Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No SW alien masks and faceprints on Batuu :(

2...Next

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Guys, I posted this in the screenshots thread, but thought you'd like to see this too. My sim is wearing regular clothes in Batuu. :smile:
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I updated Oga's Cantina with a hotel in the basement and public toilets outside. And because @elanorbreton pointed out that there's not much to do for kids, I added the spaceship playground as well.

ArHmIPf.png

weUFlcV.png

THr9tsW.png

And, surprise, surprise, after sleeping in a regular bed, she changed into her regular nightie and regular everyday clothes. :lol:

hiXigAX.png

ZnSU2An.png

brUYak5.png

• Aelirenn1Aelirenn1 Posts: 4 New Member
    My zabrak "hat" disappeared when she went to Batuu, but her skin remained the lovely red color I gave her. I'm annoyed that the traditional facial tattoos that zabraks have are apparently not in the game. Maybe I just missed them.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My game wouldn't let my Sims wear their normal clothes, so I'm not sure how yours got so lucky!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BaishunBaishun Posts: 23 Member
    I think it might be intentional because the First order seems very anti-alien. Rather than trying to code that discrimination into the game, they sort of force you to play "Human" or at least not "Star Wars alien".

I did the same thing, creating a lovely twi'lek and shuttling her off to Batuu, only to find her "hat" removed, so her skin was recolored and her little lekku were gone. :(

I have learned through playing that you can't recruit aliens into the First Order. There's an Aspiration requirement to recruit 3 sims into the First Order, but the option is grayed out on aliens and hovering over it gives you a popup explanation that "Aliens are not welcome in the First Order". (This, incidentally, makes the aspiration impossible, since there simply are NO neutral human sims for you to recruit; ALL the non-aligned citizens are aliens. Ooops. :| )
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited September 2020
    Rouensims wrote: »
    My game wouldn't let my Sims wear their normal clothes, so I'm not sure how yours got so lucky!

She changes into her regular clothes after using the bed and bathtub I placed in the basement of the cantina, just like in the home neighbourhoods. :) It's also possible to just use the wardrobe and then I have access to all her regular clothes. No trace of the Batuu clothes in her wardrobe. :)

BIUqUaR.png
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm using one of the new alien masks on my sim in Batuu wKqlhd8.png So I don't know why you can't. My sim is an actual alien, I wonder if that makes a difference.

Did you choose the mask through the "Plan Batuu outfit" interaction? My sim is an alien too but I have no option to choose these masks. Do you have any mods that could make some outfits available?

Yes they were available once I traveled there and I selected it from the Plan Batuu Outfit CAS. I have all my CAS available, all packs. The only mod I use that may be effecting it is MCCC. I took at quick look at my settings in that but I get lost and can't find anything to do with CAS.

There is definitely a mod that affects CAS in your game because by default the "Batuu outfit" options are limited to the clothing which comes with the SW pack.

I went through my mods one by one to find out which one it is. It's More Cas Columns that is letting me use all the outfit options and alien hats. Weird! I use the 5 column version.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I went through my mods one by one to find out which one it is. It's More Cas Columns that is letting me use all the outfit options and alien hats. Weird! I use the 5 column version.

I will have to get that mod then, unless a simpler one is created by the time I get the pack. Thanks for letting us know ❤️
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    Komura wrote: »
    It was intentional. I’m sorry you’re disappointed :/

How strange... Why make them available in CAS, if we can't use them only on Batuu? I'm just trying to see a reason.

Honestly I don’t understand either, the Sims is supposed to be a sandbox game. Seems really off to me to limit what people can and can’t do in almost any aspect of this game. This pack however is apparently full of limitations like this, I’m sure modders will be able to fix it though so that you have more control over how your sim presents themself :smiley:

Sims 4 is half an sandbox unlike other versions almost everything regardless of pack could be used but not in Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    okester wrote: »

I will have to get that mod then, unless a simpler one is created by the time I get the pack. Thanks for letting us know ❤️

I just installed the mod . I am not an alien and it works! : )
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Hmmm, I'm using one of the new alien masks on my sim in Batuu wKqlhd8.png So I don't know why you can't. My sim is an actual alien, I wonder if that makes a difference.

