Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim won the lottery!

I'm stunned, baffled, have no words! Ok, the last part might not be true, I always seem to find words no matter what.

Anyway, new save and new sim, yeah? He gets the cheap Medina apartement next to Benali, just 'cause its cheap and has lots of room. He's scraping by, just started a new career, painting and woodworking to earn some cash, digging in trash to find good "deals", you know, you do what you must do.

4 days into his life in the city, its Lottery Day, and he buys a ticket, like you do. Next day comes around, and I expect some unknown townie I've never heard of, Random Sim #163, winning. But no, its MY Bobby! He had 1293 bucks to his name, then suddenly BAM! One million smackers zooms into his account! I never thought this could happen! What ARE the odds?!? Maybe because its a fairly new save, not many sims have been randomly generated yet, I dunno!

I'm shocked, I don't know what to do! What ARE people doing with a million bucks?? I never ever even CHEATED that much cash! Whenever I've seen posts about these things, I just don't give it a second thought, its not relatable to me. Do I have him quit his job, and let him take that vacation he has a whim for right now? Do I move him to a sprawling mansion, get married (to a golddigger, no doubt!) and have a bunch of kids that he never gets to see because the house is just too darn big?

Suggestions? Tips? What would YOU do with a million simoleons?

Comments

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sounds like it's time to buy that penthouse in San Myshuno's Fashion District.

EDIT: I don't know how you're playing Bobby, but if you're looking to have him be smart about this, complete the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration as quickly as possible so that he'll never have to work again and can just live off of interest. If he's going to be a legacy founder, your legacy is now financially set, and permanently.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Congratulations! Has your sim ever owned and operated a business? Now may be the time. Of course that would come after the fabulous vacation and brand new apartment.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited September 2020
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I'm stunned, baffled, have no words! Ok, the last part might not be true, I always seem to find words no matter what.

Anyway, new save and new sim, yeah? He gets the cheap Medina apartement next to Benali, just 'cause its cheap and has lots of room. He's scraping by, just started a new career, painting and woodworking to earn some cash, digging in trash to find good "deals", you know, you do what you must do.

4 days into his life in the city, its Lottery Day, and he buys a ticket, like you do. Next day comes around, and I expect some unknown townie I've never heard of, Random Sim #163, winning. But no, its MY Bobby! He had 1293 bucks to his name, then suddenly BAM! One million smackers zooms into his account! I never thought this could happen! What ARE the odds?!? Maybe because its a fairly new save, not many sims have been randomly generated yet, I dunno!

I'm shocked, I don't know what to do! What ARE people doing with a million bucks?? I never ever even CHEATED that much cash! Whenever I've seen posts about these things, I just don't give it a second thought, its not relatable to me. Do I have him quit his job, and let him take that vacation he has a whim for right now? Do I move him to a sprawling mansion, get married (to a golddigger, no doubt!) and have a bunch of kids that he never gets to see because the house is just too darn big?

Suggestions? Tips? What would YOU do with a million simoleons?

This is officially my favorite post. I have a Sim so wealthy that I had to buy him a vault so I would stop capping his wealth at 9,999,999 simoleons. But I STILL ALWAYS PLAY THE LOTTERY. Anything above a million is hard to spend, I can assure you of that! I do wish they would add cars to the game at some point. I would have my sim by a Lamborghini. :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

EDIT: I don't know how you're playing Bobby, but if you're looking to have him be smart about this, complete the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration as quickly as possible so that he'll never have to work again and can just live off of interest. If he's going to be a legacy founder, your legacy is now financially set, and permanently.

Ohh good advice, I'll get that aspiration finished right away. Don't think my sim OR his decendants ever have to work again, just not sure how interesting that would be. Some times its nice to get them out of the house (and your hair) for a bit! I'm not really sure what to do with him now, really. He was originally meant as a builder sim, for a build-only save (name Bobby Builder). I might have to re-think that plan :)
    Congratulations! Has your sim ever owned and operated a business? Now may be the time. Of course that would come after the fabulous vacation and brand new apartment.

