March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR doesn't want to review Journey to Batuu / doesn't want to cover The Sims 4 anymore

Comments

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

Yayyy being a Paralives Patreon is really a lot of fun!
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    plenty of others who review the new pack anyway :)

I've watched videos throughout the day. Many are saying the same thing and it isn't positive...
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I watched some of his older reviews when the Sims 4 first came out, 'smarter Sims' LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT5JbnCtEvA&list=PLbBZM9aUMsjH0ugWCCkcFxNPtvqRoi9la&index=49
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited September 2020
    I saw this day coming sooner or later, kinda sad I wont see his opinion on the pack but honestly can you blame him? Seems like star wars is what finally broke lgr and Ralph enough to say hell no, no more! 🤣 I'm sure all people who been calling him and others who've had the courage to criticize ea/sims 4 "toxic" and "too negative" will be happy to hear this 😒
    giphy.gif

• mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    It's sad that LGR is not making a video about this pack. I really don't care about this pack, but I hoped I could have some fun watching his review video...

I totally understand him... I feel the same. It's so sad the direction of The Sims. I'm not sure that there would be a Sims 5 and if it comes to exists, it will be a new mess seeing the choices EA is making these days.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2020
    marcel21 wrote: »
    plenty of others who review the new pack anyway :)

I've watched videos throughout the day. Many are saying the same thing and it isn't positive...

Hello :)

I meant generally there are plenty of others going to review this pack and any future sims 4 packs.
    Oh, I know. hard to miss all this fuss over this game pack. I watched most of them myself. I would be lost without most of the game changers' videos and reviews.

I still love the style of all the content in this pack so its a win for me.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2020
    troshalom wrote: »
    Yeah seems like the pack broke LGR and he likes Star Wars

LGR.png

@BatmanFanGirl yeah it's refreshing when you learn how to block the haters.

@SimTrippy he actually bought it, played it and said nah, nope, not gonna review this.

Yeah I read the thread afterwards. I mean I get it, I can't even bring myself to spend any money on this pack and I own everything else for TS4, most of TS3, all of TS2, TS2 for PlayStation 2, the Sims 1 (used to anyway, don't ask me where my burned copies are xD), and the Urbz lol. This pack is just painful. I know that some people like it, but I don't understand why. And that's fine, it's not on me to judge, but I can see why someone like LGR who's not in any way, shape or form obligated to review any of this, got burned out by this pack (and also previous packs in his case, but this one really takes the cake). It's just the height of cash grabbing for me. There is nothing there.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright folks let's get this back on track, I've removed some posts from in here, in future if you believe a post in inappropriate report it and ignore it please.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    His reviews were very enjoyable to watch. I don't blame him not doing a review on a pack that he is not interested in.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Just out of interest has anyone seen one of his latest tweets? I don't want to breach guidelines for this forum but I think that's a positive step dissatisfied fans could take....
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Wow. The pack is so incredibly bad that it broke LGR.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Wow. The pack is so incredibly bad that it broke LGR.
    I have to admit, I agree with LGR. I'd hoped for some usable cas items at least, but I only found a few. I don't like having locked clothing items in cas. That is truly annoying. I buy everything TS4, but for me, this pack is by and large useless. It has no re-playable features, so I may go to Batuu once... /sigh I look forward, kind of, to what comes next.... I am past ready for TS5, although I do fear it may be even worse. /hugs to LGR!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I always enjoy watching LGRs reviews. I don’t necessarily agree with him on all fronts, but he makes the show entertaining nevertheless.

I’m also glad he’s honest enough to say ‘no’ to something he’s repeatedly showed disappointment in. Good for him. We’ll see what the next EP brings. If that’s proves to be another catastrophe to him, I’m sure he’ll be done with the Sims 4 by the end of the year.
    Sometimes we simply need to move on.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    Just out of interest has anyone seen one of his latest tweets? I don't want to breach guidelines for this forum but I think that's a positive step dissatisfied fans could take....

About him become a patron of Paralives? It’s already been posted (:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    I always enjoy watching LGRs reviews. I don’t necessarily agree with him on all fronts, but he makes the show entertaining nevertheless.

I’m also glad he’s honest enough to say ‘no’ to something he’s repeatedly showed disappointment in. Good for him. We’ll see what the next EP brings. If that’s proves to be another catastrophe to him, I’m sure he’ll be done with the Sims 4 by the end of the year.
    Sometimes we simply need to move on.

Much respect for him. He got a lot of views with his Sims 4 videos but knew when it was time to step away.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    What a shame. I do like his sims reviews. I can’t blame him though .. this pack is just flower flower flower flower flower flower flower !!!

• gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    Naus wrote: »
    TWEET:

He said he has almost ZERO interest in covering The Sims 4 anymore. He bought the pack, played for an hour and decided it was enough and a waste of time. He says there's only so many ways he can says "this sucks." He also doesn't want to go back to previous games. He's "apathetic regarding the entire series."

It's finally happened. The Sims 4 Star Wars Pack is so bad it was the last straw for LGR.

I sadly think it was the last straw for a lot of us. Seeing these tweets from LGR earlier really validated how I’ve been feeling, as well as a well known modders recent tweets. Honestly I didn’t think it would get to this point but here we are I guess. I am happy for people who are enjoying the direction the games are going and I sincerely hope they enjoy it, but as a previous poster here said I feel like I can no longer wait and hope it gets better. It’s time to take off my clown makeup and accept it for what it is.

I wholeheartedly agree. His heart hasn't been in it for a very long time. I've got a feeling he hasn't lost interest in The Sims, at least not in the core of the game, what Will Wright had as his dream, but one disappointment after the other can only do so much to such a dedicated fan.

To be quite honest, I'm very contradicted when it comes to what I'm feeling for The Sims 4 in general at the moment. Considering how sad 2020 was as a year, I'm trying to find fulfillment and happiness anywhere that I can. The Sims game was always a rock for me. It helped me deal with dark times and made me realize that it's okay to like what you like, without giving in to anyone's criticism (constructive criticism is okay, you know what I mean).

But lately, the quality of the packs has gone downhill because, to me, it seems like the Sims team has forgotten -or pushed aside?- the main element of any PC game: the gameplay. It's a game, we play, we don't look at it.

I do hope something better is on the horizon. I won't let go just yet. And if you're still reading this, thank you. I know we all do the best we can and it's not always easy. Happy Simming, stay amazing.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member

I have no idea how I missed that! Thanks for pointing that out :smiley:

No sure what the rules are on here but it's certainly made me think that I should sign up to the patron account to make up for not buying this GP....
  • FlyingTaco112FlyingTaco112 Posts: 8 New Member
    Never heard of LGR
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited September 2020
    Per the comments I've never heard of him, that doesn't really surprise me, especially if the Sims 4 was your first game.

For a lot of us, he was the go to reviewer for the Sims 3 packs back when it was the main game in the series and that started nearly 10 years ago. For many new simmers thats half your life lol, anyway my point is for older sim players (not all obviously) that followed reviews of packs online he was a favorite reviewer and he began making a living off our support/views (yes he was that popular) but with the Sims 4 he began to lose interest in the series.

A lot of us did, while other/new youtube personalities rose up that have only ever played the Sims 4 and many of which were ten years old when I was playing the sims 3 or not even born when I played the Sims 2. But he was and he shared some amazing reviews back than.

I guess my point is LGR might be better known with long term sims players for that reason, so I'm not surprised younger fans of the series/sims 4 don't know him.

Especially since he's really lost interest in the series.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    His reviews are something I always look forward to when a new pack comes out. I have every sim game so I can have any option to I didn’t buy when it came out and I never plan to... So I don’t blame him for not wanting to put hours into a making a review for a pack he played for an hour.

Am I sad I’m not giving his review for the pack, yes of course but I don’t blame him for not wanting to review this pack because it sounds like it got to him.

Game and stuff pack reviews have already murdered his war veteran buddy Ralph! If lost my toy reviewer pal I’d drop the game that killed him too.

I only hope he comes back for the next pack. (Which is something we can all at least use)
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited September 2020
    Who is lgr?

He's a YouTuber.

You could at least post a link to his YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/phreakindee

....That said, I swear that he had more Sims 4 build videos. For example, he built a mall and an arcade. Did he take them down? Did I get the wrong LGR profile? haha.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Who cares about a youtuber not making reviews of TS4?