Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want for improved teens

LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
i would love stuff like run away or parents are on a vaction and teen partys but....i mostly want cilques back like remember jocks,nerds,rebels
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Oh i hated cliques in sims 3... having all teens in the game fall into one of three social groups made them all feel the same... in 4 it'ld be even worse as there are already personality problems with all sims falling iinto 6 or 7 emotions...
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    What i wanted is the ability for teens to go the university.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Unique mechanics. For instance, something similar to university student groups. Something that really makes them stand out. Because otherwise they are just handicapped adults.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Definitely a couple of classic ts2 things. Like sneaking out (and getting caught), as well as naturally occurring acne.
    I don't really think we need cliques though, you can already do that by using the club system. Which makes it more customizable and optional.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I want:
    1)Them to be different from adults, shorter. More like YOUNGER teens than older ones, so take away the ability to woohoo, instead of bf/gf's let them have first crushes, first kisses etc. Make them more like 13-15 year olds instead of 18 year olds, we already have young adults who can do all that stuff.
    Make them shorter, not able to wear adult clothes but their own clothing range.
    Give them more things to do like youth clubs, babysitting jobs that aren't rabbit holes, more homework assignemtns like universtiy kids get, follow them to school but focus the school on classwork, groups and stuff, keep all the drama/movie type stuff out of it, I want to see them seated at desks rushing to finish their assignments on time before the bell so they hve less homework, getting caught passing notes in class, trying to find their classrooms on the first day, etc. No "Mean Girls" type stuff.

• NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I think this should be in Ideas corner or Game feedback
    Happy simming!
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    I think this should be in Ideas corner or Game feedback

sorry im kind of new to making discussions
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’d like to see talents incorporated in with the skills. It would be fun to see a child or teen have a natural talent for an instrument, for example. Or swimming, not just ‘fitness’ in general. Teens often define themselves by what they’re good at or interested in.

Interests could be edited by reading magazines in TS2, and they often led to more successful conversations among like-minded sims. It would be fun to play with interests again and have them lead to autonomous behavior that was more unique to that sim.

Rounding out their personalities would certainly help but we also could use some gameplay. School dances, learning to drive, any milestones like that should be an option. But also little things like just being noticed by parents if they’re not in bed and it’s 2am, or them begging to go to some concert that goes late. I know they added some curfew stuff in Parenthood but I don’t use it because there’s nothing leading them to do anything anyway. Are there even consequences if you don’t cause them? Teens (and kids, for that matter) shouldn’t have as much freedom as their parents to come and go at any hour. I want to see them all autonomously react more to what other family members are doing and what guests are in the house.

And this is a little pet peeve but why are they in school until 3pm like children are? I’d like some after school sports or other activities that actually occur “after school”.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I want:
    1)Them to be different from adults, shorter. More like YOUNGER teens than older ones, so take away the ability to woohoo, instead of bf/gf's let them have first crushes, first kisses etc. Make them more like 13-15 year olds instead of 18 year olds, we already have young adults who can do all that stuff.
    Make them shorter, not able to wear adult clothes but their own clothing range.
    Give them more things to do like youth clubs, babysitting jobs that aren't rabbit holes, more homework assignemtns like universtiy kids get, follow them to school but focus the school on classwork, groups and stuff, keep all the drama/movie type stuff out of it, I want to see them seated at desks rushing to finish their assignments on time before the bell so they hve less homework, getting caught passing notes in class, trying to find their classrooms on the first day, etc. No "Mean Girls" type stuff.

This... I want them to look and act different from young adults and I want them to have specific teen activities.
    edited September 2020
    babajayne wrote: »

And this is a little pet peeve but why are they in school until 3pm like children are? I’d like some after school sports or other activities that actually occur “after school”.

Talents would be cool... After school sports are cool but 99% of kids I knew as a teen got out of school around 3pm same as children. We'd go to each other's houses for homework but it'd be 3pm haha, so that never bothered me. (Well they staggered schools, the younger kids often got out at 2:30 so they could get home before the high school got out I guess, and then high schoolers got out at 2:50 but by 3pm everyone was home.

Some kids played after school sports and stuff but that would normally be once a week if theydid
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Teens need improvement!!

What I’d like :

-Rebellious trait : sims not obeying to their parents, acting out, dying their hair a weird color or getting piercings to annoy their parents...

