes then quitting until i finally complete the entire story
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Closed as per OP's request. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top