Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Riverview Rocks!

I’m so pleased that I started a new game choosing Riverview as my world because it has lot’s of lots of various sizes and I can play all the packs (no Island Paradiso-no play I like) without much lag! I usually leave Pets out too but this town cries for pets and wildlife. I have never played this world before but I am pleased! I usually play Hidden Springs because it works fairly well but man Riverview Rocks!

Comments

• BerryCharmingBerryCharming Posts: 38 Member
    I was actually looking for a world I can play in with little to no lag to start up a farming generational type of save. Thinks for this!
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @BerryCharming

Good Luck!
  • MsDaisyMsDaisy Posts: 22 Member
    I think I've never played in Riverview but I will give it a chance.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    and...best of all, it's free... the only store world that is...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2020
    Riverview is hands down my favorite store world to work with. It's the one around which my nine year old legacy style game is centered. There are many other (Traveler mod) connected worlds involved, but Riverview is always "home."

But is anyone else disappointed to find that this thread is not actually about "rocks" (large stones, boulders) every time they see it has been posted to? :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    LOL sort of? I'll admit I've used this world a couple times. But to be honest, for some reason I just didn't like it that much.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I chose Riverview to be my legacy game, and the Grisby's. B)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Riverview is hands down my favorite store world to work with. It's the one around which my nine year old legacy style game is centered. There are many other (Traveler mod) connected worlds involved, but Riverview is always "home."

But is anyone else disappointed to find that this thread is not actually about "rocks" (large stones, boulders) every time they see it has been posted to? :/

I so look forward to your little antidotes!
  • giulliagiullia Posts: 25 Member
    I love Riverview! I can’t stay there for more than a few generations because I always end up missing the beaches, but it’s wonderful to build farms there. I bought the chicken coop, the corral and the tractor in the Store just to play in Riverview.
    The Goldsmith Legacy
    - A Sims 3 Legacy Challenge.

6.jpg?w=1024

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    I am currently playing a Save in Riverview (The McCormack Save) but I haven't had much experience in Riverview. I usually create a Community Garden
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    i love riverview, i regret not settling there now with this family. i adoreeeeeeeeee the world i'm playing on, but there's not any room to expand, and some of the lots are unusable because of terrain issues. weird angles and slopes, if i try plonking a house down the lot turns into a mountain or something xD
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited September 2020
    McTosh - here is a cheat that you can fiddle with lots that don't fit right - the value of 1 will raise the land 1 level. -1 will sink it 1 level.
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-imported-house-raiseslowers-the-terrain.html
    McTosh - here is a cheat that you can fiddle with lots that don't fit right - the value of 1 will raise the land 1 level. -1 will sink it 1 level.
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-imported-house-raiseslowers-the-terrain.html

Oooo thanks, I'll give it a whirl <3
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited September 2020
    Riverview is one of my most favorite worlds! And I really love the townies there! When I first explored it I was totally new to TS3. I didn't like the layout at all. But once I learned that I could edit the town and add/delete lots and move stuff around to the way I wanted, I totally fell in love with the world! I've had so many great playthroughs there!

igazor wrote: »

does one mind posting a few screenshots of their riverview?

rumour has it someone wants to steal ideas of how to develop it

no idea who
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited September 2020
    @igazor, I'm not sure that this is what you're referring to.
    Screenshot-77.jpg
    They are "rocks" and they are in Riverview... :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-81.jpg
    See...

Rocks...
    Screenshot-43.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    And to counteract all this sudden violence, the next time my active gameplay rotates and I'm back in Riverview I will be setting up a new cafe with live music venue called "Riverview Rocks!"

See, you can't always trigger an undignified response on someone who identifies as non-violent.

(one eyelid and opposite corner of upper lip begin to twitch...just a little bit, honest you can hardly notice it)
    :|
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    kULTa2v.png
    Yes, Riverview is my favorite world too, always has been. It was love at first sight, <3<3<3 and the fact that it's FREE makes it even better!

Whenever I play in any of the other worlds it always feels like I'm away on a journey, and after a while I invariably start to feel homesick and must return to my lovely Riverview.

Riverview in the Store.

A thread called "Fall in love with Riverview all over again."

Riverview at SimsWiki.

Riverview Official trailer.
  • AprylaApryla Posts: 23 Member
    I was looking for inspiration for a new game and I think I just found it! I was dreaming about Sims 3 last night, so I'm basically going to play it non-stop for a while. :P
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    edited September 2020
    I remember Riverview was the first town I tried other than Sunset Valley. Such a great place for pets! :)
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    A bird's-eye view of Riverview:

nTwWrht.jpg