Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WIP: 'The Sims' & 'The Sims 2' Neighbourhoods

2...Next

Comments

• MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    @kkaiser , @PC5337 , @Karon & @Damienf519 Hi!! I am still working on it, progress has just been very slow given all the COVID-19 craziness (and how long detailing terrain paints takes!). Thank you so much for your continued interest and support! I really appreciate it.

kkaizer wrote: »
    The idea of putting all the neighborhoods from sims 1 and 2 into 1 world has always been my dream but I'm afraid if it can be played without any stress... I support your project but do you also consider making, maybe a smaller version of your project? maybe just sims 1 neighborhood, old town, sims 1 downtown, pleasantview, and sims 2 downtown(maybe+bluewater?) since those are the ones that are connected storywise...
    This world won't have *all* of the TS1 & TS2 neighbourhoods, since I agree, it would be too hard on people's computers and not all of the neighbourhoods are connected in the original games (separate storylines, different climates, etc.).
    I'm done TS1 old town & downtown, and am basically finished Pleasantview. I'm now working on TS2 Downtown lots; a few are finished.

Earlier in this thread you can see the bird's eye view of the map layout and how the neighbourhoods connect. It's also on my project website: https://hcfurlong.wixsite.com/simcity/world-progress

The last neighbourhood I was thinking of including is Desiderata Valley from TS2 Freetime. The main reason I chose it over Bluewater Village was that it's a primarily residential suburb and I felt like the world had too many more community lots than residential lots. Bluewater Village only has 10 residential lots but has 23 community lots, so it wouldn't have helped with that problem. However, I wasn't aware of direct storyline ties with Bluewater Village -- after looking at The Sims Wiki, I guess you meant that Malcolm Landgraab IV has a photo with a woman resembling Nina Caliente? Since the connection is mostly speculative, I think it might make more sense to keep Desiderata Valley for a balance of residential vs community lots, but I am open to considering a change if people would prefer Bluewater Village.

This looks AMAZING so far! Will this world be populated?
    I was planning on releasing an unpopulated version and a populated version, and putting all of my recreations of TS1 & TS2 Sims on the Exchange for people who want to pick & choose which they want. I'm not sure how I'm going to populate it with all of the sims that came with these neighbourhoods originally, since some overlap (e.g. The Goths), so I'm open to suggestions on that.
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    Glad to hear that you’re still working on this. I hope eventually finish this.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2020
    @kkaiser , @PC5337 , @Karon & @Damienf519 Hi!! I am still working on it, progress has just been very slow given all the COVID-19 craziness (and how long detailing terrain paints takes!). Thank you so much for your continued interest and support! I really appreciate it.

The idea of putting all the neighborhoods from sims 1 and 2 into 1 world has always been my dream but I'm afraid if it can be played without any stress... I support your project but do you also consider making, maybe a smaller version of your project? maybe just sims 1 neighborhood, old town, sims 1 downtown, pleasantview, and sims 2 downtown(maybe+bluewater?) since those are the ones that are connected storywise...
    This world won't have *all* of the TS1 & TS2 neighbourhoods, since I agree, it would be too hard on people's computers and not all of the neighbourhoods are connected in the original games (separate storylines, different climates, etc.).
    I'm done TS1 old town & downtown, and am basically finished Pleasantview. I'm now working on TS2 Downtown lots; a few are finished.

Earlier in this thread you can see the bird's eye view of the map layout and how the neighbourhoods connect. It's also on my project website: https://hcfurlong.wixsite.com/simcity/world-progress

The last neighbourhood I was thinking of including is Desiderata Valley from TS2 Freetime. The main reason I chose it over Bluewater Village was that it's a primarily residential suburb and I felt like the world had too many more community lots than residential lots. Bluewater Village only has 10 residential lots but has 23 community lots, so it wouldn't have helped with that problem. However, I wasn't aware of direct storyline ties with Bluewater Village -- after looking at The Sims Wiki, I guess you meant that Malcolm Landgraab IV has a photo with a woman resembling Nina Caliente? Since the connection is mostly speculative, I think it might make more sense to keep Desiderata Valley for a balance of residential vs community lots, but I am open to considering a change if people would prefer Bluewater Village.

I was planning on releasing an unpopulated version and a populated version, and putting all of my recreations of TS1 & TS2 Sims on the Exchange for people who want to pick & choose which they want. I'm not sure how I'm going to populate it with all of the sims that came with these neighbourhoods originally, since some overlap (e.g. The Goths), so I'm open to suggestions on that.

You could palce them in the Sims 1 timeline or Sims 2 timeline instead of adding all versions of them. Like if you pick SIms 1, you could add Sims 1 Pleasant family where Daniel is a kid living in their SIms 2 house, implying that he inherited that house sicne they were on family bin in Sims 1. Then, in this case you could include the Goth family in their SIms 1 house, the Goth Sr in their Sims 1 house, and the Sims 2 house could be inhabited by Gunther's sister as a ghost and her uncle/aunt from Moonlight Falls.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you know that but in Riverview there's a road called "Riverblossom Hills". Would be cool to see an expanded Riverview set in the future including Riverblossom Hills.
  • kkaizerkkaizer Posts: 9 New Member
    I am so glad you are still working on it!! When I was talking about connection, I just meant the existence of the Landgraab family in Bluewater village. Since they are one of the big names in this game, I just felt that it would be good if you can include them.
  • PC5337PC5337 Posts: 54 Member
    Hi @Morningstar !! I hope you and this project are doing well!
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    PC5337 wrote: »

Thanks so much, @PC5337! I've been slowly working on this world still -- I've past the halfway point on TS2 Downtown lots. Unfortunately I've still been procrastinating a lot on the terrain painting.

I've also copied all of my old Sims Wix site content over to my new site, HannahCanada.ca
    The section on this custom world project can be found here: https://www.hannahcanada.ca/create-a-world-overview
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • BrycenTheSimmerBrycenTheSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Morningstar said:
    > Thanks so much, @PC5337! I've been slowly working on this world still -- I've past the halfway point on TS2 Downtown lots. Unfortunately I've still been procrastinating a lot on the terrain painting.
    >
    > I've also copied all of my old Sims Wix site content over to my new site, HannahCanada.ca
    > The section on this custom world project can be found here: https://www.hannahcanada.ca/create-a-world-overview

It's really good to know that you've still been working on this! I haven't checked this page in a while but I'm getting a new computer soon, and I randomly remembered this exists. Hope it's going well, and I'm excited to play this when it's finished.
  • ML2003ML2003 Posts: 21 Member
    PC5337 wrote: »

Thanks so much, @PC5337! I've been slowly working on this world still -- I've past the halfway point on TS2 Downtown lots. Unfortunately I've still been procrastinating a lot on the terrain painting.

I've also copied all of my old Sims Wix site content over to my new site, HannahCanada.ca
    The section on this custom world project can be found here: https://www.hannahcanada.ca/create-a-world-overview

So exciting, congrats for this project! I can't wait to play with this world!

Would you have some updates to share about it please? :)
  • ML2003ML2003 Posts: 21 Member

I'd definitely prefer Bluewater Village over Desiderata Valley since its tied to the Landgraabs, a major family in the lore as you know

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top