Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are the bugs going to be fixed?

13...Next

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    Even if players can't do a lot about the bugs, that it is on EA's end to fix; one thing is asking how it is possible to help.

The tip to take it to AHQ Bug Section I think is the best one.

There are some really good players posting there, those knowledgeable in code and/or testing; but the threads are mainly filled with angry complaints with no constructive substance, making some issues trend more than others, in repeat.

Trying to ascertain how a player can help out would be step one, if you really want the issues, as many as possible, to be adressed.

A couple of things I can think about:

When reporting a bug, be descriptive, answer any questions asked, even if by players, give feedback, check up on your reported issue.

Click Me Too on every bug report you experience, on the first post.

Test the issues, try to narrow them down, and find the trigger for the bug.

Provide saves with as much info as possible when they are requested.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited September 2020

Deleted

Post edited by gamekitten on
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    Quoting a long text is not an efficient way of posting in a thread.

I said nothing about EA having fair prices or an ethical way of making business.

The point is that complaints posted in a forum section for general discussion may serve the point of creating a heated discussion; but it will not fix the game issues. If there is a wish to fix them, mine and others previous advise still stands.

If the point of this thread is just to complain, then I'm sorry for my misinterpretation of the intention, and would like no further engagement, thank you.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I was not attempting to argue with you, I just was saying my thoughts when I read your post. I keep forgetting any time I say something, most this forum takes it wrong.

I thought how many times have simmers done what you suggested and still today, there are bugs and broken game play in some very old packs that are still not fixed. How many times have the players had to do these steps and nothing is actually done.

You are correct, I should made my own post. I apologize and will remove the quoted post.

But I will not stand back on these bugs have gotten horrible and some have been ignored for years.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Maybe they should hire all modders who have had fixed bugs in the past, since they can put out much more hotfix faster than devs themselves
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    theres a saying in the computer science/development field: "99 bugs in the computer program. 99 bugs in the program. knock one down, patch it around, 100 bugs in the computer program."

im not bothered by the bugs, they'll fix the ones that are pestering us soon enough but others will rise and the cycle starts over again.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    3 Times a Week Please.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    theres a saying in the computer science/development field: "99 bugs in the computer program. 99 bugs in the program. knock one down, patch it around, 100 bugs in the computer program."

im not bothered by the bugs, they'll fix the ones that are pestering us soon enough but others will rise and the cycle starts over again.

Unfortunately many severe bugs are not patched soon enough, they last for years (like guests in restaurants not finishing their meals).
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    When? Try the twelfth of never.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    cheescaeks wrote: »

Eh not always. Dine out has been buggy since release and they haven't bothered to fix it, the entire game crashes if you try to bulldoze certain apartments in CL and they've never bothered to fix it, sims in Island Living change into their swimwear to enter waterfront lots all the time still despite tons of players reporting it.

They only ever bother with the top 5 most talked about bugs, then a new pack comes out with tons more bugs that take the spotlight and the bugs from the past packs get forgotten about. Even the answers hq moderator said that under a bug some of us have been trying to get fixed it probably won't get fixed as they only look at the most popular ones. Basically for the most part unless a bug is no1 most reported it will just be ignored and even the most reported ones get left for months regularly, it aint great

Even in the sims 3, island paradise and one of the ambitions careers is still broken and they never bothered to fix it. It's a very regular thing sadly :s
  • VeteranSimmerVeteranSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Onverser said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Eh not always. Dine out has been buggy since release and they haven't bothered to fix it, the entire game crashes if you try to bulldoze certain apartments in CL and they've never bothered to fix it, sims in Island Living change into their swimwear to enter waterfront lots all the time still despite tons of players reporting it.
    >
    > They only ever bother with the top 5 most talked about bugs, then a new pack comes out with tons more bugs that take the spotlight and the bugs from the past packs get forgotten about. Even the answers hq moderator said that under a bug some of us have been trying to get fixed it probably won't get fixed as they only look at the most popular ones. Basically for the most part unless a bug is no1 most reported it will just be ignored and even the most reported ones get left for months regularly, it aint great
    >
    > Even in the sims 3, island paradise and one of the ambitions careers is still broken and they never bothered to fix it. It's a very regular thing sadly :s

Have you tried Dine Out on new game? Many issues were fixed for me after I started a new game. But they kept standing up, walking around etc.

I only played on build mode and CAS after Eco Living patch. Now I decided to stop playing completely after last update. Build mode is full of bugs right now. Not going to open Origin until they fix doors, windows and weird object textures. I might be lucky one, many people reported game crashes after 5 minutes of playing, some can't even open the game anymore.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Maybe they should hire all modders who have had fixed bugs in the past, since they can put out much more hotfix faster than devs themselves

They would be doing themselves a favour and the modders that might be needing extra cash (who doesn't these days?)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited September 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Yet another patch has come and gone, and the bugs players have been complaining about since Eco Lifestyle's release have been ignored yet again. It's been 3 months now, 5 patches yet some of the biggest bugs have been completely ignored and remain unfixed whilst the devs are hard at work fixing a bloody sprinkler!
    Color swatches for Build Mode item “Large Dancing Water Emitter” have been fixed.
    This is not an issue people care about, at all. Why are these random little things being given priority over actual bugs which have been breaking players games for months? It's ridiculous at this point.

3 months on from Eco Lifestyle and the NAPs are still broken and acting up constantly, sims are still playing with clay every second of the day, baking 500 white cakes and playing with the future cube. It's especially ridiculous since these things have been fixed by modders months ago yet there is still no official fix.

Gardening is still broken despite huge numbers of people complaining about it and players are still getting locked out of townie houses every time they edit them. It's a joke at this point. And this is coming from someone who's defended the devs in the past, it's not good enough. Modders have been able to fix these issues within weeks so there's absolutely no excuse at this point for how long it's taking. What is the point of having an Answers HQ if the bugs posted on there are not listened to? They need to do better because this isn't good enough.

The re-accuring "Double Festivals" bug in City Living has an interesting history. I had to abandon a game save because of it and going thru the actual bug report(s) is depressing:

The final statement from the devs in the actual bug report thread, from two years ago, is literally "We can't fix it".
    That's it.

Before that the devs have reported it fixed three times since City Living was released, but every time after an update of the game it has come back, and again, they have simply given up.

I know I am not a coder, but if something is fixed and an update breaks it, it appears to me as if the problem lies in something the update does. Start there? What did the update change or put back? Who was the developer that did the patch / update? Did she or he re-use old code from pre- 2016? And so on...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, there will be an uproar among bored simmers if new content is withheld in favor of bugfixing. I clearly recall people on here having been very vocal about the lack of new content during a quiet time. If people didn't want everything at once, the team could probably focus more one one thing at a time and get something properly done. But the crowds be yammering relentlessly.

Have to agree with you on this as some rather have the new shiny and not fixes.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen