March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So The Sims 4 is Six now! Six years so much has happened! You?

2...Next

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Life has changed so much since then for me. I've lost most of my friends (some definitely for the better), had many pets die (I had a lot of pets back then), got a cat, changed my name, and a whole lot of other stuff that comes with growing up.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    idk I don't really have life so not much happened for me tbh

I guess "you've aged" happened
    I stopped being "teenager TM"
    and quit some unhealthy addictions
    picked up new traits
    but that is about it

almost stopped playing ts4 before vampires and seasons packs cause i just really disliked "perfect sunny neighborhood simulator" ts4 had become

but now its rather fun to play even though i still feel lack of gameplay in areas i really desperately need it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    idk I don't really have life so not much happened for me tbh

I guess "you've aged" happened
    I stopped being "teenager TM"
    and quit some unhealthy addictions
    picked up new traits
    but that is about it

almost stopped playing ts4 before vampires and seasons packs cause i just really disliked "perfect sunny neighborhood simulator" ts4 had become

but now its rather fun to play even though i still feel lack of gameplay in areas i really desperately need it
    That is a lot. Good for you for all those steps. I don't miss being a teenager either even though that feels like a lifetime ago now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Bought a House
    Been at the same job this entire time
    Had to put my big old fur baby to sleep
    Had my car totalled in an accident
    Learned to mesh 3D object
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    Gosh - thinking about the answer to this question makes me realise that I don't do a lot! Six years ago was the last time I travelled over to the Eastern States (Australia) - I went, firstly, for a holiday & then a second trip when my FIL died. Life was quite a struggle financially until last year when an aunt of my husband died & he received a large inheritance; think a life changing one. That enabled us to pay off our mortgage as well as start to do some badly needed repairs & renovations to our house. It also allowed me to plan & go on a bucket list trip; back to the UK to attend Crufts (a large dog show) & also spend time in Scotland visiting the place where my dog breed of choice (golden retriever) began. I also got to catch up with three friends that I hadn't seen for over 40 years & meet a great-nephew. Unfortunately, this trip took place in March this year & so I had to cut it short due to Covid. I was supposed to be in the UK for a month but had to return home after only two weeks. It's a long way to go for such a short time.

Aside from that the other big thing I've done is start to compete in a dog sport called "Dock Dogs". Basically it involves a dock alongside a large pool of water - you throw a toy into the pool, your dog (hopefully) jumps into the water to retrieve said toy & the jump is measured. My two dogs absolutely LOVE competing & go nuts when they see the pool. It's heaps of fun & I've made some good friends through it. My two dogs compete very enthusiastically but aren't the longest jumpers; in fact last year my boy Astro was awarded "The Graceful Brick" award, given to the dog who doesn't necessarily jump the furthest but has the most fun doing it. He received a trophy made of Lego! My girl Willow has been the oldest dog competing in Western Australia & so has competed in, initially the Veteran category & last year the Legend category. She won Legend last year & Veteran the previous two years. Of course the fact that she was the ONLY dog in each category was a huge advantage! Of course this year there have been no competitions which is rather sad as Willow has aged a fair bit this year & won't be able to compete anymore. Astro will continue though & I hope he will successfully defend his Graceful Brick award!

Willow has been a therapy dog as well for those six years as well; she actually started doing that in 2012. She was born to be a therapy dog & loves going to visit her fan club. My proudest moment of that time was when she helped a man overcome a greater than 40 year fear of dogs! On the day he finally came up & patted her he told me, "I've been watching Willow & I realised she was a gentle girl who would never hurt me". That is absolutely the nicest thing anyone has ever said about any of my dogs. I hate the fact that my dogs are getting older; Willow is now 11yo while Astro is 8yo & I dread the time when I will have to say goodbye to them. No matter how long they live for (I've told them both they have to live until they're at least 16yo) it's never long enough but it's the price we pay for the joy & unconditional love that we get from these amazing animals. So my life has been very heavily involved with my dogs, however, I wouldn't have it any other way & I hope that I will get to spend at least the next six years doing stuff with them as well.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited December 2020
    Just read over the posts I missed...posted this topic months before Covid really began and looking back wow how the world has changed.

Anybody else have stories to share and how their life has changed, if not over six years over the last few months?
    Post edited by TOLKIEN on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited December 2020
    well actually whole world isolating and such was sort of healing experience for person with social anxiety like me

like people minding my personal space?
    wearing masks to cover face (less awkward)?
    people not getting anywhere near me?
    people staying home unless they actually got business being out there?
    people not showing up at my door or asking me to parties or whatever?
    chill :flushed: love it here.

but also now ive finally regained energy to go out to start some life stuff i should have started years ago but oh. the actual covid. >_< why must i be energized mid pandemic
    also yes noted i am in very priviliged position so this would have definitely been very different mental health year if i didnt live at countryside (used to no services and having lower cost of existence than say city people) and have financial security through my family
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2020
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Just read over the posts I missed...posted this topic months before Covid really began and looking back wow how the world has changed.

Anybody else have stories to share and how their life has changed, if not over six years over the last few months?

Not much has changed in my life since covid. I’m struggling mentally with social issues since I was 14 so I rarely leave the house before or after COVID happened.

I got a job during Covid working a dream job. I started off as a temporary worker and now a limited duration worker. I joke they kept me on because of my service dog in my picture. I mean my gym went bankrupt, but despite that I lost weight and doing gym at home. I am loving Ring Fit and Just Dance. I like taking nice walks with my dog too. I'm supporting my parents now since my dad lost his job and our pets, but feels good to give back to them after they raised me. There was a time where I was bed ridden for five years and had to be creative with my time and how I became a Simmer, so I didn't get too down on myself during COVID and honestly been so busy since March. Even before that I've been learning a new language with Spanish. It's been a fun year in gaming too for indie games so I have enjoyed that too and Stardew Valley continues to remain one of my favorite games along with the Sims 2. I hope that you are doing well and hanging in there. Makes me happy knowing that the work I do helps people take care of their needs and buy games to get through this year. Epic Games has done a wonderful job this year giving away free games too. Basically I use this site to check out any cool indie games available: https://www.indiegamebundles.com/category/free/

There was a cool bundle earlier this year that helped support indie developers too for $5. https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality I'll be busy for awhile and games still get added to it.

Life as usual has its ups and downs, things have changed, but overall I can honestly say I am happy, and have still been able to go to weddings and parties and other things with video conferencing programs. I took a tour of the Louvre and wow that was amazing and something my grandmother would have loved. I guess being a variety gamer hasn't stopped, I just use it as a way to reward myself when getting things done.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Graduated with honors, get my first job, sign up to a gym membership, lose 25kg of weights, left the job, broke up with my ex-gf, gain back 25kg of weight, gets my second job(current job) which is my dream job, met a guy I really care about, get separated to a different office location from him, mom passed away, covid started, battled with depression, gets better because of him. Sign up to a gym again, lose 10kg of weights.

My life is pretty boring, but during these time I always play the sims switching between Sims 3 and 4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2020
    So much has happened in the last six years for our family. Let's see if I can remember it all. First, for me personally I reached my goal of losing 66 lbs. with the help of a website called My Fitness Pal. Attended a Queen + Adam Lambert concert with my oldest Daughter, Son and Son's then girlfriend.

Our Son married that girlfriend and together gave us three beautiful Grandchildren to love. I took care of the first one after he was born for 6 months while my DIL worked part-time. She quit when she found out she was pregnant with our second Grandchild. She never went back to that job, but has recently started a new limited part-time position in government.

Our oldest daughter's husband died from an accidental overdose...

My Mother died from Alzheimer's in combination with many other serious ailments she had her entire life...

Hubby's Aunt died from the virus a couple weeks ago. She caught it in the hospital after being there a week for a back injury. He also lost a cousin to the virus and another cousin died a couple years ago.

One of our cats accidentally pushed out a window screen and ran off, then returned home pregnant 8 months later. She had seven kittens. We still have one of them, but their Mom is gone now.

Attended another Adam Lambert concert, his own solo tour this time of which the tickets were gifted to me for Christmas by our Son and DIL. My oldest Daughter went with me.

My youngest Daughter was accepted into a nursing program with the goal of becoming an RN. She later would change her major to business and was graduated. She now works for Amazon. She and her boyfriend of many years also bought a house.

My oldest Daughter fell in love again with a co-worker and they moved in together. They've been together several years now and both have left their former jobs to open their own successful company.

Hubby's company was bought out by a large corporation, but they kept him on when several others were forced into early retirement or outright fired in three waves of job cuts. He's still working for them, but isn't very happy about it. He worked remotely from home at the beginning of the pandemic for a couple weeks, but then was laid off for three months. He's back working full-time at the company now. Less than a year to retirement for him! \o/

We put a new roof on our house, which in our opinion didn't need one, but the mortgage company felt otherwise and threatened to drop our coverage if we didn't.

Our Son was accepted into the USAF, but later disqualified due to his slight color blindness. He would soon after secure a career in our State's government in a higher capacity for the last four years. Due to the impending birth of our third Grandchild, he decided not to pursue the possibility of working in the same capacity for another two years. But, he will officially begin a new career in government very soon at the same place working with/among most of his former co-workers.

I'm sure there's more that happened I'm forgetting, but that's a lot of life changing events for our family anyway that I can remember.

During all that time, I've bought, been gifted or won in giveaways all TS4 packs except one and have been playing it joyfully every day that I can! <3

EDIT: Forgot to add that I played the game on an old laptop (new in 2009) with only 3 gigs of RAM until two years ago when Hubby gifted me a brand new gaming desktop for our 34th Wedding Anniversary. I can't believe I was able to play that long on the old one. I bought it from my DIL for $75! :D Playing on the desktop makes it seem like an entirely different game!

It's also the first time I've ever played any iteration of the Sims on a computer with the proper specs to play it! I know it's silly, but I cried the first time I opened the game after loading it up on the new computer. It was and is just such a beautiful thing being able to play the way this game was meant to be played. I was overwhelmed with joy. Really a little thing to include considering everything else much more significant that happened in my life the last six years. But I just felt like it needed to be shared. *shrugs*
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited December 2020
    Still living in the same apartment, but it got renovated so it's much nicer. I still have the same job that I had six years ago but I am pretty happy that I do, I have been able to work from home without any major problems, I'm working with IT.

I lost a few friends during these six years but I have also gotten new ones so I guess it's not all that bad. I feel that I have changed somewhat as a person as well, for the better. I'm much more social now.

I used to wear glasses back then, but I decided to do LASIK (Laser Eye Surgery) and it was one of the best decisions of my life, from having to wear glasses since I was a kid I no longer need to wear glasses.

When it comes to the sims I feel that I was much more of a simmer in the early years, when I started playing the game when it released in 2014. I remember creating a lot of families, trying out different things and being excited when I played the first expansions, like Get To Work. My sims looked more like classic sims, with big smiles and cartoony faces.

Then I got better at making sims and I started to use cc. I guess my sims look a bit more realistic and serious now, my simself no longer wear glasses... I guess my sims changed with me.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    A lot has changed, and nothing has changed at all. Back then I spent all my time in my room playing the sims and now I.. spend all my time in my room playing the sims. Probably more than ever, because 2020 :#
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I have moved three times and also met my boyfriend and we're now living together. I got to the study program that I applied, but because of mental health issues I haven't really progressed. I moved from laptop to desktop and the change in sim graphics was stunning. When I first got TS4 I played it all the time, but now I take long breaks when I play other games or do other stuff. I've started gaming more diversely. I love returning from a break and getting really into sims again. I have adjusted aging so that I can spend longer time with the same sims.
    edited January 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »

Not much has changed in my life since covid. I’m struggling mentally with social issues since I was 14 so I rarely leave the house before or after COVID happened.
    Hang in there with that. Helps a lot talking about it with others and you are brave opening up about it. It is quite common in the Sims community so you aren't alone with it and thankfully people are more open to talk it about it now than when I was a kid. GerbSims has been a great resource for some of us with it on Twitch. I have had many health issues throughout my life. Life hasn't always been easy for me, but find that path right for you. Many people are stuck at home now too. Some are doing crafts to keep busy or making and selling masks. There actually have been quite a lot of things in media to represent it well. Like Celeste and Gris do a beautiful job telling a story of overcoming challenges. There isn't a cure for depression like some other medical things but there will come a day when things get better. I think that is what has been nice going to some of SimGuruPopcorn's stream is that she has been so welcoming and an advocate to talk about it which is refreshing for a change. It helps knowing there are others that understand what you go through in life. She has been super kind when I have related about having epilepsy as a kid, get bullied over it, and being thankful just to be able to play games and talk to others now. It is simple things like that I don't take for granted now which brings me joy. There may be some days that go better than others but it is nice knowing I am not alone in some of the experiences I have been through if that makes sense. Stardew Valley is also my bliss game when violent things have happened locally. Just glad to have today off as something else is happening. Animal Crossing brings me joy too. Find a passion project to brighten the dark days even if it is doing an adult coloring book.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    edited January 2021
    When I first got the Sims 4 back in 2014 I got it from the local Warehouse store. Now they don't sell games at all and we have to drive to the nearest city to actual games stores to buy games.
    Post edited by Sallycutecat on
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Had to buy my Expansion Packs online & pay the extra online tax instead of buying it in a store.
    Had to learn to be creative with special events & holidays.
    My daughter helped me pick my 1st iPhone & learn how to facetime.
    I totally reconstruct my worlds & game saves in Sims 4 in different timelines.
  • valairia1valairia1 Posts: 100 Member
    Since it came out 6 years ago I have published 8 books got two Masters degrees IRL and started working on my PhD. I started a publishing house, my beloved kitty of 16 years diedd but I adopted 2 kittens who fill my life with joy. My mom got really sick but she is on the mend now. Things are looking up. Because I am a novelist and a publisher COVID didn't impact me they way it did other people.
    The author of The Student Librarian for sale at Amazon. Keep watching for more up coming novels.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I'm the youngest of 3 sisters. In the last 6 years, my oldest sister had to move to the nursing home, my middle sister developed early dementia and now lives with me so I can care for her, and I had a stroke a little over a year ago. Fortunately it was mild and in the right hemisphere, which means no aphasia ie problems with speech. I have some left sided weakness, memory issues and I've lost my depth perception, but I can walk and talk and think, so I am grateful for that. My beloved brother-in-law (middle sister's husband) died of cancer last August. My son got a wonderful job ... 900 miles away. My beautiful little toy poodle, who got me through not only the things listed above but also the deaths of my mother and my own husband, is about to turn 16. I pamper him every day, but he is very feeble.

I've struggled with anxiety, depression, and severe agoraphobia for years, but had to work out of necessity for many of those years. I'm now retired, so COVID-19 hasn't changed life much for me. I've had 5 family members fall ill to it, but blessedly they've all survived.

I've played the sims since Sims 2 days, and I credit about 50% of my sanity to the sims and the other 50 to my dog. I'm thinking of getting a puppy soon. Especially since my sister's cat hates me. :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I changed job and house.