- Sneaking out.
    - Parties while the parents are away.
    - Slumber parties/sleepovers.
    - After school activities.
    - Teen furniture. Very few beds we have look like teen beds and they’re almost all single beds, while teens often have double beds. Same for the desks and in general the game furniture looks more old. Also how about polaroids and more stuff like light strings to put on the walls ?

- More teen clothes and hair.

And a HIGH SCHOOL, they don’t even have a proper school building.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I like their height just fine and I would not like to see teens aged down because then I could not really see them living alone. I like the story of a teen making it through school and fixing everything by themselves.

I would like to see more activities after school. Some way for A-students to go to University early, you can by mods but it would be fun to do so without them. More sports would be fun, especially if they were connected to activities in University and a sports-career later.

Maybe a kind moderator will move this to ideas or feedback?
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The height arguments about teens honestly don't make any sense... because there are actually A LOT of teenagers who are taller than their parents (especially boys). Why do teens have to be shorter by default? Making them have younger looking bodies and faces is one thing... but height? That's not exactly set in stone.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @Lustianicia The lack of height difference in grown up Sims don't make sense either. Instead of pre-teens, I would prefer that teens just look more like something in between child and grown up. It has something to do with balance, not realism. For me, anyways.

My list:

- Less use of phone
    - Shorter stature

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Dianesims wrote: »
    Teens need improvement!!

What I’d like :

-Rebellious trait : sims not obeying to their parents, acting out, dying their hair a weird color or getting piercings to annoy their parents...

- Sneaking out.
    - Parties while the parents are away.
    - Slumber parties/sleepovers.
    - After school activities.
    - Teen furniture. Very few beds we have look like teen beds and they’re almost all single beds, while teens often have double beds. Same for the desks and in general the game furniture looks more old. Also how about polaroids and more stuff like light strings to put on the walls ?

- More teen clothes and hair.

And a HIGH SCHOOL, they don’t even have a proper school building.

YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I NEEEEED ALL OF THIS
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I like teens as they are pretty much, I don't really want them to look younger/shorter.
    Players can make up their own cliques now if they really want to play with them.
    What I would like to see are some more build items and builds catering to teens, like teen nightclubs or hangouts and some more arcade type stuff.
    The height arguments about teens honestly don't make any sense... because there are actually A LOT of teenagers who are taller than their parents (especially boys). Why do teens have to be shorter by default? Making them have younger looking bodies and faces is one thing... but height? That's not exactly set in stone.

For me it's because 1) I'd like to differentiate them easily from adults and height would be the easiest ad 2) I'd rather play them as 13-14 year olds that 17-19, which most 13-14 (not all) are still shorter than adults. In real life not all adults are the same size either so the height thing isn't going to be realistic either way but I'd like it to be as realistic as possible and most younger teens aren't as tall as adults yet. So yeah, that's why the height thing for me.
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    - More teen-specific activities (after school sports, clubs, some teen only aspirations)
    - Clothing and height to differentiate them from YA
    - Different schooling options (sure, for kids, too): homeschooling, boarding school, private academies
    - Not necessarily cliques, but maybe some rivalries
    - Events like prom, homecoming, etc would be pretty cool but not as rabbit holes...
    - A whole bunch of new build items to decorate really unique teen spaces
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Because I play mostly for comedic value, I want teens to be able to get in trouble
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I want to see some more age-exclusive events to spice things up,and for school to be fleshed out more. Parenthood had the right idea with phases, even if they didn't mean much in the long run.

Improved Homework: You can now do homework for a specific subject. Doing math homework will boost your logic skill, doing art homework boosts your painting skill. It's a great way to earn skill points early on.

After-School Activities: Meet up with like-minded students and engage in a hobby. Might provide bonuses for future careers or offer University scholarships.
    • Swimming Club: Twice a week after school, you can go to a hidden lot with your team mates. Practice swimming, work on homework together, chat with others, etc. Every Saturday, there will be a rabbithole competition where you can win trophies.
    • Sports Teams: Join the soccer club and re-use the basketball, e-sports and soccer assets we already have. Again, we get rabbithole competitions once a week.
    • Baking Club: Cook/bake a certain recipe, learn techniques to improve a meal's quality, make food for free and bring it home, or make some cash through bake sales.
    • Chess Club: Self-explanatory, also with rabbithole competitions.

Prom: You get notified a week in advance, so you have time to rent a limo to pick you up (lol), find a date, buy a ticket to prom, and boost your charisma & fitness skills to impress everyone. At prom, you can slow-dance, flirt and dance with your date, socialize with friends, spike the punch bowl, sabotage decorations or musical instruments, hijack the stereo and play rock music, and interrupt couples to flirt with one of them, stirring up a fight.

