Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you buy it

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Not yet. But I am looking forward to it. I will get it on sale or in a bundle.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Not yet, but I probably will soon.
    I'm still waiting to hear about the bugs that the game pack brought. So far I haven't heard about any.
    This is the first pack I haven't bought on release day. I'm not a Star Wars fan, but the game pack looks fun to me. If I will buy it I'm going to treat Batuu as a theme park where my Sims can go play sort of a live action role play SW game. I would also love SW themed restaurants and bars on my saves.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yep, bought it right after midnight and have been staying up waaay too late being immersed, lol.

Really loving it. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Jess_KimbaJess_Kimba Posts: 20 Member
    Nope. Maybe if they have it for 70% off or more.

I also never bought Moschino stuff or Eco Lifestyle and never will. These packs lately are appalling.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    yeppers :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Not yet. More than likely in a bundle at some point though
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It looks good in pictures but does nothing so no for me. I won't ever buy this.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Nope never going to happen
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2020
    No. It looks beautiful mind you, I actually quite enjoy looking at other people's screenshots. At the same time, I feel like that's what most of the gameplay consists of too. Just looking at .. idk. Sims doing the same boring stuff they did in JA? Opening a chest, typing something, waiting half a year for the interaction to finish. Except this time they stay at a rabbit hole, dine at a rabbit, hole, shop in a rabbit hole and even fly in a rabbit hole. So no. I don't think I ever will buy it.

ETA: also, with Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, Hellblade 2, Crash 4 & the new PS5 coming up this year still, my money's better spent there anyway. :joy:
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yes I did - because I hoped it would be fun, not to complete my collection or anything.

Here are my thoughts on it (I will copy and paste what I wrote in the 'do you recommend buying JTB?' thread):

I'm sorry to have to say this but I do not recommend buying it. I was really excited by the prospect of a Star Wars pack and I thought it could be amazing. I bought it and yes there are fun bits but overall... I have to admit that I am disappointed. And I don't like saying that.

The world is beautiful but there are so many rabbit holes. That would be ok so long as the gameplay was good but unfortunately so far I haven't found that to be the case.

They said that there are 50 missions and that sounds very impressive. But then you realise that all of the missions are just different combinations of the same few interactions and those interactions aren't all that interesting. For example, in the first order most of the 'missions' consist of completing something like the following checklist:

- intimidate 3 citizens
    - check IDs
    - Make arrest

Sure, there are a few variations. Sometimes you get to fly a space ship (which is a rabbithole obviously) or something like that but overall it's mostly just rabbitholes and talking to different sims.

It would have been great if the resistance base and the first order base had been like the temple from Jungle Adventure: there could have been a series of rooms with doors that you can only open by dismantling traps. There could also have been guards patrolling inside the base who you'd have to incapacitate eg with your lightsabre or with a blaster (presumably set to stun) in order to keep going. At the middle of the base could have been information that you'd have to steal or something. And the base and all its traps would reset every 24 hours like the JA temples. I would have loved that.

ETA: And this puts me in mind of another thing. I've touched on this above but in general it would have been nice if some missions had involved having to fight sims from the other side using lightsabres or blasters (right now as I go on to say later lightsabres have little functionality and they are not integrated into the main gameplay aspect of the pack: the missions).

It would have been great if as you climbed the ranks of, say, the first order, you would have to go and fight progressively higher ranked members of the resistance (in some instances this could have been simply to arrest them, in others to get something that they were guarding). During these 'battles', you would click on your sim's opponent and choose different options (E.g. maybe different moves with the lightsabre such as lunge/parry and as your 'lightsabre skill' got higher there would be more complex options to choose from. There would be something similar to this for fighting with blasterts too). Anyway, these 'battles' (and lightsabre/blaster duels in general) would work in a way similar to fighting the Mother in SV where you have to click on the Mother and choose different ways to fight her.

At the top of the first order you could perhaps get the mission to fight and defeat Rey, perhaps using lightsabres and the force. Likewise at the top of the Resistance you'd get a mission to fight and defeat Kylo. This would also have added a story element to the pack which it sorely needs since after defeating Rey/Kylo, they could fly away in a space ship or something and the Resistance/First Order would have been wiped out on Batuu.

Right now, a mission often requires you to 'arrest' other sims after performing the base game fight interaction. But in a Star Wars pack I would have expected proper 'battles' with lightsabres/blasters (even if your opponent was only knocked out).

Also, nothing seems to happen once you get to the top of the first order which is disappointing.

Maybe the Resistance will be more interesting, I'll try that next. But, based on what I have seen so far I wouldn't recommend buying it. I so wanted to like this pack. But I just don't. And that makes me sad.

Lightsabres are cool but without a jedi lifestate they feel ultimately kind of pointless. I think that a jedi lifestate with a hierarchy and a perks/weaknesses system like that of vampires and spellcasters could have been great.

Alternatively, the Force could have been a skill, with your sim being able to do more things with the Force as they level up.

ETA: To add to this, I feel like there should have been some kind of lightsabre skill rather than lightsabres building the fitness skill. There should also be a more detailed system for fighting with lightsabres as I have said before, with different and more complex lightsabre 'moves' unlocking as your sim builds their lightsabre skill. And fighting another sim with a lightsabre should be more interactive - it should involve choosing different moves (e.g. lunge, parry and more complex moves too).

On the subject of the missing Jedi lifesate, even if they weren't going to make Jedi a fully fleshed out lifestate like vampires or spellcasters with their own perks/weaknesses/rank system, I don't understand why they didn't implement even a very basic Jedi lifestate. This could have been simply a sim who can use lightsabres (non Jedi sims would be unable to do this) and use The Force to do a few things e.g. the Jedi mind trick or choking sims (not to death obviously). The mechanics for this are already in the pack since Rey can do a Jedi mind trick on your sim and Kylo when he gets angry can choke your sim (not to death) using the force. They would just have needed to open up these interactions to played sims.

Also, spellcasters can't use magic on Batuu (just like vampires can't use their vampire powers on Batuu and aliens can't use their alien powers). So, you can forget about making a spellcaster and pretending that they are a jedi who can use 'the force' (aka in this instance magic).

I'd hoped that this pack would involve playing through a story like Strangerville did but there's none of that in this pack. Without that, it feels like you are just completing mission after mission with no end goal like defeating the mother in sight. I'll say it again: when you get to the top of the first order, nothing happens.

Your sim's actions and the missions they undertake within the First Order or The Resistance should actually contribute to bringing down the other side.

Playing in the resistance, you should be able to drive Klyo and the First Order out of Batuu. Playing in the First Order, you should be able to drive Rey and the Resistance out of Batuu (there could even be a cut scene of the resistance/first order fleeing Batuu in their space ships). Without this possibility, the missions that your sim will do for either side feel like they lack any point.

Of course, aliens are not different lifestates and I don't have a problem with that. This is only a game pack and adding lots of different alien lifestates would have probably been too much for a gamepack. But I wish they had made the alien features into skin details which could be inherited by their children. The fact that it's just a mask and can't be worn by kids breaks the immersion.

And yes I am disappointed that we can't romance Kylo or Rey. But that's really only a minor thing.

Another thing is that the aspirations are quite dull and feel like gameplay tutorials. Also, there's no new traits.

There could have been so much more to this pack. That's why I'm disappointed.

I hope I don't come across as though I'm being overly negative. I don't want to be. And I don't want to belittle the views of people who are enjoying the pack, or to attack the simgurus. But I'd be lying if I said that I like this pack and I honestly can't recommend buying it. I think at half price it'd be worth it.

I'm not sure that I necessarily regret buying this pack. It will be nice to have the option to send my sims to Batuu and having new aspirations is always nice. Plus there's some nice CAS and BB. But, I do think that it's one of my least favourite GPs. And that's surprising to me, since I am not a realism player. I think a Star Wars pack was a great idea but I do not think that it was implemented well. I have to admit that.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    No, I did not buy it.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I didn’t buy it and I won’t. I like the toddler and children’s outfits but not enough to buy it. It’s good that some people are enjoying it but the info or the screenshots coming out haven’t swayed me. I’ll just hope that I’ll enjoy the next pack
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    X1Lm21O.png
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    I was considering buying it but some reviews have put me off.

I was just thinking "Would I spend 20 bucks on this if it wasn't in the sims?" and the answer is a big no. There's in no way 20 bucks worth of content here. I think in the Sims we've got so used to half a**ed content that we've lost the concept of worth. This is not 20 bucks worth of work in any way shape or form. If this pack was a standalone game there's no way on earth I'd say its worth the price. Maybe I'll get it on sale or if I'm bored, that's it.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Nope but glad other people seem to be enjoying the new pack!
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    No, but I will when I am able to :)

ETA: Oops, I just realized you were asking the ones who said No prior to the pack coming out. I never, ever said I wouldn't buy it or I would buy it.

My answer remains though, I will when I am able :D
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes, I like it!

M6jWoSV.png
    w0J1z33.png
    GTQZ5MB.png
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Nope, there's absolutely nothing of interest for me in this pack.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    No, and really, unlike any of the other packs that have been released, I really don't see how it fits into the game.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Nope, the 2nd Sims pack ever that I didn't buy. That includes the original The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and the Sims 4. The other one I didn't buy was the knitting pack. And now I see that they are doing a murder mystery? Nope, to me the sims have lost their way. They need to get back to their original design...SIMULATION of Life.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2020
    Im willing to have an incomplete collection. Not dealing with this pack.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    No, never will. I dont find it to be deserving of my money.
  • Nope. Not going to buy it now or on sale. I wouldn’t even accept it if it was given out for free.

The game is a freakin’ mess of bugs right now (without mods) and quite frankly I am angry that I have to put up with how frustrating (and gamebreaking) these bugs are just so some people can go and have their sims cosplay a storm trooper and force Kylo to have their baby. 🤦🏻‍♀️

And example of a frustrating bug - my sim will not finished started knitting projects unless you sit them down first. It annoys me but I have a work around.

And even more frustrating bug: Chess games (and some other things like movies) don’t end. You’re stuck in an endless loop. My genius child cannot complete her aspiration goal of play 3 chess games as the game never ends.

A more serious bug: Jungle Adventures when you just go there crashes some people to desktop. I haven’t tested it but if you search on the forums here this has been reported by a few people. I will likely test this later.

Another more serious bug: water glasses are getting stuck in Sims’ hands. They cannot go to bed to refill their energy or do other things even after you cancel the water icon. You cannot get rid of it without coming out of the game and going back in.

Don’t even get me started on the N.A.Ps.

So while the game continues to be a mess of bugs that continue to occur, reoccur and be ignored because fixing bugs doesn’t make money like a new pack does, this wallet is closed permanently.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Nope, the 2nd Sims pack ever that I didn't buy. That includes the original The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and the Sims 4. The other one I didn't buy was the knitting pack. And now I see that they are doing a murder mystery? Nope, to me the sims have lost their way. They need to get back to their original design...SIMULATION of Life.

Fortunately, the murder mystery thing has been confirmed to be a fake. Good riddance.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Yes, yes I did! I am going to build a Jedi school in the Realm of Magic and my spellcasters will henceforth be jedi. No wands just lightsabres and rocket brooms from now on. I like the cc and the bb objects to be honest, I'm not a huge Star wars (sarcastic tm) fan but I can do so much with the guturistic stuff and the droids and servo's it needed to be done. I might even try the gameplay but I'm not sure about the pooping in the woods bit. I mean if Chewbacca is doing that can you imagine his back end? That as a given can we have a dog grooming pack so he isn't wandering around all smelly and knotted? (Oh come on everyone elses mind must have gone there too!)