I've only tried having a retail store once. It was an art gallery of sorts. I'm not sure its for me, I'm way too impatient. Even one sale takes too long, with all the convincing and sales pitches you have to do. I had employees but they were absolutely no help at all. Might have been buggy, though.... Thanks for the tip :) I'll see what options I have for his own business, and if I can find an interesting theme that fits him.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I don't think I've ever had a sim win the lottery. It's basically non-existent in my game. My sims have a better chance of getting abducted than winning the lottery.

A few weeks ago, I was playing a rags to riches type game and my sim found a money tree seed in the dumpster. Needless to say, he wasn't in rags for long. That was the first time I ever found the money tree in this game. I eventually got bored and quit because there was no struggle.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Now I know thee is a possibility my sims could win that much, that is one holiday I will be stopping, there is no challenge for me when they have so much money they dont need to work. please let us know what you decide to do with it all. and Bobby, love his name.
    :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I find it kinda boring if my Sims have too much money, personally. But it’s cool that they won. I don’t think I’ve ever had a played Sim win before.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I always remove lottery winnings from my families. I play rotational and sometimes the families win the lottery when I'm not playing them and then when I go to play them they have so many simoleons. I usually take it all away using the money cheat. I enjoy having my sims earn what they have. :D
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I always remove lottery winnings from my families. I play rotational and sometimes the families win the lottery when I'm not playing them and then when I go to play them they have so many simoleons. I usually take it all away using the money cheat. I enjoy having my sims earn what they have. :D

can you please remind me exactly what i do to take money away, I have a glitch that when I go to play a sim I get told they have a million simoleans. I dont want that in my game. and it wasnt because of the lottery. sometimes its the family I have been playing, I take them into cas and when i come out o fthat there it is. so pelase remind me exactly what I have to type in. that cheat never works for me, so I must be doing it wrong. Thank you.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited September 2020
    Lucky! The very few times my Sims won the lottery the price has been a few hundred. xD
  • wilsonstonewilsonstone Posts: 18 Member
    I didn't know there was a lottery to be played. How do you get a ticket? Is it specific to a game pack?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

can you please remind me exactly what i do to take money away, I have a glitch that when I go to play a sim I get told they have a million simoleans. I dont want that in my game. and it wasnt because of the lottery. sometimes its the family I have been playing, I take them into cas and when i come out o fthat there it is. so pelase remind me exactly what I have to type in. that cheat never works for me, so I must be doing it wrong. Thank you.

I just type "testingcheats on" in the cheat box press enter then type "money 10000" or what ever money amount I want. After that I type "testingcheats off" and close the cheat box.
    I didn't know there was a lottery to be played. How do you get a ticket? Is it specific to a game pack?

Its an event from Seasons. Not sure how random it is, if its on the same days of the year or what. On the day of the Lottery, your sims can buy tickets on the phone, Household tab.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Have never ever happened to non of my many Sims that they wun the lottery. I know Bob Pancakes did it in one of my games, but I wasn't playing him
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    My sims have never won the lottery. Lucky sim! :D
  • wilsonstonewilsonstone Posts: 18 Member
    > @Kathykins said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Its an event from Seasons. Not sure how random it is, if its on the same days of the year or what. On the day of the Lottery, your sims can buy tickets on the phone, Household tab.

Hmmm...is seasons worth getting? I'll look it up. I bought spa day but I don't see a spa anywhere on my map.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    > @Kathykins said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Its an event from Seasons. Not sure how random it is, if its on the same days of the year or what. On the day of the Lottery, your sims can buy tickets on the phone, Household tab.

Hmmm...is seasons worth getting? I'll look it up. I bought spa day but I don't see a spa anywhere on my map.