Random Events: When you come home from school, you might be greeted by one of three events
    • Bullies: A pop-up tells you that a mean sim wants to beat up your sim (this will be a random teen townie with a Mean or Evil trait.) You can do several things that can get them off your back, though if you fail them or don't do anything at all, the bullying will continue for five sim days. You can tell an adult you're close to, who will say that they will call that sim's parents and put an end to it. (65% chance of success.) You can call up the bully, invite him over and beat them up. (80% chance of success if you win, 20% of success if you lose) You can bribe the bully (50% success.) Or you can befriend the bully and make them change their ways. (Chance depends on how high your friendship bar is.)
    • Crushes: Your sim finds a love note in their locker, which they bring home. Examining it for clues can help you find the sim ala Get to Work's detective career. You can confront sims: if they're not the crush, you get an embarrassed moodlet and lose relationship points with them. But if they are the crush, you can choose to accept or reject them, which will affect your relationship with them
    • Sad friend: You get a notification that your friend seems down. Invite them over and talk about it. Once they open up, you can decide what they should do to fix their problem. Higher logic/charisma/whatever decides the outcome's chances of success. This can make or break friendships.

Teen Parties:
    Basically what Sims 3 did.

Sneaking Out: You can sneak out at night with friends to party, hang out, commit small pranks, spray-paint the town red, or steal. Avoid police officers and your relatives, as they will punish you and take you home.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: »
    I want to see some more age-exclusive events to spice things up,and for school to be fleshed out more. Parenthood had the right idea with phases, even if they didn't mean much in the long run.

Improved Homework: You can now do homework for a specific subject. Doing math homework will boost your logic skill, doing art homework boosts your painting skill. It's a great way to earn skill points early on.

After-School Activities: Meet up with like-minded students and engage in a hobby. Might provide bonuses for future careers or offer University scholarships.
    • Swimming Club: Twice a week after school, you can go to a hidden lot with your team mates. Practice swimming, work on homework together, chat with others, etc. Every Saturday, there will be a rabbithole competition where you can win trophies.
    • Sports Teams: Join the soccer club and re-use the basketball, e-sports and soccer assets we already have. Again, we get rabbithole competitions once a week.
    • Baking Club: Cook/bake a certain recipe, learn techniques to improve a meal's quality, make food for free and bring it home, or make some cash through bake sales.
    • Chess Club: Self-explanatory, also with rabbithole competitions.

Prom: You get notified a week in advance, so you have time to rent a limo to pick you up (lol), find a date, buy a ticket to prom, and boost your charisma & fitness skills to impress everyone. At prom, you can slow-dance, flirt and dance with your date, socialize with friends, spike the punch bowl, sabotage decorations or musical instruments, hijack the stereo and play rock music, and interrupt couples to flirt with one of them, stirring up a fight.

Random Events: When you come home from school, you might be greeted by one of three events
    • Bullies: A pop-up tells you that a mean sim wants to beat up your sim (this will be a random teen townie with a Mean or Evil trait.) You can do several things that can get them off your back, though if you fail them or don't do anything at all, the bullying will continue for five sim days. You can tell an adult you're close to, who will say that they will call that sim's parents and put an end to it. (65% chance of success.) You can call up the bully, invite him over and beat them up. (80% chance of success if you win, 20% of success if you lose) You can bribe the bully (50% success.) Or you can befriend the bully and make them change their ways. (Chance depends on how high your friendship bar is.)
    • Crushes: Your sim finds a love note in their locker, which they bring home. Examining it for clues can help you find the sim ala Get to Work's detective career. You can confront sims: if they're not the crush, you get an embarrassed moodlet and lose relationship points with them. But if they are the crush, you can choose to accept or reject them, which will affect your relationship with them
    • Sad friend: You get a notification that your friend seems down. Invite them over and talk about it. Once they open up, you can decide what they should do to fix their problem. Higher logic/charisma/whatever decides the outcome's chances of success. This can make or break friendships.

Teen Parties:
    Basically what Sims 3 did.

Sneaking Out: You can sneak out at night with friends to party, hang out, commit small pranks, spray-paint the town red, or steal. Avoid police officers and your relatives, as they will punish you and take you home.

