Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Best Create-A-Sim

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited September 2020
    The Sims 4
    The only thing I really miss from CAS in TS4 is The ability to save outfits. Color wheels are cool too, but I’m already too indecisive and I appreciate the swatches. Saves me time.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    The Sims 4
    ts3 sims were super ugly and so were the outfits and hairs and i had ridiculously big cc folder those days that included like every object i ever needed

= definitely not fond of ts3 cas
    sure color wheel is cool but everything else.... :confounded:

ts2 I like somewhat better but the fact is every sim in ts2 looks like britney spears or their cousin no matter what you do
    and well diversity in skintones and body shapes is truly 0 heck you can't even have fat sim

but i mean if ur gonna just make britney spears sim its perfect you got all the fabulous early 2000 outfits and all
    you can have pretty britney sim

also i have to applaud the elders cas in ts2 so much goodness for britney in her retirement years too

I feel like ts2 has most feeling of "different age groups wear different things"

and like that early 2000 fashion just has me like wow i remember when people wore this and it was good and simpler time

I don't recall using lots of cc in ts2 days either cause i didnt feel need

ts1... can we even call it cas :sweat_smile:
    heads with hairs...bodies with outfits... oh lord.

but I have to give it to them there was so many beautiful clothes and themey outfits I really miss now in my game like who don't wanna randomly wear ancient greek outfit everywhere??? or fancy evening gown?
    ( honestly i still make my sims this way there is no realism in their outfits i just choose what looks cool and pretend it makes sense)

ts4

sims are pretty and despite problems with swatches it is fairly possible to make anyone

haven't used any cc yet either

one downside is however that they ditched the themey and fun clothes we had with ts1 and 2 and there is not so much "lifestage clothing" which id really like to have cause in my mind everyone does not wear jeans and croptop (ok actually in my mind no one wears jeans and crop top i don't have sim that wears those clothes)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    caitlinx00caitlinx00 Posts: 170 Member
    The Sims 4
    Ability to put clothes of any style on any sim (age-permitting) swings it for me. I also appreciate the ability to filter by clothing type which wasn't present in TS3.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The Sims 3
    Oh, this is a hard choice for me! 😯

I love the push and pull of Sims 4, but Sims 3 has the color wheel and create a style! 🙂

I put Sims 3, since it has a bit more creative tools, both in CAS and in Build mode.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    The Sims 4
    I find it hard to play this game because I enjoyed them all when I played them. I prefer TS4 sims though. I think you can make sims that are physically quirky with various body types.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The Sims 4
    It's no contest... if Sims 4 has done anything right, it's CAS and build/buy mode!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The Sims 3
    In terms of versatility with hair/eye/clothes colours sims 3. I loved the colour wheel and flexibility to change the patterns in clothes. Sims 4 sims look too much the same after a while and feel there is too much restriction in cas. For me cas is one of the weaker links of sims 4. I can’t remember sims 2 as I hated playing it and played the game about 4 times and sims 1 cas is way too restrictive but I appreciate it was a new game and finding its feet at the time.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    The Sims 4
    The styled looks come in handy when I’m too lazy to dress them. You can put any hat with any hairstyle and for some boots the pants are tucked in. It’s the little things 🤷‍♀️

I just found out about styled looks not too long ago and love it. I have no idea how I went so long without knowing about it. I just wish now we could save our own styled looks. I would use it to make placeholder outfits for townies/sims that I want to makeover later - so they don't look awful in the meantime :D
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    The Sims 4
    Its really a draw between

TS3: loved CASt and the colour picker. Hated how shiny everything was, like....really, shiny jeans....? Loved how I could save outfits, how we could pick different colours for different parts of hair.

TS4: Great variety of styles and colours, love Styled looks! Only thing I'm missing is the ability to add our own...cause I use it a lot on random townies, and after a while, they start looking the same. So I use it as a base quite often, and add/change things around. But overall, the look and feel of TS4 CAS is a lot better.
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    The Sims 4
    i love all(but i hate sims 2 cas lol but the gameplay is golden) but sims 4 is the winner becuase i love the cas items and desgin of how toddlers look compared to sims 3
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    The Sims 4
    The Sims 4 for creating sims, Sims 3 for skin and hair and dressing them. And with unlocked sliders and care you can make some great Sims.

But it's far easier to create a good enough sim in Sims 4, randomise 4 or 5 times till you get something interesting, tweak the face and body and bingo!
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    The Sims 4
    TS4 has its issues but the CAS doesn't want to make me pull my hair out and beat my head against the wall. It's easy to use once you understand it.

TS2 is really basic, TS3 (due to their take on the realistic art style) my Sims end up nearly identical or ugly, but with just a little practice, TS4 is pretty easy to figure out.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    The Sims 4
    I was in TS2 and TS3 CAS. TS1 is too old to have good cas.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    The Sims 4
    What we have at the moment is the best there's been. That's not to say it's perfect, but it has so much going for it.