Did you choose the mask through the "Plan Batuu outfit" interaction? My sim is an alien too but I have no option to choose these masks. Do you have any mods that could make some outfits available?

Yes they were available once I traveled there and I selected it from the Plan Batuu Outfit CAS. I have all my CAS available, all packs. The only mod I use that may be effecting it is MCCC. I took at quick look at my settings in that but I get lost and can't find anything to do with CAS.

There is definitely a mod that affects CAS in your game because by default the "Batuu outfit" options are limited to the clothing which comes with the SW pack.

Thank you so much. The mod does indeed work even on non-aliens.
  • Honeybun528Honeybun528 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Baishun said:
    > I think it might be intentional because the First order seems very anti-alien. Rather than trying to code that discrimination into the game, they sort of force you to play "Human" or at least not "Star Wars alien".
    >
    > I did the same thing, creating a lovely twi'lek and shuttling her off to Batuu, only to find her "hat" removed, so her skin was recolored and her little lekku were gone. :(
    >
    > I have learned through playing that you can't recruit aliens into the First Order. There's an Aspiration requirement to recruit 3 sims into the First Order, but the option is grayed out on aliens and hovering over it gives you a popup explanation that "Aliens are not welcome in the First Order". (This, incidentally, makes the aspiration impossible, since there simply are NO neutral human sims for you to recruit; ALL the non-aligned citizens are aliens. Ooops. :| )

I have the new aspiration on my normal, human sim. You are correct that you can't recruit aliens into the First Order. It tells you that they must be HUMAN and neutral. In other words, not already in the Resistance. However, the aspiration is able to be completed, you just have to hunt around in the Black Spire area, mainly at the Cantina. Yes, there are a few rare humans hanging around. They may be on vacation from one of your "normal" worlds. At least that's the way it appeared to be in my game.
    > @Honeybun528 said:
    >
    > I have the new aspiration on my normal, human sim. You are correct that you can't recruit aliens into the First Order. It tells you that they must be HUMAN and neutral. In other words, not already in the Resistance. However, the aspiration is able to be completed, you just have to hunt around in the Black Spire area, mainly at the Cantina. Yes, there are a few rare humans hanging around. They may be on vacation from one of your "normal" worlds. At least that's the way it appeared to be in my game.
    >
    >

Hmmm...I'll give that a shot. I've been here for hours and haven't seen but one non-aligned human, and that person was a lightsaber duelist who didn't have the "Convince to Join" option because it was replaced with "Challenge to a Duel". But maybe I'm missing them.

I wonder if I can invite some humans to travel with me and then ask them? haha :)

Anyways, thanks! :D
    So...no. It doesn't work with people you bring with you. :/

Also, I have looked and looked. There ARE a few humans in Black Spire, but they're ALL Scoundrels, and do not give the "Convince to join" option. Only the "Ask about [faction]". I have yet to see a single person in any of the three areas that is non-aligned and human where that dialogue option exists and isn't grayed out. This is incredibly frustrating. :(
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I believe it's because only humans can join the first order so if your sim was an alien they wouldn't have that option.
    edited September 2020
    Rouensims wrote: »

@Rouensims if you have MCCC, if you use the MCCC change outfit option you can select their normal non Batuu clothes.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @MaggieMarley thank you. :) I don't actually have MCCC.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited September 2020
    Baishun wrote: »
    So...no. It doesn't work with people you bring with you. :/

Also, I have looked and looked. There ARE a few humans in Black Spire, but they're ALL Scoundrels, and do not give the "Convince to join" option. Only the "Ask about [faction]". I have yet to see a single person in any of the three areas that is non-aligned and human where that dialogue option exists and isn't grayed out. This is incredibly frustrating. :(

@Baishun I had a hard time finding non first order humans to convince to join too. You will find them, it will just take a while.
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @Baishun is your sim rank two of the first order? They only get the convince to join first order option at rank 2.

I'm actually Rank 5 in the First Order now, but even when I was Rank 2 it wasn't working. It's not a matter of not having the option, it's literally not having ANYONE to use it on. Like I said, I get the option for non-aligned aliens, but it's grayed out because they're aliens. I quite literally can't find a single non-aligned human being anywhere on Batuu. All the humans in Black Spire, or the other two areas quite frankly, are Scoundrels and so they don't give you the option, or they're aligned to the First Order or the Resistance.
    edited September 2020
    Baishun wrote: »
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @Baishun is your sim rank two of the first order? They only get the convince to join first order option at rank 2.

I'm actually Rank 5 in the First Order now, but even when I was Rank 2 it wasn't working. It's not a matter of not having the option, it's literally not having ANYONE to use it on. Like I said, I get the option for non-aligned aliens, but it's grayed out because they're aliens. I quite literally can't find a single non-aligned human being anywhere on Batuu. All the humans in Black Spire, or the other two areas quite frankly, are Scoundrels and so they don't give you the option, or they're aligned to the First Order or the Resistance.

@Baishun yeah I noticed that you'd said that you did have the option to convince people to join so I figured you must be rank 2 or above and I edited my reply.

I had a hard time finding non aligned humans to convince to join too. You will find them, it will just take a while.
    Actually I was wrong. I've lost that interaction altogether. Before, if I clicked a sim that was a "Citizen" and an alien, I'd at least get the "Convince to Join" interaction but it would be grayed out. Now it simply has the "Ask about [faction]" options but no Convince, not even a grayed out one. (There are still no human "citizens" anywhere anyways, but that's besides the point when the whole thing doesn't seem to be working at all.) This is really frustrating. :/
    Okay I solved it. I still can't make a new thread so I'll post here in case anyone else is having issues with how ridiculously vague this game is some times (especially this pack; I don't remember having these kinda of issues with ANY of the other Sims 4 content).

The people to convert have to be human, and CAN belong to the Scoundrel faction as well as the Batuu Citizen faction. This is important because there is only one human "Citizen" who moves back and forth between Black Spire and the First Order area.

Secondly, and this is where it gets really stupid, the command to "Convince to Join the Fist Order" is not usually one of the first that pops up when you click on someone. If it's not there (and it likely won't be), you can find it under "Friendly" interactions (yep, because that makes complete sense...) instead of under the Batuu menu.

Terrible design, btw. If the command doesn't pop up on that first set of choices (and I've never seen it do that), you'd likely not know where to go to find it. This wasted HOURS of my time. :|
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Aelirenn1 wrote: »
    My zabrak "hat" disappeared when she went to Batuu, but her skin remained the lovely red color I gave her. I'm annoyed that the traditional facial tattoos that zabraks have are apparently not in the game. Maybe I just missed them.

There are zabrak-facial markings. Think they are under facepaint in the makeup-section of CAS. If you search for items from the pack they should show up.

I intend to use cheats to place a wardrobe on one of the lots so my aliens can change back into their real self.
  • Honeybun528Honeybun528 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Baishun said:
    > Okay I solved it. I still can't make a new thread so I'll post here in case anyone else is having issues with how ridiculously vague this game is some times (especially this pack; I don't remember having these kinda of issues with ANY of the other Sims 4 content).
    >
    > The people to convert have to be human, and CAN belong to the Scoundrel faction as well as the Batuu Citizen faction. This is important because there is only one human "Citizen" who moves back and forth between Black Spire and the First Order area.
    >
    > Secondly, and this is where it gets really stupid, the command to "Convince to Join the Fist Order" is not usually one of the first that pops up when you click on someone. If it's not there (and it likely won't be), you can find it under "Friendly" interactions (yep, because that makes complete sense...) instead of under the Batuu menu.
    >
    > Terrible design, btw. If the command doesn't pop up on that first set of choices (and I've never seen it do that), you'd likely not know where to go to find it. This wasted HOURS of my time. :|

@Baishun: Sorry you wasted so much time figuring all that out. I had figured it out earlier, and was about to post more details for you, but just as I was trying to compose my post my internet went out, and was out for over 8 hrs!!

I agree with you on the terrible design.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited September 2020
    I actually have a question about this. My sim is in the First Order, and she's trying to recruit sims to join. It says that the First Order will only accept human sims. This would be fine, as it's supported by both the movies (well, kinda) and also in-game. Except... I have Get To Work. My sim, who is in the First Order, is an alien.
    banner.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Well, I guess you can use the actual Sims Aliens, just not the "Mask Aliens". Good to know. I was reluctant to have my pretty Alien travel to Batuu.
    This is going to be fun.🤗