THIS is what i want @maxis
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I would like them to be shorter so that they can be noticeably different than adults, young adults and elders....
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

it makes perfect sense -- Sims heights in no way represent real life. Every single sim from teen on is the exact same height. I'd love height realism, but since we don't have it, we can use height for other purposes, like signifying less maturity.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    Teens in TS4 should have been shorter, and smaller frames. We should have been able to know they were teens by their behavior. Teens are immature as a general rule. But not so in TS4. Teens have different wants/wishes than adults as a general rule. Is that stereotyping? I guess so, however, it's still based in facts. As an adult, I don't care about what is trending on Twitter, nor instagram, nor who is dating who but a teen might.

I think back to what I was thinking about as a teen, my appearance, my clothes, my styles, how to fit into school, many things were more embarrassing to teens than adults, because when you look back on it, you have to laugh and wonder why any of us was so concerned with that stuff like what was important at school, and it probably not even bother us today. We would have more of an attitude of, so what.

I don't think they remember what it is to be a teen trying to figure out what you want to do, but drop all those plans for a date, lol, or a phone conversation and or how some of us walked around in a daze because of a crush on someone, and or fretted about something very silly that wouldn't even upset us today.

Nor do I think they can remember how it sometimes was when a teen, not many wanted much to do with younger siblings.

I know my teen siblings thought I was nothing more than a bother they had nothing in common with, and was often shewed out of their rooms. lol They had more important things to do such as what was the newest trend in a teen magazine, or the newest fashion and or what was the latest gossip about one of their friends, or enemies, and or when was the latest homecoming ballgame, who would be there, who they crushed about and or who they despised and or if so and so had said something about them. All very immature. And like in TS2 I did get a few noogies, and ratted out to parents for getting into their stuff.

So, when they think about teens I hope the think about the nuances about them and add more of that stuff rather than a bunch of tasks. I mean think about it, in TS2 teens run to get the phone, adults don't. That's a perfect nuance that makes us know that's a teen rather than an adult even if they were not the same sizes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Teens in TS4 should have been shorter, and smaller frames. We should have been able to know they were teens by their behavior. Teens are immature as a general rule. But not so in TS4. Teens have different wants/wishes than adults as a general rule. Is that stereotyping? I guess so, however, it's still based in facts. As an adult, I don't care about what is trending on Twitter, nor instagram, nor who is dating who but a teen might.

I think back to what I was thinking about as a teen, my appearance, my clothes, my styles, how to fit into school, many things were more embarrassing to teens than adults, because when you look back on it, you have to laugh and wonder why any of us was so concerned with that stuff like what was important at school, and it probably not even bother us today. We would have more of an attitude of, so what.

I don't think they remember what it is to be a teen trying to figure out what you want to do, but drop all those plans for a date, lol, or a phone conversation and or how some of us walked around in a daze because of a crush on someone, and or fretted about something very silly that wouldn't even upset us today.

Nor do I think they can remember how it sometimes was when a teen, not many wanted much to do with younger siblings.

I know my teen siblings thought I was nothing more than a bother they had nothing in common with, and was often shewed out of their rooms. lol They had more important things to do such as what was the newest trend in a teen magazine, or the newest fashion and or what was the latest gossip about one of their friends, or enemies, and or when was the latest homecoming ballgame, who would be there, who they crushed about and or who they despised and or if so and so had said something about them. All very immature. And like in TS2 I did get a few noogies, and ratted out to parents for getting into their stuff.

So, when they think about teens I hope the think about the nuances about them and add more of that stuff rather than a bunch of tasks. I mean think about it, in TS2 teens run to get the phone, adults don't. That's a perfect nuance that makes us know that's a teen rather than an adult even if they were not the same sizes.

Haha I def thought differently as a teen than as an adult but I was the opposite of a lot of teens,I can say that whatever was "trending" was not the slightest interest to me. Neither were clothes et. I was interested in what the next good book was and helping my 6 year old brother with his homework to see how much I could teach him haha! Didn't attend any dances or parties or go on dates etc, thought that was dumb, I did like going to the mall with a friend or two so we could look at books and the stationary aisle though lol! Usually begging my mum to let my brother come too as I loved hanging out with him and thought he was super cute! Besides that it was all about babysitting jobs, going out with one or two friends to places like McDonalds during school lunch hour, watching sports on tv, writing stories and making sure my homework was done on time (I was obsessed with never ever being late for anything and never turning in an assignment late haha)

I remember I always dreaded people inviting me over after school/weekends. In my mind, I just saw you all day in class, that's my family time to spend with my little brother and my books.