If you have spa day you have a premade spa in the library that you can download to your game. There are also tons of spas in the gallery.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    My sims also won the lottery last week. New game I started to raise foster children. They used all their money on a basic home so it was really slow going to get all the things I wanted for children. I was as dazed as my sim when he won. I really was going to skip the lottery because I was trying to save up for beds and toys. They now have a full house and one job. My stay at home sim has a job where she can choose to write something if she wishes to. She hasn't had time with all the cooking, repairs homework and socializing. I don't find I play any differently. I was just able to get on with the game I had in mind without the tedious go to work, come home do tasks go to work again. I never really notice the money in sims unless they don't have any.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2020
    Kathykins wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Ohh good advice, I'll get that aspiration finished right away. Don't think my sim OR his decendants ever have to work again, just not sure how interesting that would be. Some times its nice to get them out of the house (and your hair) for a bit! I'm not really sure what to do with him now, really. He was originally meant as a builder sim, for a build-only save (name Bobby Builder). I might have to re-think that plan :)

Also consider going rags-to-riches-to-rags. Maybe Bobby spends his money poorly, or is taken in by scam artists, or his gold-digging spouse leaves him high and dry. You could be writing Bob the Builder: Bob's Messy Divorce, and upper middle age, beaten down, juiceaholic Bob finds himself back in that run down apartment in the Spice District.

That would flesh out some of your in-universe lore too. "Oh this cafe? It was designed and constructed by Builder and Associates. You know, the owner had that tragic story." That sort of thing.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Congrats. My Sims have never won. :)
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    When my Sim won the lottery I built a vault and put the money in and tried to forget about it. For me the game gets boring when my Sims have money.
  • HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    When i did the 100 baby challenges that sim won the money so 8 did her house up and brought the some of the kids houses she still a famous painter but does it her and there now lol
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    The only time I had a really wealthy sim was back in TS3 and I had him buy a vacation home in China, Egypt and France. That was hard work. But I find playing wealthy sims boring too.

The only satisfaction I can get from wealthy sims is figuring out some way for them to spread the wealth to impoverished sims. I've had homeless sims move in, get jobs, build skills and move out with some valuable items in their inventory. Something that worked in Sims2 and I think works in Sims4 is to set up a house for university students. The first sim (with money) can furnish the house with nice beds, appliances and whatever. As long as there's someone living there, new low-income students (from the same save file) can move in while going to Uni and have all the nice furnishings and useful equipment without spending a dime.
    Thanks for comments everyone! Too many for me to quote and reply to each separately :open_mouth:

I haven't done much yet. He got some upgrades to his place, nothing fancy, a better bathroom and kitchen appliances, a good TV and a comfy couch to sit and watch it. Yes, wild, I know (no penthouse for him yet!)

I also sent him on a 4 day trip to Granite Falls, which he absolutely loved since he's an outdoors'y kind of guy. I think he found 12-13 of the insects, including Dragon Dragonfly and Rainbow Firefly, so hopefully only easy ones left! No hermit, but I suspect a mod was causing that (NPCC probably, since it limits the number of NPC's generated and I'm not too familiar with the settings yet). He also took a daytrip to Batuu, just to check it out because, of course, the folks from there were already visiting our regular worlds BEFORE my sim got there. Anyway, interesting place. I'll go back when I feel I have the time again. Since, I didn't let him quit his job. Yet. I go crazy if my sims aren't kept busy at all times! With useful stuff!

See, reading your comments made me think about things we used to have in previous games. Like, the expensive cars, vacation homes etc. Also a 72k Jet Plane statue! Got it as a wedding gift once, could just stare at it and the price tag. You could really blow some serious cash! And now, unless you want to go for your own business, there is nothing to spend big bucks on! And although I want my sim to have something to do, I'm not sure I want to do retail or restaurant. It will take a lot of time, so much time there's really nothing left for anything else.

So I still need to do some thinking. One thing I know is, I want to "pay it forward" to some extent. With the interest from Fabulously wealthy, he can live comfortably for probably the rest of his life, which is indefinitely with aging off. I'll build him a house, with room for whatever he needs, and space enough for a family and their needs (and my usual big garden/greenhouse!). I'll keep some money, the rest will go to charity, those in need and gifts to friends. @CorkysPetals I also like the idea of moving homeless sims in and "build them up" so to speak, so they are (storywise) better able to succeed in life. Who knows, maybe it will be the start of a really fun rotational game :)

So yes, both my sim and I are over our 3+ dazed moodlet, and have some real planning to do B)