Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Has Had It with The Sims 4

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    I would have totally loved to watch LGR rages about star wars though cause its a mood but dude does need a break since few packs ago so lets give him peace and quiet until next ep at least
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    If he does post a review, it'll be a Mustafar-level burn, I'm sure.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Took him long enough.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I think he just gave his review. His comments say it all. Can't say I disagree. I havent bought a pack on release day since, I honestly dont remember the last pack I bought on release day. I know for the last couple years everything that I have bought has been on sale because honestly it's just not worth the asking price.

This is truly disheartening because I love the sims game and I love Star Wars. While I'm interested in trying this pack, I'll wait for a price drop. I get adapting to the changing times, I understand marketing to the next gen, I mean I majored in business so it's no real surprise, it's just that I've been playing this game for 20 years. This game has been a part of my life for 20 years. I was like a kid on Christmas morning everytime a new pack came out. Believe me when I say I wish I could say that about Sims 4, but I can't and that's ok. I take it for what it is. I still enjoy playing just not as often as I use to. And currently the only reason I'm still playing is because I'm enjoying the Decades Challenge which right now is heavy with CC. I have never used as much CC and Mods like I do with this version of the Sims and have to Thank the Heavens for CC creators and Modders. But I still have some hope Sims 4 will be the game we've all been asking for or at the very least maybe the next version will be.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    He will be missed. I agree that he's just given his review, and with his reasons for bailing. Enough is enough with beating one's head against a stone wall. I didn't always agree, either, but looked forward to his reviews for an honest opinion and an overview of what's in the pack without all the EA hype. Perhaps it's time for us as simmers to objectively think this game through and whether we really want to continue to support the company that makes it.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Good for him. I always felt like he was doing it for the fans not because he wanted to. He hasn't been interested in Sims for a while now.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    He hasn't 'had it' with TS4. He also tweeted he'd wait to see what the next expansion pack is.

Also there is a thread in the correct forum. Packs.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981135/lgr-doesnt-want-to-review-journey-to-batuu-doesnt-want-to-cover-the-sims-4-anymore/p1
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited September 2020
    Time to wake up consumers: Many (not all) corporate execs look at the (esp.) new generation of consumers in a very mechanistic/robotic/easily pacified and manipulated fashion. Throw a little pacifying "glitter" on it, spin-up a dazzling soc. media campaign some, and voila, sell it for $$$.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    He’s not alone. I’ve got one foot out the door. A few weeks ago I returned to the game after an absence of four or five months, just to tinker around in CAS and Build Mode. But since CK3 came out, I’ve shelved the game once again.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    His reaction is totally understandable, we have been telling the Guru's the problems with this game for 6 years now and what do we get from them clearly not what we ask for not the improvements the base game needs no its Star Wars. They pretend to listen they say they do but pack after pack that comes out never lives up to we we got in Sims 1 2 or 3 its all dumbed down. The greatest example of this is Pets becomes just Cats and Dogs with missing and poorly done objects no careers for pets or goals no pet stores but oh joy I can take them to the vet when they look like Rudolph so much fun.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    He hasn't 'had it' with TS4. He also tweeted he'd wait to see what the next expansion pack is.

Also there is a thread in the correct forum. Packs.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981135/lgr-doesnt-want-to-review-journey-to-batuu-doesnt-want-to-cover-the-sims-4-anymore/p1

I posted it to TS4's general section because his initial tweet also talks about TS4 overall.

LGR: "I have almost ZERO interest in covering The Sims 4 anymore,..."

That tweet and his other tweets that followed tell me he no longer feels that he MUST review each and every future TS4 packs like he used to. It really speaks more volumes than forcing himself to keep reviewing just because.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm surprised he has stuck to it this long. I hope he covers Paralives and People of Newbery. I still enjoy his videos especially the Goodwill shopping ones.

Oh guess he will with Paralives, so that is good news. :)
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Good for him. I always felt like he was doing it for the fans not because he wanted to. He hasn't been interested in Sims for a while now.
    He said on reddit he’ll still do reviews for EP’s
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    People of Newbury?
    People of Newbury?
    Their Youtube channel and one of there new videos you can find here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MCKzkBzGb0
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited September 2020
    I find this pretty sad, because I loved watching LGR's content throughout The Sims 3. I don't blame him at all though -- this is entirely on EA. What a massive slap in the face this pack is! An advertisement for a Disney theme park, for a game which, instead, desperately needs content, gameplay, and some real depth. I do admit he's a better Simmer than I am; I quit buying content for The Sims 4 starting with Island Living, which is one of THE MOST shallow and empty projects I've ever seen Maxis release. MFP and Strangerville solidified my decision tenfold.

2020 was a very disappointing year for The Sims 4 and, no, it's not due to coronavirus. The themes they've picked are just so unappealing and uninspired. Tiny Living, Eco Living, Knitting, and Star Wars. From what I hear, Knitting and Eco Living either ruined a lot of Simmer's games, or broke them entirely. I am not at all surprised this is the year that a lot of people are finally reaching their breaking point with the series.

I'm a very proud supporter/backer of "the other" life simulation on Patreon, like LGR. They're really showing that they're committed to making an actual life simulation game and not an uninspired mess like Maxis with The Sims 4.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'm surprised he has stuck to it this long. I hope he covers Paralives and People of Newbery. I still enjoy his videos especially the Goodwill shopping ones.

Yup, saw that too!

You know, when I'm feeling depressed about the direction that The Sims franchise is going, I visit all the websites of the other life simulation games in development. They are so enthusiastic and passionate about their games that they all make me feel better about the future of the life simulation genre!

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I hope Sims 4 ends soon....I'm so sick of the bugs,glitches and lagging. I hope sims 5 will be 9000 times better than Sims 4. I'll be paying Minecraft,Roblox,Pokemon and Animal Crossing while waiting for Sims 5 and whatever Paradox Games will turn out.

I've uninstalled Sims 4,amd I most likely will not be re-installing it.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
    Scobre wrote: »

Yup, saw that too!

You know, when I'm feeling depressed about the direction that The Sims franchise is going, I visit all the websites of the other life simulation games in development. They are so enthusiastic and passionate about their games that they all make me feel better about the future of the life simulation genre!

Yeah honestly Sims needs some competition and it is about time for it too. I remember Will Wright saying how shocked he was the Sims franchise didn't have competition already.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Scobre @Oldeseadogge @ClarionOfJoy Have you heard about Little Sim World? Looking forward to that one as well. It's a little more simplistic style wise but looks like it will be fun.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn