Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Yes I am but be careful slicing you can get caught and if you can't talk yourself out of it you end up in a fight and getting thrown into jail for a time. The character I created for my boyfriend well he's been in jail a couple of times while my scoundrel talks herself out of trouble lol.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes I am but be careful slicing you can get caught and if you can't talk yourself out of it you end up in a fight and getting thrown into jail for a time. The character I created for my boyfriend well he's been in jail a couple of times while my scoundrel talks herself out of trouble lol.

Your sim can go to prison? That's kind of awesome.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Lol, I can't find the Dwelling. :D
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    edited September 2020
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Your sim can go to prison? That's kind of awesome.

Yea. You don't actually see the prison (unfor) but they can, though I think if you have trained with the lightsaber you should be able to use that, but oh well.

I am trying to stay true to our characters (from SWTOR) so only the character that is essentially a Jedi is training. I will not train my smuggler as one as she was never a jedi to start with lol;
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Thanks for posting this here.

Is everyone having fun? I haven't had a great deal of spare time today but I did go into the three lots and add some basic amenities. I can't wait to see more builds coming out, I haven't seen many yet.

I played a little bit last night with a single sim in one of my neighborhoods that I knew had like a four day weekend upcoming. I didn't save it because I didn't intend for her to be a Star Wars person.

I've been tinkering off and on with my Star Wars save, adjusting households, renaming them, putting them in at least new everyday clothing (I've been getting a lot of use out of not just the JTB clothing, but also Realm of Magic and Eco Lifestyle's clothing). I also found some lots on the gallery that I've been adding bit by bit.

There's an X-Wing Pilot's cabin that fits on the Pebble Burrow lot in Oasis Springs. It's now the home of Karson Levye, which is just George Cahill from Strangerville, but in some different clothing and me hitting the name randomizer until I got something sufficiently Star Wars-y. He's an old X-Wing pilot who fought in the Rebellion but now he's retired and a bit nutty. His neighbors, the Stonebreakers (Bjergsens) operate a moisture farm.

I found a lot that's meant to be a junk trader's house and fits on a 20x15 lot, but the 20x15 lots in Oasis Springs have the narrow side to the road and the lot has the wide side as the front, so I might have to just use it as inspiration. As soon as I get Oasis Springs (Tatooine) built up to where I want it with about five households in it, I'm going to actually start playing. I've set the game to not age up families that I'm not actively playing, so I can do rotational play. And I want to have between 3 and 6 households per neighborhood. (4-6 for most, but Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook are both really small.)
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    How is everyone liking it so far? I’m interested in it when I can one day get it on sale (Well I’m trying to convince myself I only need to buy it on sale lol). Does it seem to have replay value? That’s my biggest concern honestly.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm really enjoying playing with this pack. It took me over 6 hours to get one sim full reputation with the resistance. I've only just started to play round with bb - which I love to do. My next gen sim is Kylo Rens son and he will be exploring the dark side Order, in his fathers footsteps.
    Not earning actually money is a challenge if you like to play rags to riches, as I do. So Brody is going to be trying to earn enough credits to buy souvenirs and then sell them back home. And then I'll try the scoundrels.
    There's some limitations that have been on game play which I really do not like and I feel it goes against the sims, 'play as you want' and 'tell your own stories', ethos. I've found ways round most of them, so it's not game breaking. However, this idea of putting restrictions on players really needs to go.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    My original plan was to have my one sim complete all the missions and while that's still the plan I'm going to take a break after completing the Resistance mission. The gameplay would just be too repetitive to complete all the missions consecutively. I am having fun with it but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. Which is a good thing I guess.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    My original plan was to have my one sim complete all the missions and while that's still the plan I'm going to take a break after completing the Resistance mission. The gameplay would just be too repetitive to complete all the missions consecutively. I am having fun with it but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. Which is a good thing I guess.

Yeah, it really is more fun to just relax with it and make it part of a Sims life - not just try to push through a leg of missions in one vacation.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited September 2020
    Kerrigan wrote: »

Yeah, it really is more fun to just relax with it and make it part of a Sims life - not just try to push through a leg of missions in one vacation.

@simgirl1010 and @Kerrigan ....... Yeah, I also totally agree. It takes me forever to complete things because I typically play on the weekends (except for today since I was off from work.); Plus, I take my time. I'm happy it will not be easy because I enjoy figuring things out. I was in CAS for awhile. I'll play a little and pick things up again when the weekend comes around. Fun so far.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    edited September 2020
    Akl500P wrote: »
    How is everyone liking it so far? I’m interested in it when I can one day get it on sale (Well I’m trying to convince myself I only need to buy it on sale lol). Does it seem to have replay value? That’s my biggest concern honestly.

I like it a lot. I have some serious issues with it*, but overall I'm having a lot of fun. I need to figure out what to put on top of it, but I just built a poorly-lit underground cantina for my Star Wars save, and found someone's "Tatooine reservoir" pool, which doesn't make a lot of sense for Tatooine, but then Oasis Springs has too much water and too many green lots for Tatooine anyway. Anyway, I spent some time updating that pool with new wallpaper and items, and I started what I thought might be a quick revision of the Landgraab's house but trying to remake it in the style of Jabba's Palace, with round turrets instead of just being a bunch of cubes, is turning out to be a big enough project that I'm probably just going to bulldoze and start over.

I took one of my saves, where my sim-self has reached the top of the Criminal career as an Oracle, and sent him to Batuu for a couple of days. He hasn't gotten to meet Rey yet, and I sent him back home because he had work coming up and I'd also left seven other sims behind at home. I know they won't randomly die or anything, but I was getting constant updates and prompts asking if they wanted to work from home, or informing me that a distant acquaintance (I mean, close friend) had died, or whatever. My sim-self came across the parts for two lightsabers, and so he'll either give one to his wife or one of his kids. He's one piece of scrap away from being able to put together a droid.

* (Needs more for kids to do, lots need to be bigger, alien parts should have been skin features even though it would have been more work than making them hats, and now having played it a while, missions involve far too much running between neighborhoods).
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LOL that made my night.

I started to dabble with it with Cassandra Goth. Really enjoying the mix and match with Eco Lifestyle and the MAC update. Just feels like the clothes are much more cozy this year with the comfy layers.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArOQ23BONKUPh3kJZjh_2wQ0lg9c
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

I didn’t get a chance to play for very long,(maybe 3-4 hours?) but I’m enjoying it a lot so far. I’ve updated some of my builds with the new BB and I have many more to do, which I look forward to.
    As for the mission gameplay, like others stated, the best thing is to take your time and not rush through every mission. It’s very enjoyable that way, in my opinion. There seem to be many of them.
    So far I’ve only done 2 or 3 and I’m barely past Rookie Scoundrel status. At the moment I’m focusing on 1 sim, but I’ve created another one, a female with great robot/ droid building skills who will join the Resistance. I plan for her to become a Jedi master.

I don’t want my smuggler dude to be able to fight with lightsabers, he’s not that kind of guy. He fights with his hands and he’s pretty selfish and materialistic. I’ll give him a nice character arc though.
    As for now I need him to be able to fly a couple of ships and provide information or resources where needed. He’s been in trouble a couple of times whenever he visits the outpost. It seems to be his thing. I make sure to keep gameplay balanced and build his main story outside of Batuu. The missions are there to break it up a little. Right now he lives in an abandoned camp near the volcano on a tropical planet called Inaalus. ( Sulani ) and he’s just trying to survive there, until he has enough money to move and get himself a bigger place and -hopefully- his own space ship.

There are limitations in this gamepack that need to be resolved, even if they are intentional. The fact that Batuu is extremely Occult unfriendly, could be a game breaker for some folks. I’m playing with humans, although eventually I’m hoping to make a Spellcaster of my lady Jedi and I just need her to be able to use her powers anywhere she goes. Batuu should not be an exception to tell our own story.

For me so far nothing has been a dealbreaker! :)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying playing with this pack. It took me over 6 hours to get one sim full reputation with the resistance. I've only just started to play round with bb - which I love to do. My next gen sim is Kylo Rens son and he will be exploring the dark side Order, in his fathers footsteps.
    Not earning actually money is a challenge if you like to play rags to riches, as I do. So Brody is going to be trying to earn enough credits to buy souvenirs and then sell them back home. And then I'll try the scoundrels.
    There's some limitations that have been on game play which I really do not like and I feel it goes against the sims, 'play as you want' and 'tell your own stories', ethos. I've found ways round most of them, so it's not game breaking. However, this idea of putting restrictions on players really needs to go.

I have to wait for a sale or a bundle but the restrictions have me worried a bit. Can you please tell what work arounds you use?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I am having so much fun with this! <3

I was up until 3 in the morning playing last night, and it's 2:30am right now as I just stopped playing a few minutes ago and I'm up too late again because I'm a little bit insane over this pack. :D

I'd like to share some screenshots and some of my story as it unravels but I just keep playing, so I'm not sure when I'll be doing that. I'm really looking forward to playing around with the CAS. I have so, so many character ideas (most have nothing to do with Star Wars) and I absolutely love the clothing.

I think it's important to go into this pack with the expectations that it functions more like a miniature version of the old Sim offshoot games, only it's still connected to the base game so you can use some of the stuff and bring in an existing Sim, with limitations. It's a strange design, for sure, but if you keep an open mind and let it be what it is without trying to make it what you want it to be, it's actually fun.

My biggest gripe is probably that there are no Force powers. My second is that Occults don't function normally, although I'm playing with an Alien, a Spellcaster and a Servo and I'm not having any trouble. I think Vampires and Mermaids would have a bigger problem. Mostly Vampires, which is a shame. But the Servos...they fit in beautifully!

Anyway, I hope others find some enjoyment out of it! May The Force be with you!
    #Team Occult
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I have to wait for a sale or a bundle but the restrictions have me worried a bit. Can you please tell what work arounds you use?

The biggest one was the CAS restrictions, which is solved by using More Columns For CAS mod, which unlocks everything for Batuu. MCCC for removing the no romance restrictions on the npcs, and for summoning them out of batuu to normal worlds if you wish. They do go right back if you use the Send Home option.
    The one I haven't figured out yet is allowing occults to use their abilities. There doesn't seem to be a buff on my occults that is restricting them. I did notice that the custom spells I have via mods still work in Batuu, so I'm betting that someone will figure that one out.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

The biggest one was the CAS restrictions, which is solved by using More Columns For CAS mod, which unlocks everything for Batuu. MCCC for removing the no romance restrictions on the npcs, and for summoning them out of batuu to normal worlds if you wish. They do go right back if you use the Send Home option.
    The one I haven't figured out yet is allowing occults to use their abilities. There doesn't seem to be a buff on my occults that is restricting them. I did notice that the custom spells I have via mods still work in Batuu, so I'm betting that someone will figure that one out.

Thank you. I think I will finally get the more columns mod.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I’ve seen people mention that they put their Sims back into regular clothing by having them sleep in a bed or use a shower on Batuu. Of course to do this, you’ll need to use the bb.enablefreebuild cheat to add those items. This is a good work around if you’d rather not use mods.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    okester wrote: »
    I’ve seen people mention that they put their Sims back into regular clothing by having them sleep in a bed or use a shower on Batuu. Of course to do this, you’ll need to use the bb.enablefreebuild cheat to add those items. This is a good work around if you’d rather not use mods.
    That's an excellent point! We can just set our sims up to look how we want, arrive in Batuu and head straight for the shower :D
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    That's an excellent point! We can just set our sims up to look how we want, arrive in Batuu and head straight for the shower :D

I made the gorgeous Sim in my profile pic specifically for use in the pack, and was devastated when I found that the clothing was restricted. But I’m feeling much more hopeful now 🥰
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Actually the clothing specific to Batuu seems to be enforced by the rabbithole dwelling in Batuu. I added a wardrobe in Oga's Cantina and I could change clothes as we normally do.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited September 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

Actually the clothing specific to Batuu seems to be enforced by the rabbithole dwelling in Batuu. I added a wardrobe in Oga's Cantina and I could change clothes as we normally do.

Does it check off the goal though? Could I change clothing via dwelling to check off the goal first and then use the wardrobe to change into what I actually want to wear? Because I really love the trousers/pants but I hate the bottom strappy bits and want to cover them up with long boots!

EDIT: Can you use the cas.fulleditmode cheat whilst in Batuu?
    Post edited by GracieO312 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top